Hearts v Hibs tonight

swiftboy

Under 17s tonight at Riccarton 6.30 will this be the last chance to get one over them this year.Going by previous results should be a win for the JTs

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Someone from Hubs told me its 7

They still going on about that score i heard it was 10-2

Goose Baxter

Never been there before so welly boots do you go to see the games? I know where it is just dont know were to go once there.

chester copperpot
Never been there before so welly boots do you go to see the games? I know where it is just dont know were to go once there.

Go up the main road as you get to the uni, park in Car park C, right at the top. There's 2 ways you can go, but if you head up the back of the car park from the main entrance to car park C, then that will take you to a set of stairs, follow them up, passing the building on the right, then up the stairs to the fenced in bit, where the pitches are.

Give the lads a cheer from me, am off sick from work today or would have went along.

Drive in through the University till you see the playing fields (you may have to turn back for parking). Normally u17's play on the grass pitches next to the training pitch. If they are not their they will be on the pitches up behind the academy building.

Park in the walled car park (left turn after first mini roundabout) or continue past playing fields and there is parking up on the left.

3-3

Hearts took the lead through Danny Thomson, Hibs equalised before the break with their first forrage up the park outwith the first 5mins. 1-1 h/t

Hibs went 3-1 up with 2goals in a minute after the break.............all 3 Hibs goals were the result of poor marking from cross balls.

Love pulled one back for Hearts with a good run and neat finish and Balatoni blasted home a pen (handball) for the equaliser.

Hibs missed a sitter with 2mins to go, boy ballooned it over the bar from 2yards with the goal gaping (about the 4th time they got up the park).

Some good play from Hearts especially in the first half. The goals we gave away were shocking though.

One bad point, in a typical derby game with a lot of niggles, there was no need for the Hibs no6(a nerdy mouthy yob who i believe used to be on our books.........well rid imo) to blatantly stamp on Thomson stomach after fouling him.....how the ref missed it and the boy escaped red i will never know....an absolute shocker in which there should be no place in the game for it at whatever level.

Refs at this level are poor also.........................sliding tackle from a Hibs player which took out the Hearts man = Hibs free kick to the bemusement of all.

Hans von Luck
3-3

Hearts took the lead through Danny Thomson, Hibs equalised before the break with their first forrage up the park outwith the first 5mins. 1-1 h/t

Hibs went 3-1 up with 2goals in a minute after the break.............all 3 Hibs goals were the result of poor marking from cross balls.

Love pulled one back for Hearts with a good run and neat finish and Balatoni blasted home a pen (handball) for the equaliser.

Hibs missed a sitter with 2mins to go, boy ballooned it over the bar from 2yards with the goal gaping.

Some good play from Hearts especially in the first half.

One bad point, in a typical derby game with a lot of niggles, there was no need for the Hibs no6 to blatantly stamp on Thomson stomach after fouling him.....how the ref missed it and the boy escaped red i will never know....an absolute shocker in which there should be no place in the game for it at whatever level.

Refs at this level are poor also.........................sliding tackle from a Hibs player which took out the Hearts man = Hibs free kick to the bemusement of all.

I take it that the flairmeister kids are still trying to get to grips with Mixu's rough and ready hoofball ?

Goose Baxter
3-3

Hibs missed a sitter with 2mins to go, boy ballooned it over the bar from 2yards with the goal gaping (about the 4th time they got up the park).

Some good play from Hearts especially in the first half. The goals we gave away were shocking though.

One bad point, in a typical derby game with a lot of niggles, there was no need for the Hibs no6(a nerdy mouthy yob who i believe used to be on our books.........well rid imo) to blatantly stamp on Thomson stomach after fouling him.....how the ref missed it and the boy escaped red i will never know....an absolute shocker in which there should be no place in the game for it at whatever level.

That Blonde/Ginger no6 was a tit during the game. A very dirty player.

Was great when he nearly colided with the metal posts behind the goals

I take it that the flairmeister kids are still trying to get to grips with Mixu's rough and ready hoofball ?

TBF, especially in the first half, both teams tried to play football.

That Blonde/Ginger no6 was a tit during the game. A very dirty player.

Was great when he nearly colided with the metal posts behind the goals

The Hearts substitute no 14 seemed to get stuck in about him and put him of his game/stride. He did not like that.

Goose Baxter
The Hearts substitute no 14 seemed to get stuck in about him and put him of his game/stride. He did not like that.

Thought nearly ever player on the field got stuck in during the game.

No2 for hibs was funny every time he shouted. Dont think his baws have droped yet!

Thought nearly ever player on the field got stuck in during the game.

No2 for hibs was funny every time he shouted. Dont think his baws have droped yet!

I said to the boy i was that that lad would be better of learning sign language rather than shouting with that voice.

ps Even on a warm night, Riccartons freezing!

Goose Baxter
I said to the boy i was that that lad would be better of learning sign language rather than shouting with that voice.

ps Even on a warm night, Riccartons freezing!

He reminded me of the guy in the ali g movie that doesnt speak at all and tehn towards the end he opens his mouth to this hi pitch tone!!

Pender played well he came on, we improved massivly

Did the wee man play?

Aye, 90mins, was not the smallest on the park, but was nearly! He played well, ran his socks off, competed well.

CornhillHearts

No 6 held Hubs together and was probably best player on the park, anyway got speaking to a players dad and whom did he bring up in conversation, none other than Prancer.

It was a decent game, Robinson was poor on the night and reckon Hearts underestimated Hubs.

Goose Baxter
No 6 held Hubs together and was probably best player on the park, anyway got speaking to a players dad and whom did he bring up in conversation, none other than Prancer.

It was a decent game, Robinson was poor on the night and reckon Hearts underestimated Hubs.

Dont think hearts underestimated hibs to be honest with you. I thought Hearts hade 5 minutes of madness when hibs scored the 2 goals. I thought it was a very even game with good football played and a draw was the best result.

What did he say about prancer more to the point? How he slates his son no doubt! lol

Ryan Gosling

You don't say? :laugh:

Was he complimentary?

No. 14 was murray halliday. at my school, first time ive seen him for hearts, thought he was pretty good likes

jambo walesy

Was there a Stephen Mcginn playing for Hearts or came off the bench?

Cause if not he's a wee liar.

He was on the bench but didnt get on.

shaunmccallion65

who played well for the jambos?. .any players looking to have potential?

heard a lot of promise about that bunch of boys x x

Charlie-Brown

I had to leave after about an hour whilst it was still 3-1 to Hibs so missed our fightback - I say fightback cos obviously we needed to get the goals back but how Hibs were actually winning at the time was no reflection on the game, as Hearts played by far the better football for long spells / most of the hour that I saw and as Gambo says the not-so-flair-meisters scored virtually everytime they entered our box.

First from a loose ball knocked down from a free kick a young hobo scored from about 8 yards, at the beginning of the second half the Hobo centre half got up well to header in although the defence & goalie should've covered better then about 90 seconds afterwards Hearts got caught pushing forward & Hibs scored from a counter-attack with their player sliding it home from about 6 yards although the marking was poor & we got caught out.

The goals conceded aside Hearts played very well and played some excellent passing stuff - it was almost football the way it's supposed to be played ;) and our kids dominated Hibs for long spells of the game.

Best that I saw for us was (starting from the back) Balatoni & his fellow centre half, a big young guy with a skinhead - they dominated in the air and also passed & played the ball out of defence well. The left back Mikey Delands looks like he will become some player - tall & athletic he was beating players for fun going down the left hand side - reminds me of a dutch player from the 70's with his long blonde hair - in midfield we had an excellent trio of Danny Thomson (Jason's wee brother) - he scored the first goal when he dispossessed a Hobo then cracked home a shot low into the corner from about 22 yards - McCallion who looked very classy & ran the game for Hearts with his passing could be a cracking player although sometime he was a bit elaborate - and wide-left was John Woods who was a bundle of energy and also went past his man most times and showed some good skill. Up front wee Scott Robinson & David Love looked like they could be a really dangerous combination and they tried to link well but the Hibs defenders to their credit fought hard and not everything we tried up front came off for us but on another day I could see them blitzing teams.

Am glad our boys fought back for the draw cos it was the least they deserved but it was a good game of football & hard fought. :)

I had to leave after about an hour whilst it was still 3-1 to Hibs so missed our fightback - I say fightback cos obviously we needed to get the goals back but how Hibs were actually winning at the time was no reflection on the game, as Hearts played by far the better football for long spells / most of the hour that I saw and as Gambo says the not-so-flair-meisters scored virtually everytime they entered our box.

First from a loose ball knocked down from a free kick a young hobo scored from about 8 yards, at the beginning of the second half the Hobo centre half got up well to header in although the defence & goalie should've covered better then about 90 seconds afterwards Hearts got caught pushing forward & Hibs scored from a counter-attack with their player sliding it home from about 6 yards although the marking was poor & we got caught out.

The goals conceded aside Hearts played very well and played some excellent passing stuff - it was almost football the way it's supposed to be played ;) and our kids dominated Hibs for long spells of the game.

Best that I saw for us was (starting from the back) Balatoni & his fellow centre half, a big young guy with a skinhead - they dominated in the air and also passed & played the ball out of defence well. The left back Mikey Delands looks like he will become some player - tall & athletic he was beating players for fun going down the left hand side - reminds me of a dutch player from the 70's with his long blonde hair - in midfield we had an excellent trio of Danny Thomson (Jason's wee brother) - he scored the first goal when he dispossessed a Hobo then cracked home a shot low into the corner from about 22 yards - McCallion who looked very classy & ran the game for Hearts with his passing could be a cracking player although sometime he was a bit elaborate - and wide-left was John Woods who was a bundle of energy and also went past his man most times and showed some good skill. Up front wee Scott Robinson & David Love looked like they could be a really dangerous combination and they tried to link well but the Hibs defenders to their credit fought hard and not everything we tried up front came off for us but on another day I could see them blitzing teams.

Am glad our boys fought back for the draw cos it was the least they deserved but it was a good game of football & hard fought. :)

The last under-19s game I covered I was talking to Kostadinov at half time, there were a few young lads on the bench so I asked if any of them were good. Delands was the player he spoke really highly of.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Christ, don't give Prancer anymore encouragement.

He will be pulling the heid off it as we speak at the thought of his opinions reaching the Hearts boys. :sad:

Christ, don't give Prancer anymore encouragement.

He will be pulling the heid off it as we speak at the thought of his opinions reaching the Hearts boys. :sad:

barf.gif

Chad Sexington

He's not lying.

He was asked to go along after scoring 2 hat-tricks in a row for Hutchie.

Shame he didn't get on.

CornhillHearts

Hearts had 10 subs which is far too many.

Sorry NMH i disagree with your summary of game and Hubs could have won it at end, the two centre halves for Hearts did not play in tandem and know Conrad is better than that.

Deland did not benefit for being switched all over defence, the Hubs 6 was easily best defender on park by a mile, Robinson had a poor game which he admitted afterwards.

The Marooney Meister
The last under-19s game I covered I was talking to Kostadinov at half time, there were a few young lads on the bench so I asked if any of them were good. Delands was the player he spoke really highly of.

That's my cousins boy, must get along to watch him play sometime. Sounds like areal prospect.

i thought hearts were the better side and it would have been a travesty if they had lost the game. credit to them for fighting back from 3-1 down by going to a three four three and pressing hibs. have to agree the bleached blond hibs defender impressed me very comitted and talks all the time a real winner.

from the hearts team i was very impressed with danny thomson, excellent balance and strength and i think he will develop into a very tidy player for hearts. along with McCallion they ran the midfield in the first half.

the boy delands also had a very good game but if he wants to make the grade he must lose that ridiculous haircut. balatoni had a good first half and outmuscled the hibs strikers with ease. hibs obviously saw this and brought on Keith Murray who scored the equaliser and looked very pacy and strong.

up front the boy david love caught my eye more than robinson, he is very quick with good feet and finished his only chance brilliantly.

hopefully they keep progressing and we will see a few of them step up in the next three years or so.

also think the hibs defender was very lucky not to get a straight red for the stamp on thomson think the ref was the only person that did not see it.

good to see Frail watching the whole game along with most of the u-19's as well.

Hearts had 10 subs which is far too many.

Correct, the Hearts bench resembled an American Football bench.

Guest JamboRobbo
Correct, the Hearts bench resembled an American Football bench.

Stop being so critical. You should support your team instead of moaning about the number of subs on the bench.

FERRYABROAD

Fair summing up of the game above already. I would only add their was only one team playing football & they certainly weren't wearing green.

Stood on the far side for the match, beside a group of the Hib's players families. One wee lad decided he was pinching a match ball which had gone over the fence earlier.

At FT I told him to give it back, just as he was wrapping it in his dirty Hibs jacket. Claimed it was his & all the older blokes backed him up.

There a class act - teachin' there kids how to steal - typical hibbies !

i saw the wee lad come round with the ball and the hearts subs asked for it back and he told them it was his. surprised a hibs fan would want or own a ball with the hearts logo and colours on it

Fair summing up of the game above already. I would only add their was only one team playing football & they certainly weren't wearing green.

Stood on the far side for the match, beside a group of the Hib's players families. One wee lad decided he was pinching a match ball which had gone over the fence earlier.

At FT I told him to give it back, just as he was wrapping it in his dirty Hibs jacket. Claimed it was his & all the older blokes backed him up.

There a class act - teachin' there kids how to steal - typical hibbies !

how wrong you can be all are season ticket holders at HMFC and follow youth football aswell and as for the wee hibs boy it was not a hearts ball but his get your facts right before you call anybody a thief and worse a hibby :evilno:

FERRYABROAD
how wrong you can be all are season ticket holders at HMFC and follow youth football aswell and as for the wee hibs boy it was not a hearts ball but his get your facts right before you call anybody a thief and worse a hibby :evilno:

The facts were as follows -

1. The lad had a hearts ball - FACT !

2. He was wearing a Hibs jacket - surely therefore a hibby ???

3. At the end of the game, he took off the jacket & started wrapping it over the ball.

Why else would he do that ?

The facts were as follows -

1. The lad had a hearts ball - FACT !

2. He was wearing a Hibs jacket - surely therefore a hibby ???

3. At the end of the game, he took off the jacket & started wrapping it over the ball.

Why else would he do that ?

you wrote you were standing beside hibs players families wrong ewan grant no 4 for hearts dad was there .yes there was a ball in maroon and white with the hearts crest the one you buy out of the club shop bought by his mums partner a member of the willie bauld club and season ticket holder and a stalwart of save our hearts and we played with the ball right to the car park

and i take it your were the grumpy person who tried to take it of him and your were told by the group it was his ..and cornhill hearts was there aswell

Charlie-Brown

What impressed me most from last night's game was the high level of technique & ability most of the Hearts kids showed - I wasn't really paying too much attention to how the Hibs players played - I've seen the U19's play some really good stuff at times but it's been patchy & a lot of their games have been quite physical & competitive although a few of our players have still shown up well - but the U17's look a very good crop of players and I reckon quite a few of them could break through together not unlike when Johnston, Locke, Thomas, Ritchie, McManus etc all came through together.

ANDO WROTE "you wrote you were standing beside hibs players families wrong ewan grant no 4 for hearts dad was there .yes there was a ball in maroon and white with the hearts crest the one you buy out of the club shop bought by his mums partner a member of the willie bauld club and season ticket holder and a stalwart of save our hearts and we played with the ball right to the car park

and i take it your were the grumpy person who tried to take it of him and your were told by the group it was his ..and cornhill hearts was there aswell"

eh the ball had fifa badge on it , and the club only get those kind of balls

dont get they balls in the shop anyway and he was HIBBY ;)

jamboinglasgow
What impressed me most from last night's game was the high level of technique & ability most of the Hearts kids showed - I wasn't really paying too much attention to how the Hibs players played - I've seen the U19's play some really good stuff at times but it's been patchy & a lot of their games have been quite physical & competitive although a few of our players have still shown up well - but the U17's look a very good crop of players and I reckon quite a few of them could break through together not unlike when Johnston, Locke, Thomas, Ritchie, McManus etc all came through together.

It appears that each team in our youth system keeps being better than the previous, makes you wonder if the improvements done to the system of teaching players at a young age is working wonders.

As for a team coming through like the players you mention, I can hope so however having not seen the U17 team as a whole I couldn't common on them as a whole but having seen players like Thomson, Deland, Balatoni and Robinson play before I think there is defenatly an improved quality in the team. Wonder if the U17 team will go to the milk cup this year or will it be a hybrid U17/U19 team. THough there were thoughts that the 87/88 team which included Elliot, J THomson, Mole and Driver was a special team as they won the milk cup. Think we brought through some good players, some who have not made their early promise and others who have gone. But fingers crossed for the U17's

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's extremely rare for a quality crop of players to come through at once.

We should be aiming to get maybe one or two from every age group.

A lot of players can look world beaters at youth level and then be out of their depth at professional level.

Archived