Fun Day - Volunteers Required

JAMBO.LOU

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jambo.lou, are you going to need cover over peoples heads?

I work for a marquee company and can defo supply some quality erections depending on surface that they are going on, access etc. I am not familiar with gerrards yard but can easy drop in and take a look if it is something you think you could do with?

There's an offer you don't get every day!

Jambo.lou, are you going to need cover over peoples heads?

I work for a marquee company and can defo supply some quality erections depending on surface that they are going on, access etc. I am not familiar with gerrards yard but can easy drop in and take a look if it is something you think you could do with?

I am not very familiar with Gerrards yard myself - pretty sure it is uncovered though. I have been worried about having some of the events outdoors incase the weather is bad so your offer would be very gratefuly received. If you dont mind going over and having a look.

Send me a PM if you need any info on what will be in that area

CavySlaveJambo

As i said, it all depends on the surface and access!

Enough!

Hard surface. Think there is access from the road as well, after all the broadcasting trucks park up there.

just wanted to update :

I have spoken with Alan at hearts regarding the Community Pitch - unfortunatley we cant use it. He did however offer us the use of Gerrards yard at the back of the Wheatfield. He has also said we can use the Speedcage. I have spoken with Dany from the academy who has agreed to deal with the speedcage, but is not sure if the surface of the car park would be suitable for goals etc to go on.

Getting childrens entertainers has been a bit of a problem - most are either booked up or require payment. so again if anyone knows of any facepainters, balloon modellers etc please let me know.

Planetlollipop.co.uk have kindly agreed to provide us with some characters - Mickey & Minnie mouse, pepper pig etc, they said they will get as many as they can to come,

"Sergio Garcia" has also confirmed that his HUGE scotsman will be in attendance.

"CavySlaveJambo" has agreed to take care of the tuck shop and has received a few offers of help - anybody else wishing to donate homebaking please contact her. Also if you know of anywhere that may be interested in donating cans of juice, crisps, chocolates etc please let us know.

also - still looking for prizes for Raffle and Tombola - any donation much appreciated

Many thanks to everyone who has helped out so far and to those who have offered to help on the day - it is much appreciated

after another very succesful fundraiser at tynecastle tonight - i just wanted to bump this up.

I can give you a hearts badge cake for the raffle if you want it? Let me know by 20th so it can be ready.

i would appreciate this very much - thank you

CavySlaveJambo

I'm crap at most of the above, with the exception possibly of some baking. However, I'm happy to muck in as an extra pair of hands dependent on the date.

I could help out with some home baking & if volunteers still needed could help out on the day

Tried to PM you both in regards to the baking.

The Old Tolbooth

Put me down to help if you need extra hands mate, I'm not much good at anything listed (especially hair braiding :ninja: ), but if you can let me know dates and stuff then I can hopefully make myself free for it as long as it doesn't clash with anything the Dunfermline Hearts have planned for fund raising, every little helps as they say :thumbsup:

Put me down to help if you need extra hands mate, I'm not much good at anything listed (especially hair braiding :ninja: ), but if you can let me know dates and stuff then I can hopefully make myself free for it as long as it doesn't clash with anything the Dunfermline Hearts have planned for fund raising, every little helps as they say :thumbsup:

. It's on the 25th the usual place.... I'm on the tombola ..... Not literally tho. Selling them I mean.... Hope to see you there . Bring your Lovely wife and child....

I'm rarely on here these days...but I do know a couple of girls who do face painting. I'll drop them a message but I have a feeling they might be at a christmas fayre thing.

I'll let you know soon as I hear from them.

I am free to help out... no skills like balloon modelling but can help with face painting, or anything as required. Let me know what I can help with

#saveourhearts

Hi - Thanks to everyone who is offering to help - it is much appreciated and I will be in touch as soon as i know who we need for what etc.

CavySlaveJambo is doing an amazing job at organising the home baking/tuck shop side of things - however she is still in need of donations of juice, crisps, chocolate etc etc if you can help out with this in any way i know she would really appreciate it.

TamsBird has kindly agreed to take care of the Tombola - if you can donate a prize(s) for this please contact her.

still looking for raffle prizes also.

Plans for the day are starting to fit into place and i am hopeful that we will have a full program in place in the next couple of days. Thank you once again to eveyone for all their help with this.

Keep JM away from the home baking..! :blink:

UPDATE :

If anyone knows of somewhere that would loan us 12 x 1 tonne weights for the marquee please let me know

Have you got that weight correct ? I don't know how big the marquee is but 12 tonne to hold it down seems excessive.

Have you got that weight correct ? I don't know how big the marquee is but 12 tonne to hold it down seems excessive.

yeah i just double checked and thats the weight he asked for

yeah i just double checked and thats the weight he asked for

Your going to need a lorry with hiab abilities to transport something like that and/or a forklift with access to where the marquee is going. I know you have doubled checked but how big is this marquee ? 12 tonne seems a lot.

special agent oso

Linda, dunno if this will be any use to you for the raffle, but we have been doing a loft clear out and I came across the 7inch single from 1986 ( complete with poster, it's most likely worthless tho) it's urs along with the framed rememberance strip and signed football if you want it, I have no way to check if the record jumps tho as I have no record player.

Can you upload pics from iPhone to here?

Walter Payton

UPDATE :

If anyone knows of somewhere that would loan us 12 x 1 tonne weights for the marquee please let me know

Put me down to help if you need extra hands mate,

:curtain:

:D

Dazo,

Tent is 12m x20m. Need a tonne each leg. Might seem excessive but if the cooncil put their beaks in then that is what's needed h+s wise.

Dazo,

Tent is 12m x20m. Need a tonne each leg. Might seem excessive but if the cooncil put their beaks in then that is what's needed h+s wise.

Fair enough mate, been in a few marquees and never seen anything like that weight being used before. I don't put them up though so maybe to pissed to notice.

Best of luck getting what is needed.

Im working at a run day in a few weeks. Council knob says the toilets are too near the run by a few feet.... How the feck do you move a toilet block.. His boss told him to GTF.... Bloody jobs worth.....

I have just recieved some amazing prizes for the raffle donated by jkb user - "special agent oso"

framed hearts poppy shirt. signed football, hearts mirror, aerial photo of tynecastle

many many thanks for your donation much appreciated.

jkb user "from perth to paisley" has also collected some amazing prizes but i will let him post once they are confirmed.

I have just recieved some amazing prizes for the raffle donated by jkb user - "special agent oso"

framed hearts poppy shirt. signed football, hearts mirror, aerial photo of tynecastle

jkb user "from perth to paisley" has also collected some amazing prizes but i will let him post once they are confirmed.

Good work folks

Just want to point out to everyone that "jamboben" is also providing a great support in arranging the fun day.

and thanks to everyone else who has contacted me and helped out in anyway - it is very much appreciated

special agent oso

Linda,

Thank you very much for the 2 tickets for today's match, my wee boy is buzzing about going to the match (he is 5 and this will be his first time ever at a league match) he is sitting on the sofa with hearts top and scarf on asking if its time to go yet :) , you have made my day :) thank you so much

Excellent. Im going to collect raffle prize and some for the tombola.. I arranged to meet in the pub. !!!

Hope your boy has a fantastic time..

special agent oso

Excellent. Im going to collect raffle prize and some for the tombola.. I arranged to meet in the pub. !!!

Hope your boy has a fantastic time..

These tickets have got me out of the bad books lol I beat him at FIFA for the first time ever and he was in a huff with me :)

Linda,

Thank you very much for the 2 tickets for today's match, my wee boy is buzzing about going to the match (he is 5 and this will be his first time ever at a league match) he is sitting on the sofa with hearts top and scarf on asking if its time to go yet :) , you have made my day :) thank you so much

you are most welcome - they tickets came to me via "dagger is back" I hope your wee boy has a day to remember. Think it is going to be an amazing day to experience his first league match - tynecastle is going to be rocking!!!

These tickets have got me out of the bad books lol I beat him at FIFA for the first time ever and he was in a huff with me :)

They have to learn how to lose haha, I played my mates boys at it last week let the wee man beat me 1-5 and kept the score at that for him, what a guy lol

Hope the wee man enjoys the game, and has a good day.

Just want to point out to everyone that "jamboben" is also providing a great support in arranging the fun day.

and thanks to everyone else who has contacted me and helped out in anyway - it is very much appreciated

Thanks Linda will keep you and Tams Bird updated once the prizes start coming in going to nip round the places I asked last week start of next week Monday and Tuesday to start collecting the donations, Will nip into Keebab express after the match to collect their donation 10 voucher.

special agent oso

They have to learn how to lose haha, I played my mates boys at it last week let the wee man beat me 1-5 and kept the score at that for him, what a guy lol

Hope the wee man enjoys the game, and has a good day.

I have to admit my 2nd goal in my 2-0 victory was a peach :)

I have to admit my 2nd goal in my 2-0 victory was a peach :)

Dagger is back is trying to get a hold of you - can you please check your pm's

Thanks to The Gasman for LOTS of prizes for the tombola. Had to take them home before the game... Cheers Colin.

Thanks to The Gasman for LOTS of prizes for the tombola. Had to take them home before the game... Cheers Colin.

I may have to carry out an audit, just to make sure all the chocolates make it to the tombola....

:P

What else is still needed Linda ?

MOAR CHOCCIES! :laugh:

*Ahem* anyway, this is my opportunity to bring the question BTTT. Any more help needed?

Just noticed it mentioned in the programme.

JKB co-sponsored an ad for the Fun Day, along with the company who produce the programme.

I may have to carry out an audit, just to make sure all the chocolates make it to the tombola....

:P

A huge thank you Gasman - much appreciated.

and again a huge thanks to Tams bird for organising the Tombola. - i will be in touch later tonight as I will be collecting some prizes from the parents at my daughters dance school so i will let you know what i have.

MOAR CHOCCIES! :laugh:

*Ahem* anyway, this is my opportunity to bring the question BTTT. Any more help needed?

Thank you for arranging the advert in the match day programme - much appreciated.

Things still needed :

Tuck Shop donations - crisps, juice, chocolate, baking etc etc - "CavySlaveJambo" is dealing with this but I know there is still alot needed.

Raffle Prizes - we have a few fantastic prizes already but really need to get some more.

Tombola Prizes - "Tam's Bird" is dealing with this and doing a great job but as many prizes needed as possible.

Tea Urn - does anyone have access to one? Saltire will charge us ?20 to use theirs on the day - obviously we would prefer all money to go into Hearts.

Sand Weights - "Fudder74" has arranged for us to have a marquee so that the weather will not spoil outdoor activities but will require 12x 1 tonne weights to hold it in place.

I think thats about it at present - I will be working on the program/running order all day today and will hopefully have something put in place by the end of the day.

Archived