Fun Day - Volunteers Required

JAMBO.LOU

Sergio Garcia

I have been overwhelmed with the offers of help - thanks to you all.

does anyone on jkb know of anyone who does face painting, balloon modelling, puppeteers, bouncy castles - who may be willing to donate their services for the day??

I am checking with some of these as well JL, long shot at the minute due to Christmas markets in full season but fingers crossed I can twist a few arms.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original HH was in Tesco last night

Cant we sammy the stag to come so the kids can throw water balloons at him for rewriting the Hearts song for Mansfield Town

got some fantastic raffle prizes coming in - thank you very much everyone.

anyone who wishes to donate homebaking, crisps, filled rolls etc can you please send a PM to ClaySlaveJambo - he has very kindly agreed to take care of that side of things.

a big thank you to from perth to paisley too - he has been busy collecting raffle prizes and is doing a fantastic job

For a raffle prize get the guy who built a cake,an exact replica of Tynie. I would imagine you could get a few quid for that. Every little bit counts and it gets people feeling like they can help,which is important. HHGH

I've PM'd.

I'll also offer cakes & other kids stuff to the cause,

Have replied to your PM - thank you very much

sure i can help on a stall or something if you need me lou :)

Thanks Beverley - will keep in touch and let you know whats needed on the day

For a raffle prize get the guy who built a cake,an exact replica of Tynie. I would imagine you could get a few quid for that. Every little bit counts and it gets people feeling like they can help,which is important. HHGH

Mark has very kindly donated a voucher towards a cake as a raffle prize

I can help out as well. Is there a date yet or did I miss it ?

its on 25th November - 12-4.

Just let me know what you can help out with

Hi Jen,

I've sent a PM to CavySlaveJambo about baking. I'm happy to help out on the day with anything that doesn't need any particular skill!!

Thanks alex - i will add your name to list of volunteers and will be in touch soon once i know exactly what we have going on

CavySlaveJambo

"GrannyHuman" has added herself/Volunteered herself to the bakers for this event.

She doesn't even like Football.

still looking for :

childrens entertainers - clowns, magicians, face painters etc

someone to play santa - real one cant make it as he is a bit busy

people to do arts and craft activities with the kids - can be anything, got one person volunteered to do xmas decorations would really like some more

artists who could do caricatures

if you know anyone who does the above please put me in touch with them - finding it very difficult to get people due to sick kids christmas fair being the same day :(

also any beauty therapists etc out there willing to donate their time doing mini makeovers for girls?

I have a kids portugal top signed by Ronaldo and Deco and a kids hearts top (Allsports) signed by the squad at that time. I am willing to donate both to the raffle, however I fly out to Gillingham in the morning for a weeks work. Is there someone willing to take these from me today and hand them into the raffle, or somewhere I can drop these off today?

Cheers peeps, a great effort by all so far.

Jus want to get this back on top :-)

Wee question, are we all inside or is stuff happenin on the wee pitch?

Hi kendoll, can you send me a PM and let me know where you are and I will try arrange for these to be collected

If your needing help with anything for the big day get in touch and let me know, if not will just see you on the 25th.

I have been on the phone to Hearts this morning about the possibility of hosting a family fun day. They have given me the go ahead, just need to confirm dates and a few other details - health and safety etc - but at the moment its all looking good.

Hearts have agreed that the cup could be there for photo's for a period of time and I have spoke to a photographer who will donate her time and the prints.

I am going to be phoning round today looking for people to donate their services but thought i would come to kickback first. If you, or you know someone who could help please let me know.

P

I am looking for :

face painters

hair braiders

clowns

balloon modelling

arts and crafts people to set up tables making things

groups to put on short displays

home bakers

tombola prizes

raffle prizes

also open to ideas from anyone for things to be included in the day.

Was also thinking about having a Jambo Santa arriving - anyone want to be Santa for a day?

I am hoping to get players past and present to attend and maybe do autographs/photos.

I understand it may be hard for people to commit to anything without a date in place but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

I will help as a volunteer, just let me know what you want me to do

thank you - will add your name to the list of helpers and be in touch soon

Jus want to get this back on top :-)

Wee question, are we all inside or is stuff happenin on the wee pitch?

Still waiting to hear back about the community pitch - at present we only have the gorgie suite - but i have emailled Alan as was suggested earlier in the thread but I think it may be tomorrow before we hear back from him.

If your needing help with anything for the big day get in touch and let me know, if not will just see you on the 25th.

The main thing I am needing help with at the moment is trying to recruit childrens entertainers etc - I posted a list last night - if you know anyone or are free to call round some and see if they would be available that would be much appreciated. Sick Kids Xmas fair is same day so alot of people are booked up for that so its proving to be a real challenge. Let me know if you would like to help with this??

Happy to help out with anything, But don't know any children's entertainers etc, but will ask round and if I hear of any I will let you know.

But if there is raffles etc, and you are looking for somewhere to store things before the day let me know, as I stay opposite the Community pitch and would be more than happy for you to leave stuff at my House if needed.

I am sure my son would offer his help on the beat the keeper as he his a true jambo and plays for the academy

Excellent - will be in touch as soon as I hear back about community pitch

Happy to help out with anything, But don't know any children's entertainers etc, but will ask round and if I hear of any I will let you know.

But if there is raffles etc, and you are looking for somewhere to store things before the day let me know, as I stay opposite the Community pitch and would be more than happy for you to leave stuff at my House if needed.

Thank you - will be in touch soon

Destruction Derby

I can be a clown if needed, i have too kids of my own so i constantly act like a clown to keep them amused anyway.

still looking for :

childrens entertainers - clowns

thank you - will add your name to the list of helpers and be in touch soon

Still waiting to hear back about the community pitch - at present we only have the gorgie suite - but i have emailled Alan as was suggested earlier in the thread but I think it may be tomorrow before we hear back from him.

The main thing I am needing help with at the moment is trying to recruit childrens entertainers etc - I posted a list last night - if you know anyone or are free to call round some and see if they would be available that would be much appreciated. Sick Kids Xmas fair is same day so alot of people are booked up for that so its proving to be a real challenge. Let me know if you would like to help with this??

I have now had confirmation that my two fellow performers are up for helping out on the day. The 'Next Goal's The Winner' show is for kids and is normally one hour long. We could run it twice over the four hours if needed. However, if we do this it would mean we would need an area screened off or a separate room so that any of the site gags etc are new for the second audience. Hope this makes sense.

My wife will just provide a Flamenco dance class voucher for the raffle.

Jambo.Lou As you can see I'm not what you'd call a regular poster. So i've only just noticed this thread. If its of any use - a girl who works for me part time also has her own beauty therapy business. She's does loads of events of this nature - make up stuff (adults & kids), face painting, kids parties and the like..

No promises as i haven't approached her but if she is available and you are still looking for this sort of stuff, i'm happy to try see what can be done.

Hi kendoll, can you send me a PM and let me know where you are and I will try arrange for these to be collected

Hi Jambo Lou,

I actually handed these in to the Club Shop yesterday for the raffle on Tuesday. I've spoken with Ulysses on here and will be donating another signed top when I get back next weekend for a future raffle then. Cheers for the offer though.

I have now had confirmation that my two fellow performers are up for helping out on the day. The 'Next Goal's The Winner' show is for kids and is normally one hour long. We could run it twice over the four hours if needed. However, if we do this it would mean we would need an area screened off or a separate room so that any of the site gags etc are new for the second audience. Hope this makes sense.

My wife will just provide a Flamenco dance class voucher for the raffle.

That is great news - i will see what we can do in terms of getting a seperate area for you to use for the show.

Thank you very much to your wife too - much appreciated.

• Sent a PM to CavySlaveJambo. Any ideas of numbers you expect for the day as that will help with my cooking plans?

No idea sorry - we are not doing tickets etc so impossoble to predict at the moment - Cavy may be able to assist you better with any idea of what is needed as she knows how many people we will have helping out with that side of things.

Jambo.Lou As you can see I'm not what you'd call a regular poster. So i've only just noticed this thread. If its of any use - a girl who works for me part time also has her own beauty therapy business. She's does loads of events of this nature - make up stuff (adults & kids), face painting, kids parties and the like..

No promises as i haven't approached her but if she is available and you are still looking for this sort of stuff, i'm happy to try see what can be done.

This would be excellent - thank you very much.

Hi Jambo Lou,

I actually handed these in to the Club Shop yesterday for the raffle on Tuesday. I've spoken with Ulysses on here and will be donating another signed top when I get back next weekend for a future raffle then. Cheers for the offer though.

No problem - all money going to the same place - thanks anyway

Hi jambo.lou no problem happy to try and help. I'll have a word with the girl this afternoon. Can i just confirm the fun day is Sunday 25th November 12pm-4pm. I'll PM you seperately.

Hi,

I can do home baking. Just let me know dates etc, when it's all confirmed.

I could help out with some home baking & if volunteers still needed could help out on the day

Thanks very much - can I ask you to please send a PM to ClaySlaveJambo - she is taking care of that side of thing.

I'm happy to help out on the day if you need anymore volunteers

Thank you very much - will get in touch nearer the day. I am sure we will be needing ALOT of helpers.

just wanted to update :

I have spoken with Alan at hearts regarding the Community Pitch - unfortunatley we cant use it. He did however offer us the use of Gerrards yard at the back of the Wheatfield. He has also said we can use the Speedcage. I have spoken with Dany from the academy who has agreed to deal with the speedcage, but is not sure if the surface of the car park would be suitable for goals etc to go on.

Getting childrens entertainers has been a bit of a problem - most are either booked up or require payment. so again if anyone knows of any facepainters, balloon modellers etc please let me know.

Planetlollipop.co.uk have kindly agreed to provide us with some characters - Mickey & Minnie mouse, pepper pig etc, they said they will get as many as they can to come,

"Sergio Garcia" has also confirmed that his HUGE scotsman will be in attendance.

"CavySlaveJambo" has agreed to take care of the tuck shop and has received a few offers of help - anybody else wishing to donate homebaking please contact her. Also if you know of anywhere that may be interested in donating cans of juice, crisps, chocolates etc please let us know.

also - still looking for prizes for Raffle and Tombola - any donation much appreciated

Many thanks to everyone who has helped out so far and to those who have offered to help on the day - it is much appreciated

I will help on the day and donate tombola and raffle prizes. DONT want to see the clowns tho..

Thanks very much - we will try our best to shield you from any clowns - although at present we dont have any so you may be fine, lol

Thanks everyone - all suggestions are great and much appreciated

we have a confirmed date for the event - Sunday 25th November.

If anyone is free to help out making phonecalls to try arrange some of the above suggestions - I would be very grateful but please let me know what you would be working towards. Last thing we need is 100 clowns turning up, lol

all help and suggestions are gratefully received

the 100 clowns find out they're not allowed to go :D

WV30-Celtic-v-Hibs.jpg

the 100 clowns find out they're not allowed to go :D

WV30-Celtic-v-Hibs.jpg

To be fe fair I was grateful to them for volunteering

see the confused look on their faces - this was when i thanked them for staying behind after the game - I didnt realise it was half time and this was the entire crowd!!!!

nice bunch too - all one family!! told them thanks but no thanks, we are depserate but not that bloody desperate!!!

just wanted to update :

I have spoken with Alan at hearts regarding the Community Pitch - unfortunatley we cant use it. He did however offer us the use of Gerrards yard at the back of the Wheatfield. He has also said we can use the Speedcage. I have spoken with Dany from the academy who has agreed to deal with the speedcage, but is not sure if the surface of the car park would be suitable for goals etc to go on.

Getting childrens entertainers has been a bit of a problem - most are either booked up or require payment. so again if anyone knows of any facepainters, balloon modellers etc please let me know.

Planetlollipop.co.uk have kindly agreed to provide us with some characters - Mickey & Minnie mouse, pepper pig etc, they said they will get as many as they can to come,

"Sergio Garcia" has also confirmed that his HUGE scotsman will be in attendance.

"CavySlaveJambo" has agreed to take care of the tuck shop and has received a few offers of help - anybody else wishing to donate homebaking please contact her. Also if you know of anywhere that may be interested in donating cans of juice, crisps, chocolates etc please let us know.

also - still looking for prizes for Raffle and Tombola - any donation much appreciated

Many thanks to everyone who has helped out so far and to those who have offered to help on the day - it is much appreciated

Jambo.lou, are you going to need cover over peoples heads?

I work for a marquee company and can defo supply some quality erections depending on surface that they are going on, access etc. I am not familiar with gerrards yard but can easy drop in and take a look if it is something you think you could do with?

I can do some fortune reading.

I predict administration and D1 football next year

I predicted a 5-1 humping in the big cup final

Archived