Wales v Scotland World Cup qualifying

Jezza

yet again shaun youv used 1000 words when 500 would do :) paulo for scotland?? have a word with yourself.

Er, why?

Experience of managing and enjoying significant success in the Scottish game? CHECK

Tactically adept, and capable of making mincemeat of rival managers when the occasion demands it? CHECK

A very different concept of playing to the tired, failed Scottish way; a method which delivered him success in Scotland? CHECK

An effective communicator, for whom the media will come as no culture shock whatsoever having already experienced their worst excesses? CHECK

Affordable for the SFA? CHECK

You want Scotland playing composed, intelligent, cerebral football under someone who already knows the players and won't break the bank? Here's your man.

Seriously - why not?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

It wasn't a penalty

It was a goal

We were robbed by bale, a hybrid between a racehorse and an ape... He does have ape like features doesn't he!

But none of that changes the fact that we are shit, and despite defending him for a long time now has to go

The People's Chimp

However you want to paint it, the fact remains that Scotland were cheated by two absolutely stinking decisions. The referee will be cringing this morning, and rightfully so, and the well known cheat/diver Bale should be on the end of a ban.

Disgusted this morning.

However you want to paint it, the fact remains that Scotland were cheated by two absolutely stinking decisions. The referee will be cringing this morning, and rightfully so, and the well known cheat/diver Bale should be on the end of a ban.

Disgusted this morning.

daily ****** this morning states shaun mcfonney says it was a penalty, :rolleyes:

I actually think there was slight contact for the penalty. Maloney never tried to tackle him but the way Bale ran so close to him meant there was always a chance of him getting caught, which he did sadly.

My problems are with the disallowed goal and Bale running unopposed from the halfway line to the edge of the box.

Shaun MaPhoney would know all about going down easily...the cheating wee ****face.

And did anybody else think the Wales strip looked a wee bit like one of the Melchester Rovers incarnations?

That was one of the most idiotic refereeing/linesman games i have ever watched pure fecking bonkers,woot.gif why was Fletcher"s goal disallowed.blink.gif

Not one of the refs better games I'd imagine yet this was the same man who refereed our game against Liverpool at Tynie'

Thought he had a great game that night.

I actually think there was slight contact for the penalty. Maloney never tried to tackle him but the way Bale ran so close to him meant there was always a chance of him getting caught, which he did sadly.

My problems are with the disallowed goal and Bale running unopposed from the halfway line to the edge of the box.

This.

Many may disagree but Ithink there was enough contact,very slight as it was,to put Bale down.

Sometimes you get lucky,sometimes it goes against you.It was an unlucky night but the simple fact is we are still a bit away from qualifying for a major tourny.

To depress everyone even further....did anyone see the German away World Cup Qualifying stats that were shown last night?

They've NEVER lost a game since 1934.Incredible record.Something like 78 games or something.

From BBC match report...

Steven Fletcher thought he had doubled Scotland's advantage but an eagle-eyed referee's assistant ruled the ball had just gone out before the striker bundled home.

eagle eyed? more like blind

Rudolf's Mate

From BBC match report...

Steven Fletcher thought he had doubled Scotland's advantage but an eagle-eyed referee's assistant ruled the ball had just gone out before the striker bundled home.

eagle eyed? more like blind

I'd come on to post the same quote. These people get worse by the day! Bad enough they seem to back up the assistant however bundling it home suggests it was a messy goal!

I'd come on to post the same quote. These people get worse by the day! Bad enough they seem to back up the assistant however bundling it home suggests it was a messy goal!

Ball over the line by miles excepted, it's the worst decision I've ever seen - and that is, without doubt, saying something!

The slow-worm eyed linesman was at least 3 yards from the corner flag and, there is no way he could, or should, have made that judgement.

CL is probably a gonner now and, maybe we need th change now - but, I really feel sorry for that man.

PS Charlie Adams is a fat, lazy waste of space. I'm 65, severe back pain causing difficulty walking, and I would have done a better job at their win.

Did the impostor think he was playing 5 asides, because that's what it looked like?

In terms of the penalty the replays shown on Sky demonstrate there was no trip. Difficult to tell if Maloney and Bale had some very slight body contact before he went down, but it didn't appear so. Bale actually kicked himself on the back of the leg as he was running into the box and it was this that caused him to fall over, and I think it was only the close proximity of Maloney that prompted the referee to interpret it as a clip by the defensive player.

"Bale actually kicked himself (DELIBERATELY) on the back of the leg as he was running into the box ."

That, and sticking your leg into the defenders, a la Thomson, Defunct FC v Celtic a few years back, are two of the most common ways of cheating in the box these days.

Must have learned al that from all these pesky foreigners Hearts have had!

Geoff Kilpatrick

"Bale actually kicked himself (DELIBERATELY) on the back of the leg as he was running into the box ."

That, and sticking your leg into the defenders, a la Thomson, Defunct FC v Celtic a few years back, are two of the most common ways of cheating in the box these days.

Must have learned al that from all these pesky foreigners Hearts have had!

Except Maloney said he made contact with him.

What gets me about these incidents, is did the ref see Maloney make an attempt to tackle? To me, it looked accidental just like the pen ICT got against us.

The ref surely must see if there was an attempt to play the ball or tackle or it was simply an accidental clash of legs, foot etc.....being penalised when you actually haven`t made a conscious attempt to challenge is harsh.

kingantti1874

Except Maloney said he made contact with him.

I've watched it a hundred times and no way I see any contact, certain not between feet/legs ... No way is it a pen, bale did deliberately kick his own leg.. If there was contact it was minuscule and no way justifies what that cheating rat did ... And the goal being chopped off for ball out is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen...

That on no way takes away from fact we were rubbish... Adam is a fat prick

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've watched it a hundred times and no way I see any contact, certain not between feet/legs ... No way is it a pen, bale did deliberately kick his own leg.. If there was contact it was minuscule and no way justifies what that cheating rat did ... And the goal being chopped off for ball out is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen...

That on no way takes away from fact we were rubbish... Adam is a fat prick

I've personally not seen it, and have no interest in doing so. I am only relaying what Maloney said.

I look forward to the calls for a retrospective 2 match ban a la Miko. :rolleyes:

kingantti1874

I've personally not seen it, and have no interest in doing so. I am only relaying what Maloney said.

I look forward to the calls for a retrospective 2 match ban a la Miko. :rolleyes:

Me too mate...

It's cheating plain and simple. All this, "If there's contact then you have the right to go down" pesh does my head in. You stay on your feet unless you can't. Until cheats are punished for it it's going to continue. And I'm a Welshman. This sort of thing is costing teams big time and it has to stop or football is gonna be a non contact sport. TV evidence is the way forward IMO. Ref looks at that one, no pen, the earlier one deffo was, the disallowed goal stands and it's a draw or Bale gets sent off for diving and Scotland win. Either way the result is a fair one.

Rudolf's Mate

In my opinion Maloney runs across Bale, clips his leg and this knocks Bale's legs together. Clear penalty. Rugby players perfect this sort of tackle - tap tackle. Looks preposterous that someone goes down after tap tackles but it is how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxglf0l9Sao

I think Malloney's thigh makes the slightest of contact which causes Bale's foot to clip his leg. It's a penalty however the only thing I disagree with is you comment the SM runs accross Bale. If you watch it Bale's movement is to cut away from goal across the front of Malloney making it extremely hard for SM to get out of the way. Personally I think it's extremely clever of Bale and is pretty much forcing the penalty. Not cheating, just clever.

Coco & RM ... you're spot on. The tap-tackle in rugby was more a last ditch attempt to get the guy and all it usually needed was the fingers to catch one of the feet every so slightly and, wipeout.

Seen it plenty of times in football too; been on receiving end and been guilty too. Bale obviously knows how it works and he uses his speed to take advantage of a 'known' in the game. Kudos to Maloney for speaking up, he knows he's been had and would probably hope that he been the one to go down the defender would likewise have thrown up his hands, 'It was me m'lord'.

Glamorgan Jambo

I was at the game last night and sad to say, as Levein was probably the player I enjoyed watching the most in an HMFC jersey, his time as Scotland manager is unfortunately up. Scotland had a decent first half but, refereeing mistakes aside, did next to nothing until way too late in the second half. Trying to hang on to a one goal lead for 45 minutes against a side with a couple of very potent attacking threats was plain and simple suicide. Commons and Maloney did okay in the first half but faded badly in the second. Especially Commons who is blatantly not fit enough for football at the highest level. We had the players available to get the result but the tactical approach cost us the points.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I was at the game last night and sad to say, as Levein was probably the player I enjoyed watching the most in an HMFC jersey, his time as Scotland manager is unfortunately up. Scotland had a decent first half but, refereeing mistakes aside, did next to nothing until way too late in the second half. Trying to hang on to a one goal lead for 45 minutes against a side with a couple of very potent attacking threats was plain and simple suicide. Commons and Maloney did okay in the first half but faded badly in the second. Especially Commons who is blatantly not fit enough for football at the highest level. We had the players available to get the result but the tactical approach cost us the points.

Unfortunately I agree. Add in the whole Steven Fletcher thing (and parachuting Commons in also looks suspiciously like bowing to media pressure).

We need to go foreign again. Berti Vogts was hounded out by the Scottish media but he got us closer to a tournament Finals than anyone since France 98, and he had arguably an even worse pool of players than Levein to choose from. Anyone remember Paul Devlin?

Levein is doing things the right way according to him.

2 scraped wins over Lichtenstein and a scraped win over Lithuania. In 2 qualifying campaigns - what other international manager gets to fail twice? He has no class or he would have resigned already. Time for Regan to fire Levein.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/my-way-of-doing-things-is-right-says-craig-levein-1-2574005

Levein is doing things the right way according to him.

2 scraped wins over Lichtenstein and a scraped win over Lithuania. In 2 qualifying campaigns - what other international manager gets to fail twice? He has no class or he would have resigned already. Time for Regan to fire Levein.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/my-way-of-doing-things-is-right-says-craig-levein-1-2574005

Looks like Regans jacket is on a shoogly peg aswell. It's Ogilvie who will have to call him in.

For clarity I'd sack all three mentioned. We all know why.

Archived