Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

If this topic had a floor it would be a sticky mess tomorrow, you guys are throbbing...

IMG_20240425_201836.jpg

And? The most regressive govt we have had is imploding. 
it has encouraged family breakdowns and destruction of female and gay rights .

Introduced kids to sexual ideology and wrecked their education. 
lashed people to benefit and removed their agency

i will dance while this witch burns 

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

If this topic had a floor it would be a sticky mess tomorrow, you guys are throbbing...

IMG_20240425_201836.jpg

Do some of them work? 🤣. Not seen any of it but funny seeing folk being all contorted!

Jambo_Gaz
48 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We know he’s a tosser.

He can however tell what a woman is, which kind of implies he is at least tenuously attached to reality .

more than I can say about many

Spot on

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dry your tears ! You backed the wrong horse 🐎 😂

I, unlike you don't wax and wane in my politics...now away and chase some.of your homies...🤪

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Away and shite you drama queen.

Greens/SNP alliance? Boooo!

SNP ditch Greens, Wankspurting at the death of SNP.

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Some of the posts are deranged tonight but the one you quoted from the pretend doctor is the worst by a mile(I'm sure there are others that could match him but they haven't been quoted so I can't laugh at them)

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Some of the posts are deranged tonight but the one you quoted from the pretend doctor is the worst by a mile(I'm sure there are others that could match him but they haven't been quoted so I can't laugh at them)

The thread is unreadable and way off topic regularly now, it's like the seagulls in Finding Nemo once the usual suspects get started...

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You seem to be willing to defend the Scottish Greens. Am I right ? 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

One can readily picture him seething at all those 150K that haven't contributed to the state. Disabled layabouts, presumably? What about all the kids who expect food, education and health care without contributing a penny to the system? Folk in comas? Scrounging students? Housewives? Refugees? 

The list is endless and presumably all of them will be first against the wall when the glorious conservative revolution comes and Dr Jambo can enforce his regressive utopia. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

No.

:)

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No.

Pleased to hear it .

steve123

Just imagine Sturgeon is charged in the next few days.....

I assume she would need to resign then the numbers get even worse.

Lord Montpelier
10 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Sturgeon not being able to vote resulting in the downfall of Yousaf and the snp would finish a few nationalists off on here I suspect. 

steve123

The Conservative Mp Murdo Fraser is on twitter saying he is resigning tomorrow.

A bit of a weird thing to make up if not true.

20 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Would you vote for a Scottish "Conservative and National" political party?

Sorry.

Yes I would 

You imo are right about the psyche of Scotland.I totally get your opinion on that and even some that most would regard as left actually hold conservative values.

I think that of the Irish South too.

Conservative has become a bad word.

And not without merit because I think the conservatism that is represented on a UK level is anything but.

Imo the worst hypocrisy is from the centre right of Scottish opinion.

Bash the SNP at all costs without realising up until the last wee while they've ran a pretty frugal budget.

Underspend I think I'm right in some questionable fields if you are left of centre.

I dunno maybe they'd end up dicks inaw.

However I'd like our individuality to be properly represented.

That's as conservative as f.

Those who claim they are but oppose independence are unionists first and foremost.

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sturgeon not being able to vote resulting in the downfall of Yousaf and the snp would finish a few nationalists off on here I suspect. 

Why?

21 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No.

41 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Right prescribe yourself a valour ffs.

You typed that in a rage .

Lashing yourself to a benefit trap .

We chose that as a nation.

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Why?

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

How long will it take Humza to play the race card?

It's the only card he has but unfortunately, he's played it so many times it's lost the power it held.

In reality, Humza is the patsy for Sturgeon and Murrell's corrupt misrule of Scotland. He should have seen it coming when she resigned but as with politicians, they all believe they are untouchable.

Greens may have delivered final touches but the first knife was delivered by Nicola.

Australis

When Ash Regan defected to Alba.

Humza described her leaving as................no great loss 😃

Roll on Wednesday, it will be very interesting.

Ulysses
11 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sorry.

Yes I would 

You imo are right about the psyche of Scotland.I totally get your opinion on that and even some that most would regard as left actually hold conservative values.

I think that of the Irish South too.

Conservative has become a bad word.

And not without merit because I think the conservatism that is represented on a UK level is anything but.

Imo the worst hypocrisy is from the centre right of Scottish opinion.

Bash the SNP at all costs without realising up until the last wee while they've ran a pretty frugal budget.

Underspend I think I'm right in some questionable fields if you are left of centre.

I dunno maybe they'd end up dicks inaw.

However I'd like our individuality to be properly represented.

That's as conservative as f.

Those who claim they are but oppose independence are unionists first and foremost.

Cheers.  You can't be alone in that, and I think the idea of Scottish independence or Scottish nationalism would be stronger for having a dimension to it that appealed to conservative Scots.

I'd say Ireland is economically "centre-right", while in recent years it has become increasingly socially liberal.  Basically, we want low taxes and gay marriage for all. :ninja:

I also think the conservatism in the UK has stopped being conservative and has headed off in the direction of the radical right.  Conservatism in and of itself is a perfectly valid political standpoint, and there are plenty of conservative parties in Europe who practise it well.  To sum it up, I think the Conservative Party today is going through the same kind of nuttiness and political aggro that kept the Labour Party in Opposition for the 1980s; it's almost like a mirror image.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Oooooooo you tell him mate ! They should be ashamed they even had the time of day for this trash , but they aren’t . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Do some of them work? 🤣. Not seen any of it but funny seeing folk being all contorted!

Ohhh that’s not nice . Slagging the unemployed !! That’s not very SNP 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh I can literally taste your salty tears 😭 struggling 😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The thread is unreadable and way off topic regularly now, it's like the seagulls in Finding Nemo once the usual suspects get started...

Thought u were leaving this thread ? You said so yesterday ! 😂

AyrJambo
2 hours ago, Australis said:

Reading on Facebook that the comments on the National newspaper the separatists are saying Harvie is a ...........Yoon.

With his latest decisions fecking the nationalists up, its more like yousless is the Yoon.

Harvie is an opportunist - he espoused independence to get close to power with the SNP and he will ditch it if he think he can get close to power with unionists

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

:spoton:

Do you fancy wee Mekon heid Forbesey for the top job?

She was my preferred candidate last time out.

That should be on her campaign literature IMO

Out of the three last time round I preferred Ash Regan

This time I hope Joanna Cherry is in the running

The SNP need someone in charge who understands constitutional law

39 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Again conflating the SNP with nationalism

12 minutes ago, Australis said:

When Ash Regan defected to Alba.

Humza described her leaving as................no great loss 😃

Roll on Wednesday, it will be very interesting.

It will indeed

I imagine many of the current placemen/women holding ministerial posts in SG will have sleepless nights between now and then

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Defend them . He’s having an orgasm about them . It’s not pretty 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

One can readily picture him seething at all those 150K that haven't contributed to the state. Disabled layabouts, presumably? What about all the kids who expect food, education and health care without contributing a penny to the system? Folk in comas? Scrounging students? Housewives? Refugees? 

The list is endless and presumably all of them will be first against the wall when the glorious conservative revolution comes and Dr Jambo can enforce his regressive utopia. 

Ouchhhh and another it’s a veritable tsunami of salty tears !!  Jesus what’s it gonna be like when you lose an Indy vote ..  call the medics !!! 😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Oh my god don’t say that . A few on here will literally End themselves . There’s only so much a Indy supporter can take 😎

Lord Montpelier

Rumours that Yousaf might cut his losses and resign tomorrow ? 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's the only card he has but unfortunately, he's played it so many times it's lost the power it held.

In reality, Humza is the patsy for Sturgeon and Murrell's corrupt misrule of Scotland. He should have seen it coming when she resigned but as with politicians, they all believe they are untouchable.

Greens may have delivered final touches but the first knife was delivered by Nicola.

Yes both of them will be pleased about the current situation . Took the limelight away from their alleged criminal activities . He’s been a useful idiot . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I can’t take it anymore ! 

IMG_8848.gif

IMG_8667.gif

IMG_8653.gif

14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Cheers.  You can't be alone in that, and I think the idea of Scottish independence or Scottish nationalism would be stronger for having a dimension to it that appealed to conservative Scots.

I'd say Ireland is economically "centre-right", while in recent years it has become increasingly socially liberal.  Basically, we want low taxes and gay marriage for all. :ninja:

I also think the conservatism in the UK has stopped being conservative and has headed off in the direction of the radical right.  Conservatism in and of itself is a perfectly valid political standpoint, and there are plenty of conservative parties in Europe who practise it well.  To sum it up, I think the Conservative Party today is going through the same kind of nuttiness and political aggro that kept the Labour Party in Opposition for the 1980s; it's almost like a mirror 

Fascist v Militant .

Tempting to say pesky Russians.

But the current mob drop their knickers to anyone.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

.  To sum it up, I think the Conservative Party today is going through the same kind of nuttiness and political aggro that kept the Labour Party in Opposition for the 1980s; it's almost like a mirror image.

Yep, I agree.    How these lurches to the right or left come about is quite curious.    It's as if there's a time lag  response to  what opinion polls or actual elections showed a few years previously..   

For example, the current Tory party's drive to the right seems to be a response to Corbyn's left-wing lurch of Labour in the 2010s, even though it didn't result in a serious challenge to Cameron n the polls.     Personalities play a part too - as does the  legacy of the EU referendum which created lasting battle lines within the Tory party.

fwiw, I think Neil Kinnock fell in to a similar "trap" in the 1980s as Corbyn subsequently did by over-playing the firebrand far-left challenger to Thatcher - he wasn't actually far-leftl, it just sounded like he was.

milky_26
15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Australis

Hoping Fergus Ewing is as much against yousless as we hope Ash Regan will be.

And maybe some other SNP MSPs 

Who have had enough of the stupid policies and promises followed by the constant lies.

Imagine a man telling women that they should allow men pretending to be women into females spaces and not give them a vote or say on the matter.

Australis
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

But he backed the Greens two days ago.

No wonder the Greens were shocked today.

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Out of the three last time round I preferred Ash Regan

Aside from the fact that she's a ginger ( :wub: ) and MILF-tastic, I liked some of what she had to say, but felt that wee Mekon heid came across as the more confident and shrewd operator.

28 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

This time I hope Joanna Cherry is in the running

Agreed.

I'm in no way a dyed-in-the-wool nationalist, but think that it is essential to have a strong and competent (and competently led) national party, in the same way that we need a strong and competent environmentalist party (unlike the current batshit incarnation of the Scottish Greens). 

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Aside from the fact that she's a ginger ( :wub: ) and MILF-tastic, I liked some of what she had to say, but felt that wee Mekon heid came across as the more confident and shrewd operator.

Agreed.

I'm in no way a dyed-in-the-wool nationalist, but think that it is essential to have have a strong and competent (and competently led) national party, in the same way that we need a strong and competent environmentalist party (unlike the current batshit incarnation of the Scottish Greens). 

I’ve been championing both women esp Cherry 🍒

redjambo
46 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

What, like gay marriage even for the non-gays? That might be a bridge too far for me.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, redjambo said:

What, like gay marriage even for the non-gays? That might be a bridge too far for me.

You're not a man 'till you've had a man, red'.

redjambo

I am extremely happy that the SNP have split with the Greens. They shouldn't have got into bed with them in the first place, but sunk costs and all that. As for the Greens, they should perhaps do some internal reflection and get back to their environmental roots and give up with all this social warrior, and particular gender, silliness.