Youth Policy

naeclue

I wonder if we are starting to see some fruition of our youth policy?

While neither has been exactly perfect, both Driver and Jonsson have shown good form this year. I think there is a good chance they will continue to improve, and I'd expect both to start most games next year.

Bit too early to speak of Gary Glen and Jason Thomson, but I'm at least a little encouraged that they are ready for the step up.

Not sure who is next in line? Maybe Jame McDonald? Not sure what the lad has to do to get a game to be honest.

Clerry Jambo

Yip, this is also the ideal time to blood some of them, in end of season meaningless games.

Get them involved in pre-season training and friendlies and take it from there.

But and its a big but - Frail or Vlad will have to get rid of the deadwood to make room for these guys - summertime will tell.

Ray Winstone
Yip, this is also the ideal time to blood some of them, in end of season meaningless games.

Get them involved in pre-season training and friendlies and take it from there.

But and its a big but - Frail or Vlad will have to get rid of the deadwood to make room for these guys - summertime will tell.

It was perhaps Blobby Williamson's only legacy at Hibs.

They were in the bottom 6 and he decided to blood youngsters in the remaining fixtures.

Riordan, Brown, Whittaker, Thomson, Fletcher all emerged.

kennygarland1
I wonder if we are starting to see some fruition of our youth policy?

While neither has been exactly perfect, both Driver and Jonsson have shown good form this year. I think there is a good chance they will continue to improve, and I'd expect both to start most games next year.

Bit too early to speak of Gary Glen and Jason Thomson, but I'm at least a little encouraged that they are ready for the step up.

Not sure who is next in line? Maybe Jame McDonald? Not sure what the lad has to do to get a game to be honest.

A've nae clue but here's hoping,our best chance of long term success is a mixture of youth,experience and a manager who can get the best from both.

Clerry Jambo
It was perhaps Blobby Williamson's only legacy at Hibs.

They were in the bottom 6 and he decided to blood youngsters in the remaining fixtures.

Riordan, Brown, Whittaker, Thomson, Fletcher all emerged.

Lets hope we can get a couple of that quality - to be fair they have turned into top players who we would take in a Nano

Ray Winstone
Lets hope we can get a couple of that quality - to be fair they have turned into top players who we would take in a Nano

Definitely - Hopefully with the promise the Jonnson has shown this season he will be a better player than Thomson.

Charlie-Brown

I am confident there will be a steady stream of young players already on Hearts books who will break through to first team level over the coming 2-3 years - how well they develop after that will be down to the chances they get & how they grasp it - but there's definitely some decent prospects in the ranks.

Driver, Berra, Wallace, Elliot and Jonsson have all gone on to cement their place in the first team/squad. Hopefully Elliot will be sent on his way but I would very much keep the other 4 and possibly build the team around.

The one thing we have missed is a striker who will put the ball in the net or will drop off and make things happen. Weir, Elliot and Mole have all came. All been hyped and all failed.

Hopefully now Glen will be the one.

So next season I would like to see Glen be more invloved along with Jonathan Brown and Ryan McGowan.

Any other coming in regularly would be a bonus.

No Nonsense
Driver, Berra, Wallace, Elliot and Jonsson have all gone on to cement their place in the first team/squad. Hopefully Elliot will be sent on his way but I would very much keep the other 4 and possibly build the team around.

The one thing we have missed is a striker who will put the ball in the net or will drop off and make things happen. Weir, Elliot and Mole have all came. All been hyped and all failed.

Hopefully now Glen will be the one.

So next season I would like to see Glen be more invloved along with Jonathan Brown and Ryan McGowan.

Any other coming in regularly would be a bonus.

Too true. We been gagging on a decent striker coming through our youth system for years now. Here's hoping!

ScottishSandstorm

The thing that bugs me is that we if we had Gray and Galbraith our list would be a lot more impressive. An extra RB and LM would be nice right now.

Hopefully next year we will see Glen, McGowan, and Mole becoming quality first team members.

Maybe Brown, Devine, Visconte, Mackle, Kelly, Rapnik, Husband, and Branny can makes strides next year.

I had hoped Branny and Visconte would break through this year. Branny's struggles are well documented but what happened to Visconte? I know he got injured but he has been nowhere near even playing consistently for the reserves. Does anyone know when he is going to get healthy?

The thing that bugs me is that we if we had Gray and Galbraith our list would be a lot more impressive. An extra RB and LM would be nice right now.

Hopefully next year we will see Glen, McGowan, and Mole becoming quality first team members.

Maybe Brown, Devine, Visconte, Mackle, Kelly, Rapnik, Husband, and Branny can makes strides next year.

I had hoped Branny and Visconte would break through this year. Branny's struggles are well documented but what happened to Visconte? I know he got injured but he has been nowhere near even playing consistently for the reserves. Does anyone know when he is going to get healthy?

Mixture of niggling injuries and being played in a number of different positions.

Archived