• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• scottish_chicP

• Tommy Wiseau

• Floyd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 problems to this. First (Rather sadly) I can't swallow tablets or capsules. I have to chew paracetamol.

Problem number 2. No danger I could get up during the night and take anything :(

Good research though :thumbsup:

You can teach yourself - I've got the same problem but had to take twice daily tablets for 2 or 3 years and got used to it after a while.

Lost the talent though & it still takes me a few attempts to swallow pills etc.

Never heard of a charcoal tablet but'll give them a go. My hangovers can be debilitatingly brutal.

2 problems to this. First (Rather sadly) I can't swallow tablets or capsules. I have to chew paracetamol.

Problem number 2. No danger I could get up during the night and take anything :(

Good research though :thumbsup:

You can take the paracetamol with the capsules instead. Or not, in your case.

Funnily enough I have more issues swallowing tablets than capsules. They get stuck at back of throat and end up doing this daft coughing, gagging, jumping on spot thing. All very undignified.

Just went down the ferry last night to see folk that I used to go to theatre group with when I was at school. Had a glass of wine (SEVEN QUID?!), a cocktail and a couple of vodkas. Wasn't even drunk and I have woken up feeling horrendous :(

Just went down the ferry last night to see folk that I used to go to theatre group with when I was at school. Had a glass of wine (SEVEN QUID?!), a cocktail and a couple of vodkas. Wasn't even drunk and I have woken up feeling horrendous :(

So would I if I had paid ?7 for a glass of wine :wow:

Prince Buaben

Seven Quid!!!!!

In Queensferry as well ffs. Antico is a nice bar but they charge more than town prices. Nobody would move to the old mens pubs, which tbh is probably a good thing because I would have ended up hammered.

Edited by Shapes

Working at 8 tomorrow so nothing for me tonight. Hangover has mostly disappeared. Had a chilled out day catching up with a pal. Watched Wall.E and didn't even change out of my pyjamas. Well, I had a shower and changed into a different pair of pyjamas :)

Now I'm all alone again since my brother doesn't appear to have came back home after the Livi game and my parents are at some open house thing for my aunties 50th. Was going to see if my brother wanted to run along to the chippy but since he's gone awol I guess I'll have to stop being a lazy cow and go myself :lol:

Edited by Shapes

Nothing for me the last couple of nights. Needed it after a big week. Back on it for a few days from Monday though starting off with my missus anniversary dinner.

Only got 3 bottles of Tiger beer left out of a box of 12. (it's piss btw)

Just bought an ?8 bottle of Chilean red wine which will be getting opened shortly.

Note to Shapes: That's ?8 for a bottle!!

Only got 3 bottles of Tiger beer left out of a box of 12. (it's piss btw)

Just bought an ?8 bottle of Chilean red wine which will be getting opened shortly.

Note to Shapes: That's ?8 for a bottle!!

Just opened a bottle of Campo Viejo Rioja, also little over ?8 a bottle.

Just opened a bottle of Campo Viejo Rioja, also little over ?8 a bottle.

Casillero Del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon for me :thumbsup:

Gutted that it's only ?5 in Asda :(

Having a few cans on the train back up to Dundee.

If you're going to travel for 2 and a half hours, you might as well be bevvied on the way.

Will need to stop off at Tesco for a few more beers before getting home, but it'll be tight. Train gets in at 21:42 :sob:

There's no way some of the folk on this thread are peeving as much as they say they are.

Your liver would pack in FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either that, or they are and it is.

Got to get the wee digs in haven't you :(

Better me getting the digs in now than the cirrhosis getting the digs in later, I suppose.

No!

The train has been delayed by 15 minutes! That means no more bevy :sob:

Least I won't be checking into here in the morning :pleasing:

Better me getting the digs in now than the cirrhosis getting the digs in later, I suppose.

I don't know what to say man.

I'm messed eh.

No!

The train has been delayed by 15 minutes! That means no more bevy :sob:

Least I won't be checking into here in the morning :pleasing:

Fire into the nether or the phoenix.

:jjyay:

Fire into the nether or the phoenix.

Interesting pubs you frequent ;) The Nether is pretty good (a touch expensive compared to others) but The Phoenix is a bit on the minging side for this cat. :smuggy:

I did manage to get a crate of beer with seconds to spare out of Nethergate Tesco. :pleasing:

I might have to drink them all to numb the pain of my telly breaking though :sob:

Malcolm Tucker

I have felt hideous since I woke up at 10am this morning right up until now.

At 23, hangovers shouldn't be this bad.

I'm no expert, but I'd say I am 100% definitely going to die.

I have felt hideous since I woke up at 10am this morning right up until now.

At 23, hangovers shouldn't be this bad.

I'm no expert, but I'd say I am 100% definitely going to die.

Shut up, you girl.

Another hangover free weekend.

On top of the usual weekly housework....

Bagged some clothes for the charity shop

Bagged some clothes to be thrown out

Cleaned the fridge/cooker

As you tuck in to last nights half eaten Pizza, feeling like death would be a release, I just want you to know.....

DEAL WITH IT

Whole day drinking at wedding yesterday, plus a few more when we came in. God knows how much champagne and wine I had. Charcoal and milk thistle afore bed, feeling top notch again today.

Yes, I'm smug. :biggrin:

Whole day drinking at wedding yesterday, plus a few more when we came in. God knows how much champagne and wine I had. Charcoal and milk thistle afore bed, feeling top notch again today.

Yes, I'm smug. :biggrin:

The more I think about this didn't Chicp claim that having a hayfever tablet before bed stopped the hangovers?

The more I think about this didn't Chicp claim that having a hayfever tablet before bed stopped the hangovers?

Yeah someone did. I tried that but it didn't work for me unfortunately. I've tried EVERYTHING.

Yeah someone did. I tried that but it didn't work for me unfortunately. I've tried EVERYTHING.

I think the best one is a few pints of water before bed but I'm normally that far gone I can't work out how to put the tap on :(

I think the best one is a few pints of water before bed but I'm normally that far gone I can't work out how to put the tap on :(

Nowhere near enough for my monstrous hangovers. Seriously, I can't tell you how bad they get. Brutal.

Nowhere near enough for my monstrous hangovers. Seriously, I can't tell you how bad they get. Brutal.

Mixing drinks doesn't help. I'm bad for not eating when I'm drinking that normally does me.

:lol: you're an inspiration, Beats.

:rofl:

Doesn't anyone consider binning the drink?

I ponder this from time to time.

:rofl:

Doesn't anyone consider binning the drink?

I ponder this from time to time.

Sometimes I do but being realistic I couldn't do it. I went 6 weeks without a drink last year and felt great and promised myself I wouldn't drink as much when I went back to it. Failed with that.