Come on Liverpool

Morgan

Chelsea deserved the luck at the end, they had it going against them in the first half. The 'foul' by Ballack was soft to say the least and the quick free kick was taken nowhere near where the supposed infringment took place.

Chelsea are immense at home and with Essien back in the squad I see them winning 2-1 and going through.

Now, come on Barca! (hate them too but would prefer to play them in the final should we make it.)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Denny Crane
Nope, sober as the day itself.

I just love to see bad things happen to Liverpool :smile:

How bad?

How bad?

Last night was a good example.

Last minute own goals, elimination from competitions, unrest within the club, etc.

I think you'll find only the first leg has been played. So how are they eliminated?

Unrest happens at loads of clubs. It shows you how good the team are that despite this unrest they are still in the Semi Finals of the Champions League. Plus they have Torres aswell. Where was Drgba last night? Apart from diving about the pitch, faking injuries.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I think you'll find only the first leg has been played. So how are they eliminated?

Unrest happens at loads of clubs. It shows you how good the team are that despite this unrest they are still in the Semi Finals of the Champions League. Plus they have Torres aswell. Where was Drgba last night? Apart from diving about the pitch, faking injuries.

Now now, don't throw stones from the glass house that is Anfield :evilno:

I never said they had been eliminated. What I said was I enjoy seeing Liverpool get eliminated from competitions.

Where were Torres and Gerrard last night?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I never said they had been eliminated. What I said was I enjoy seeing Liverpool get eliminated from competitions.

Where were Torres and Gerrard last night?

On the floor would be a fair guess :rolleyes:

maltese jambo
Joke of a semi. Two of the most boring teams in the whole competition.

I hate Chelsea. But this Liverpool are the worst 'good' team I've ever seen in my life. How can a team who are so rank rotten do so well in this tournament? - the mind boggles.

I'm torn.

here here, even that arrogant commentator admitted that these kind of games are just sheite...

if thats the best in europe just now then football has big problems; these kind of teams just eat up good players and turn them into rubbish players.

i just switched it off after 5 minutes, then turned it on again with five to go...think i just about saw everything which happened!

Well they are still in this one. Long way to go. If you've followed the Champions League recently you'll know Liverpool are capable of great comebacks. And proceeding in the group stage when they have a mountain to climb.

Torres should have scored and Gerrard was unlucky with his effort, well good save actually. Probably both didnt have their best nights, but when one of them has scored 30 goals this season and the other 20 from midfield they are allowed a quieter game now and again. Next week we'll see Gerrard take us through.

One point id like to make how were Chelsea playing last Thursday and had more time to prepare and more rest before the big match?

Well they are still in this one. Long way to go. If you've followed the Champions League recently you'll know Liverpool are capable of great comebacks. And proceeding in the group stage when they have a mountain to climb.

Torres should have scored and Gerrard was unlucky with his effort, well good save actually. Probably both didnt have their best nights, but when one of them has scored 30 goals this season and the other 20 from midfield they are allowed a quieter game now and again. Next week we'll see Gerrard take us through.

One point id like to make how were Chelsea playing last Thursday and had more time to prepare and more rest before the big match?

In the Champions League semi-final, they can't afford to have a quiet game. Especially when you're relying on them to carry you through. Chelsea at the Bridge will not be an easy task.

Undefeated in 70 odd home games, says it all really.

They dont have to beat them though. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc.

Well it proves that Liverpool were still good enough to cope with Chelsea despite Torres and Gerrard not being their usual self.

They dont have to beat them though. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc.

Well it proves that Liverpool were still good enough to cope with Chelsea despite Torres and Gerrard not being their usual self.

Just remember that Chelsea still have the upper hand in the tie.

Would you have been happy with a 1-1 before the game?

Denny Crane
Where was Drgba last night? Apart from diving about the pitch, faking injuries.

John Aldridge on Radio City last night: "Me wife was doing the hoovering in our living room. She accidentally bumped into the telly and Drogba fell over." :arf:

Would not of been totally thrilled but it isnt the worst result they could have got. If they score first at Stamford Bridge then game on.

Denny Crane

Anyone notice that good, honest British pro John Terry take a sly kick at Torres when he was on the ground?

John Aldridge on Radio City last night: "Me wife was doing the hoovering in our living room. She accidentally bumped into the telly and Drogba fell over." :arf:

© Frank Skinner, 1994.

Edit : Not like a Scouser to steal something.

Would not of been totally thrilled but it isnt the worst result they could have got. If they score first at Stamford Bridge then game on.

By the same token, Chelsea score first, tie over.

Nah doubt it Eck. Going by what we saw last night Chelsea never really looked like scoring, whereas Liverpool had many chances for a second goal. Home advantage will help Chelsea but there is a long way to go. Liverpool are the comback kings.

Denny Crane
© Frank Skinner, 1994.

Edit : Not like a Scouser to steal something.

Nice PC you're using there...........:devlish:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Anyone notice that good, honest British pro John Terry take a sly kick at Torres when he was on the ground?

Torres was on the ground? There's a first

I know he is usually putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nah doubt it Eck. Going by what we saw last night Chelsea never really looked like scoring, whereas Liverpool had many chances for a second goal. Home advantage will help Chelsea but there is a long way to go. Liverpool are the comback kings.

But by your own token, one quiet game for the Chelsea strikers doesn't mean the same will happen next week.

Walter Bishop

Did you watch the game? Drogba was never off the ground, he imo at time plays like a big woofter!!!

Was he in dance Nation vid with Clum by any chance? :eek:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Did you watch the game? Drogba was never off the ground, he imo at time plays like a big woofter!!!

Was he in dance Nation vid with Clum by any chance? :eek:

Don't think I mentioned Drogba :rolleyes:

I love a man who lives by his signature;)

Well, you'd hope that someone in Quality Control would pick up on something like that before the banner was made.

If I were the kid, I'd refuse to die on the basis of a grammatically incorrect tribute. ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Well said sir, atleast someone can see that.

Was played off the park by Kaka, S**** in the FA Cup final V Chelsea.

Has never won any international honours and never been in a European Cup final, hes not as great as everyone thinks.

Ronaldo freezes on the big occasions but Man Utd fans are too deluded to see this, actually some honest Man u fans admit he freezes.

Mon the Barca

My god.

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

Not as great as everyone thinks, we will see when he picks up world player of the year.

Well said sir, atleast someone can see that.

Was played off the park by Kaka, S**** in the FA Cup final V Chelsea.

Has never won any international honours and never been in a European Cup final, hes not as great as everyone thinks.

Ronaldo freezes on the big occasions but Man Utd fans are too deluded to see this, actually some honest Man u fans admit he freezes.

Mon the Barca

You're so bitter, it's ****ing hilarious :laugh:

How many World Cup winners do Arsenal currently contain?

You're so bitter, it's ****ing hilarious :laugh:

How many World Cup winners do Arsenal currently contain?

It's hilarious that he used this argument "never won any international honours"

He can't help what country he is born in FFS!

Going by that logic, Ryan Giggs is pish because he has never played in a major international tournament! :rolleyes:

Dr Ian Malcolm
By the same token, Chelsea score first, tie over.

Not necessarily, wouldn't really change anything for Liverpool, bottom line is they have to score at least one.

I actually think they've got a goal in them, its whether they can keep Chelsea out I'm not so sure.

Dr Ian Malcolm
It's hilarious that he used this argument "never won any international honours"

He can't help what country he is born in FFS!

Going by that logic, Ryan Giggs is pish because he has never played in a major international tournament! :rolleyes:

Don't forget that guy Best, what a huddy he was! Ironically, the one World Cup winner Arsenal do have (Gilberto) is arguably their worst midfielder.

If you want to talk about freezing in big games, the entire Arsenal team is the best example you'll get. Liverpool x2 in the CL, Chelsea away and Man United away - the Gooners manage to lose all three from winning positions (three times in two games against Liverpool).

Don't forget that guy Best, what a huddy he was! Ironically, the one World Cup winner Arsenal do have (Gilberto) is arguably their worst midfielder.

If you want to talk about freezing in big games, the entire Arsenal team is the best example you'll get. Liverpool x2 in the CL, Chelsea away and Man United away - the Gooners manage to lose all three from winning positions (three times in two games against Liverpool).

Don't disagree with Kearney! He will simply use the old 'why are you stalking me' line when you have the cheek to disagree with one of his hilarious posts.:)

Don't disagree with Kearney! He will simply use the old 'why are you stalking me' line when you have the cheek to disagree with one of his hilarious posts.:)

He'll be laughing at us when he gets his record deal :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
boabyarsebiscuit
Not necessarily, wouldn't really change anything for Liverpool, bottom line is they have to score at least one.

I actually think they've got a goal in them, its whether they can keep Chelsea out I'm not so sure.

Very prescient.

Archived