Come on Liverpool

Morgan

Buffalo Bill
I'd wager a pretty hefty sum bet with you, if Chelsea get through, either Man U or Barca will most probably take them to the cleaners.

Sorry mate, but after watching Henry's gambling problems in Neighbours when I was 14, I decided there and then never to do 'wagers'.

A-150-349878-1132392804.jpeg

Buffalo Bill

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd wager a pretty hefty sum bet with you, if Chelsea get through, either Man U or Barca will most probably take them to the cleaners.

I think United will book their place in the final tomorrow, win the league at the bridge at the weekend and trounce whoever survives next Wednesdays bore fest in the Final with a fresh and rested team!

portobellojambo1
Any Chelsea fans on here want to comment on their thoughts on Avram Grant. I personally think he's useless, and with all the creative players Chelsea have, should create far more than they currently do.

Based on the above I would suggest you do not venture into The Gullit Lounge

Andy. There is a link which states that he is the man Vladimir Romanov wants to attract to Tynecastle. :sad:

Just thought i would cheer you up before I have an early night in bed, have recorded Waking the Dead part 2 on Sky+, going upstairs to watch it.

Hasta la vista.

chester copperpot
I think United will book their place in the final tomorrow, win the league at the bridge at the weekend and trounce whoever survives next Wednesdays bore fest in the Final with a fresh and rested team!

If it is a Manure Liverpool final, its safe to say the Mighty Liverpool will win through. Far more experience in winning the big trophy than you's lot ;).

chester copperpot
Sorry mate, but after watching Henry's gambling problems in Neighbours when I was 14, I decided there and then never to do 'wagers'.

Buffalo Bill

Haha @ Henry's gambling addiction.

No worries mate.

The Old Tolbooth
You're starting to sound like a Hobo on mushrooms with comments like that. Delusion!

Actually, I just stated the same as the commentator said that very night ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Buffalo Bill

You've just went right down in my estimations BB :D

Any Chelsea fans on here want to comment on their thoughts on Avram Grant. I personally think he's useless, and with all the creative players Chelsea have, should create far more than they currently do.

I can't make my mind up about Grant. In the big games we fail to have the motivation needed. We're second to far to many loose balls. His substitutions have also been shocking at times. Including tonight with Cole coming off instead of Malouda. Saying all that he has us very close to a Champions League and Premiership double.

I do believe there should be a massive clearance at Chelsea, top to bottom. Far too many players don't have their heart in it or are finished. Drogba, Ballack, Shevchenko, Makelele, Ferreira and Grant for starters.

Finally, I think we'll be going to Moscow now. The Mickey Mousers have not scored at the Bridge in 8 and will not score twice. Chelsea will score in the home leg and that will be enough. We'll not play as bad as that for the rest of the season and still came away with a draw.

John Arne Riise, I love you.

Side note - Liverpool singing about Lampard's Mum. Disgraceful, but what you would expect from them.

chester copperpot
I can't make my mind up about Grant. In the big games we fail to have the motivation needed. We're second to far to many loose balls. His substitutions have also been shocking at times. Including tonight with Cole coming off instead of Malouda. Saying all that he has us very close to a Champions League and Premiership double.

I do believe there should be a massive clearance at Chelsea, top to bottom. Far too many players don't have their heart in it or are finished. Drogba, Ballack, Shevchenko, Makelele, Ferreira and Grant for starters.

Finally, I think we'll be going to Moscow now. The Mickey Mousers have not scored at the Bridge in 8 and will not score twice. Chelsea will score in the home leg and that will be enough. We'll not play as bad as that for the rest of the season and still came away with a draw.

John Arne Riise, I love you.

Side note - Liverpool singing about Lampard's Mum. Disgraceful, but what you would expect from them.

Didn't hear about the 'Fans' singing but agree, if they did, thats a disgrace mate (see previous post in support of Lampard and his family).

It aint over till its over. Chelsea have massively underachieved considering how much they've spent. Liverpool know how to win those games, so its all set for a great 2nd leg. I agree that Chelsea are now favourites, however if they play as bad as they did tonight, Liverpool wont miss as many chances as they did tonight.

I fancy 1-0 Liverpool at the bridge, but hey ho, you have to support your team no matter what eh? ;)

Fair play to Chelsea, I've been a Liverpool fan long enough to know we've done it tons to other teams.

We will still create plenty of chances at the bridge, and I really fancy us to score at the bridge.

I'd now say its 60/40 in Chelsea's favour to go through, but stranger things have happened.

I am not sure about Grant to be fair he said he wouldnt change anything this season and implement his changes in the pre season with his players, which suggests the players that Mourinho brought in were only there to play a certain style.

Regardless if Chelsea win the league or Champs League or both I still think they will get Rikyaard or Hiddink in as manager.

With reagrds to tonights game Chelsea deserved the luck as they have never had it in the last two encounters afterall who could forget the Garcia's goal that was never a goal!!!

Liverpool's tactics will be interesting as they will now have to go away from home and attack. If Chelsea score first then I think it will be all over especially as Liverpool's record at the Bridge is poor 0 goals in 8 matches.

The Old Tolbooth
Didn't hear about the 'Fans' singing but agree, if they did, thats a disgrace mate (see previous post in support of Lampard and his family).

It aint over till its over. Chelsea have massively underachieved considering how much they've spent. Liverpool know how to win those games, so its all set for a great 2nd leg. I agree that Chelsea are now favourites, however if they play as bad as they did tonight, Liverpool wont miss as many chances as they did tonight.

I fancy 1-0 Liverpool at the bridge, but hey ho, you have to support your team no matter what eh? ;)

Totally agree about the Liverpool fans if they did sing a song about Lampards family, no need for that!

I actually fancy the tie to go to penalty kicks now, and Liverpool just dont lose a PK shoot out ;)

chester copperpot
I am not sure about Grant to be fair he said he wouldnt change anything this season and implement his changes in the pre season with his players, which suggests the players that Mourinho brought in were only there to play a certain style.

Regardless if Chelsea win the league or Champs League or both I still think they will get Rikyaard or Hiddink in as manager.

With reagrds to tonights game Chelsea deserved the luck as they have never had it in the last two encounters afterall who could forget the Garcia's goal that was never a goal!!!

Liverpool's tactics will be interesting as they will now have to go away from home and attack. If Chelsea score first then I think it will be all over especially as Liverpool's record at the Bridge is poor 0 goals in 8 matches.

As with all good records, they need to come to an end ;)

Im pretty confident that it will not be 9 games without a goal at Stamford Bridge next week. Anyone fancying a bet otherwise will get better odds at the bookies, but I fancy a Liverpool goal next week. Have said it before tonights match, think it will be a lot closer than all the Chelsea fans believe on here, and Liverpool know how to win in the CL, unlike those buy the league lads from Central London. ;)

The Old Tolbooth

People have short memories regarding that incident, if the goal wasn't given, it would have been a penalty to Liverpool and the Chelsea player would have been sent off! I actually agree that the goal was dubious, however I think the ref gave it because he bottled giving the penalty and sending the man off in the same instant.

As for Liverpools record of no goals at the Bridge in 8 games, it's gotta end sometime, and this is a CL game that they need to score in, add to that the fact that Chelsea (although competing for the league) have been nowhere near the Chelsea we all know they can be, and the tie is still wide open.

Without a doubt the tie is still evenly balanced and I can see both teams scoring but Liverpool will now have to attack which in the previous games is something they havent had to do.

I can see a few goals next week however which it goes is anyones guess.

chester copperpot
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

:laugh:

What you hahahaing at?

Barca will beat you's lot tomorrow. ;) (here's hoping).

Ronaldo goes into his shell as usual in the big games (I mean the really big one's) .Messi et al to run riot tomorrow evening.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's about 3 or 4 years since Chelsea last lost at home.

Once you get that kind of mentality you don't lose it easily, regardless of how you are playing.

Can't see Liverpool getting anything myself but it will be very interesting to see Rafas tactics.

chester copperpot
People have short memories regarding that incident, if the goal wasn't given, it would have been a penalty to Liverpool and the Chelsea player would have been sent off! I actually agree that the goal was dubious, however I think the ref gave it because he bottled giving the penalty and sending the man off in the same instant.

As for Liverpools record of no goals at the Bridge in 8 games, it's gotta end sometime, and this is a CL game that they need to score in, add to that the fact that Chelsea (although competing for the league) have been nowhere near the Chelsea we all know they can be, and the tie is still wide open.

Kinda what I said no?

The Old Tolbooth
Kinda what I said no?

The second half aye, we were posting at the same time, I just chose to go for a slash half way thru or would have had my post up in front of yours, great minds and all that ;)

The Old Tolbooth

By the way, how refreshing is it to have a decent thread where Liverpool are playing Chelsea and there is very little derogatory comments on it, from both sides?

Credit where it's due and lets hope we can have a thread similar tomorrow night for the Barca walkover ;)

Denny Crane

OK minor setback (but using your head to clear a ball which is barely above ankle level - and Riise wonders why Rafa prefers Aurelio?).

Not like Liverpool have done it the hard way in the past. I'm old enough to remember the second leg semi at Bayern in 1981 when the Germans supposively had it in the bag after a good result at Anfield. A combination of Howard Gayle running them ragged and Ray Kennedy's superb wundergoal scuppered all that to set up what would be the third of Liverpool's five European Cups.

This one has more twists and turns yet - I wouldn't be surprised at another penalty shoot-out.

(and come one Barca......)

Say What Again

I was originaly going to quote the first post saying the game was shiiite (round about page 2 or 3), but didn't bother after spotting more and more on the way down the thread.

Did anybody seriously expect anything else? Every time they play each other it's dull. Every time they play anybody it's dull. Every time they've met at this stage of the CL it's been dull.

As I've said on another thread, I've no leanings toward either of these sides (or Man U or Arsenal), but surely to God nobody thought this was going to be anything other than.... what it was?:sleepy:

Dr Ian Malcolm

Are Liverpool not the top scorers in the competiton? I think they've scored everytime they've played away in Europe as well - 1 in Toulouse, 1 at Beskiktas, 3 in Marseille, 1 in Porto, 1 in Milan, 1 at Highbury. Fancy them to get one at the Bridge as well. Pen again to sort this one out.

In terms of Grant, the players he's got are carrying him. To inherit a squad like that and not do well would require levels of incompetance that possibly only Malofeev has. He's done pretty well, but no more than the minimum expected. Will be very interesting to see a) Who he brings in/ships out in the summer and B) where Mourinho ends up - there'll be a few following him from Chelsea.

Tie. Over.

Nice one Riise you *****ing ginger b*llend.

Use my right foot?

Nah.

I think I'll try a diving header at a ball that's a p*nis length of the ground. ***** me.

Get that RIGHT up you, theiving Scouse *****.

Tremendous result for Chelsea FC. We can finish the scallies off at the Bridge, particularly with Essien due to return. :)

Blue is the colour....;)

Walter Bishop
It's about 3 or 4 years since Chelsea last lost at home.

Once you get that kind of mentality you don't lose it easily, regardless of how you are playing.

Can't see Liverpool getting anything myself but it will be very interesting to see Rafas tactics.

Is it not just league games they are unbeaten?(Though that will end on Saturday) Im sure they have been beat at home in the champions league???

Good game, Liverpool should have got a second goal at home though. Chelsea didnt really deserve to get the draw. But these things happen in football. Was funny that it was that fud Lampard who gave away the ball last night for the Liverpool goal.

Roll on next Wednesday when the mighty Reds will go to Stamford Bridge and beat the blues.

Tie. Over.

Use my right foot?

Nah.

I think I'll try a diving header at a ball that's a p*nis length of the ground. ***** me.

:confused::sobored:

Tie. Over.

Use my right foot?

Nah.

And, it's "thieving".

Im guessing eckauskas had a few pints before posting that stupid comment. Considering it was at nearly 3 in the morning

I agree, it's far from over. Not underachieved yet, coming away trophy-less from this season would be. We're still in the running for the Premiership and the Champions League, may end up with nothing, may end up with both.

Chelsea won't play as bad as that in the next leg. With Essien back Makelele will drop out and I'd imagine Kalou will start ahead of Malouda this time. That's as long as there's no injuries on Saturday.

Liverpool won't win at the Bridge, no one wins at the Bridge. If Liverpool are to go through I think it'll have to be 1-1 then extra time and penalties. 2-2 would do it, I just can't see Benitez setting his team out to score 2 goals.

What you hahahaing at?

Barca will beat you's lot tomorrow. ;) (here's hoping).

Ronaldo goes into his shell as usual in the big games (I mean the really big one's) .Messi et al to run riot tomorrow evening.

Well said sir, atleast someone can see that.

Was played off the park by Kaka, S**** in the FA Cup final V Chelsea.

Has never won any international honours and never been in a European Cup final, hes not as great as everyone thinks.

Ronaldo freezes on the big occasions but Man Utd fans are too deluded to see this, actually some honest Man u fans admit he freezes.

Mon the Barca

Denny Crane
I saw their banner on the TV; thick scousers put an apostrophe in "millions". :rolleyes:

I love a man who lives by his signature;)

Denny Crane
Tie. Over.

Use my right foot?

Nah.

Remember to lock your front door soft lad. :rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Has never won any international honours and never been in a European Cup final, hes not as great as everyone thinks.

Ronaldo freezes on the big occasions but Man Utd fans are too deluded to see this, actually some honest Man u fans admit he freezes.

Mon the Barca

lol, what a load of bollocks

Mon the Barca

What a bucket of pesh.

portobellojambo1

Mon the Barca

Your summing up of Cristiano Ronaldo is, with all due respect, a pile of fecking s h y t e. One suspects you are the sort who salivates over the delights of Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis, and actually struggles to see the abilities in a proper football player, i.e. Ronaldo.

Walter Bishop

Mon the Barca

Sherminator,

Just when i thought your posts couldnt get anymore deluded you go and top them all!!!!

Freezes - Is that what he done 2 weeks when having to take 2 penaltys against Arseanal???

Ronaldo is the best player in th world, 36 goals in a season aye hes not great eh?????

P.s. How many has Fabregas scored this season???

Sherminator,

Just when i thought your posts couldnt get anymore deluded you go and top them all!!!!

Freezes - Is what he done 2 weeks when having to take 2 penaltys against Arseanal???

Ronaldo is the best player in th world, 36 goals in a season aye hes not great eh?????

P.s. How many has Fabregas scored this season???

:4_1_72:

Im guessing eckauskas had a few pints before posting that stupid comment. Considering it was at nearly 3 in the morning

Nope, sober as the day itself.

I just love to see bad things happen to Liverpool :smile:

Nope, sober as the day itself.

I just love to see bad things happen to Liverpool :smile:

:th_Yawn:

artfuldodger

it will be a yellow bus coming for you soon not a taxi

Archived