Paulo Sergio Leaves Hearts

ritchies75

FarmerTweedy

Sad but not unexpected. Hopefully the club get's a new guy in place ASAP, on the last two occasions it has been within a day.

At the least, I'd want to see the new boss in place before pre-season training starts. Like many others, I strongly suspect that the club will have expected that PS would depart and will know who they want to bring in to replace him.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GuitarJambo

You have no way to prove your not talking shite- im not the one making stupid ITK claims. If Sergio was over here for ?300 a week then ,as drylaw put it, hes an absolute mug given hed get more for packing shelves in tesco. I don't believe that for a second. Interesting that hearts have said the same money is available for replacement.. I wonderful who we could get for 300 a week?

as i said go back and read the original post, he got in the region of ?300 per week from hearts but monies were incoming from other sources.

Yes, this is true I can, unfortunately prove to you that what I am saying is true but I am certainly not another bullshit artist on kickback.

I am not asking you or anyone else to believe me, you can form your own assumptions, as i am sure you do by the minute.

Thunderstruck

Good luck Paulo Sergio, thanks for the memories.

I'm afraid we live in times when belts are being tightened and football is no different. The days of big wages are disappearing, the Club made what it thought was a reasonable offer and it was rejected. Not a sacking, just a parting of the ways.

Diadora Van Basten

I think the job he was expecting was very different from the job he got as we started cutting back meaning he never really got a chance to sign anyone other than Beattie.

I wasn't that fussy for him until the late wage saga were I thought he handled it really well.

In the end he basically won us the cup with his good tactics versus Celtic and his cup final preparation.

Whilst I am sad to see him go I hope we bring in Paul Hartley.

Drylaw Hearts

as i said go back and read the original post, he got in the region of ?300 per week from hearts but monies were incoming from other sources.

I hope it wasn't an EBT.

:(

From william hill bookies on twitter.

William Hill @sharpeangle

New Hearts' boss -11/10 Couceiro; 4/1 Pressley; 5/1 Cameron;Hartley; 11/2 Locke; 10 Davies;

12 McGlynn; Butcher; 14 Jeffries. #Hearts

Final post before bed for me. I'm perfectly calm about this, it is a mutual parting of the ways after the club made Paulo Sergio the best offer it could afford within it's new budget structure. The club wanted to retain Paulo Sergio, Paulo Sergio having taken everything into consideration, has chosen to leave. It is probably the right decision for him personally, with reduced means next season, there is a chance the club may be less competitive, his stock in UK football is probably at it's heighest currently and staying may well have damaged that.

The club is moving towards sustainability, which is absolutely the right thing it should be doing for the long term future of the club. Remember how bleak last October to January was? That was as a consequence of the club living out with it's means. I hope we never return to that. All offers on the playing side of the club going forward, both on the management team and the playing staff, have to be on terms that the club can afford within it's budget, Paulo Sergio, with regret, has proved to be out with that budget.

I expect the club will move swiftly to appoint a replacement as they have done so on the last two occassions within a couple of days. It would be nice if this is a long term appointment who buys into the direction the club is going in. Paulo Sergio is some ways, was one of the last remnants of an unsustainable era at HMFC.

PsychocAndy

Goodbye, best of luck and Thank You so much.

You have no way to prove your not talking shite- im not the one making stupid ITK claims. If Sergio was over here for ?300 a week then ,as drylaw put it, hes an absolute mug given hed get more for packing shelves in tesco. I don't believe that for a second. Interesting that hearts have said the same money is available for replacement.. I wonderful who we could get for 300 a week?

That should give us a fair indication of what was actually on offer,pretty experienced guy with a good pedigree = he was offered a good deal,some random no-one with not much experience in a big team environment = pish poor wages on offer and PS was quite right to say "no".

Some of the nonsense and ill informed speculation that some posters write does, at times, want you to shout out in despair at your fellow fans.

We had an option which we could have taken up at the same salary -- we chose not to take up that option at that salary and tried to negotiate a lower rate with fairly large incentives -- he did not want to take over a 25% cut in salary and a heavily weighted incentive package -- his right not to do so.

He has improved his standing in footballing terms and his agent will have been receiving enquiries from other clubs and will know the possible terms on offer -- this past season has been good for us but also good for him.

There was no subsidy payments in his salary from another club -- total prefabrication from our friends in the village but some seem to want to believe utter tosh spouted by fans who thought they would win the cup because the 'signs said so'.

He also had concerns about the players leaving and what the expectations would be with a smaller and weaker squad bearing in mind the pay deal included a big chunk of incentive based payments.

He is simply looking after himself and his family (remember thay have been in Portugal) and taking everything into account has said 'no'.

So thank him for his time and welcome him when he visits but this is a time of recession and a time for cutting costs -- our owner wants to sell and sees little benefit in subsidising that which he wishes to sell.

When he appointed Sergio there was one plan -- at seasons end there was another which includes a move to income matching costs and as quckly as possible hence the players leaving announcements with more to come -- players have left but we have just not had the official announcements.

See if it comes out that Hearts offered him a reasonable deal and he just didn't want to take it, there's gonna be more than a few folk looking like right fecking raspers on here.

Nobody knows what he was offered or what he thinks he's worth so save us all the OTT shite eh ?

No real surprise,watch the aftermath of the cup final again and you'll see it plain as day he was not for staying,he knew THEN he was not going to be offered the contract he wanted,cheers Paulo,totally grew a fair liking for you,won me over big time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now as for Hartley,doubt it very much.

I agree. Paulo looked and sounded like a man who loves our club but knew there was no prospect of staying longer term. I'm just annoyed that Hearts have taken so long to announce this - I really don't believe the club thought they could negotiate a deal to keep him and it seems to me it was all about making it look like we tried to keep him, but he turned us down. We all know the financial situation - just be open and honest about it Hearts.

Good luck to him.

I was critical of Paulo when he arrived as he took JJ's job, but over time he won me over and I have really enjoyed the season. I met him once and he took time to talk to me, he is class and I am now devastated he will not be in the dug out next season. Thought we were going up in the world.

Good luck Paulo

Obrigado x

See if it comes out that Hearts offered him a reasonable deal and he just didn't want to take it, there's gonna be more than a few folk looking like right fecking raspers on here.

Nobody knows what he was offered or what he thinks he's worth so save us all the OTT shite eh ?

I think the answer will be the calibre of manager we appoint mate. The same wages will be on offer the club say.

Mr Segio is a legend and always will be.

Fed up with us changing managers all the time, we dont know how the talks have gone etc but until vlads gone this circus will continue.

How come PS is a great guy for NOT signing an new deal,yet other members of the footballing staff were labeled snakes and the likes for not doing the same thing?

I expected as much so I dont feel too bad. He did a great job and is a huge part of something we can hold over hibs forever. Wayne foster's name is still sung and its been 20years, there'll be jambos nananananana-ing his name in 100. unless the earth is destroyed by crab people.

Cheers Paolo.

BobbyJenkins

Legend in my eyes and I really hope things work out for him. Im not overly fussed tho for some reason. Interesting and exciting times ahead!

BobbyJenkins

How come PS is a great guy for NOT signing an new deal,yet other members of the footballing staff were labeled snakes and the likes for not doing the same thing?

Cos thats fitba.

Just heard the news. Not happy but #### it will wait and see who comes in. Cheers Paolo and good luck.

Oh and as for the boy who said Paolo was on 300 a week GTF.

Tommy Wiseau

Such as who, rudi? :)

southside1874

Paulo used to get a large Doner fromTopkapi every Tuesday night. Then he stopped coming for a couple of weeks and when he returned he started buying small Doners.

It was at this stage I realised there were serious problems with his remuneration package and his departure comes as no surprise.

Romanov, he couldn't even buy a proper kebab you mad ******* - GTF.

Paulo would get free kebabs from my kebab shop. :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Who has been labelled a snake for not signing a new contract?

Cardiac Rucksack

Ian Murray on twitter trying to take the piss. :cripple:

Good luck for the future Paulo,Thanks for the great day on May 19th

and the celebrations after. Hope our new manager can do the same (If

he lasts that long) ! :whistling:

weststand93

thing is who ever we do go for or get in . will be on a free as we wont be buying any one out of there contract. i do think PS has made the right choice really as it shows that we really aint in a way to bring in meny new players . and if we lose a few players craig beattie ect ect . it makes me think about what ian murray said about us . that 1 day it will happen ? well i dont want to be all doom and gloom but with no money a chairman who dont want to know us any more and now no manager . but on the puld side john sutton will be happy :woot:

i posted this in the wrong page :teehee:

Who has been labelled a snake for not signing a new contract?

Probably not the best word,but you know full well that other members of the footballing side of Hearts have been vilified on this site AND by club statements for not signing a new contract,my question is why the leniency by some on here towards Paulo,oh and for the record I've never had a go at anyone be it manager,coach or player for not wanting to sign a new contract.

John McClure

Ian Murray on twitter trying to take the piss. :cripple:

Ask him to remind us of which clu he plays for again? Oh aye, nobody!! ******!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Probably not the best word,but you know full well that other members of the footballing side of Hearts have been vilified on this site AND by club statements for not signing a new contract,my question is why the leniency by some on here towards Paulo,oh and for the record I've never had a go at anyone be it manager,coach or player for not wanting to sign a new contract.

Who?

Tommy Wiseau

John McClure

yous are GAGGING on this guy naming somebody who was labelled as a snake :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gorgie Boys

"I'm glad that they aren't satisfied with the change - that is the sign of their character, they respect alot Mr Jim, as I do. The same thing I can say to our fans, it is the sign of character of our fans that they respect who works for Hearts and most of all a legend like Jim. So, one day, if I be sacked from some place I would like to leave the way Jim left, with the feeling of the fans the way they felt for Jim."

Paulo Sergio, Aug 2011.

Mission Accomplished, Mr Paulo. Mission Accomplished.

This !!!!!

Just watched this clip not 45 seconds ago and had the exact same thought !! Classiest man the SPL has ever seen.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

One of the classiest managers I've ever seen in Scotland. Leaves a legend for both the semi and the final. I hope he has a long, successful career.

Shame he couldn't accept but the club must do what's best. I think the time is perfect for a young coach to grow with the young players. There should be a period of grace. Any Hearts fan who gets on the back of the team or the manager after the cup final performance and how different our team will look next year needs a long, hard look at themselves, IMO.

Thanks for the memories Mr Sergio and for the 19th of May.

Class act :thumbsup:

Pressley next for me with Lockey or Hartley as assistant manager plz.

Andy Webster for example,or what about Jose Goncalves,even Kello was getting it tight because some were in the belief he wasn't being played (first time round) because of his refusal of signing a new contract.

Tommy Wiseau

Andy Webster for example,or what about Jose Goncalves,even Kello was getting it tight because some were in the belief he wasn't being played (first time round) because of his refusal of signing a new contract.

Andy Webster did not get labelled a snake for not signing a new contract.

I will need to see some evidence of the other two as I do not remember any such chat.

Why would anybody want Pressley? Despite everything else he couldn't even get Falkirk up. See how bad Dunfermline were last season and they got promoted ahead of Pressleys lot

ernie winchester

yous are GAGGING on this guy naming somebody who was labelled as a snake :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Why does that old nugget, "The King is Dead! Long live the King" keep ringing in my head? I could suggest that it's an omen, but that would be all 'hoboesque'... and we know how their 'omens' turned out! :lol:

Andy Webster did not get labelled a snake for not signing a new contract.

I will need to see some evidence of the other two as I do not remember any such chat.

Trying to twist things TW,I have already said that "snake" was not the best word.

Evidence of the other two,your having a laugh right,bloody hell,very,very short memory or you've just started watch Hearts.

LoveTheHearts

For all the Hibs fans undoubtedly checking this thread tonight- 5-1 & **** You!

Paulo Sergio- the man, the legend, memories for life. Class act in every aspect & hopefully he gets a club who treat him the way he deserves to be treated. I dont just mean with wages but with everything he's had to put up with & still bringing back the cup, massive respect & hopefully see him at Tynecastle visiting in the future.

Im not gonna get too annoyed, just not looking forward to next season at all. Also goodbye Beattie, we're gonna be as effective up front next season as Christian Nade in a 'Slimmer of the week' competition! Still comes with the territory of supporting Hearts, always crazy but never dull!

scott_jambo

Trying to twist things TW,I have already said that "snake" was not the best word.

Evidence of the other two,your having a laugh right,bloody hell,very,very short memory or you've just started watch Hearts.

When was Kello and Goncalves labelled as snakes? blink.gif

Both very popular ex players or have I missed something?

Sooperstar

Really gutted to see him go.

It's always exciting waiting for the new man to be announced though, even though we're getting quite used to it.

I've written off next season already anyway, maybe even the next too. I'm not expecting much but hoping I'm wrong.

When was Kello and Goncalves labelled as snakes? blink.gif

Both very popular ex players or have I missed something?

I must have missed it too.

:blink:

Tommy Wiseau

It was a genuine request, but your defensive attitude suggests that this didn't happen. Both players are very well thought of by the Hearts support.

Also, Andrew Webster was not vilified by the Hearts support for not signing a new contract. He was vilified for other reasons. There's no twisting about it.

Archived