Paulo Sergio Leaves Hearts

ritchies75

Tynecastle Valhalla

this falls in line with a statement made last season, i.e. the club needs to live within its means

i honestly dont think anyone out of contract will be renewed including beattie and rudi and suso unfortunately

looks like it will be a fairly scottish based squad next season with quite a few youngsters

to be fair though i think other clubs will be losing players as well

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamboelite

Thanks Paulo a legend for this club and you're always welcome.

Some people need to wake upto the fact this club is going to try and live within its means, that means none of this "aww cant we just offer a bit more" at the end of the day we need to be self sufficient and if it turns out the deal was too expensive then so be it.

He goes a legend and I genuinely loved the guys manner and grace around the club but some of the comments about it being a disgrace give me a break FFS.

Its going to be a tough couple of seasons going forward while we bring through some of these players and maintain a sensible budget which if done correctly should still see us up the top end of the league.

Typical that folk question his record despite the off field problems he had to endure, lack of pre-season with the squad and not being given the chance to sign a single player of his own not preventing him scooping silverware :rolleyes:

Really hope we go out and get someone with at least some experience, even if it is a Hartley or Cameron who are newish to the management game. Locke and Murray would not fill me with confidence.

Big picture again. Taking everything into consideration, the man did an unbelievable job. Imagine what a few seasons could have achieved.

Still, wirh the standard of some of the teams in our league, i'm hopeful of a top 3 finish, with second a strong possibility. Looking forward to holt/prynchenko/walker and co getting a run but we really need a 15-20 goal striker. Always the optimist.

We'll still fth 3 times next season, so happy days.

Drylaw Hearts

First off, best of luck for the future Paulo, you are a class act and extremely popular among the support and playing staff.

Main point though. paulo was treated like dirty by vlad, he was only recieving ?300 per week wages from hearts as the bulk of his money was made up from elsewhere, the players all recieved hefty bonuses for the semi final win over septic but paulo recieved ?1000.

I am always teetering between respecting vlad for the way he has the sfa and spl sussed and utterly despising him for the way he treats players and coasching staff. I know vlad was once a sailor and sailors have a rep for the ladies, one can only assume he picked up a dose of syphillus somewhere and its made its way to his brain!

However, next season is going to be a tough one and in my opinion its best that Paulo walks away as a legend because lets not mince words here, next season will very difficult what with the players we have lost and the non existing budget to bring anyone in to replace our out going players.

?300 ????

What a mug.

Auld Reekin'

Thanks Paulo, and best wishes for the future.

drumie jambo

Truly sad to see Paulo go.. You will always be a Jambo and welcome back at any time.. I think he may get a gig in England.. Birmingham anyone?

Sporting Braga

ernie winchester

Articulate, intelligent, dignified and a true gentleman, respectful of all opponents, but with the ability to sort out the mouths who tried their mind games (Fenlon and Shields). A real fans' favourite. Held the team together well in awkward circumstances and led us to the greatest game in 'my' life. Also gave us the bragging rights over the wee team for the foreseeable future... potentially forever!

However, as others have mentioned, the league form? Well, it may have been better if he'd had a chance to sign his own players, but as per Burley, we'll never know. There is an argument for saying that with the players he had, he maybe should have done better.

I liked the guy and am sorry to see him go, but I won't be throwing myself off a bridge.

All the best Paulo and co. and I wish you all the very best for the future.

kingantti1874

?300 ????

What a mug.

I seriously doubt anyone would move to the uk, leave their family for ?300 a week, i can only conclude the poster who made this assertion is talking shite

Thanks Paulo a legend for this club and you're always welcome.

Some people need to wake upto the fact this club is going to try and live within its means, that means none of this "aww cant we just offer a bit more" at the end of the day we need to be self sufficient and if it turns out the deal was too expensive then so be it.

He goes a legend and I genuinely loved the guys manner and grace around the club but some of the comments about it being a disgrace give me a break FFS.

Its going to be a tough couple of seasons going forward while we bring through some of these players and maintain a sensible budget which if done correctly should still see us up the top end of the league.

I honestly believe we are better positioned than most to get through this, every other SPL club (bar Celtic) is currently going through much the same. We have the benefit of an excellent youth set-up and will still (most likely) have the 3rd highest budget in the league.

GuitarJambo

after having a cup of tea and calming down from the shock I hink this could be the best possible thing for us right now. new season, new manager, new team. I still think we as football consumers are being robbed by the wee man in the submarine and i know theres a great many vladists on here (he did save our club and tynecastle) but I have my opinions of vlad as i am sure you all do.

Lets just look to the future.

John McClure

Yes I know it to be fact. 100% solid fact. I am sure though, given the nature of this page, I will be doubted but i'm not really bothered.

Do you work in the payroll at tynecastle? I always find it astonishing that people know the wages of staff and players, hardly anyone at my work knows my wages, and i dont know the wages other are on. Isnt it unusual that people are aware of staffs salaries?

southside1874

While the SFA fiddle over the Rangers saga the rest of Scottish football burns. How can the rest of the teams set potential goals and the rewards that come while this saga continues. The impact of Rangers being allowed to continue with business as usual will be huge and the investment rewarded is significant.

The sad state of affairs is muppets running our game will have the bearing of muppets managing our teams. Sergio was head and shoulders above as far as class and integrity goes and quite frankly Scottish Football or Hearts can't afford him.

jambos are go!

This, I'm no fan of VR, but the club made Paulo Sergio an offer in line with what it could afford, Paulo has chosen to turn this down and move on and so do Hearts as a club. PS would not have even looked at the Hearts job in the first place without the contract that was on offer courtesy of VR.

Paulo Sergio did a good job under difficult circumstances and I believe leaves at the right time for both him

personally and given the money that would be required to keep him, quite possibly the right time for the club also.

Hearts are moving to a sustainable financial model, spunking a large part of the budget on an expensive coaching team would have been a big commitment.

Whilst I agree with this post my overwhelming thoughts at the moment are thanks for the greatest day of all Paulo.

Patrick Bateman

From what I heard, Sporting Lisbon's compensation made up a lot of Sergio's earnings. That compensation ended recently and left a gap in his earnings which Hearts were unable to plug. Sergio is one of the best managers we've had in many, many years and I'm sad to see him go. I'm confident VR will sound out a good replacement and wish Paulo all the very best in his career, I'm sure he'll continue winning trophies for whoever he joins.

That arse was the guy that brought Paulo to the club and sanctioned the Rudi and Beattie deals you total mincer.

So you are aware of what has taken place the last two weeks. No you are not. So why when I express my view based on knowledge you take the piss!

Fermit the Krog

I seriously doubt anyone would move to the uk, leave their family for ?300 a week, i can only conclude the poster who made this assertion is talking shite

You conclude correctly.

No real surprise,watch the aftermath of the cup final again and you'll see it plain as day he was not for staying,he knew THEN he was not going to be offered the contract he wanted,cheers Paulo,totally grew a fair liking for you,won me over big time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now as for Hartley,doubt it very much.

GuitarJambo

Do you work in the payroll at tynecastle? I always find it astonishing that people know the wages of staff and players, hardly anyone at my work knows my wages, and i dont know the wages other are on. Isnt it unusual that people are aware of staffs salaries?

I got to know Paulo pretty wel since he arrived here in Scotland due to the nature of my work which is not for hearts and certainly not on the pay role but having been taken into his confidence I know this to be fact.

Mister Dee

Thanks for the memories Paulo.

Maybe have you back in years to come?

scott_jambo

So you are aware of what has taken place the last two weeks. No you are not. So why when I express my view based on knowledge you take the piss!

Why dont you PM me the details then.

GuitarJambo

and I never said he was on only ?300 per week, I think a few of you lot need to go back and re-read my original post again!

John McClure

What has taken place in the last two weeks is, Hearts had a look at what they could afford, they made Sergio an offer based on that. he went and considered it, had a think, and turned it down. Hearts made an offer and he rejected it

hughesie27

I got to know Paulo pretty wel since he arrived here in Scotland due to the nature of my work which is not for hearts and certainly not on the pay role but having been taken into his confidence I know this to be fact.

Cool story brother. Tell me more.

From what I heard, Sporting Lisbon's compensation made up a lot of Sergio's earnings. That compensation ended recently and left a gap in his earnings which Hearts were unable to plug. Sergio is one of the best managers we've had in many, many years and I'm sad to see him go. I'm confident VR will sound out a good replacement and wish Paulo all the very best in his career, I'm sure he'll continue winning trophies for whoever he joins.

He's certainly the best since October 2005.

John McClure

Can you share with us the nature of your work? Im not doubting you, just curious. So he told you himself aye? IM guessing both his assistants are away aswell?

Drylaw Hearts

I didn't think for a split second it was true.

GuitarJambo

Cool story brother. Tell me more.

prudence forbids dear fellow

wee eckyfump

I honestly believe we are better positioned than most to get through this, every other SPL club (bar Celtic) is currently going through much the same. We have the benefit of an excellent youth set-up and will still (most likely) have the 3rd highest budget in the league.

Excellent youth set up your having a laugh while i think Darren Murray is a terrific coach further down the line is where it is let down by poor coaching.

southside1874

Sergio often said he doesn't do it for the money. He probably had to pay his management team from his budget leaving him with very little. :thumbsup:

The end of an era no matter how that sounds.

Thank you Paulo Sergio for helping is through a dark period and bringing the cup home.

Good luck in everything you do in the future and you are always welcome back.

DiggersJambo

After skim-reading this thread I think it's clear I agree with most folk; thank you for the greatest (footballing) day of my life Paulo. And for ruining many an afternoon listening to KC & The Sunshine band on YouTube!

Lets see what next season brings...

Gorgie_Rules

and I never said he was on only ?300 per week, I think a few of you lot need to go back and re-read my original post again!

He wasnt even paid weekly never mind it equating to ?300, he was paid in lump sums every 3 months or so (not sure the exact number of months between installments but think it was every 3). During the wages fiasco one of his payments was also delayed.

Won us the cup, unbeaten against the wee team and back into Europe next season, we couldn't have asked for any more from him, great guy and great manager.

Its now time for us all to face reality for the size of club that we are and start living within our means, i am looking forward to it

Best of luck to paulo sure he'll go on to great things.

Quote from mygrandadismydad.net.

Talking about Paulo leaving Hearts.

"Thing is they could employ a broom handle and their team could still turn us over"

Thy talk fondly of Paulo over there too.

But are glad to see him go.

Paulo a legend all over Edinburgh. :thumbsup:

Pants Shaton

Paulo used to get a large Doner fromTopkapi every Tuesday night. Then he stopped coming for a couple of weeks and when he returned he started buying small Doners.

It was at this stage I realised there were serious problems with his remuneration package and his departure comes as no surprise.

Romanov, he couldn't even buy a proper kebab you mad ******* - GTF.

kingantti1874

Doubt all you like, I can assure you that you have no real link to the club whatsoever and are in now way capable of assesing whether or not i am talking shite so I put it to you that you are an industrial grade walloper! :)

You have no way to prove your not talking shite- im not the one making stupid ITK claims. If Sergio was over here for ?300 a week then ,as drylaw put it, hes an absolute mug given hed get more for packing shelves in tesco. I don't believe that for a second. Interesting that hearts have said the same money is available for replacement.. I wonderful who we could get for 300 a week?

So have been taken into his confidence you decide to spout off about his finances on a message board - bet he's glad he told you eh?

Alwaysinourshadows

I doubt we will get a manager who is already on a contract as that will require compensation, so i'm expecting that couceiro guy to be in charge for next season.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thank you Paulo for steering the club through a very difficult period and delivering us a trophy. Good luck in the future. :thumbsup:

The end of an era no matter how that sounds.

Thank you Paulo Sergio for helping is through a dark period and bringing the cup home.

Good luck in everything you do in the future and you are always welcome back.

Just another day in the life of a Hearts fan,another page in the book.I am disappointed but the truth is we cant afford him or some of the players we have had to let go,next season will transitional but we have some very exiting young players at the club.Don't be surprised if we promote from within!

ernie winchester

Quote from mygrandadismydad.net.

Talking about Paulo leaving Hearts.

"Thing is they could employ a broom handle and their team could still turn us over"

I initially laughed out loud at that, but on reflection... the guy's probably right! :lol:

Gutted. Not wanting to bring us down from the cup final high, but really hacked off the club couldn't see fit to offer him a decent deal. Cut back s are one thing, yes I understand them. But the point is we really ARE undoing the rubbish business moves VR began with, not for want of blaming VR but we are only reaping bad crops we have sown with HAVING to cut back. Two cups yep, nice nice moments too. But two finals after all that investment and a situation where legend managers are let go isn't the cherry on the cake I wanted. Thanks Paulo, shame we couldn't support you like you supported us.

I knew the purse strings were being tightened, but this has really driven home the fact that we'll almost certainly be unable to retain the services of Beattie, Suso and Sir Rudolf either.

Bad times.

Archived