Paulo Sergio Leaves Hearts

ritchies75

Sad but not unexpected. Hopefully the club get's a new guy in place ASAP, on the last two occasions it has been within a day.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hannibal Lecter

Sad to see him go, but not entirely unexpected. He did such a good job at a time we were looking to cut costs and the whole wages thing last season.

At least he leaves a winner and what better note to leave after beating your rivals 5-1 in a final.

All the best for the future Paolo.

heartstastic

Would have loved if he could have brought in his own players, and then we would have seen what he was really all about. Alas it is not to be with the cost cutting but you leave us with the best and fondest of memories B) . All the very best for your future and we know your parting words are very much heartfelt. you stay classy now Paulo :thumbsup:.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thanks for the memories Paulo and you're always welcome back at Tynecastle

paulo-sergio_2226272b.jpg

FTH

ToadKiller Dog

Stupid stupid move by the club worth the extra money , would have moved us forward this year . Hope his replacement is not some useless local brought up scared of going toe to toe with the Uglies .

Big backwards step by the club in my view but still will be there come kO next season

not gonna lie, i'm an emotional wreck. will never forget what hes done for the club!

na na na na na na na paolo sergio, sergio, paolo sergio

It's not a surprise.

He should be thanked for all he has done, for keeping things together at a difficult time and for putting an acceptable public face of the club on show to the fans and media.

But most of all he should be thanked for bringing success to the club -- any manager who wins a trophy with us should be respected and honoured........ and to win it against our rivals in that manner was the sweetest feeling.

So once more in our recent history... 'The King is dead.......... long live the new King'

It's never dull with this club !!!

scottish_chicP

Thanks for the memories Paulo. Sad to see you go but not surprised.

A class act on and off the park. Best wishes for your future Paulo.

Not just another supporter but free beers anytime your back in Gorgie comrade! :thumbsup:

allystrachan

cant blame him if they were wanting to make so many cuts.

all the best to him. in the books as a legend now & forever.

scott_jambo

"I'm glad that they aren't satisfied with the change - that is the sign of their character, they respect alot Mr Jim, as I do. The same thing I can say to our fans, it is the sign of character of our fans that they respect who works for Hearts and most of all a legend like Jim. So, one day, if I be sacked from some place I would like to leave the way Jim left, with the feeling of the fans the way they felt for Jim."

Paulo Sergio, Aug 2011.

Mission Accomplished, Mr Paulo. Mission Accomplished.

:shitwine:

I'm gutted, but not surprised.

Thanks for all the hard work, Paulo. You led the club through a difficult period with class and dignity, and ended a tricky season with silverware.

Here for less than a year, but will go down in history as the manager who masterminded the greatest derby win ever :thumbsup:

I wish him nothing but the best.

:sergioyay:

The highs and lows of being a Hearts fan.

He leaves with his head held high. Great man who overseen the best day of my and most of your best day of our lives. :thumbsup:

Who's next then?

Paulo Sergio. You are a legend.

Thank you for everything you have done for this great club.

:sob:

Gigolo-Aunt

Good luck in your next adventure in football, Mr Sergio. You have handled yourself with dignity and class in what at times must have been very difficult situations.

Glad in one respect that this has been resolved today as we need to get our skates on with plans for next term.

Gentleman like i've never seen. All the best.

Another year of mayhem awaits.

Uncle Buck

******* shite :down:

Not a chance Rudi and Beattie will be here next year now.

Cardiac Rucksack

Considering what went on this season, coupled with the fact he didn't get a pre-season OR bring in a single player.

I think he done pretty well.

I agree completely but at times we were rotten. The man is LEGEND and the sculpted the greatest result in this clubs history. But for the money should he have done better?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Stupid stupid move by the club worth the extra money , would have moved us forward this year . Hope his replacement is not some useless local brought up scared of going toe to toe with the Uglies .

Big backwards step by the club in my view but still will be there come kO next season

And where was the club supposed to find this? Hardly a "stupid move" if we can't afford him.

Gutted. I really do despair at the goings on at our club sometimes. And I worry what I'll be seeing on the pitch in return for my ?450 season ticket investment.

Only silver lining is that we might have a chance of Rudi signing a new deal now.

Oh well, nothing for it but to watch the cup final highlights again.

:shitwine:

Gentleman like i've never seen. All the best.

What happened to Csaba Sergio GTF?

John McClure

Dissapointed in this news. The classiest manager in the league, there goes the only manager with the dignity to wear a suit at pitchside. He made all the other managers look like tramps

he leaves with a 100% derby record, and a cup winning manager, and with Pat Fenlon tusked in his back pocket

considering all the nonesence that has went on this year, and losing kello, eggert and stevo, paulo has done a great job. the transformation of Barr and Black is down to Mr Sergio. he also got the best of Webster and Zal. Consistency

I wish him all the best, and i hope he gets a good job down south somewhere

Somebody already mentioned it, but we should DEFINATLY get him back for the derby next year

All the best, and stay classy Mr Sergio

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Devastating news! Genuinely gutted.

Gutted to see him go but not that much of a shock

:sob:

Did well under difficult circumstances with keeping the squad together during the wage situation

Thank you Paulo for giving thousands of fans the best day of our life's by destroying hobos

Top man and wore the maroon cardigan in a very classy way :D

Tommy Wiseau

I am absolutely devastated :(

Thanks for everything Mr Sergio, thank you for teaching me how to be a man :sob:

An honest to God Hearts legend.

Now, either someone who can continue his good work in changing the philosophy of the football club, or someone who will get the fans on board.

Nothing come up on the website. Have they reneged? Wishful thinking.

I am not too gutted due to the fact we should have all known that it's Heart of Midlothian, there was no chance of the club agreeing with him after leaving it so long. Another disorganised summer on the cards.

As soon McGowan scored the 4th goal an offer should have been drafted up. A perfect chance for stability. He loved the clubs, the players warmed to him, the fans loved him.

I didn't agree with a lot of playing/tactical decisions and we were pretty shoddy to watch most of the time but in the long run (which should be considered most important in our situation) he was the man to take us forward. I fully understand the monetary situations but I think the youth players would have got a wonderful grounding under him (from what I've read/heard).

Anyway it's sad to see him go. But, heck, what a last match to have as your abiding memory.

Right on cue all the um bongos flood the Hearts Facebook page to have a pop at Mr Romanov.

:vrface:

Mad vlad oot... and the like

Really sorry to see Paulo go, class act indeed.

As for Hearts commercial management, no class at all.

Pistol1874

I'll take the positives, many good games a 100% league derby record, 3 wins in Glasgow (including two fantastic Hampden experiences I will always remember) one of which was quite simply the biggest derby game ever.

Thanks Paulo, top man.

Best of luck, whoever employs you next is on to a winner.

Na-na, na-na, na-na-na......

The club made PS the best offer it could, what more do you expect them to do in the circumstances?

It's disappointing but we move on, the last two times this has happened a new appointment was made within a day, given the prominent 'candidates' in the press release, I expect the same might happen.

jimmy the jambo

I totally agree,if it wasn't for the cup he wouldv'e been out on his ear sooner.

I went to a lot of away games this season and the difference to the tactics compared to home games was shocking.

The only game we cantered (apart fae the final) was at fester road in january.

I take on board al the pash with wages,however we should be able to beat teams like killie,st johnstone & st mirren regardless to the situation.

Rant over,onwards & upwards.

Napoleon  Wilson

******* hacked off but not really surprised.

Thank you for a wonderful season Paulo and all the memories.

I wish you the very best in the future.

Regular John

Cheers for the cup and that, but our League form wasn't good enough to break the bank for him.

The Great Khali

Now playing KC and the Sunshine band in tribute.

Farewell mr Sergio.

Ya tidy bass! Xxxxx

Robbo-Jambo

On an almighty high for weeks now totally gutted. :angry:

The joys and despairs of supporting Hearts. :(

Thank for everything Paulo.

A Hearts legend forever.

And a true gentleman.

I think Vlad is mad not to keep you,but without Vlad you would never have graced our

club.

You will go on to bigger things than Hearts.

I hope it all works out perfectly for you.

Thanks to Alberto Cabral and Sergio Cruz also.

The dream team.

You guys gave us the best football day of our lives on the 19th of May 2012.

Never in my opinion to be topped.

Bragging rights forever against the wee team

Remember us fondly, as we will always remember you three.

"Thanks and gutted"! :(

"I'm glad that they aren't satisfied with the change - that is the sign of their character, they respect alot Mr Jim, as I do. The same thing I can say to our fans, it is the sign of character of our fans that they respect who works for Hearts and most of all a legend like Jim. So, one day, if I be sacked from some place I would like to leave the way Jim left, with the feeling of the fans the way they felt for Jim."

Paulo Sergio, Aug 2011.

Mission Accomplished, Mr Paulo. Mission Accomplished.

Amen. A class act from start to finish. Just a shame it was so brief, felt he could have really taken us to the next level.

Na na na na na na na na na na na....

Archived