Paulo Sergio Leaves Hearts

ritchies75

Tommy Wiseau

Wee, sleeket,cowran, tim'rous beastie,

O, what panic's in thy breastie !

You've done well, Mitch, had a good run. Scored a few bites, reeled in a few of the bigger fish. Never got me in this latest run though, but no shame in that :)

Overall, kudos on some top class WUMMERY. B)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1962 League Cup winners

1963 won nothing

1996-97 won nothing

1997-98 won the Scottish Cup

He's been a tad more successful than previous chairmen, hasn't he? :)

so that's your measure of the man. the losers who controlled hearts then and romanov

who has mismanaged the club by paying massive wages to players and only winning 2 out

of 21 domestic trophies. THE MANS A FOOL (dads army)

You've done well, Mitch, had a good run. Scored a few bites, reeled in a few of the bigger fish. Never got me in this latest run though, but no shame in that :)

Overall, kudos on some top class WUMMERY. B)

good lad. what i like is we all care about our club the famous HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN.

Geoff Kilpatrick

so that's your measure of the man. the losers who controlled hearts then and romanov

who has mismanaged the club by paying massive wages to players and only winning 2 out

Wallace Mercer was a loser? :wow:

Boab Mugabe

What an absolute holocaust of a thread!

Still, nice to see a return of the mouthbreathers, who've been invisible since the wages fiasco was sorted.

Indeed.

Measure of the man? I think judging someone on his successes in comparison to his predecessor is a fair enough way to do it. Also, just like at the start of his reign, Romanov is all we have. Your hatred for him may be more understandable if he was preventing someone else from doing a better job, Hes not. Vlad is all we have.

No matter what happens from here he saved the club. A fact conveniently forgotten by some but something I'll be eternally thankful for.

davemclaren

We can only judge Romanov once he leaves. If he leaves us in decent shape with 2 ( at least ) trophies then it would have to be seen as a success.

Can anyone on here actually vouch for you being a Hearts fan Mitch?

In my opinion posters who only seem to contribute negative posts and are nowhere to be seen when good things happen are either 1) Hibs fans or 2)Very sad and bitter individuals

Either way, sucks to be them :lol:

Wallace Mercer was a loser? :wow:

Of course he was and football wise he did a great deal of good in the beginning but at

the end of the day we won nothing. beating the lowbees is great but hearts need to win

leagues and cups. that is what all owners, managers and players are judged on.

hearts are a massive club and we underperform to many times.

i hate losing, don't you want us to win more trophies.

Can anyone on here actually vouch for you being a Hearts fan Mitch?

In my opinion posters who only seem to contribute negative posts and are nowhere to be seen when good things happen are either 1) Hibs fans or 2)Very sad and bitter individuals

Either way, sucks to be them :lol:

100% JAMBO is tatoo'd on my arm, followed hearts since i was a bairn. first game 1958 versus aberdeen. was in manor hearts drylaw hearts and craigmillar hearts. fought on the terraces with the gorgie boys 60's and early 70's got married and had 4 little jambo's.

left jobs who wouldn't give me time off to travel to away midweek games. season ticket holder now and again. have shares in hearts (502) eh...

what else. don't like being called a lowbee so take care.....and bitter ! not me ask anyone who knows gordon mitchell and they'll tell you

you wouldn't meet a nicer guy, very laid back and loves all things hearts except liers who con hearts supporters.

nice to to meet you mogsy.

100% JAMBO is tatoo'd on my arm, followed hearts since i was a bairn. first game 1958 versus aberdeen. was in manor hearts drylaw hearts and craigmillar hearts. fought on the terraces with the gorgie boys 60's and early 70's got married and had 4 little jambo's.

left jobs who wouldn't give me time off to travel to away midweek games. season ticket holder now and again. have shares in hearts (502) eh...

what else. don't like being called a lowbee so take care.....and bitter ! not me ask anyone who knows gordon mitchell and they'll tell you

you wouldn't meet a nicer guy, very laid back and loves all things hearts except liers who con hearts supporters.

Fair enough mate :thumbsup:

I think you'd be happier if you chilled out a bit though and learnt to appreciate the good things. Life isn't always roses.

scottishgod

Measure of the man? I think judging someone on his successes in comparison to his predecessor is a fair enough way to do it. Also, just like at the start of his reign, Romanov is all we have. Your hatred for him may be more understandable if he was preventing someone else from doing a better job, Hes not. Vlad is all we have.

No matter what happens from here he saved the club. A fact conveniently forgotten by some but something I'll be eternally thankful for.

Perfect summation of Romanov's contribution to Hearts.

i wish jj was my dad

If Mr Romanov leaves Hearts with 2 trophies and less debt than he inherited then I think his tenure will on balance be judged as a success.

Yes. There have been some incredibly questionable decisions taken and players brought in who were simply filling their satchels with cash without contributing terribly much. But as far as I can tell he is funding those mistakes and organising the club so that it is self-sufficient in future so while that has ended with Mr Sergio moving on, we are in far better shape now than the day he came to the club.

i wish jj was my dad

If Mr Romanov leaves Hearts with 2 trophies and the club has less debt than he inherited then I think his tenure will on balance be judged as a success.

Yes. There have been some incredibly questionable decisions taken and players brought in who were simply filling their satchels with cash without contributing terribly much. But as far as I can tell he is funding those mistakes and organising the club so that it is self-sufficient in future so while that has ended with Mr Sergio moving on, we are in far better shape now than the day Mr Romanov arrived at the club.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Of course he was and football wise he did a great deal of good in the beginning but at

the end of the day we won nothing. beating the lowbees is great but hearts need to win

So Robinson was better than Mercer?

:cornette:

gordon the jambo

mitch there would be no HMFC if it was not for Mr ROMANOV now go and think before you type

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quick question after reading the rants from Mitch.

Has any other club outside the Old Firm won 2 or more trophies since Romanov took over at Hearts?

Also Mitch, your signature - how exactly does Romanov have "no ambition"?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Quick question after reading the rants from Mitch.

Has any other club outside the Old Firm won 2 or more trophies since Romanov took over at Hearts?

Also Mitch, your signature - how exactly does Romanov have "no ambition"?

Since we won it in 98, only Celtic, Rangers, us and UTD have won the Scottish Cup. We have a better record in this competition than any non-OF in that period.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Since we won it in 98, only Celtic, Rangers, us and UTD have won the Scottish Cup. We have a better record in this competition than any non-OF in that period.

Thought as much, cheers :thumbsup:.

Not so bad is it Mitch :lol:.

The question would be is this despite Romanov or because of Romaov.

On balance, most definitely because imo.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The question would be is this despite Romanov or because of Romaov.

On balance, most definitely because imo.

Agreed. Although I expect you to get ripped apart in a frenzy of blood-lust anyway. :D

This is the ideal thread for schizophrenics to post, I've half a mind to join in. rolleyes.gif

Oh! No it's not.

I think Vlad as right to get rid off most of the folk that he did, Burley was a piss head, Pressley was a trouble maker who used his influence and emotional black mail to badger Scotlands top goalkeeper and arguably midfielder into following him in some misguided loyalty cos he knew his own jaicket was on a shoogly peg with younger centre half being bought. Snakily engineering a mover away for himself. Malofeev, Rix, Frail where wanks and Csaba although good in his first season, couldnt do the damage when forced to buy his own players (tho Suso, Bouzid and Obua have had varying success)

Paulo is about the only one that shouldnt or wouldnt need to go of course Its disappointing, I fully understand why he has to leave, thems the breaks.

too many lies have come from him over the years. lies about players have been the biggest reason

nobody in their right mind believes him. i don't like liers and when he lies to the fans about

players its unforgivable. now the lies about managers, tynecastle, a new stadium ect. are his

trade and in my opinion he is not a fit person to be an owner of our great club.

romanov is a bit like the weather, he changes his mind hour by hour especially on managers.

he has no loyalty to managers he has employed, his judgement of employing and sacking

managers is based on a gamble and has no idea other than what his puppets tell him ( and

they will tell him what he wants to hear or they get the bullet) what is going on day to day

at the club.

aye right he really loves hearts...........NOT.

RANT OVER.

the general

sorry if you havent been on the West End Hearts then your not a real fan :thumbsup:

if getting conned means winning 2 scottish cups every 7 years i ******* hope every future hearts owner "cons us" aswell

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Two cups in six years not enough for you?

What a joke. Hearts are competing against two teams with budgets at least 10-20 times ours in terms of wages and transfer fees, even taking into account what Romanov's spent - his company's money by the way, not UK taxpayers or UK banks money.

The best a club the size of Hearts can aim for in our league, even with our current budget, is a cup win and/or third place. We've had two cup wins, two third places and one second place in Romanov's 6-7 years. That's pretty damn good - five achievements out of 6 full seasons. We've also had one shot at CL football and two - three coming up - other European campaigns.

Previous owners, apart from Robinson, were competing on a slightly more level playing field. He's made mistakes like every other owner, but Romanov seems to be statistically speaking the best owner we've had.

And when it comes to hiring and firing managers - our Edinburgh neighbours have a far worse record over the same period.

• 5 years later...

Archived