Well done to the real fans today

freddiemac

davemclaren
Profound

Dave, I salute you. You have made the art of fence sitting a sublime, almost divine concept.

But surely going to the match doesn't reflect sitting on the fence. It's consciously supporting the Romanov regime is it not? :)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Gosling
But surely going to the match doesn't reflect sitting on the fence. It's consciously supporting the Romanov regime is it not? :)

God Dave, you're such a mod edit.

Well done to the real fans today, o.k. it was end of the season stuff ,but what a difference without the boo boys being there .

I am not surprised we actually came from behind to win a game for the first time in 3 years .

No embarrassing booing of our own players when the teams are announced .

No getting on the players backs even after going a goal down

No heckling the substitutes before they have kicked a ball

Encouraging the young lads

So all you muppet glory hunters who did not turn up today .

DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND STAY AWAY

Very Well Said I think :D

Although where i was sitting there was one man who liked to hear the sound of his own voice so he decided to give players grief But other than him and a few others you are very right :D:D

That's what we're all trying to figure out Dave! :confused:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Dear Fellow Jambos,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what I am?

I went today which I think means I'm a real fan but maybe not cause seemingly it also makes me a disgrace who will burn in hell (or something) in a few seasons when there is no team.

I didn't go to the United game a few weeks ago cause I went to Alton Towers and Blackpool instead. If I claim I did it in protest (rather than the fact I wasn't bothered if I missed it)am I still a disgrace? Or am I a real fan?

If I renew the 5 Season Tickets I buy am I a disgrace or a real fan and does buying five of them make me a better fan than someone who buys 1 ST or does it make me a bigger disgrace cause I give Vlad more money?

Yours Confusedly,

JennyJambo

5 seats?

Jesus woman, how big is ur arse?;)

davemclaren
Dear Fellow Jambos,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what I am?

I went today which I think means I'm a real fan but maybe not cause seemingly it also makes me a disgrace who will burn in hell (or something) in a few seasons when there is no team.

I didn't go to the United game a few weeks ago cause I went to Alton Towers and Blackpool instead. If I claim I did it in protest (rather than the fact I wasn't bothered if I missed it)am I still a disgrace? Or am I a real fan?

If I renew the 5 Season Tickets I buy am I a disgrace or a real fan and does buying five of them make me a better fan than someone who buys 1 ST or does it make me a bigger disgrace cause I give Vlad more money?

Yours Confusedly,

JennyJambo

Jenny, just do what you feel is right. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, whatever you do.

Jambof3tornado
How many assumptions can you make incorrectly in one post? You win the prize, old son. Sadly, you also win the prize for missing the point im making. Its not about good fans or bad fans, its about accepting painful reality and doing something about it. i make the point again. if you went to the game today, you told Romanov he has the right to do to you whatever he wants. Fact.

So what exatly did you do about how our club is run then??? Old son,I am freakin 34 years old u cheeky mod edit

How do you know I wasnt at the game waving a banner that said "romanov give us the manager we deserve!!!". By staying away fans did one thing and one thing alone,you gave Vlad your money for nothing,you were not entertained and you failed to see Hearts come from behind in a game for the 1st time in twelvety 2 years!!!! Well done for missing it. Oh and BTW Larry's winner was a real belter.;)

Jambof3tornado
God Dave, you're such a Vladgimp.

I thought that term had been banned??:eek: I was chastised(sp) for using it yesterday?? Can I assume that all the mods are watching MOTD haha.:P

Only a Game
Well done to the real fans today, o.k. it was end of the season stuff ,but what a difference without the boo boys being there .

I am not surprised we actually came from behind to win a game for the first time in 3 years .

I think you've misjudged the situation today.

In your mind ALL the people who having been booing and jeering all season werent there today. Really ? They all stayed away ?

What has actualy happened is that the season is over and the frustation and anger of not achieving anything has given way to acceptance and disinterest.

I spent most of the game chatting about the Calzaghe fight, taking mild interest in the game. I neither boo'd not got excited by the game. Some nice goals in the game admittedly, but it was a compelete and utter irrelevance. Just went for the banter really.

He could have started Elliott AND Mole today and I wouldnt have raised an eyebrow.

Those who boo and jeer WERE there today and they'll be back next week and next season. For now no-one even has the interest or energy to "make some noise" either way.

stress free because **** all to play for, how old are you ?

Old enough to remember the being 2nd Div runners up.;)

How old are you.

I think you've misjudged the situation today.

In your mind ALL the people who having been booing and jeering all season werent there today. Really ? They all stayed away ?

What has actualy happened is that the season is over and the frustation and anger of not achieving anything has given way to acceptance and disinterest.

I spent most of the game chatting about the Calzaghe fight, taking mild interest in the game. I neither boo'd not got excited by the game. Some nice goals in the game admittedly, but it was a compelete and utter irrelevance. Just went for the banter really.

He could have started Elliott AND Mole today and I wouldnt have raised an eyebrow.

Those who boo and jeer WERE there today and they'll be back next week and next season. For now no-one even has the interest or energy to "make some noise" either way.

Easily the best post on the thread. I know people who didn't go and people who did but they are all equally disillusioned and despite some decent goals the overall quality from both teams was dire and showed why they are bottom 6 clubs this season.

ok seeing as you say so i will give next season a miss.

mod edit

I'm getting sick of all this real fan/non fan/hobo sheeite. We're all ****ing in this together, I havent been to many games this season due to work commitments on a Saturday, does that make me a bad fan/non-fan or whatever I may be so labelled? Not IMO.

ANd the ones that are staying away thru some sort of protest, and I fall into that category on a few occasions this season too, are doing so because of frustration at the way our club is being run. Life is full of diversity, so why judge people on their actions simply because it doesnt fit into your way of doing things. Theres too many of these ****ing threads, and that goes for both sides of the "fence"!

We're all Hearts fans surely? Why all the us/them nonsense?

Absolutely brilliant.

Fans of the team maybe attended today. Supporters of the Club stayed away. Of all the games where a message could have been sent to the Evil Bond Villain and mini-him, it was today. But no, you just couldnt do it.

The 12,000 who turned up today are a disgrace, and need to look back on this day when in two or three years time there is no team to watch at Tynecastle, or anywhere else. It will have been your own, apathetic, straw-clutching fault.

But you could have used your non attendance to stage a protest outside the ground or hand out leaflets to state your case and win support to your cause but you did not .

Why not ?

anyways your scaremongering is bollox.

tell the two old guys i go to the game with who have been going to tynie since the clubs golden era in the 50s and will be there long after .

The MAJORITY of supporters have the ability to separate there support for the club from there problems with romanov thats why the 13,000 still turned up and will be there next season and in 3 years time.

Funny, I always thought that to be a fan/supporter you actually had to go along to as many games as possible and SUPPORT the team. There was a time in my life when I didn't go because I played football on a Saturday and in those days I considered myself a Hearts sympathiser not a supporter. As far as protests are concerned, been there, done it, got the T shirt but it made not a blind bit of difference.

Being a fan means you support your team as often as possible, through thick and thin, and if you don't want to do that then OK that's your perogative, only don't call yourself a fan/supporter.

The Vulture
I couldn't get to the game today..it was a bit far.

Am I not a real fan then?

Like me you are a part time supporter, last game I went to was Gretna in the Cup Final. Suppose it's all my fault, I leave the country and Hearts become rubbish. Don't blame Vlad blame me !!! :confused:

You know what, i can`t believe the feckin childish accusations that fly about here.

Some guys pick their games to go to or not to go to. Some guys feel the game ten weeks ago was the one they wanted to miss some thought it was yesterday.

We`ll always be Hearts fans, we all get pssed off sometimes. I don`t need some mug telling me im a boo boy(which im not) or a glory hunter(which im not and never will be) because i don`t throw that around to anyone else.

I don`t claim to be the best fan ever , but i`ve followed the team when it has been in a far worst situation and when it really has needed support, when it`s needed the fans.

Yesterday wasn`t meaningless because some young lads got a chance to play, but in the end it was a glorified friendly no matter what way you look at it.

I chose not to go, i gave my ST to my niece, but i`ll go back for the last two games to see some of the up and coming young players.

At 3.15 i text my Brother to find out the score, Hearts never leave me.

PS...i was buying the grey Hearts 86 retro top from Football nation, quality BTw and recommend it for yer hols!;)

The People's Chimp

TBh with nothing to play for and nobody really giving much of a toss about the result; the team were able to enjoy their football a bit more, and the result? an enjoyable second half. The first was dire right enough. I was almost disappointed when we equalised; it mean my half time exit was ruined.

Oh the agony.

Miller Jambo 60
TBh with nothing to play for and nobody really giving much of a toss about the result; the team were able to enjoy their football a bit more, and the result? an enjoyable second half. The first was dire right enough. I was almost disappointed when we equalised; it mean my half time exit was ruined.

Oh the agony.

Jenny i am fine watched the hobos game with my wifes brother.;)

5 seats?

Jesus woman, how big is ur arse?;)

Was waiting on that one!

If you ever see a white version of Norbit's wife at Tynie...give me a wave won't you? :)

Miller Jambo 60
Was waiting on that one!

If you ever see a white version of Norbit's wife at Tynie...give me a wave won't you? :)

I am a bad fan dont think so.

Been to more games than half the wee wanabies on KB.

Me old boot boy but married now MA HA .

gordon the jambo

ok mate i will stay away 45 years down the drain

always a jambo

A few "fans" sitting round about me in the Lower Wheatfield left when we went 1 down and some never even bothered turning up at all.

Good Riddance!!!!!

Guest S.U.S.S.
A few "fans" sitting round about me in the Lower Wheatfield left when we went 1 down and some never even bothered turning up at all.

Good Riddance!!!!!

So many of the posters posting about "fans" are coming across as "knobs"

Alright that wee fella from Airdrie, you've came back under another alias ;)

:boak:

You guys crease me up ... NOT!!! :evilno:

I went yesterday because I support Heart of Midlothian and I have already paid for my ST

What is the point of paying for a ticket and not going to games?

It's like paying for your shopping in Tescos then going home without it.

I'll be at the next two home games too.

It doesn't make me a disgrace. It doesn't make me a better or worse supporter than anyone else.

If people rerally wanted to stay away to make a point they should have done it earlier in the season, not wait until it's nearly all over and the team is in the bottom six.

If people don't want to go, thats fine, but they shouldn't try dressing it up in excuses.

Chris Benoit

Excuse me one second while i bask in the glory of being a "real fan"

Basking over, i doubt i'm gonna make it to any more games this season so feel free to call me a glory hunter for having the audacity to attend a game we managed to win!

:sarcasm:

I haven't missed a game all season, but I gave yesterdays a birth. Why? Because I get so fed up reading stories in the press about Hearts I stopped reading the sports pages, then I got my dates mixed up and turned up last week!! Only when I got off the train at Haymarket and went into Ryrie's did I realise that there weren't many Heart's scarfs about! Had to wait 2 and a half hours there for the next train home - so it wasn't completely wasted.

That must be about the 4th time I've done this in the last 20 years!

Dagger Is Back

You know sometimes I think this site has been well and truly infiltrated by Hobos posting rubbish on here to widen the split in our fan base.

A truly offensive comment - hang your head in shame.

You know sometimes I think this site has been well and truly infiltrated by Hobos posting rubbish on here to widen the split in our fan base.

A truly offensive comment - hang your head in shame.

Believe nothing you read,nothing you hear and half of what you see.:)

Time for my cynicism pill!!

You get my meaning hopefully,mate.Its trash.

Dagger Is Back
Believe nothing you read,nothing you hear and half of what you see.:)

Time for my cynicism pill!!

You get my meaning hopefully,mate.Its trash.

I get your drift Cecil. It's the only possible explanation.

no booing because of apathy - not because there were only real fans there

if the op is anything to go by there were only low intellect fans there, but I do doubt that was the case

I wasnt there but the only time i boo'd all season was when they brought Zali on at 3-0 down v Rangers

Ryan Gosling

There was no booing because there was no need to. Booing occurs at half time and full time. We were winning at both.

Just read this,quality,fecking quality,don't worry yougster we are staying away.

Don't you get it,supporters who have spent years and thousands of ?s are leaving and staying away not "muppet glory hunters",I take it from your post you don't really know that many Hearts fans who have been going for years,because they would probably put you straight about a thing or two.

Commander Harris

yay! I'm a real fan!

went to the game AND stayed to the end, I rock!

Buffalo Bill

I couldn't make the game due to a family commitment.

Am I not a real fan?

Buffalo Bill

I couldn't make the game due to a family commitment.

Am I not a real fan?

Buffalo Bill

Aye same here,I would rather spend my time shopping with my wife than going back to watch our lot.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The game at the weekend was a new first for me.

I actually left a game at half time when we were winning. It was freezing and I fancied going to the pub instead.

What a part time supporter I am :confused:

boabyarsebiscuit
The game at the weekend was a new first for me.

I actually left a game at half time when we were winning. It was freezing and I fancied going to the pub instead.

What a part time supporter I am :confused:

You're right. It was ffrrrreeeeezzzzing! Biting cold wind sweeping round the stands.

Sky+ the goals you missed in the second half - couple of beauties.

Mr Quagmire

i quite liked the fact that none of us sang any songs, well apart from me and my 2 mates in section N who couldn't help but sing "we own the capital" back to the Saints fans when we scored !!!

I didn't go to the game on Saturday.

The only reason I didn't go was because I was ill...

I am at every single game though...

Jambo through and through...!! :)

What an absolute joke of an OP. If he was actually at the game he would have noticed that Tynecastle was like a morgue until we scored - I've heard more atmosphere in a library. And if he is suggesting that the winning of a totally meaningless fixture is somehow a turnaround in fortunes for us, he needs to get a grip.

We won today because we've found our level.

the only song i heard the whole game was ....

do do do larry kingston./

Voice of reason
How many assumptions can you make incorrectly in one post? You win the prize, old son. Sadly, you also win the prize for missing the point im making. Its not about good fans or bad fans, its about accepting painful reality and doing something about it. i make the point again. if you went to the game today, you told Romanov he has the right to do to you whatever he wants. Fact.

You know no more about Romanov's intentions than other Hearts supporters, Hibs supporters, the media or indeed anyone else who is not very close to the man. Stop spouting arrogant nonsense about how you know the end game for "fact". Yes, he may kill us if we do nothing or alternatively people like you may kill us by chasing him away - you just keep your fingers crossed that your version of the world is right. I don't have a clue what he is thinking and, if you really think about it honestly, neither do you.

Until we find out more I personally will keep supporting Hearts by attending matches. Everyone lives with decisions they make in life every day. Maybe by attending yesterday's match I told Romanov that Hearts are worth investing more money in; in clearing the debt; in building a shiny new stand...who can really know for sure what I told Romanov yesterday [apart from you, of course, as you know all the facts!]

Gavsy Van Gaverson
You're right. It was ffrrrreeeeezzzzing! Biting cold wind sweeping round the stands.

Sky+ the goals you missed in the second half - couple of beauties.

I seen them on the BBC website last night. They were beauties, but I think I enjoyed being in the pub more.

:)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't blame anyone for giving the game a miss. I'm trying to decide whether this has been the most pointless season I've ever experienced in all the time I've followed Hearts. Usually you can expect us to make a pretence at a Scottish Cup run and at finishing third, but one good win at Celtic is pretty much the sum of the season from my point of view. A waste of time and money.

Archived