Where do we go from here.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

All debates are valid in here. I cannot see how we can recover from todays statements at the AGM.

Someone help me out here. As much as I slate Romanov, I have a small thing at the back of my brain which helps me think things can still improve.

Its stopped working after today.

Tell me where we go from here?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Don't renew/protest/MOD EDIT

In that order.

The clubs slipping away from us.

Dirk Diggler

We just have to wait and see.

Nothing we say on here or do with regards season tickets or anything else makes the slightest bit of difference.

One man can do as he wishes, and that has been the case since every single one of us welcomed him to our club.

I tend not to worry about things I cannot control, I'll renew my season ticket and hope for a decent season.

What'll be, will be.

:)

boabyarsebiscuit

If the regime are capable of learning from their mistakes and we do get a decent manager withfull control things will get better. I doubt whether we'd immediately challenging for 3rd, but to be honest, the SPL is so crap, you can never tell.

If things carry on as they are, we'll finish bottom 6 again. If we flog all our decent players it could be worse.

I'm hanging around next season. I think the fans are now the "Heart and Soul" of the club. The club itself, the institution, is a parody of what Heart of Midlothian used to be. If the fans drift away in numbers due to Romanov's actions, we REALLY are in the poop. Players can come and go. Managers (hhhhm, I kind of remember managers) can come and go. And owners can come and (hopefully in the case of the Russian mentalists) go. The only constant in football is the fans. Modern football is rubbish. Nouveau riche money-grubbing Eastern European oligarchs who run football clubs as personal playthings. Over-leveraged Americans with no sense of tradition. Insolvent clubs all over the place - look at League One in England. A **** Irish TV channel putting games on at times most paying fans don 't want. The game's a bogey.

Make yourself a promise. Outlast the Romanovs. Do not let the *******s drive us out. We are the club. **** everybody else.

I'm staying.

Rant over.

chester copperpot
If the regime are capable of learning from their mistakes and we do get a decent manager withfull control things will get better. I doubt whether we'd immediately challenging for 3rd, but to be honest, the SPL is so crap, you can never tell.

If things carry on as they are, we'll finish bottom 6 again. If we flog all our decent players it could be worse.

I'm hanging around next season. I think the fans are now the "Heart and Soul" of the club. The club itself, the institution, is a parody of what Heart of Midlothian used to be. If the fans drift away in numbers due to Romanov's actions, we REALLY are in the poop. Players can come and go. Managers (hhhhm, I kind of remember managers) can come and go. And owners can come and (hopefully in the case of the Russian mentalists) go. The only constant in football is the fans. Modern football is rubbish. Nouveau riche money-grubbing Eastern European oligarchs who run football clubs as personal playthings. Over-leveraged Americans with no sense of tradition. Insolvent clubs all over the place - look at League One in England. A **** Irish TV channel putting games on at times most paying fans don 't want. The game's a bogey.

Make yourself a promise. Outlast the Romanovs. Do not let the *******s drive us out. We are the club. **** everybody else.

I'm staying.

Rant over.

Boaby, well said mate, I wanted a bit hope, and you're right with the Romanov comment.

I will renew inspite of Romanov, not because of.

The Old Tolbooth

On one hand RR stated that he wanted us competing in Europe every season, then on the other he stated that the only way to reduce the debt was to sell our most valuable players!

Work that one out!

Personally, I stated that I wont renew unless we get a manager in, a proper manager with full control, but after today that wont be happening, RR admitted that himself, so now I'm thinking, do I just renew for the sake of renewing, or do I face the prospect of Saturdays without any football.

Gutted likes!

All debates are valid in here. I cannot see how we can recover from todays statements at the AGM.

Someone help me out here. As much as I slate Romanov, I have a small thing at the back of my brain which helps me think things can still improve.

Why don't you set aside the silly things young Romanov said at the AGM and have a good listen to what Sergio, a man I have a lot of respect for, on HTV and believe him. I can assure you he isn't a VR 'yes' man and he is working with another man I respect, CO, in getting things right.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The Pub :cheers:

The Old Tolbooth
Why don't you set aside the silly things young Romanov said at the AGM and have a good listen to what Sergio, a man I have a lot of respect for, on HTV and believe him. I can assure you he isn't a VR 'yes' man and he is working with another man I respect, CO, in getting things right.

I agree with you re Sergius and Campbell trying their damndest to get things right Simmo, however it doesnt really matter how hard they try when you have the Romanovs at the helm who have the final say, the very fact that Sergius and Campbell spoke only once each today, and RR actually answered on behalf of Campbell at one point, tells me that these guys are not allowed their own voice, or their own thoughts on how to run the club.

I'd love to be proved wrong though. :confused:

portobellojambo1

You could have 4 Fedotovas's in there and 4 Ogilvies Simmo, and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Everything at our club is controlled by one man, ably supported by his gormless looking knob end ***** of a son.

Nothing much happened today imo to change anything

Roman Romanov acted like an arrogant clueless muppet. No surprise, but he is the Chairman in name and nothing else. He is hardly ever here, and it is very competent people like Ogilvie and Fedotovas who actually run the club

Today isn't the benchmark of anything. It was a corporate formality. The real key points are the new manager and the stadium. When things on those fronts go wrong, then is the time for mass hysteria

And with that, I am turning off kickback for the night. Had enough of having to go over the same things just because everyone wants to create their own thread on the subject :th_Yawn:

Boaby, well said mate, I wanted a bit hope, and you're right with the Romanov comment.

I will renew inspite of Romanov, not because of.

I know it isn't simple.

But look at it this way. Don't renew because of Romanov. Don't not renew because of Romanov (If that makes sense).

Renew so you can go to the The Castle every other week.

Renew because of Hearts.

Cheesy. But hey. What the hell. You never know. You could renew and Romanov could actually deliver.

I'm holding out for the hope, which I think is true, that Roman Romanov knows absolutely **** all and that things really aren't as desperate as they appear after today.

Where do we go from here? I'm going to renew regardless but that's just me and I would not begrudge anybody for not renewing. In terms of what to do, I'm not sure. For now, we wait. We wait and see if an experienced manager is put in place, then we wait and see if he is allowed to pick his team. If both of these things don't happen then we give up on the Romanov's forever.

Although, IMO, giving up on the Romanov's and giving up on Hearts are two very different things.

Miller Jambo 60

Andy wee Rodney should have a shave.

Sorry he aint got a growth.

Not going to the game that AGM done me right in.:mad:

boabyarsebiscuit
Although, IMO, giving up on the Romanov's and giving up on Hearts are two very different things.

Correct. I gave up on the Romanovs a long time ago. I cannot give up on Hearts.

Today isn't the benchmark of anything. It was a corporate formality. The real key points are the new manager and the stadium. When things on those fronts go wrong, then is the time for mass hysteria

And therin lies the problem. I don't mean to be rude, but I suspect the Romanovs are targeting people like you who while remain unmoved in their opinion, desperately searching for something positive in the long term that may never actually happen.

Movement on the stadium front could concievably be 5 years away, if ever. So Romanov knows that in that time he need do nothing, as those who he can, for want of a better word, brainwash, will continue to attend, and pay their money, as long as the light at the end of the tunnel continues to be dangled in front of them.

Even though people are almost constantly crying out for him to change his ways, he has no motivation to do so, as most people will renew anyway, and none of his actions (no matter how damaging they are) have consequences.

As I have said before, if you still choose to attend games now, then you are basically waving your right to complain about the running of the club. If you didn't like the way the food was cooked in a restaurant, you wouldn't keep going back, then go home to complain on the internet about it, and then get ready to go back again next week. You just wouldn't go.

The workings at Hearts are very simple, and have been in motion for a while. Romanov runs the club, he effectively runs the team. He always has, and always will, have a hand in that. Junior even admitted it at the last AGM.

So put up or shut up, as they say. Renew/dont renew. Its up to the individual. But I would suspect if you do renew then the Romanovs will probably view it as a way of supporting their methods.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
And therin lies the problem. I don't mean to be rude, but I suspect the Romanovs are targeting people like you who while remain unmoved in their opinion, desperately searching for something positive in the long term that may never actually happen.

Movement on the stadium front could concievably be 5 years away, if ever. So Romanov knows that in that time he need do nothing, as those who he can, for want of a better word, brainwash, will continue to attend, and pay their money, as long as the light at the end of the tunnel continues to be dangled in front of them.

Even though people are almost constantly crying out for him to change his ways, he has no motivation to do so, as most people will renew anyway, and none of his actions (no matter how damaging they are) have consequences.

As I have said before, if you still choose to attend games now, then you are basically waving your right to complain about the running of the club. If you didn't like the way the food was cooked in a restaurant, you wouldn't keep going back, then go home to complain on the internet about it, and then get ready to go back again next week. You just wouldn't go.

The workings at Hearts are very simple, and have been in motion for a while. Romanov runs the club, he effectively runs the team. He always has, and always will, have a hand in that. Junior even admitted it at the last AGM.

So put up or shut up, as they say. Renew/dont renew. Its up to the individual. But I would suspect if you do renew then the Romanovs will probably view it as a way of supporting their methods.

Of course it is.

If people care that much then not renewing is the LEAST they can do. They wont be sticking their head above any parapet or running the wrath of angry pro-Vlad mobs on the hunt for unbelievers. They can still go the the games.

Sadly in many cases this is impossible because the frank, honest reason is they do not want to give up the "convenience" and the match is like a social outing to them.

boabyarsebiscuit

That's why people who renew who are unhappy need to get their voices heard. Somehow. And taking it out on the players is not the answer. I'm not quite sure what the answer actually is, but it ain't that.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
That's why people who renew who are unhappy need to get their voices heard. Somehow. And taking it out on the players is not the answer. I'm not quite sure what the answer actually is, but it ain't that.

Boaby, you are still sidestepping the issue.

You talked about "fight" on my other thread.

Could "fight" be defined as non renewal?

I have not got the answers but neither have you, but I am certain at the moment there is nothing better to do other than mass non renewal.

boabyarsebiscuit
Boaby, you are still sidestepping the issue.

You talked about "fight" on my other thread.

Could "fight" be defined as non renewal?

I have not got the answers but neither have you, but I am certain at the moment there is nothing better to do other than mass non renewal.

I'm at no time saying your fight is not a "fight".

I want to go to matches. I want to support the team. I want to keep the tradition of following Hearts alive in my family.

But I want Romanov (senior and junior) to know that I hate what they are doing to Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL CLUB. Vladimir Romanov is not, nor will he EVER be, a budding Sir Alex Ferguson. He's not even a budding Ron Noades.

After the AGM fiasco today, with Rodney the Plonker at his most arrogant and ignorant worst, maybe someone with photoshop could do me a Romanov Junior A4 with "RODNEY! YOU PLONKER!!!" on it. I'll go along to the copy shop and run off a few thousand and dish them out tomorrow.

And on the ST renewal front. If you do end up going to all the matches you end up giving Vlad more dosh.

I want a way to express my disgust with the Romanovs,without giving up supporting the team. For a while I've satisfied myself with childish things like slagging off Vladsheep (sorry, VLADGIMPS!!!) on here, and referring to Romanov senior as a Russian loony and his son as a ******.

I'd like to have some form of expression of my anger outside of JKB. I'm fed up with the "only show in town" malarkey. I'm fed up chatting on away day trips and stating (quietly) that I think Romanov is a mentalist.

I used to think there were only 2 options. Go to games and accept the Romanov wankfoolery implicitly, or not go to games. I want a 3rd way. I want to go to games but to show the sort of contempt the Russian despot and his ****** son (sorry it winds up the sheep, sorry GIMPS, I can't resist it) show to us. If it means ridiculing them via Rodney the Plonker handouts, or a Romanov with a Hitler moustache or whatever, I'd like to do it.

As far as I'm concerned the Romanovs are ****. But I will not have them force me away from the football team I love.

Sorry, maybe not expressing myself well. But the time for all this Emperors New Clothes crap is long past. Romanov's a loony - someone ought to tell the mad fud to his face. Preferably at Tynie tomorrow. And Rodney can GTF.

Well in that case you have to decide whether you are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice, i.e stay away, to potentially help make Hearts better.

Lets be honest, what we are watching isn't a football club, it is deformed abomination created by Romanov who's primary purpose is something other than ensuring Hearts are successful.

If you do nothing, then nothing will change. Why would he? The lifeblood of any business is income, and if that income keeps on steadily coming in, and customers keep returning, then one must assume that he (Romanov) is running the business correctly.

For me, following a football club was all about trying to improve, that is what fans of every club hope for, to get better. Only at Hearts, it works the opposite way. The owner goes out of his way to make the team worse, to suit some other agenda, i.e. signing and then selling on Kaunas players, or something else.

But the point is he isn't SOLELEY interested in making Hearts successful. If his other agendas are met, and Hearts happen to be successful, then he probably wont mind, but his primary aim is NOT to make Hearts successful, and I would challenge anyone who says otherwise. You are a Hearts fan, how can you support such a regime? And before you say you aren't, by paying him money, you are, maybe not morally, but financially.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'm at no time saying your fight is not a "fight".

Sorry, maybe not expressing myself well. But the time for all this Emperors New Clothes crap is long past. Romanov's a loony - someone ought to tell the mad fud to his face. Preferably at Tynie tomorrow. And Rodney can GTF.[/QUOTE]

A nice thought but that won't shift these type of men.

Money is all that matters because that is all they are at Hearts for.

Sorry Boaby, you will never convince me because I believe you know yourself deep down that non renewal is the only real weapon we have.

Even JR now accepts that. But I accept at least, your sincerity.

Outlast the Romanovs. Do not let the *******s drive us out. We are the club. **** everybody else.

I'm staying.

I agree with everything in your post Boaby, but this bit stuck out as particularly relevant to me.

J.T.F.Robertson
Well in that case you have to decide whether you are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice, i.e stay away, to potentially help make Hearts better.

Lets be honest, what we are watching isn't a football club, it is deformed abomination created by Romanov who's primary purpose is something other than ensuring Hearts are successful.

If you do nothing, then nothing will change. Why would he? The lifeblood of any business is income, and if that income keeps on steadily coming in, and customers keep returning, then one must assume that he (Romanov) is running the business correctly.

For me, following a football club was all about trying to improve, that is what fans of every club hope for, to get better. Only at Hearts, it works the opposite way. The owner goes out of his way to make the team worse, to suit some other agenda, i.e. signing and then selling on Kaunas players, or something else.

But the point is he isn't SOLELEY interested in making Hearts successful. If his other agendas are met, and Hearts happen to be successful, then he probably wont mind, but his primary aim is NOT to make Hearts successful, and I would challenge anyone who says otherwise. You are a Hearts fan, how can you support such a regime? And before you say you aren't, by paying him money, you are, maybe not morally, but financially.

Completely agree with your points and have had virtually the same thoughts for some time now.

boabyarsebiscuit

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I've thought long and hard about this - and you probably know I've never really been a Vladsheep. But I am not giving up on the club. We will survive Romanov.

And on your last point. I like to think the money I'm giving the club is going to the magnificent Fernando Screpis in the form of wages! ;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'm not disagreeing with you.

I've thought long and hard about this - and you probably know I've never really been a Vladsheep. But I am not giving up on the club. We will survive Romanov.

And on your last point. I like to think the money I'm giving the club is going to the magnificent Fernando Screpis in the form of wages! ;)

I think people are of the opinion that "it will never happen to us" ie Clydebank, Airdrie.

Look at Leeds. Champions league semi-final one season then relegation the next.

I think that is what is at the back of your mind acting as a break but is is a dangerous delusion.

It can happen to us. I believe it will. Unless we try every weapon available.

Cutting of the cash for a start.

boabyarsebiscuit
I think people are of the opinion that "it will never happen to us" ie Clydebank, Airdrie.

Look at Leeds. Champions league semi-final one season then relegation the next.

I think that is what is at the back of your mind acting as a break but is is a dangerous delusion.

It can happen to us. I believe it will. Unless we try every weapon available.

Cutting of the cash for a start.

It can happen to us. No doubts. I'll still hang around.

One Tuesday night in 1990 I watched my (then) local team Southend United, beat Aldershot 10-1 in the Leyland DAF. The season before we beat them 5-0 home and 5-0 away. They folded soon after. Gone. Forever.

On Tuesday of this week the reformed Aldershot were promoted back into the Football League.

I am not deluding myself. I know that in some respects we've made a pact with the Devil. I just want to keep on watching Hearts for now. While hating the Romanovs. I'll stick around for the ride. I'll respect anyone's decision to do whatever they want (except spin pro-regime pish on here!).

I am not giving up. If the movement builds up and all the boycotters and so on drive out the Romanovs and we still have a team in the SPL, I'll thank you. And you can give me a resounding "Told you so". I just cant see it happening, apathy always seems to win out.

I'm asking the Romanovs for nothing. I expect nothing. I just want to go to the Hearts ganes and have a brilliant laugh on awaydays. I'm a back to the 70s type guy. If we actually win a game with a mad fud picked team, I'll take it as a bonus.

Dougie Vipond

As I've said elsewhere I don't think not renewing is effective action.

If ?36m+ doesn't worry Romanov then a few ?400s wont either. Also believe it would be more effective to protest inside the stadium where there is maximum media coverage, etc. - if it comes to it.

I am not interested in the debates over who is a better fan. Personally, I am fearful of the future at Tynecastle like a few people on this board.

Question is: what do we do about it?

Serious question. Let's get organised and start fighting back.

The phrase "dying with our boots on" springs to mind

Buffalo Bill

I'm renewing.

I'm not a vlad-sheep.

I'll join the protests if it all goes t**s up next season, but I'm waiting to see what happens this summer.

Roman Romanov brought shame on Hearts today. He disgraced himself. But I'll be supporting Hearts next season. Even though I haven't enjoyed doing so for nearly two years.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I'd like to add that I appreciate everyone's standpoint on this matter.

Renewal is a personal choice. The last two years have been a steady decline. It's make or break.

I'm not at all confident the regime will make this work. But somehow, I have to be there to see it; even it we get relegated.

Sorry, FWJ.

Buffalo Bill

davemclaren
I'd like to add that I appreciate everyone's standpoint on this matter.

Renewal is a personal choice. The last two years have been a steady decline. It's make or break.

I'm not at all confident the regime will make this work. But somehow, I have to be there to see it; even it we get relegated.

Sorry, FWJ.

Buffalo Bill

I might be tempting fate or being over optimistic but relegation? :cool:

Dirk Diggler
Completely agree with your points and have had virtually the same thoughts for some time now.

Get to a Doctor.

:eek:

zicoinexile

I'm buying a new pair of walking boots, and I'm going to bag some Munroes.

Gie's a shout when things improve. :sad:

I might be tempting fate or being over optimistic but relegation? :cool:

If we keep roughly the same squad next season there is a good chance we'll go down IMO. There are no goals in the team anymore, and Gretna wont be there to act as a safety net.

Dirk Diggler
If we keep roughly the same squad next season there is a good chance we'll go down IMO. There are no goals in the team anymore, and Gretna wont be there to act as a safety net.

But Hamilton will take the league by storm?

The same squad with Frail (which I don't want) in control will easily see us in the top 6.

boabyarsebiscuit

The same squad with Frail (which I don't want) in control will easily see us in the top 6.

Hamilton have a good manager. It's not a foregone conclusion they'll be the SPL whipping boys.

Kilmarnock, ICT, St Mirren and ourselves better watch out.

Not with Elliot and Nade we wont.

Dirk Diggler
Hamilton have a good manager. It's not a foregone conclusion they'll be the SPL whipping boys.

Kilmarnock, ICT, St Mirren and ourselves better watch out.

His argument was if we kept the same squad with Frail in charge......

Frail's results whilst in charge of our squad would suggest we would be nowhere near relegation.

Why let the stats cloud anyones judgement though.

Dirk Diggler
Not with Elliot and Nade we wont.

Even since Velicka was sold, show me the stats that prove we'd be fighting relegation with Elliot and Nade as our two main strikers.

Frail's results whilst in charge of our squad would suggest we would be nowhere near relegation.

First of all, Frail isn't in charge. And secondly, the performances under him have been god awful. Most of his wins have been pretty fortunate, and for some of them we had a striker who scored goals. The current team with Vlad in charge and Frail sitting on his knee would not threaten the top 6 IMO.

boabyarsebiscuit

Stats are stats. Consistently poor performances are another thing. I can remember 3-0 ICT as a good performance, and a hard fought victory over the Hobos where their spazz keeper chucked the ball in his own net. Who else have we played well against since January 1st? We were a Noel Hunt fresh air shot from a heads-down 1-0 deficit against Dunde Utd at Tynie - I don't think we were that brilliant inthat game. If you play pish you are likely to lose or draw games. Teams that don't win games tend to struggle. 4-5-1 is not a formation to win games consistently.

Even since Velicka was sold, show me the stats that prove we'd be fighting relegation with Elliot and Nade as our two main strikers.

Ok, since Velicka left, we have only scored more than 1 goal in a match once, that was against Inverness.

Stats are stats. Consistently poor performances are another thing. I can remember 3-0 ICT as a good performance, and a hard fought victory over the Hobos where their spazz keeper chucked the ball in his own net. Who else have we played well against since January 1st? We were a Noel Hunt fresh air shot from a heads-down 1-0 deficit against Dunde Utd at Tynie - I don't think we were that brilliant inthat game. If you play pish you are likely to lose or draw games. Teams that don't win games tend to struggle. 4-5-1 is not a formation to win games consistently.

Unless you are Man Utd.

4-5-1 is fine as long as you have good players. Hearts could play any formation they like and they would be rubbish because they have rubbish players.

boabyarsebiscuit
Unless you are Man Utd.

4-5-1 is fine as long as you have good players. Hearts could play any formation they like and they would be rubbish because they have rubbish players.

I think we have decent players for the SPL.

We have a mad fud who knows nowt about football picking the team, which demoralises them. We have a rookie coach who gets out-thunk by pretty much every other manager in the SPL.

The players aint the problem, IMHO.

Dirk Diggler
Ok, since Velicka left, we have only scored more than 1 goal in a match once, that was against Inverness.

Ok,

In comparison to the other teams we'll be fighting relegation against next season:rolleyes:, Since Velicka left how many points have we picked up compared to them?

boabyarsebiscuit
Ok,

In comparison to the other teams we'll be fighting relegation against next season:rolleyes:, Since Velicka left how many points have we picked up compared to them?

Our head to heads against the bottom 6 don't make comfortable reading. ICT beat us twice. We haven't beaten Killie. We edge Falkirk "on aggregate". Gretna managed two draws against us. And we managed to beat St Mirren once about 6 months ago.

We continue playing pish next year, relegation is not impossible.

Dirk Diggler
Our head to heads against the bottom 6 don't make comfortable reading. ICT beat us twice. We haven't beaten Killie. We edge Falkirk "on aggregate". Gretna managed two draws against us. And we managed to beat St Mirren once about 6 months ago.

We continue playing pish next year, relegation is not impossible.

Since Frail took control, which is what my argument is based on?

Ok,

I'm also taking into account performances, which bye and large have been dire, even when we've won. If you base it on stats alone then with Frail in charge next season we'll finish 3rd!

I dont expect you to agree with me, its just an opinion. I didn't think we'd finish top 6 this season and people laughed at that too. Lets wait and see.

Dirk Diggler
I'm also taking into account performances, which bye and large have been dire, even when we've won. If you base it on stats alone then with Frail in charge next season we'll finish 3rd!

I dont expect you to agree with me, its just an opinion. I didn't think we'd finish top 6 this season and people laughed at that too. Lets wait and see.

I agree performances have been dire.

Many performances under Levein were dire too.

I think suggesting we'll be fighting relegation though if we keep the same squad is OTT and the stats would back me up.

:)

boabyarsebiscuit
Since Frail took control, which is what my argument is based on?

With the exception of the ICT game (3-0 away) we have been uniformly pish under Frail. I don't care how many points we've managed to scrape. All these points in the bank this season, do nothing for us next. Even this season it didn't matter, bankrupt Gretna would have saved us anyway. Continued pish performances will however cost us next season.

We should be using these last 5 games to try and remember how to play football. Instead the mad fud will insist on his shop window players and his favourites playing and we will continue to stutter along playing like a mid table First Division team.

My opinion only.

Anyway, time for bed.

Archived