To all the people who left before the final whistle today

Farquar Hoffe

Are you replying to me? needlessly aggressive, hardly the same as what I described. My point was that going to every game but doing what I described doesnt make you a greater fan than someone who cant go as often for valid reasons, but does everything they can to lift the team.

What makes you think I was replying to you ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yabadabadoo1874again

If your at the game you represent Hearts FC ... do not give em (old firm) satisfaction of seeing you leave early.

This is not new information.

Point #8 in the *Jambos rulebook.

* insert any teams name here

Hearty Harry

Before Gary Locke was coach for us he used to come along when he could and I have seen him leave early. Does that mean he is in the category of fan quoted by the OP?

Roberto Rajio

What makes you think I was replying to you ?

Ah sorry mate, just expected to be called a [modedit] by some old timers for that comment!*

Not that you are necessarily an old timer!

Before Gary Locke was coach for us he used to come along when he could and I have seen him leave early. Does that mean he is in the category of fan quoted by the OP?

Dibs on his seat in the dugout then! Desperate for a ticket for my dad! ;-)

Hearty Harry

Dibs on his seat in the dugout then! Desperate for a ticket for my dad! ;-)

You even get to give a team talk!

Heartsfc_1874

I left 5 minutes before the end to get a bus and avoid the rush and will be guaranteed a seat at hampden as 173 loyalty points

allystrachan

looks like the OP touched a nerve. lol

Folk can come and go as they please. it doesnt bother me that much but i agree with the Thread starter, were going to sell over 20k tickets for the final and there will be thousands left who couldnt get a ticket and they will all be moaning about not getting one... but at the final whistle today there was about 4k jambos left at tynie at most. At least the people that left early were there to begin with unlike the ones moaning about the final tickets and not being there today or on other days this season.

but at the end of the day we all have our reasons to go and to leave when we wish & no ammount of complaining on the internet will change that

portobellojambo1

I left when I wanted to, since then I've had a very good night out with some very close friends, and at 12:20 am I'm thinking about going to bed, because I have a lot to do tomorrow. However, I'm now not sure if that is wise or if I actually need to ask the OP's permission.

I can only remember leaving early once, when we were beaten by Dundee United 3-1 in 2007 and I missed Kingstons goal!If I'm in a hurry I'll hang around the exit until the whistle goes.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Like it matters. 3-0, getting battered, waste of time.

What I never understand is people leaving early when a game's in the balance. Weird

Hearty Harry

Like it matters. 3-0, getting battered, waste of time.

What I never understand is people leaving early when a game's in the balance. Weird

This!

scott_jambo

It sends a negative message to the players you say?

Aye that was the effing point. Do you think losing 3-0 against that pish is acceptable?

I hope they got my negative message loud and clear as I left as soon as Little's minging goal was scored.

Chad Sexington

Some banger started shouted at me for leaving 5 minutes early a couple of years ago.

I told him to shut his f****** mouth, which he promptly did.

Maybe it was the OP.

:greggy:

As a non season ticket holder (for numerous years) why would you? :smuggy:

I didn't realise two was considered numerous?

Jingle Bells

Each to their own but even at the 0-7 game I stayed to the bitter end.Would not slag a fellow Jambo off for doing so,though.

Barney Rubble

Loyalty points or not don't start moaning if you can't get a cup final ticket because you don't deserve one if you can't be bothered staying until the end when we are getting beaten.

I appreciate that if an individual pays for their ticket it is his/her right to leave when they want - I just find it poor show.

Bet y'all would have stayed if Beattie had scored that pen.

We can't win them all but I think leaving early sends the wrong message to the players!

Rant over - no doubt this post will attract some of the usual JKB responses but I don't really care.

I didnt go today , but im still guaranteed a cup final brief , isnt life great :verysmug:

I've shit loads of loyalty points and left after the first hun goal because we were shite.

I also booed the wee lassies at the pie stall on the way out as they were bloody useless today.

See you at the final

:greggy:

I didn't even go today.

Going to the cup final though :smuggy:

At Old Trafford aye...

::troll:::'>

joe.gausden

Mind you I didn't turn up until 60minutes had gone as I was working.

Is that OK?

No Dagger, don't think you'll deserve a final brief either! :lol:

Hearts lose, blame the first section of fans that you can think of. I see the German bombers thread made basically the same point.

I take it there's another four or five of these threads to wade through, aye?

Great stuff.

Pants Shaton

Could the club use CCTV to identify fans who left early and delete their loyalty points?

Hearts should also think about having an anonymous text message system for fans to report other fans who leave early.

RoussetsShorts

I've had a season ticket since 1982 and left with 2 minutes to go so I could get served at the bar right away.

What have you got to say about that ###### ?

Hmmmm, can I ask how old you are?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Could the club use CCTV to identify fans who left early and delete their loyalty points?

Hearts should also think about having an anonymous text message system for fans to report other fans who leave early.

Wouldnt it be better to have a special gate open at the end of the match so all the special punters can queue up and get there Smartcard swiped and extra loyalty points could be added.

I like the idea of the anonymous grassing system, for every boo and sweary word you should get a point deducted.

Dynamic thinking Pants, I like it !!

He's ready to take the texts.

0,,10289~3829839,00.jpg

What about those fans who go downstairs a few minutes before half time to get to the front of the pie stall queue?

Ridiculous behaviour.

Us uber fans stay to support the team for the full 45 mins and then find we can't get a pie.

This needs stamped out now. :facepalm:

Dagger Is Back

No Dagger, don't think you'll deserve a final brief either! :lol:

You're right Joe. Think I'll let Thursday at 9am pass me by. LOL

I like this annoymous text idea. That's a cracker.

The Great Khali

Better for it to be an empty stadium at the end of the 90 mins than full of the nutters who sit and boo and hurl abuse.

Where has the OP gone btw? :lol:

joe.gausden

You're right Joe. Think I'll let Thursday at 9am pass me by. LOL

I like this annoymous text idea. That's a cracker.

You'd be better to let Thursday 9.00am pass you by as it doesn't start 'til 12 :lol:.........failing that you could have the first ticket

Stayed till the end at 6- 2 game at fester!! Super fan or wot!!!!

I switched the TV over when they scored their third.

The OP will be incandescent with rage when he finds that out.

Brian potter

I left at 5-1 that game. Does that make me a complete and utter disgrace?

Loyalty point deduction on the cards!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Stayed till the end at 6- 2 game at fester!! Super fan or wot!!!!

I switched off at 1-0 to us.

:pleasing:

Rudolf's Mate

I remember the 96 cup final against the huns with us getting humped. About 15 mins left people were leaving and a supporter in front of me stood up and started screaming at a guy who was leaving with his kids giving it ''part time supporter'' and swearing at this guy and his kids.

Needless to say decent fans told him to shut up! Something tells me the op is this kind of guy!

I think he is just making the point that leaving in droves several minutes before the end is not the way to support cup finalists.

We were poor though.

Gregory House M.D.

I think he is just making the point that leaving in droves several minutes before the end is not the way to support cup finalists.

We were poor though.

Coming out and treating the game as a training game isn't the way to repay loyal fans.

If I had travelled a long distance to watch that yesterday I'd be absolutely ******* raging.

Biffa Bacon

I would prefer if supporter's left early rather than scream aduse at their own players, and we don't need to be losing 3-0 for this to happen :blink:

I left so early yesterday that I didn't even go.

See you at Hampden, OP.

smugqq.png

can't see it personally. i think he's a <8point shanner.

Cardiac Rucksack

Watched from my couch on a stolen stream. I am guaranteed a brief for the final. I may not go to another game this season other than the final. :greggy:

can't see it personally. i think he's a <8point shanner.

If that's the case, then I'd like OP to know that I haven't been to a game since the 2006 Cup Final.

jj.png

Ray Winstone

If that's the case, then I'd like OP to know that I haven't been to a game since the 2006 Cup Final.

jj.png

Full time compared to me...only ever been to two Hearts games - 98 final and 2006 final.

Ticket for 19th May is in the bag as well.

But don't worry I am a top fan - I have EVERY SINGLE item that is on sale from the Hearts shop.

Archived