To all Jambos watching the Final on TV outside Scotland

jambovambo

Wondering if I should suggest this ... but ... a special edition of JKB BarAdvisor with actual bars actually signed up and arranged, and guaranteed to be showing the Final ?

It'll be on BBC, for sure, so UK bars shouldn't be a problem. Nice to chaff your local, English, publican to get him/her to make a wee day of it.

Equally, if there was a way to highlight bars on the main map ... I'll look into it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LeylandJambo

If I can't get a ticket I'm having a cup final bbq don't care what the weather's like w'll be partying in the Leyland household even Mrs. Leyland is looking forward to it & she hates fitba

Any tips for Santa Cruz, Bolivia (long shot I know) would be appreciated :thumbsup:

While I can't recommend anywhere in SC, I have been in a bar a few times in Quito, Ecuador that has a Hearts flag behind the bar...

NewYorkJambo

Can you please add

Legends Bar

6 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001

(212) 967-7792

JamboInSouthsea

Brilliant.

I've set a flag, to show what can be done.

E.g. the bars with wee blue flags are "showing the Final" (illustrative purposes only, for now)

Is this a good idea ?

YES!!!

Hoping to get to the game itself but will check bars in Portsmouth and report back.

Are there many other matches on the day as might make a difference down here?

NewYorkJambo

YES!!!

Hoping to get to the game itself but will check bars in Portsmouth and report back.

Are there many other matches on the day as might make a difference down here?

English season has finished

Can you please add

Legends Bar

6 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001

(212) 967-7792

Already done today, bub ..

St George's Bar

Amwaj Hotel | Nabq, EG15 3CH, Egypt

Looks like this bar in Sharm , Egypt will be showing it....I had a reply from the owner saying it will be on.

If Thomsons can't amend my holiday for less than the Kings ransom they are asking for currently then I will be in here on cup final day....

St George's Bar

Amwaj Hotel | Nabq, EG15 3CH, Egypt

Looks like this bar in Sharm , Egypt will be showing it....I had a reply from the owner saying it will be on.

If Thomsons can't amend my holiday for less than the Kings ransom they are asking for currently then I will be in here on cup final day....

Get in.

I'll mark it confirmed

(Edit - pffft - Egypt sites won't map - dunno what's missing ... tried the "EG15 3CH" ... to no avail)

Valar Morghulis

Working on Fado Irish Pub (273 Buckhead Avenue Northeast Atlanta, GA 30305). They reckon they'll have it, but it's yet to show up on any tv schedule over here. Have the other pubs over here that have confirmed they're showing it said whether it's via an internet stream or tv channel? I'm doubting it will be on Fox Soccer, because their deal is for SPL games only.

Working on Fado Irish Pub (273 Buckhead Avenue Northeast Atlanta, GA 30305). They reckon they'll have it, but it's yet to show up on any tv schedule over here. Have the other pubs over here that have confirmed they're showing it said whether it's via an internet stream or tv channel? I'm doubting it will be on Fox Soccer, because their deal is for SPL games only.

I emailed the SFA to ask if anyone has TV rights here, but no response yet.

Bama_Jambo - I've added it to the map for now. Let me know if/when it's confirmed.

Thanks

Valar Morghulis

Bama_Jambo - I've added it to the map for now. Let me know if/when it's confirmed.

Thanks

Will do. Cheers for doing all this! :thumbsup:

Valar Morghulis

My gut tells me it might be a StreamPro job, unfortunately!

My gut tells me it might be a StreamPro job, unfortunately!

Yeah, a couple of places have told me they will show if a TV channel has it, but since Celtic are not involved, they doubt it will be broadcast...

I'm a bit confused about the SC rights in the USA. According to Wikip, it's Premium Sports that have them, and that's confirmed from their website: http://www.premiumsports.tv/soccer.html

But I dunno if that's a pay-per-game thing, or if a pub would have to be a full subscriber. S'all a bit clear-as-mud, really.

They've got a pub search function on their site, if people want to look for their part of the States: http://www.premiumsports.tv/venues.html

Goldstone Wonder

English season has finished

I'm afraid there will be a direct clash with the English Championship Play-offs which are taking place at Wembley at 3pm the same day (ie exactly the same time). So, if, for instance , West Ham are in the final, you might find there is a clash. Teams likely to be in the play-offs are West Ham, Birmingham, Cardiff and Blackpool.

Remember - PM me or let me know somehow of bars you know will actually be showing the game and I'll update the map

Have had confirmation that Fox Soccer Plus will NOT be broadcasting the Scottish Cup Final. Struggling to think which other TV channel else might show it in the US...

If it's not on Soccer Plus then I think that's the end. Can't see any of the Spanish channels even showing it. Looks like it'll be back to watching some dodgy internet link with popups as usual.

Or do what I did in 2006......get someone in Scotland to point their webcam at the tv back home and watch it over the webcam.

(I should add that this was a very poor quality picture but it was better than nothing.)

I'm afraid there will be a direct clash with the English Championship Play-offs which are taking place at Wembley at 3pm the same day (ie exactly the same time). So, if, for instance , West Ham are in the final, you might find there is a clash. Teams likely to be in the play-offs are West Ham, Birmingham, Cardiff and Blackpool.

Is the Championship playoff not always played on the Bank Holiday Monday..

hudster1969

If I can't get a ticket I'm having a cup final bbq don't care what the weather's like w'll be partying in the Leyland household even Mrs. Leyland is looking forward to it & she hates fitba

Got any space for some Salford orphans :rolleyes: Might have to take a trip to Edinburgh to watch it if I can't find a group of Jambos in Manchester.

JKBBarAdvisor updated.

If you recommended one of these bars, and you still stay there, great if you could check and report back.

I wouldn't like this particular messenger to be shot for directing Jambos to some bar on the day, and it's not on TV ...

I shall be watching the match in Belair Holiday Park, Sallertaine, France. I will also be hosting a celebration BBQ for fellow guests. Have a good day guys don't be to harsh on the Hibees.

Auld Reekin'

I shall be watching the match in Belair Holiday Park, Sallertaine, France. I will also be hosting a celebration BBQ for fellow guests. Have a good day guys don't be to harsh on the Hibees.

Any idea what channel is likely to be showing it in France (if any)? I know it's on BBC1 Scotland and Sky - don't know which Sky Sports channel though - in the UK, but have no idea which channel to find it on in France. Or do you have / will it rely upon having the satellite technology to pick up UK Sky Sports across there?

LeylandJambo

Got any space for some Salford orphans :rolleyes: Might have to take a trip to Edinburgh to watch it if I can't find a group of Jambos in Manchester.

I might have

Have had confirmation that Fox Soccer Plus will NOT be broadcasting the Scottish Cup Final. Struggling to think which other TV channel else might show it in the US...

I thought Fox had the rights to Scottish games

Wondering if I should suggest this ... but ... a special edition of JKB BarAdvisor with actual bars actually signed up and arranged, and guaranteed to be showing the Final ?

It'll be on BBC, for sure, so UK bars shouldn't be a problem. Nice to chaff your local, English, publican to get him/her to make a wee day of it.

Equally, if there was a way to highlight bars on the main map ... I'll look into it.

If I don't make it The Grapes in Bath (Westgate Street) are cool and its quite a neutral pub and have always put the Hearts games on for me in the past. thumbsup.gif And there will be no trouble because all the Bath hibbies (there's a few) will be in the Irish bar for it.

Edit: I will ask the staff in the next day or 2 to see if they will definitely show it thumbsup.gif and I will post here.

If I don't make it The Grapes in Bath (Westgate Street) are cool and its quite a neutral pub and have always put the Hearts games on for me in the past. thumbsup.gif And there will be no trouble because all the Bath hibbies (there's a few) will be in the Irish bar for it.

Edit: I will ask the staff in the next day or 2 to see if they will definitely show it thumbsup.gif and I will post here.

Tops

I'll add it the morn, as a "don't know" ...

Ahead of myself - on the map now - PM me if they will deffo show it.

Lt Chard VC

Will be at Haggerston Castle and they don't have a sports bar any more, its now a sort of restaurant with big TV's set up and although they show football the atmosphere isnt the same. I would think they would show the Championship play off rather than our Final. I recall a few years ago we had to wait until an Arsenal game finished before we were able to watch 2nd half of Falkirk v Hearts.

Anyone know any pubs in Berwick area that might show our game?

At bowness in the lake district, had planned to watch it in a boozer until the fore mentioned Champship final is on, funny feeling that I'll be the only jambo, so nae chance............

Ahead of myself - on the map now - PM me if they will deffo show it.

I will pop in tomorrow and find out thumbsup.gif

Auld Reekin'

This has just been arranged by postings on an ex-pat forum, but the landlady of this bar assures me that they can pick-up both BBC1 Scotland & Sky, and that they have two TVs so they can (and will!) show the Scottish Cup Final as well as any Championship play-off games, if required:

The George and Dragon, 24 Avenue du G?n?ral de Gaulle, Argel?s sur Mer, Pyr?n?es-Orientales.

Hope she's as good as her word! :thumbsup:

I've stupidly booked my stag in Manchester for cup final day. Its also the Championship final day as well. Anyone know the best bars that WILL show the game

I've stupidly booked my stag in Manchester for cup final day. Its also the Championship final day as well. Anyone know the best bars that WILL show the game

It's YOUR stag, stop being a blouse and move it!!!!

Christ, a guy I know is turning down free tickets (and I think he had booked travel and all that) to the Champions League to go to a hole in Glasgow to watch Hearts steal the Hibs' dream.

This has just been arranged by postings on an ex-pat forum, but the landlady of this bar assures me that they can pick-up both BBC1 Scotland & Sky, and that they have two TVs so they can (and will!) show the Scottish Cup Final as well as any Championship play-off games, if required:

The George and Dragon, 24 Avenue du G?n?ral de Gaulle, Argel?s sur Mer, Pyr?n?es-Orientales.

Hope she's as good as her word! :thumbsup:

Map updated !

Over 100 bars in total on the map

What about the in-flight bar!

Archived