Survey on SPL supporters' opinion re Newco Rangers

Auslander

Lets just say indications are that someone is listening.

Can't say much more for now but lets just imagine the guy who started this got a wee invite to Hampden to sit down with the bigwigs what questions should he be asking.

;)

The questions you should be asking are the ones they will not answer but I wish you luck.

Now as to questions that they might answer why not start with how come they seemed so hostile and dismissive of pressley's contribution in the big debate re reform and if they truly believe that fans have a part in the future of the game

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the fair play proposals, isn't it perfectly obvious that the penalty would do nothing for newco Rangers but severely hamper any non-Glasgow team. Why is that? Why look to punish smaller clubs harder when Rangers are the club who have caused this problem?

It's not really a case of what he should be asking. It's much more that he should be saying that supporters of all clubs except Rangers would find it offensive that there is even the possibility of them being parachuted back into the SPL after the way that they have behaved. He should also be saying that supporter numbers are diminishing because the league is already so uncompetitive, and they will get much worse if Rangers are readmitted.

Questions needing answered are. Why is it taking so long to look into the double contracts issue? Why did it take so long for a fit and proper persons test to be carried out considering the BBC panorama about Whyte was way way last year. Why does the SFA and media think its imperative Rangers are admitted to the SPL of they liquidate? Why do they think we need them when the maths show we actually don't and could in fact be better off without them. What will happen to payments Rangers are due to other SPL clubs ?

Just a few I'm sure there are many more

Ask them why they havent said a word about the ridiculous fouls v bookings stats that Celtic have benefitted from this year. Clear bias towards an OF team.

Ask why Vlad has been fined for bringing the game into disrepute, but no-one from the OF has been fined for stating that the league wasnt good enough for them and that they were looking to leave.

Ask how many OF fans have been punished for sectarian singing and how often the clubs have been punished for it?

Ask them if the demand for tickets for a Hearts v Hibs final shows that the game cant survive without Rangers or if it shows that the game has great potential if more teams have a fair go at winning a trophy once in a while.

I can now reveal I have been invited to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday 24th April with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair the SPL's Operations Directot to discuss the survey results.

The survey closes at 1800 Monday response so far has been great just short of 13,500 can we have a massive push to try to get it past 15,000 by the time it closes.

Thanks for the support.

I can now reveal I have been invited to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday 24th April with Neil Doncaster & Iain Blair the SPL's Operations Directot to discuss the survey results.

The survey closes at 1800 Monday response so far has been great just short of 13,500 can we have a massive push to try to get it past 15,000 by the time it closes.

Thanks for the support.

21f86__54100265_doncaster.jpg

Just don't look in to the fringe. Good luck.

Thanks for the support.

:bravo:

No, get the exact same haircut. He'll love that.

yvonnejambo

Thanks for the support.

fantastic work and you are a credit to the non old firm Scottish football fans across the country. Lets just hope ND actually listens and its not just a tockenistic gesture. I know when my son questioned him outside Tynecastle about why it seems Rangers are getting special treatment, considering the way Hearts were treated over the late wages. His response was 'but you got away with it'.

I wish you all the best but the man and the whole of the SFA are all just OF puppets.

Good on you.

However, I think your meeting may end up getting used as an "example" of how they are listening to supporters and taking it all on board...and then they will go ahead and ignore the findings as they don't meet the agenda.

get the mobile on record. it would be nice to here what he says about the current situation seeing as his head has been well bellow the parapet since this kicked off

Guest Bilel Mohsni

See all this what will we do without the TV money graciously gifted to us by the glorious Rangers chat? That would be the first thing I'd be writing in a phone book and repeatedly beating him over the heid with.

I'll take my chances on a brave new dawn thanks... Scraps from the table are not whetting anybody's appetites anymore. :thumbsup:

Overnight we shot past 14,000 responses!

Right, it's the football this weekend, so if you're going the match, tell at least 2 pals and urge them to do the survey, tell them to get their smartphones out and get it done pronto! And urge them to tell more pals at the match, at the pub before and after the match. If enough word of mouth gets around the grounds and pubs today I'm sure we could pass 15,000 tonight!

Also, everyone please keep e-mailing [email protected] and make them take notice, they reported on a pointless survey of 1,650 people about wether or not they care about the olympics, yet are ignoring what is now 14,000 Scottish football fans?! Get 'em telt!

Here's this morning stats:

There have been a total of 14073 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (13487) - 95.84%

Yes (586) - 4.16%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1661) - 11.80%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (7310) - 51.94%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4570) - 32.47%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (532) - 3.78%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (5404) - 38.40%

No (8669) - 61.60%

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

Overnight we shot past 14,000 responses!

Right, it's the football this weekend, so if you're going the match, tell at least 2 pals and urge them to do the survey, tell them to get their smartphones out and get it done pronto! And urge them to tell more pals at the match, at the pub before and after the match. If enough word of mouth gets around the grounds and pubs today I'm sure we could pass 15,000 tonight!

Also, everyone please keep e-mailing [email protected] and make them take notice, they reported on a pointless survey of 1,650 people about wether or not they care about the olympics, yet are ignoring what is now 14,000 Scottish football fans?! Get 'em telt!

Here's this morning stats:

There have been a total of 14073 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (13487) - 95.84%

Yes (586) - 4.16%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1661) - 11.80%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (7310) - 51.94%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4570) - 32.47%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (532) - 3.78%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (5404) - 38.40%

No (8669) - 61.60%

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk

Excellent. Can you provide a breakdown of the respondents by club they support? (To ensure it shows unequivocably a broad spectrum of viewpoints.)

Excellent. Can you provide a breakdown of the respondents by club they support? (To ensure it shows unequivocably a broad spectrum of viewpoints.)

See post #182 though I believe that was back at around 12,000 contributors.

thumbsup.gif

I'll get some new stats out around lunchtime!

Hopefully you are all getting this on your Facebook page! As the numbers rise it gets harder to get more people, so we need to keep throwing petrol on the fire so to speak!

vintage1874

See post #182 though I believe that was back at around 12,000 contributors.

thumbsup.gif

I think bickfest is asking what I asked in post 188, a % breakdown of the total survey by club supported. As this will show if survey is a fair reflection of all clubs and not just the likes of Celtic.

The survey seams to tie in with all fans I've spoke to even Rangers fans who would prefer to start from the bottom should they form a newco.

bigsuperslim1874

Thanks for the support.

Well done mate

I think bickfest is asking what I asked in post 188, a % breakdown of the total survey by club supported. As this will show if survey is a fair reflection of all clubs and not just the likes of Celtic.

The survey seams to tie in with all fans I've spoke to even Rangers fans who would prefer to start from the bottom should they form a newco.

Correct. :thumbsup:

Correct. :thumbsup:

Aberdeen 		-- 1337 responses. (9.43%)
Celtic 			-- 5618 responses. (39.62%)
Dundee United		-- 806 responses. (5.68%)
Dunfermline		-- 436 responses. (3.07%)
Hearts			-- 1385 responses. (9.77%)
Hibernian		-- 1482 responses. (10.45%)
Inverness CT		-- 160 responses. (1.13%)
Kilmarnock		-- 395 responses. (2.79%)
Motherwell		-- 358 responses. (2.52%)
Rangers			-- 354 responses. (2.50%)
St Johnstone		-- 285 responses. (2.01%)
St Mirren		-- 530 responses. (3.74%)
SPL10			-- 7180 responses. (50.60%)
SFL			-- 1035 responses. (7.30%)
SPL10 + SFL		-- 8212 responses. (57.89%)

Mate, ensure you can make the meeting public, I have a feeling they'll want you to agree to an NDA of some sort but maybe wrong.

Take two recording devices. Advise them you are wanting to record and if they say yes, all good. If no then make sure the second device has been recording since you walked in the door. You cannot use the recording but will have an accurate transcript.

Put it this way, if they say no they're going to try to screw you...with transparency they should have no reason to say no.

Mate, ensure you can make the meeting public, I have a feeling they'll want you to agree to an NDA of some sort but maybe wrong.

We've been told we're okay to publicise the meeting. :thumbsup:

Aberdeen 		-- 1337 responses. (9.43%)
Celtic 			-- 5618 responses. (39.62%)
Dundee United		-- 806 responses. (5.68%)
Dunfermline		-- 436 responses. (3.07%)
Hearts			-- 1385 responses. (9.77%)
Hibernian		-- 1482 responses. (10.45%)
Inverness CT		-- 160 responses. (1.13%)
Kilmarnock		-- 395 responses. (2.79%)
Motherwell		-- 358 responses. (2.52%)
Rangers			-- 354 responses. (2.50%)
St Johnstone		-- 285 responses. (2.01%)
St Mirren		-- 530 responses. (3.74%)
SPL10			-- 7180 responses. (50.60%)
SFL			-- 1035 responses. (7.30%)
SPL10 + SFL		-- 8212 responses. (57.89%)

Thanks. That seems to be reasonably and broadly representative (other than Rangers). However, I thought the total had reached about 14,000?

Thanks. That seems to be reasonably and broadly representative (other than Rangers). However, I thought the total had reached about 14,000?

At that stage if you add all the clubs individually plus the SFL it comes to 14,181.

We have now reached 15,363.

Survey will close at 1800 tonight, we have started preparing the packs which will be sent to all SPL clubs.

And I have the opportunity to hand Mr Doncaster his personally.

Lets give him 16,000 reasons to listen.

At that stage if you add all the clubs individually plus the SFL it comes to 14,181.

We have now reached 15,363.

Survey will close at 1800 tonight, we have started preparing the packs which will be sent to all SPL clubs.

And I have the opportunity to hand Mr Doncaster his personally.

Lets give him 16,000 reasons to listen.

Sorry. Misread the stats. Thanks.

It would be great if we could get another few hundred Hearts fans responses.

Survey now closed final figure 16,527.

Will be on BBC Sportsound tonight at approx 2025 half time during Youth Cup Final.

BBC Reporting Scotland doing a piece outside Hampden after meeting tomorrow should be shown on that evenings programme.

Capital FM possibly doing a piece with me prior to meeting tomorrow

colinmaroon

Well done and all the best for the meeting!

Don't let them patronise you!

Survey now closed final figure 16,527.

Will be on BBC Sportsound tonight at approx 2025 half time during Youth Cup Final.

BBC Reporting Scotland doing a piece outside Hampden after meeting tomorrow should be shown on that evenings programme.

Capital FM possibly doing a piece with me prior to meeting tomorrow

:bravo:

yvonnejambo

Excellent work and look forward to hear what the powers above say to the responses.

28f1ba828da611e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Ready. :thumbsup:

PDF version of this report will be available tomorrow after 3PM.

Has this been published yet?

scousejam minor point under the selected comments section for celtic you have repeated one that says

To re-write the rule book for one club is nonsensical to any sense of sporting integrity. If a club is

liquidated it ceases to exist. Full stop. Rangers have been running up debt for years they clearly

cannot afford to repay - that is cheating. They will be paying the price for it by being liquidated. They,

as a company, will cease to exist. If someone wants to start a new company based around the name

Rangers, fine. But it does not entitle them to automatic entry into the SPL.

scousejam minor point under the selected comments section for celtic you have repeated one that says

To re-write the rule book for one club is nonsensical to any sense of sporting integrity. If a club is

liquidated it ceases to exist. Full stop. Rangers have been running up debt for years they clearly

cannot afford to repay - that is cheating. They will be paying the price for it by being liquidated. They,

as a company, will cease to exist. If someone wants to start a new company based around the name

Rangers, fine. But it does not entitle them to automatic entry into the SPL.

Nice one, this was thrown together after work late at night, so I'll update the document at some point!

Imeantasong

Nice one, this was thrown together after work late at night, so I'll update the document at some point!

Good doc.

Have a wee check as there seems to be a few duplicate comments.

Dinny look at him.

Or take a policeman or your Dad with you.

Gives me the creeps.

Ask him where he has been hiding and is he still on the tablets.

• 1 month later...

We may have gone quiet at SPL Fan Surveys but until things develop there isn't much we can do though we are monitoring the situation daily and I do have an invite to a further meeting which at this stage I don't believe is worthwhile until we see how things pan out re RFC.

Regarding our previous meeting with ND a lot of what was discussed has now been aired in the media, however there are some things that as of yet are not and in order to retain credibility you have to understand we will not bring them out into an open forum.

Hopefully you trust us and will respect our stance, the meeting was a learning curve which hopefully will benefit us in future.

We did however send this out to all SPL clubs ahead of todays meeting as a reminder we are still here and havent gone away and will continue to voice the opinion of Scottish Football Fans.

All club chairmen should think carefully on how the supporters of THEIR club will react in the event of a Newco club being allowed direct re-entry into the SPL.

A lot of statements have been made about how we need a strong Rangers in the SPL but ask yourself how strong will Rangers be if they are reformed as a Newco bear in mind under EUFA rules as a Newco they would not be eligible for European competition for three years therefore they would be denied significant revenue streams.

Would a Newco RFC command the attendances they currently receive or would we see a return to the crowds the pre David Murray era due to the fact a Newco RFC would not be as competitive.

Again there is speculation regarding the Sky TV deal which if statements suggest is dependent on four Old firm matches per season again would they be willing to pay as much knowing that they may not be as competitive.

Some Chairmen have already stated that they feel they need the revenue generated by the 1 or 2 visits from RFC dependent on whether they finish in the top 6 ask yourself if you vote to allow a Newco will this cover the loss of revenue you will suffer if as fans who took part in our survey state they will walk away from the SPL follow through on their threat and a large number of fans of other clubs are now saying they will boycott away matches of any club who votes for a Newco to allow this to happen.

We are in no way threatening clubs by our actions we are just passing on the thoughts of Scottish football fans from all clubs bear in mind 54% of fans of the 16527 fans who took part have said they will walk away can you as a club afford to take the risk.

You should also bear in mind that both members of the Old Firm had aspirations of leaving Scottish football in the not too distant past in search of a place in the EPL and given the opportunity as unlikely as it seems would they think twice about your club in those circumstances, no doubt we would hear how Scottish Football would benefit i.e. be more competitive etc surely there is an opportunity for you as club chairmen to bring about those changes for the benefit of all.

The Scottish game is dying and if you make the wrong decision then you will accelerate its demise through ignoring SPORTING INTEGRITY over finance.

Archived