Survey on SPL supporters' opinion re Newco Rangers

Auslander

Rick Grimes

Those who voted they wouldn't attend anymore SPL games are lying.

A lot won't be & it could have a serious impact on the numbers of walk up fans each week. Once people have decided that the game's a complete bogey it will be much harder to tempt them back.

I'll not be at any games involving Rangers if they get away with it.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yabadabadoo1874again

If anything, you will find that the respondents to this survey are those with strong polarised views on the topic and will have a greater propensity to mean what they say.

you must be watching a different 2 horse race from everybody else. the fare on offer isn't the most exciting and if it wasn't for watching hearts for over 40 years i wouldn't go now, but habits are there for breaking. to find out that the governing body is all for cheating will be the straw & camel thingy. back when we were dire and relegated i was still going but a lot wiser and older now with so much more to do than waste my money on a rigged product. this will be the end for many for something that has been dying for years now

I'd appreciate you not calling me a liar. Thanks in advance for the apology.

http://splsurvey.co.uk/stats.php

As of a few minutes ago:

There have been a total of 4760 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (4444) - 93.36%

Yes (316) - 6.64%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (676) - 14.20%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2534) - 53.24%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1391) - 29.22%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (159) - 3.34%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (2092) - 43.95%

No (2668) - 56.05%

Could one of the tweeters please send these results over to our favourite investigative reporter at channel 4?

Could one of the tweeters please send these results over to our favourite investigative reporter at channel 4?

Ooh can anyone hook me up with his contact details or his Twitter? :thumbsup:

Cheers pal, trying to grab him on Twitter.

Stats have now been updated as of 13:08

There have been a total of 6013 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (5664) - 94.20%

Yes (349) - 5.80%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (801) - 13.32%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (3247) - 54.00%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1772) - 29.47%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (193) - 3.21%

Yes (2529) - 42.06%

No (3484) - 57.94%

I am actually really surprised by just how strong a message that is showing, I didn't think it would receive nearly that many responses and certainly not so stacked against immediate re-entry.

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

We as fans of non-OF clubs need to do our bit and make sure that the powers that be recognise our discontent. It is all well and good us mumping away on forums but we need to show it at grounds too imo

All turning our backs is a great idea, maybe if we could orchestrate it for our game against Rangers at Tynie then other teams might follow suit.

scots civil war

can we call this the jock spring or summat

you know,arab spring :teehee:

got to be a handle on this movement surely

I am actually really surprised by just how strong a message that is showing, I didn't think it would receive nearly that many responses and certainly not so stacked against immediate re-entry.

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

We as fans of non-OF clubs need to do our bit and make sure that the powers that be recognise our discontent. It is all well and good us mumping away on forums but we need to show it at grounds too imo

All turning our backs is a great idea, maybe if we could orchestrate it for our game against Rangers at Tynie then other teams might follow suit.

Mesage getting stronger as latest stats show.

Any links to other fans forums would be appreciated as it's just myself and son trying to cope with response and a lot of interest from media now so any help appreciated.

Thanks for keeping it out there.

here have been a total of 7427 responses.

No (7047) - 94.88%

Yes (380) - 5.12%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (934) - 12.58%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (4008) - 53.97%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (2258) - 30.40%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (227) - 3.06%

Yes (2879) - 38.76%

No (4548) - 61.24%

People tend to judge people by their own standards, so you are at least honest.

I did not renew my ST at first opportunity despite the fact it will ultimately cost me more money for this reason.

I still haven't and will not be back if a Newco Rangers comes to pass and remain in the SPL.

There are all too many alternative ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon / lunchtime when you have two kids, more so if you don't!

I need reasons to go, not reasons not to.

Why would they be lying? People spend a lot of money each season following their team. We all know it's unlikely to ever win the league but to have it rubber stamped by the footballing authorities that Glasgow can cheat as much as they want and then have a clean slate to dominate some more? Why would you want to continue paying out when money may be tight? Add to that, why would club chairman bother investing in their teams knowing if they tried to do similar their team would be Gretna'd or Dundee'd while Rangers do not have to abide by the same rules.

And additionally, what's to stop Rangers doing all this again? Too big to fail, so wrack up another ?100m in debt, liquidate and start all over again. If the hun get away with no punishment (or a punishment that doesn't really matter to them), they would be idiots not to try to do this all over again.

i am very surprised that Rangers fans have not gone on and just voted yes to screw the survey up.

Dave

will-i-am-a-jambo

Hi ScouseJam,

Thanks for your efforts in putting up the survey, it certainly looks productive in terms of your numbers so far. I have completed the survey and confirmed via the email.

Just wondering if you were a student and doing a project on this or are you doing it for the love of the game?

Also, do you have any more plans for future surveys? I think it would be a good idea so SPL and non-SPL fans can have a say on the on-going issues. What do you think?

Its certainly been a worthwhile exercise and keep up the good work!

Cheers, will-i-am.

i am very surprised that Rangers fans have not gone on and just voted yes to screw the survey up.

Dave

They'll have boycotted the survey in protest :whistling:

Love of the game! This survey site will cover all kinds of issues over time!

BBC sportsound 18:10 we are on it!

Jambo, Goodbye

Love of the game! This survey site will cover all kinds of issues over time!

BBC sportsound 18:10 we are on it!

It'll be worth mentioning just how quickly your responses has grown, it shows a lot of real anger in what is possibly going to happen i the near future, good luck and be prepared for some classic Chico slavering thumbsup.gif

Jambo, Goodbye

Ah boo, missed it.

What was said?

Talked about stats, everyone seemed supportive except for Dodds who sounded gutted at the thought of a survey.

Talked about stats, everyone seemed supportive except for Dodds who sounded gutted at the thought of a survey.

And I think the stats speak volumes about what we the fans think.

Thanks for the support.

Dean Winchester

And I think the stats speak volumes about what we the fans think.

Thanks for the support.

Don't think anyone could argue with 8,000 replies in just over 24 hours and 90-95% against re-entry. Pretty damning statistic IMO. What I was surprised at was that only 1200 of them or so where Celtic fans.

Done.

This should be filled in by every JKB member.

Maybe Admin can send out an all member email with the link?

Updated stats would have been nice to have hit the 10k before updating but not far away.

There have been a total of 9398 responses.

No (8958) - 95.32%

Yes (440) - 4.68%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1122) - 11.94%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (5044) - 53.67%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (2935) - 31.23%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (297) - 3.16%

Yes (3528) - 37.54%

No (5870) - 62.46%

Jingle Bells

Done,plus added I would cancel my Sky TV subscription(not that I have one)as the results will be presented to Doncaster etc

Maybe Admin can send out an all member email with the link?

Thats a good idea.

Mods?

I'd appreciate you not calling me a liar. Thanks in advance for the apology.

Excuse me, Drylaw Hearts...still waiting.

Excuse me, Drylaw Hearts...still waiting.

I admire your optimism young sir

Done,plus added I would cancel my Sky TV subscription(not that I have one)as the results will be presented to Doncaster etc

While your minds are all on Hampden tomorrow & a possible Cup Final can I ask that you take the opportunity to tell mates about http://www.splsurvey.co.uk and ask them to take part we need to get OUR message across and make sure it's heard by all.

Sky seem reluctant to pick the story up which says it all about their attitude towards Scottish football can I urge you to email Sky at [email protected] and let them know that Scottish Football isn't just about the OF and that splsurvey.co.uk is about giving SPL teams a stronger, collective voice.

If enough email them hopefully we can get them to mention the response and encourage even more to respond.

kingantti1874

I think everyone should email sky and say they will drop their subscription if they help to force newco in

bigsuperslim1874

While your minds are all on Hampden tomorrow & a possible Cup Final can I ask that you take the opportunity to tell mates about http://www.splsurvey.co.uk and ask them to take part we need to get OUR message across and make sure it's heard by all.

Sky seem reluctant to pick the story up which says it all about their attitude towards Scottish football can I urge you to email Sky at [email protected] and let them know that Scottish Football isn't just about the OF and that splsurvey.co.uk is about giving SPL teams a stronger, collective voice.

If enough email them hopefully we can get them to mention the response and encourage even more to respond.

Done! Well done on what u have achieved so far - keep it going.

bean counter

I think everyone should email sky and say they will drop their subscription if they help to force newco in

Totally agree.I posted this on another thread this morning

I've always said that the best way to influence any company is to impact their income\profit. I cannot see how fans can influence the SPL they get their money from Sponsorship deals. So apart from embarrassing them by SPL home fans boycotting games when the Rangers or Celtic visit, these games usually on TV so the pictures would show near empty stadiums which would be bad for sponsors and advertisers, what can fans do.

On average 80,000 people attend Scottish Football matches each weekend half of these are the OF home game so the number of people we are talking about either doing a boycott or display is minimal in the greater scheme of things.

Mr Topping has told us that the drive for change is having an adverse effect on the SPL's advertising sponsorship drive so that's the big stick they are trying to beat us with " rock the boat and you will get less money". As I see it then the way to effect the SPL is through the sponsors so aim to affect their income. Instead of concentrating on the 40,000 people who attend matches we should concentrate on the numbers who don't but watch on Sky\Espn at home. If these people cared enough they could influence the broadcasters stance.

Within Scotland I would think there must be over 1,000,000 sky sports subscriptions if you could get enough of these to cancel their subscriptions on the same day Sky would take notice. The sports pack is currently ? 20 per month on their web site. 50,000 people is ? 1,000,000 a month to sky.

You may think that Sky is so huge that ? 1,000,000 is too small an amount for them to notice it's not they measure and worry about not only income but market share so they would notice the money and if large numbers of subscribers cancelled at the same time.

Pick a start date say 1st June and see what happens.

portobellojambo1

a pretty limited survey to be honest with you.

Has potential but would need to be expanded if anyone was to take note of the results.

I don't think so, the first question is the most important one for me, which asks for a straight yes/no answer. I don't think any fan of any club has to justify why they believe a newco Rangers should not be propelled directly back into the SPL. If the SPL fail to take note of the answers to that one question then you can guarantee they wouldn't be interested in any expanded reasons for voting no. They shouldn't need expanded reasons anyway, to make the correct decision. A new company, which a rebranded Rangers would be, would have to follow the same course of action any other club wanting to join the league structure should follow, Gala Fairydean for example. You apply at the lowest level and work your way up. Does anyone believe that if Gala were to apply for league membership they would be propelled directly into the SPL, I don't, so why should any brand new club be treated any differently.

Archived