Survey on SPL supporters' opinion re Newco Rangers

Auslander

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completed and hopefully this will only spread the word further that SPL fans are not happy with the mollycoddling of RFC(in admin pending liquidation)

kingantti1874

First post have been a sleeper for a number of years but time to come out in the open. www.splfansurvey.co.uk was my idea and son developed the website.

Appreciate all your support and we have received in excess of 1600 responses in just under 4 hours. BBC Scotland have been in touch and may run a piece at 18.45 tonight Capital FM also been in touch also keen to put it out on air.

We deliberately kept it short butadded the comments to help you express your views. Will hopefully be able to provide more detailed feedback shortly.

would appreciate if you can keep passing the word.

Well done mate. I'm sure you'll get the answer you are looking for.

Drewjambobusby

Done. Feck them. Why should they get special treatment ? Regardless of obvious financial penalties for other clubs, with Rankers not being there, why should they be treated any different. If the SPL bottle it, it will be the Final disgrace for Scottish Football.

Thank you for your response to our SPL Fan Survey regarding the future of the SPL with or without Rangers Football Club.

Before your response can be counted we need to you confirm your e-mail address, please follow this link to confirm your e-mail address: www.splsurvey.co.uk/confirm.php?id=1866

Just to calm those cynics re the email. looks like I am number 1866 on this survey good response so far in the few hours it has been open

That would possibly work,hopefully we could see this spread to every ground in scotland to get our message across. :thumbsup:

I am currently living in sweden and they have had joint protests at games between the clubs over the Swedish Football assocciation. They claim they are killing football so the protest goes like this:

Silent for the first 5 to 10 minutes of the match and then they go into one side shouting SVFF and then the other side shouting Fotball murderes. It was interestin to see a joint effort at protest and it gathered a lot of interest. Im not sure if it made much difference though.

Looked like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4_h9msY5U

Out of interest what clubs do you guys support?

I thought the survey was a fine length as I usually get fed up and don't complete surveys. Comments section was good.

Good luck with it I will listen to sportsound tonight

Hibees, actually! But I'm sure we can see past that fact for the greater good of our game!

The response has been absolutely fantastic, I doff my cap to you all, lets hope this gains more and more momentum.

I'm going to do some work on the site and start getting some of the data up there so people can see what's being said. As said on the site, e-mail addresses will not be revealed, they're used to simply verify responses and help prevent people trying to abuse the survey.

:thumbsup:

EDIT: Could an admin possibly change the username to SPL Fan Surveys? We did try to register before but obviously you have a mod queue before allowing new members to post.

Done. Does anybody know what media outlets the results will be passed on to?

As many as possible, and the results will be on the site and hopefully updating in realtime, going to a little coding on it tonight.

Coburg Hearts

Appreciate all your support and we have received in excess of 1600 responses in just under 4 hours. BBC Scotland have been in touch and may run a piece at 18.45 tonight Capital FM also been in touch also keen to put it out on air.

Done!! Apart from Kickback, what other forums have you asked to help? Good luck. :thumbsup:

Hibees, actually! But I'm sure we can see past that fact for the greater good of our game!

:thumbsup:

You are excused on this occasion. ;)

I'd have thought Pies and Bovril would be a good forum for this ?

Already on there tried the Sheep & Arabs footie mad sites but still waiting for verification so I can post thread on there.

Stuck in work on nights so restricted in what I can do tonight so relying on you guys to help keep it out there.

So far over 3100 responses in just over 7 hours and over 3000 responding no to a Newco in the SPL.

We got a mention on reporting Scotland hopefully post a link later.

If you know anyone on rival boards ask them to start a thread and post the link to www.splsurvey.co.uk

We appreciate your support it's important we put our differences to one side for the greater good of the scottish game.

First post have been a sleeper for a number of years but time to come out in the open. www.splfansurvey.co.uk was my idea and son developed the website.

We deliberately kept it short butadded the comments to help you express your views. Will hopefully be able to provide more detailed feedback shortly.

Nice mention you got on Reporting Scotland, including highlighting a comment from a Hearts fan along the lines of "SPL would be even more of a laughing stock if a Newco was parachuted straight back in".

Of course, they had to be "balanced" and interview the usual gormless orc outside Ibrox seething about the rest of the SPL trying to financially hamstring his club :rolleyes: Maybe if your club hadn't cheated all the other clubs by dodging taxes to gain a financial advantage you might have got some sympathy!

If a Rangers Newco were immediately welcomed back in to the SPL "I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all - 54.00% "...WOW

EDIT: Could an admin possibly change the username to SPL Fan Surveys? We did try to register before but obviously you have a mod queue before allowing new members to post.

You could PM either Dexter or Ulysses and see if that helps. They may not notice otherwise.

Seems like your getting a really big response mate and a bit of attention from the media. Hopefully you can the survey moving on the other SPL club's forum's soon......good to see somebody trying to give a voice to the silent majority.

No worries bud! Good luck with the survey and I hope 10x that number at least complete it for you.

Johanes de Silentio

Already on there tried the Sheep & Arabs footie mad sites but still waiting for verification so I can post thread on there.

Stuck in work on nights so restricted in what I can do tonight so relying on you guys to help keep it out there.

So far over 3100 responses in just over 7 hours and over 3000 responding no to a Newco in the SPL.

We got a mention on reporting Scotland hopefully post a link later.

If you know anyone on rival boards ask them to start a thread and post the link to www.splsurvey.co.uk

We appreciate your support it's important we put our differences to one side for the greater good of the scottish game.

I'm an aetheist, but God bless you, man! :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

http://splsurvey.co.uk/stats.php

Some stats here guys, I'm going to try and get as much as possible live including comments, but I'm fighting a ******* of a migraine! As it's early days we will really start to hit the press tomorrow.

This is a survey to convey how non-Rangers fans feel about a new-co, so I hope those b******s don't hijack it.

This is a survey to convey how non-Rangers fans feel about a new-co, so I hope those b******s don't hijack it.

Thread on follow follow highlighting survey so they are already starting to hijack it. One of deluded Huns posted his comment on the survey on FF for his bum chums to see.

Quote: As a Rangers fan I do not want any 'Newco' admitted back in to the SPL. I think it only right that we start in the third division and be made work our way back up. I also look forward to being joined in the third division by 75% of the other SPL teams when they are liquidated soon after :-)

yabadabadoo1874again

Survey had more than enough responses late yesterday to have robust and statistically significant data sets. Should be closed now (or late yesterday) and reported on, if it is a view on non old firm fans opinion that's required.

Guest GhostHunter

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (3788) - 93.67%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2168) - 53.61%.

Says it all really.

Doncaster GTF.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (3788) - 93.67%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2168) - 53.61%.

Says it all really.

Doncaster GTF.

That would be a laugh.

6,500 average at Hearts games.

4,500 at hibs

2,000 average at St Johnstone.

http://splsurvey.co.uk/stats.php

As of a few minutes ago:

There have been a total of 4760 responses.

No (4444) - 93.36%

Yes (316) - 6.64%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (676) - 14.20%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (2534) - 53.24%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (1391) - 29.22%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (159) - 3.34%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (2092) - 43.95%

No (2668) - 56.05%

Those who voted they wouldn't attend anymore SPL games are lying.

I lied , but for a good cause.

Those who voted they wouldn't attend anymore SPL games are lying.

I'm not. The one word that I've never seen mentioned by the media in this whole sorry story is CHEAT. Rangers have CHEATED their way to numerous trophies over the last 20 years, spending money they didn't have. If they are liquidated they will have CHEATED the taxpayers of this country out of ?100 million +

If any newco get the go-ahead to join the SPL then I'm done with spending my money on a corrupt product and I'll find something else to do on a Saturday. I went to my first game in 1964 so it will be a hard habit to break but I'm afraid that's how strongly I feel about it

I'm not lying either, the way I see it if Newco get back in to the SPL then as far as I'm concerned the SPL is a sham. I wont pay money to watch something that has already been decided in a Glaswegian boardroom. If this happens then IMO the best outcome would be for the 10 "Honest" members resign and apply to join the SFL possibly taking SKY and ESPN with them. Sod the 2 year notice rule!

Archived