Skatch always a Jambo........

Clerry Jambo

Has anyone got these quotes from Rudi?

Missed them at the time and still haven't had a look. Cheers.

I can't be arsed looking for them, to be honest. Definitely remember him making them, though - something was directly from him saying that he'd been trying to avoid injury (cue some tedious ****er saying that I can't prove it - probably could if I could be arsed, but why bother?)

As for what people are saying about him being better than the current mob, of course he ****ing was - you're speaking like they don't get any stick. People are looking at the past through rose tinted spectacles, Skacel was immense for half a season then couldn't be arsed afterwards. If you look at how Paul Hartley played before leaving, that's what you want - regardless of a quote that I can't be arsed finding citation for, Skacel was obviously giving less than 100%, which was highly unprofessional.

Basically just not what you'd get from a true pro like Neil MacFarlane, in summary.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for this. Hadn't seen it before. Fantastic.

That atmosphere, optimism, excitement, entertainment, that's what we had then. Highlights of one guy giving us more entertainment than the last 2 seasons.

What a criminal waste.

Thanks for the memories.

I have to agree, we really were flying.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Good player / star SPL player (when he tried) - excellent memories - hasn't really settled anywhere - disappointing he told fans he'd stay if we got champions league but then left anyway - badge kissing was fake sentiment.

Who's to say he didn't want to stay but circumstances changed?

At any other club then yes, it would be seen as a bit two faced but for all we know Romanov insisted he was sold at profit. It was 1 million quid profit.

One thing I've learned during this regime is things are never what they seem to be.

I can't be arsed looking for them, to be honest. Definitely remember him making them, though - something was directly from him saying that he'd been trying to avoid injury (cue some tedious ****er saying that I can't prove it - probably could if I could be arsed, but why bother?)

As for what people are saying about him being better than the current mob, of course he ****ing was - you're speaking like they don't get any stick. People are looking at the past through rose tinted spectacles, Skacel was immense for half a season then couldn't be arsed afterwards. If you look at how Paul Hartley played before leaving, that's what you want - regardless of a quote that I can't be arsed finding citation for, Skacel was obviously giving less than 100%, which was highly unprofessional.

Basically just not what you'd get from a true pro like Neil MacFarlane, in summary.

Sorry to be a tedious fecker but I would have to see the quote before I change my opinion.

Basically I don't believe he said that or his words were twisted.

2nd best hartley i think you meant to say!!

haha, not a chance mate. Good player that season and all, look at the stats and the entertainment factor....Skacel was the better player....by a bit.

No he wasn't.Nowhere near player of the year in Scotland that season. Gordon and Hartley got more votes than him.So he was nowhere near Hearts player of the year far less Scotlands.We got the best 6 months of his career.He has not come close to that form since.Looks like it was a good deal for Hearts getting a million+ fee for him.

I didnt mean what the votes etc were.....do you think the truly represent the best players year on year?

He was better than Hartley that season, the only players close to him were Gordon and Nakamura.

Good player, played some good games for Hearts, but I could name dozens better.

1.5 mil was a great piece of business.

I'd take Skacel giving 70% over half of the imposters we currently have.

I'd take Skacel giving 5% over Clum.

Is Skacel's 70% better than Robbie's 100%?

Come to that is Skacel's 5% better than Robbie's 100%?

;)

What the difference in slating a player for allegedly not trying in order to avoid an injury and ruin his transfer chances

and say

Not slating a owner who prevents important players playing in the team to avoid injury and ruining transfer chances.....

Rudi Skacel

Singularly the most exciting player I've seen in maroon jersey for 2 decades

Wouldnt have been second or won the Scottish cup without him

Anyone who wishes him good riddance or a waste of space cannot be a true Hearts fan

If ,as is being said on here by some,Skacel only played half a season,how on earth did he manage to score our goal in the cup final and should have had a penalty,oh and lets not forget he also had a great game against Hibs in the semi-final.

Just wondering, because you see these games were played in the second half off the season,strange, no.

Rudi is not a Jambo - he ceased being a Jambo when he admitted he did not try for half a season as he did not want to get injured and jeopordise a move to another club - no matter the politics, that was disgraceful and I for one hope he never wears a Hearts jersey again - he does not deserve such an honour. He was just a Burley lover until their lover's tiff ended his Southampton career.

If ,as is being said on here by some,Skacel only played half a season,how on earth did he manage to score our goal in the cup final and should have had a penalty,oh and lets not forget he also had a great game against Hibs in the semi-final.

Just wondering, because you see these games were played in the second half off the season,strange, no.

I have just said what you were questioning - and in answer to your question - it was Rudi who made the claim himself.

We_are_the_Hearts
I have just said what you were questioning - and in answer to your question - it was Rudi who made the claim himself.

Prove it. Can only remember Vlad saying it.

How anyone can slate Rudi is pathetic. Yeah lets get 10 Neilsens or 10 Elliotts playing every week. Me, I want to be entertained and Rudi did that better than most. Top quality stuff all season, him and Hartley played with a swagger that season, taking the single fish out the Hobos and OF a few times!

Rudi is not a Jambo - he ceased being a Jambo when he admitted he did not try for half a season as he did not want to get injured and jeopordise a move to another club - no matter the politics, that was disgraceful and I for one hope he never wears a Hearts jersey again - he does not deserve such an honour. He was just a Burley lover until their lover's tiff ended his Southampton career.

Okay then ,who in you opinion is a jambo at the club right now,now that 2 players have come out and said that there are players "not trying".

Snake Plissken

The manner of his departure may leave a sour taste but I prefer to remember that whenever the he got the ball anywhere near the goal something happened.

Not many players I've seen that the place lights up when he gets the ball, the stats don't lie - 17 goals, 10 assists. Most players can only dream of being capable of that sort of contribution.

Thanks Rudi.

blondejamtart
The manner of his departure may leave a sour taste but I prefer to remember that whenever the he got the ball anywhere near the goal something happened.

Not many players I've seen that the place lights up when he gets the ball, the stats don't lie - 17 goals, 10 assists. Most players can only dream of being capable of that sort of contribution.

Thanks Rudi.

Sums up how I feel too. Whatever anyone feels about Rudi trying or not trying or the circumstances under which he came to leave the club, I can't believe anyone thinks we couldn't use a player who could produce those sort of statistics right now.

Clerry Jambo
Prove it. Can only remember Vlad saying it.

How anyone can slate Rudi is pathetic. Yeah lets get 10 Neilsens or 10 Elliotts playing every week. Me, I want to be entertained and Rudi did that better than most. Top quality stuff all season, him and Hartley played with a swagger that season, taking the single fish out the Hobos and OF a few times!

Spot on mate but it's not rocket science is it!!

His performance against Dunfermline?

Also people seem to forget there were 2 people who suffered Vlad-flu before Webster-gate

Takis Fyssas and Rudi Skacel in the cup game the week before

People also seem to remember that in the second half of the season Rudi became increasingly marginalised by Romanov and didnt start every game.

It is clear the rot set in between Vlad and Rudi not long after half way thru the season, and it is clear his position in the team was less secure after that.

IF Rudi did make any claim about not trying it is much more likely this was a GIRUY to Vlad for being a dlck

Anyone who wishes him good riddance or a waste of space cannot be a true Hearts fan

Good man - can't have a disagreement on Kickback without someone bringing out that tedious ****e. Well done for stepping up to the plate.

You've answered your own question. Those were about the only two things that he did in the second half of that season.

Good man - can't have a disagreement on Kickback without someone bringing out that tedious ****e. Well done for stepping up to the plate.

Not saying anything about better supporters or accusing anyone of being a hobo.

I dont seriously believe anyone that wishes Skacel any ill and would never have him back at the club if cirumstances changed has the best footballing interests of Hearts at heart.

FFS he is even still banging on about his fondness for the club and its fans even though he gains nothing at all from doing so.

Even nutjob Romanov commented that we needed to replace the skills of Skacel and in an interview in close season 2006 stated that the club was working on doing so - something else which has not materialised.

I presume you want the same fate to befall Vlad for keeping players out of the team to ensure transfers are not scuppered as you do Rudi?

Drylaw Hearts
Good player, played some good games for Hearts, but I could name dozens better.

Dozens better ???

For Hearts ???

Not players that played within the last 40 years you couldn't.

MackaysCentreSpot
Someone who admitted that he was not giving 100% in the biggest run of games in our recent history.

Feck him and his opinion.

Spot on mate.

I for one do not give a feck what Skacel thinks.

Clerry Jambo
Spot on mate.

I for one do not give a feck what Skacel thinks.

I'm sure Skatch disnae gie a feck what you think either:p

I think some hearts fans should get a reality check at the moment - in terms of where we stand in Scottish, never mind European footie.

The lad was class, my god a goal scorer as well, and certain factions of our support still have a go because he wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "allegedly" no tryin - aw feckin diddums.

Not saying anything about better supporters or accusing anyone of being a hobo.

I dont seriously believe anyone that wishes Skacel any ill and would never have him back at the club if cirumstances changed has the best footballing interests of Hearts at heart.

FFS he is even still banging on about his fondness for the club and its fans even though he gains nothing at all from doing so.

Even nutjob Romanov commented that we needed to replace the skills of Skacel and in an interview in close season 2006 stated that the club was working on doing so - something else which has not materialised.

I presume you want the same fate to befall Vlad for keeping players out of the team to ensure transfers are not scuppered as you do Rudi?

Not quite sure what you're getting at with the last sentence - I don't care what happens to Rudi in his career from now on, but that doesn't mean that I wish any particular ill on him - just wish he'd shut the **** up about how much he cared about Hearts. He could've showed it on the pitch if he cared that much, we'd have gained a lot more from that.

Obviously I'd like to have a player of his ability back now - provided that he was giving 100% - and it goes without saying that he hasn't been replaced, but it still sticks in the throat that a player who obviously wasn't trying as hard as he could've been for half of his time at Hearts is now going on about how much he loves the club.

I think some hearts fans should get a reality check at the moment - in terms of where we stand in Scottish, never mind European footie.

The lad was class, my god a goal scorer as well, and certain factions of our support still have a go because he wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "allegedly" no tryin - aw feckin diddums.

Don't think that anyone's saying that they wouldn't take him back or that we could afford to be without a player of that ability, but that's not actually what the thread's about. The thread's about him and his professed love for Hearts.

As for your second paragraph, er, yes. Regardless of ability, it makes me angry when any player obviously isn't trying their hardest. Don't see the problem with that?

Frankenstein Jambo.
Club politics fecked Rudi up and has also fecked us up for the last two seasons.

Romanov`s man management has been sheeite. One minute he`s saying he would`nt stand in anyones way who wanted to progress themselves but went on to have a vendetta against players, then on the other hand he`s getting rid of a manager who won`t commit longer than 2 years who hadn`t even been at the club for half that term.

Rudi wqs great , end of. Yes, he tailed off a bit but then players do that funnily enough,if you understand football. Then he came back and played well in the final. He could and should have had a hat trick.

I wouldn`t say thats not trying.

Christiano Ronaldo hasn't

Denny Crane

The only player captured on camera orally launching a projectile with a black border around it at a Celtic player. Anyone remember that farce?

Dozens better ???

For Hearts ???

Not players that played within the last 40 years you couldn't.

Well, we could argue all day who's better and who isn't, but in my mind, all of the following are:

Robertson

Colquhoun

McCann

Cameron

Weir

Jardine

Levein

Hartley

Gordon

Mackay

Naysmith

McLaren

There's the first dozen, without even thinking about it.

Ruuuuudi!

The most exciting player of the Romanov era with ease. A wonderful player who could have gone on to Laudrup and Larsson status if he maintaned his form and we'd kept a certain manager.

here here!!

who knows what would have been.....

gorgie twins

We have to say that we do believe that Rudi still holds affection for the club (probably as much as Takis Fysass does). Months after he left Hearts (probably about 6-8 months after) we saw Rudi in the Hearts' Shop at Tynie buying a whole load of Hearts gear (spent a pretty penny doing so we might add)!! Now if he did not hold any affection for the Club why would he do that??

bigis semiauskas

Anyone who can possibly criticise Skacel in anyway aint got a clue!

He was one of the few players who made me look forward to match day at Tynie and the games couldnt come quick enough.

He had power,skill and knew where the net was,going to Tynie now i look forward to the final whistle.

Also stars in one of my favourite YouTube videos:

Classic !

He'll be folklore in a few years once the dust has settled.

I'd have him back in a shot. Mind you, I wonder what set of circumstances existed that would encourage him to want to leave in the first place ?

It's not as if the management structure/player selection etc at Tynie is flawed in any way now is it ??

Makes you want to cry,then punch feck out off Vlad and all these ***** on here saying GTF.

There's only been 4 players at Tynecastle I can think of just now in the past 15 years that had me on the edge off my seat every time they got the ball and Skacel was probably the most exciting,the others,John Robertson,Alan Johnston and believe it or not Jean-Louis Valois.

Drylaw Hearts
Well, we could argue all day who's better and who isn't, but in my mind, all of the following are:

Robertson

Colquhoun

McCann

Cameron

Weir

Jardine

Levein

Hartley

Gordon

Mackay

Naysmith

McLaren

There's the first dozen, without even thinking about it.

A better player than Skacel ?

Really ?

John Findlay
I thought he was a smashing player, but I don't really care about anything he says.

A journeyman footballer who shined for us.

Buffalo Bill

Spot on BB spot on.

Every dog has it's day and Rudi Skacel's was from Aug 2005- Jan1st 2006.

John

Father Tiresias
........ and Rudi Skacel's was from Aug 2005- Jan1st 2006.

A heady mixture of a very happy player in a good side all pulling in the same direction coached by a good manager..........

Ah, if it had only lasted!!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Spot on BB spot on.

John

:evilno:

John Findlay

I said at the time on here that Rudi was a lazy player and pulled out of 505/50s all the time. My opinion has not changed and never will.

John

Era Macaroons

EXCELLENT VIEWING..thanks for posting that link

We are mugs not holding on to Rudi and other players such as this....the entire reason for our current predicament.

Clerry Jambo
I said at the time on here that Rudi was a lazy player and pulled out of 505/50s all the time. My opinion has not changed and never will.

John

Sorry John but that is nonsense.

Individual players will try harder than the next, thats how it works.

Rudi done his talking in the final third, christ don't we need that NOW:sad:

Hearts fans of late really are getting very hard to please, probably because of THAT season.

Come back down to earth and just remember the fitba you were watching, not just from Rudi but the whole side.

Rudi just happened to be the guy who finished things off.

Chip Douglas
Spot on BB spot on.

John

Pile of pash.

He's a great wee player and is currently playing well again for Hertha Berlin, but you probably don't know that, because evidently you think Hearts are the pinnacle for the modern day professional footballer.

One of the best players I've seen in a Hearts jersey and certainly the best left footer.

Pile of pash.

He's a great wee player and is currently playing well again for Hertha Berlin, but you probably don't know that, because evidently you think Hearts are the pinnacle for the modern day professional footballer.

One of the best players I've seen in a Hearts jersey and certainly the best left footer.

Exactly.

First time I've ever seen a 'journeyman' with a left peg like that. :eek:

John Findlay
Pile of pash.

You can call it a pile of pash all you want but if Rudi Skacel is the best left footed player you have ever seen at Hearts then you havent been watching Hearts for long. Take away his goals during games and Rudi Skacel gave the team very little. He is a lazy player and he wont go in for tackles especially 50/50s in a nutshell he chickens out of them. Czech republic coach is in agreement with me.

Two players with better left foots than Rudi Skacel. Eammon Bannon and Neil McCann(before his very serious injury). In my humble opinion of course.

John

You can call it a pile of pash all you want but if Rudi Skacel is the best left footed player you have ever seen at Hearts then you havent been watching Hearts for long. Take away his goals during games and Rudi Skacel gave the team very little. He is a lazy player and he wont go in for tackles especially 50/50s in a nutshell he chickens out of them. Czech republic coach is in agreement with me.

Two players with better left foots than Rudi Skacel. Eammon Bannon and Neil McCann(before his very serious injury). In my humble opinion of course.

John

Can't say I ever thought of Rudi as a lazy player or a bottler. Goalscorers tend to have to go in where it hurts and, as the video clips show, he scored goals.

Rudi did seem to be an emotional player though, who was really fired up by the Burley buzz around Tynie at the beginning of 2005/6 and it brought the best out of him. After the crazy sacking of GB punctured that buzz I don't think he ever got back that wonderful opening enthusiasm but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Really, i can`t stand it when people pick holes in players who were great performers for us. I just don`t get it?

Yet, people will moan when talentless players like Robbie Neilson get slagged and then go to point out he can head a good ball out the box now and again!

No player is the perfect player. Don`t think Rudi was a bottler, just not a great tackler.

Archived