Skatch always a Jambo........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo
Can't say I ever thought of Rudi as a lazy player or a bottler. Goalscorers tend to have to go in where it hurts and, as the video clips show, he scored goals.

Rudi did seem to be an emotional player though, who was really fired up by the Burley buzz around Tynie at the beginning of 2005/6 and it brought the best out of him. After the crazy sacking of GB punctured that buzz I don't think he ever got back that wonderful opening enthusiasm but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Good Point Bill.

Rudi was indeed an emotional player and Burley did get the best out of him - but isn't that what managers are paid to do - get the best out the players you are dealt with!

It saddens me :sad:( and also find in very comical :))that we have supporters who want to knock our most creative players in Rudi and Kingston in recent times for being lazy, bottlers bla bla.........christ these guys deserve what they are watching now!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Point Bill.

Rudi was indeed an emotional player and Burley did get the best out of him - but isn't that what managers are paid to do - get the best out the players you are dealt with!

It saddens me :sad:( and also find in very comical :))that we have supporters who want to knock our most creative players in Rudi and Kingston in recent times for being lazy, bottlers bla bla.........christ these guys deserve what they are watching now!!

Totally agree. We've only scored 42 league goals we've scored this season with a goal difference of -6 and people are having a pop at someone whose goals got us second place in the league, won us the cup and had Tynie rocking. Onwards and downwards.

Chip Douglas
You can call it a pile of pash all you want but if Rudi Skacel is the best left footed player you have ever seen at Hearts then you havent been watching Hearts for long. Take away his goals during games and Rudi Skacel gave the team very little. He is a lazy player and he wont go in for tackles especially 50/50s in a nutshell he chickens out of them. Czech republic coach is in agreement with me.

Two players with better left foots than Rudi Skacel. Eammon Bannon and Neil McCann(before his very serious injury). In my humble opinion of course.

John

For about 20 years.

McCann was all about speed and little else, it just so happens he was left footed. Now we see him in his twilight years, he's a pale shadow and to me, if anything, his left footing prowess is but a hindrance.

For pure audacity, power and incisiveness, I've never seen anyone hit a ball like Rudi at Tynie.

Eammon Bannon, sorry, good player but absolutely nowhere near the quality of Skacel. Put your misty eyed goggles away.

I'm also glad to learn you're on speaking terms with the Czech coach.

;)

Think people should maybe get off of their high horse about "how dare you question Rudi". It's Kickback in a nutshell.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I thought that he was great for half a season before seriously fading - due to what looked like a lack of effort (and no, I haven't even looked for that quote yet. I remember it, though, and another couple of people on here also seem to).

As for "being happier with Neilson etc.", er, I don't remember anyone actually saying that? It's a bit silly to compare two extremes like that. Somewhere inbetween Rudi and Neilson would be better - a player with less talent than Rudi*, but who put in more effort.

He left great memories, but the way in which he left - for me at least - left a sour taste. That he now goes on about how much he loves the club smacks of hypocrisy. If anyone thinks that that makes me less of a fan than them, then I think that that says a good deal more about them than it ever could about me.

*Obviously, wouldn't complain at one having as much talent as him - but a player putting in 100% with that kind of talent probably wouldn't be at Hearts in the first place!

davemclaren
Think people should maybe get off of their high horse about "how dare you question Rudi". It's Kickback in a nutshell.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I thought that he was great for half a season before seriously fading - due to what looked like a lack of effort (and no, I haven't even looked for that quote yet. I remember it, though, and another couple of people on here also seem to).

As for "being happier with Neilson etc.", er, I don't remember anyone actually saying that? It's a bit silly to compare two extremes like that. Somewhere inbetween Rudi and Neilson would be better - a player with less talent than Rudi*, but who put in more effort.

He left great memories, but the way in which he left - for me at least - left a sour taste. That he now goes on about how much he loves the club smacks of hypocrisy. If anyone thinks that that makes me less of a fan than them, then I think that that says a good deal more about them than it ever could about me.

*Obviously, wouldn't complain at one having as much talent as him - but a player putting in 100% with that kind of talent probably wouldn't be at Hearts in the first place!

How much did we sell him for and how much did we pay for him?

Sad to see him go, he was immense in the first half of the season and clearly lost a bit of interest in the latter half but still scored a cup final goal. There's not many done that in a winning final.

I'd have him back. :)

How much did we sell him for and how much did we pay for him?

Sad to see him go, he was immense in the first half of the season and clearly lost a bit of interest in the latter half but still scored a cup final goal. There's not many done that in a winning final.

I'd have him back. :)

We made a big profit on him. Not sure what you're getting at? I meant the way that he left, having obviously not given 100%, and gave that interview (I know, I know) where he admitted that he'd been trying to avoid injury.

Even if he'd just done that and gone, I wouldn't have been that bothered, but it's a bit annoying to see him going on about how much he loves the club now - which is all that I was saying in the first place.

I'd also have him back - although that might not be saying a great deal.

davemclaren
We made a big profit on him. Not sure what you're getting at? I meant the way that he left, having obviously not given 100%, and gave that interview (I know, I know) where he admitted that he'd been trying to avoid injury.

Even if he'd just done that and gone, I wouldn't have been that bothered, but it's a bit annoying to see him going on about how much he loves the club now - which is all that I was saying in the first place.

I'd also have him back - although that might not be saying a great deal.

I'm sure he was quoted on here ( or the old here ) as having said he 'didn't like the Russians'. He's never really shone since and clearly has so much talent. He could hit a ball so hard, two or three attempts at goal and game over. :)

I'm sure he was quoted on here ( or the old here ) as having said he 'didn't like the Russians'. He's never really shone since and clearly has so much talent. He could hit a ball so hard, two or three attempts at goal and game over. :)

Don't remember the quote, but it always seemed pretty obvious that that was the case - still, if he loved the club that much you'd like to think that he would've kept giving his full effort for that reason.

Don't want to seem too negative here, he's a player that I'll always look back on fondly for the way he performed in the first half of that season - in terms of natural talent alone, definitely up there as at least one of the best that I've seen at Hearts (again, given my age that's maybe not saying all that much). Just gets to me a bit that he goes on about how much he loves the club now, but didn't seem so keen to show it at the time (cheerleading aside).

(and no, I haven't even looked for that quote yet. I remember it, though, and another couple of people on here also seem to).

You'll find the quote all right, but just not from Skacel.

Jambo Hud316

I can't believe all the bad mouthing of Rudi on kickback, I could maybe expect it from neutral fans but the boy was a star for us and we have people slating him :eek:

His presence alone lifted the team AND the fans, what I wouldn't give to see him back in a Hearts shirt....Rudi Rudi Rudi

Will always be one of my all time favourite Hearts players

Clerry Jambo
Great player he was, but it appears there are now Vladsheep and Rudisheep.

Aye you better believe it!!!!!!!!!!

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Dirk Diggler

Thought he was absolutely superb for 4 months or so.

Thanks for the goal(s) in the cup final.

He's moved on,

So have I.

Drylaw Hearts
Thought he was absolutely superb for 4 months or so.

Thanks for the goal(s) in the cup final.

He's moved on,

So have I.

He did have some good peformences after the turn of the year also.

Most notably v Hibs at Tynie towards the end of January 2006.

What we do have to remember that he joined us in late July having had very little or no Pre-Season training.

He was always going to tire eventually.

I think it would also be safe to say that the Managerial changes and being rested with VladFlu effected his mood.

Dirk Diggler
He did have some good peformences after the turn of the year also.

Most notably v Hibs at Tynie towards the end of January 2006.

What we do have to remember that he joined us in late July having had very little or no Pre-Season training.

He was always going to tire eventually.

I think it would also be safe to say that the Managerial changes and being rested with VladFlu effected his mood.

I appreciate that mate. His performance in the Hibs game was exceptional, I think he had a hand in all 4 goals?

I thought he was a terrific player for Hearts and was sad to see him go.

But like so many others, He did go.

That's life.

I'm not sad now.

:)

Drylaw Hearts
I appreciate that mate. His performance in the Hibs game was exceptional, I think he had a hand in all 4 goals?

I thought he was a terrific player for Hearts and was sad to see him go.

But like so many others, He did go.

That's life.

I'm not sad now.

:)

Does it make you even a little sad when you see Audry playing in that role instead ?

Dirk Diggler
Does it make you even a little sad when you see Audry playing in that role instead ?

Ok, Well perhaps a little.

:P

Drylaw Hearts
Ok, Well perhaps a little.

:P

It actually breaks my frickin heart.

I recall VR saying when Webster and Skacel departed in the Summer of '06 he said they would be replaced by better players.

We got Karapidis and Pinilla.

Walter Kidd

Skacel, Hartley and Brellier were our Deschamps, Zidane and Petit.

All three were the greatest loss to Hearts in my lifetime.

Archived