Well or Hibs

jimmyjambo

Hmmm Motherwell fans certainly have no love for us, so I'll plump for a draw....but post numerous smileys if the goals go in at the Hibs end.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not interested in the result from a Hearts point of view?

:interesting:

Well Wills, do you think we'll catch Motherwell? I sure as hell don't. A few goals from Beattie might change that, but best we can hope for this season is top six and a decent cup run.

Guest Prince William

:hobofish:

Hearts interests come first

Well Wills, do you think we'll catch Motherwell?

It's Motherwell we're chasing ffs, they're not invincible :vrface:

There is definitely a chance of catching them. Especially if a few teams can do us a favour, such as Hibs tonight.

Classic Hearts shiteing themselves and throwing the towel in tbf

Templeton'sUnderpants

Wanting Hibs to do badly over Hearts interests. That is the sort of stuff you usually see from them.

For the argument of Well win putting Hibs down and Rangers to third, I think you should care a bit more about your own teams ambitions than other teams failings.

jambo-in-furness

Well for me, the more goals the better, and I wouldn't put it past Celtic to lie down to M'well at the weekend if it jeapordises Rangers chances of 2nd. The best we can get this season is the big cup and Hobos relegated, thank you very much :thumbsup:

There is definitely a chance of catching them. Especially if a few teams can do us a favour, such as Hibs tonight.

I didn't say Motherwell were invincible, I said we were shit. We may not be shit if Beattie signs and starts pumping them in. It's not defeatist, it's reality. Hearts should be more than capable of pounding other teams and passing Rangers, but we're not. Why? No ******* strikers, mediocre midfield, ropey defence. And a shite goalie in McDonald.

Not saying they are invincible but they are (by quite a long way IMO) the 3rd best team in the league at the moment. We should be, but we're not. The fact is that they are a lot better at beating teams than we are, so if they get up a head of steam we won't catch them, no matter how hard we cross our fingers and shut our eyes. If they have a chance of splitting the gruesome twosome then I say bring it on.

Hibs have got no chance against them BTW.

Guest Prince William

Well for me, the more goals the better, and I wouldn't put it past Celtic to lie down to M'well at the weekend if it jeapordises Rangers chances of 2nd.

Celtic are on a ridiculously good run, look out for themselves first rather than worry about their rivals, and wouldn't lie down to Motherwell. They're not Hearts fans.

The way that I look at it:

Motherwell win - Good, as it puts further misery on Hibs

Hibs win - Good, as there might be a slight chance of catching Motherwell still

I'd take a draw in this one, but a Hibs defeat, just as good...

As an aside, I liked the BBC team news article,

Twain

'For Hibernian, Pat Fenlon has Tom Sawyers back in the squad for the trip to Fir Park, but Calum Booth is still struggling with an injury.'

:laugh:

Now if they could only get Huckleberry Finn match fit, I reckon they might just avoid the drop.

Or is that merely fiction?

(The Tom Sawyer books: 1876-1896. I don't think poor Tom saw the 1902 big cup win either!)

Hibs win this time surely? Well have Celtic away on Saturday where you can only assume they'll lose. A win for us on Saturday would then mean the gap was only 6 points having played the same games. Having said that well win tonight that's when I'll give up hope of catching them

As much as I hate them ^ this makes total sense to jambos^

I'm with these lads. I don't get the Motherwell love in. I don't believe they are as good as some on here are saying. We tore them a new one on Christmas Eve and if we can get to within 6 points with them still to play at Tynecastle then I'll continue to believe. Although Paulo better get his head out his arse as regards away tactics and try to actually win or 5th or 6th is the best we can hope for.

However, realism has kicked in and I can't see the Hibs getting anything from tonight 'cos they're shite!

The way that I look at it:

Motherwell win - Good, as it puts further misery on Hibs

Hibs win - Good, as there might be a slight chance of catching Motherwell still

Pretty much sums it up for me. Look out for Hearts first. You won't exactly catch me firing off some knuckle children if Hibs win, but you won't see me crying if Motherwell gub them either

18Jambo_dave74

Hibs to win 1-0 and Dunfermline to beat Celtic 6-0.

Hibs go bottom and Motherwell don't increase the gap between us, everyone's a winner :D:D

Hibs go bottom and Motherwell don't increase the gap between us, everyone's a winner :D:D

That will do.

11 games to go and 6 points behind, I'm not going to start supporting Motherwell.

11 games to go and 6 points behind, I'm not going to start supporting Motherwell.

9 points after Saturday unfortunately, but in principle I agree.

:thumbsup:

scott herbertson

Hibs mullered

4th and a hampden cup run will do me. Hibs goign down is far mre beneficial in the long term to Hearts than 3rd place once.

I don't want motherwell to win tonight,I still believe we can catch them, and if the hobo's stay up? well it's another 9 points (at least) to us next season.

3rd place is practically out of our reach now especially if Well win tonight so as much as I dislike them I say best of luck in their pursuit of a Champions League place.

On top of that, I would never cheer on Hibs so I hope Fenloan's F*ckwit army get pumped into oblivion. :greggy:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Motherwell expecting a crowd of around 9,000 tonight.

They must have let some neutrals in for free to top-up the crowd. How many would Hibs bring? 12 - 13 folk?

They must have let some neutrals in for free to top-up the crowd. How many would Hibs bring? 12 - 13 folk?

The last game was abandoned so there will be plenty free tickets for both sets of fans.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The last game was abandoned so there will be plenty free tickets for both sets of fans.

Fair enough... Maybe get about 3k then? ;)

Guest Prince William

The other month the Motherwell fans wanted the manager sacked because they picked up 2 points out of a possible 15.

At the same time Hearts picked up 13 points out of 15.

Why's everyone acting like a shitebag and supporting the team we are chasing over a team they constantly claim is an irrelevance :rofl:

The other month the Motherwell fans wanted the manager sacked because they picked up 2 points out of a possible 15.

At the same time Hearts picked up 13 points out of 15.

Why's everyone acting like a shitebag and supporting the team we are chasing over a team they constantly claim is an irrelevance :rofl:

Sensible post. One day you'll make a great King. :thumbsup:

YES! :D and with Rangers having 3 pretty tough matches coming up, after ICT of course (us, Dundee Utd and Celtic), Motherwell have a great chance of getting 2nd place - which nobody can deny they fully deserve!

I normally don't like Motherwell, but by goodness I hope they can pump THEM and push Rangers down the table!!

:pleasing:

I whole Heart(s)edly agree. Motherwell, a team I dont paticulary like, have a very real chance of finishing 2nd. And as I hate the old squirm - I am routing Motherwell purely because they deserve it and have been the inform team in the league at the moment. And Hibs to continue their slump towards the First Division.

I don't want Hibs to win but it's better for Hearts if Well lose. It's not beyond the realms of possiblity for Hibs to win tonight and still go down. If they're going to win somewhere it might as well be tonight.

If people are so convinced we can't catch Motherwell even if they lose to Hibs I'd say "get a grip, they just lost to feckin Hibs!!!"

Guest Prince William

I am routing Motherwell purely because they deserve it and have been the inform team in the league at the moment.

That's a really poor excuse for wanting a side to do well and doesn't disguise the fact that you're more concerned with Hibs than Hearts, like most others on here.

And how exactly do they deserve it? If current form is anything to go by then Rangers deserve 2nd seeing as they are 2nd in the form table :blink:

Rooting for Rangers now then aye?

quincy adams wagstaff

i never want hibs to win,but i wouldent mind them getting a result tonight,hibs are an insignificance to us,no threat,and whilst we may not catch murderwell i want to finish as close to them as possible.

I have every confidence that we'll catch Motherwell. In fact, I know we will.

Therefore, I still hope that they utterly embarrass the shite tonight. 8 nil would do.

People who think we can't catch them if they win tonight clearly have no confidence in their own club's ability.

How sad.

scott herbertson

qqb006.gif

facepalm.png

wtfvlad.png

The poorer the Hibs side/ prospects the stronger Hearts support and financial base. It's a long term view.

In the short term wanting Motherwell to win is logical, but emotionally unsatisfying.

Hibs mullered

4th and a hampden cup run will do me. Hibs goign down is far mre beneficial in the long term to Hearts than 3rd place once.

Not trying to cause an argument here but can you explain how Hibs being relegated is more beneficial to Hearts than a Champions Leaue place and the money that comes with it?

Not trying to cause an argument here but can you explain how Hibs being relegated is more beneficial to Hearts than a Champions Leaue place and the money that comes with it?

We would get no real money for finishing 2nd. All the Champions League cash is in the group stages, and we'd have to beat a team like Arsenal or Brage to qualify, as Celtic needed to do on the last two occasions. Hearts have zero chance of getting to the group stages if we were to finish 2nd.

However, that's a moot point as there's no chance Hearts will finish 2nd this year anyway.

That's a really poor excuse for wanting a side to do well and doesn't disguise the fact that you're more concerned with Hibs than Hearts, like most others on here.

And how exactly do they deserve it? If current form is anything to go by then Rangers deserve 2nd seeing as they are 2nd in the form table :blink:

Rooting for Rangers now then aye?

Eh no!

Motherwell have been playing (forgive he pun) well. Our away form has been poor. Yes a win for the hobbits does help us, and admittedly I would not grumble if hibs did win as it does help us. Yes you are right about rankers being 2nd in the league but if they fell away and Motherwell leap frogged them I would be quitely amused. And as I said outside the old squirm Motherwell have been the inform team, perhaps something I should have pointed out more clearly in my last post. Thats all.

For the record I hate the old squirm ,hate hibs and want them to go down. I dont paticualry go for the "But I'd miss the derby too much" philosophy, (well they wouldn't ay the same about us if we were in the same position as the hobbits). The only other team I have any respect for away from the Famous is Killie but they earned that (for me at least) after the 5 - 3 game at Tynie back in 97/98 season.

We would get no real money for finishing 2nd. All the Champions League cash is in the group stages, and we'd have to beat a team like Arsenal or Brage to qualify, as Celtic needed to do on the last two occasions. Hearts have zero chance of getting to the group stages if we were to finish 2nd.

However, that's a moot point as there's no chance Hearts will finish 2nd this year anyway.

We at least have half a chance progressing in the Europa Lague.

Another thing to consider. Motherwell are more than likely to vote Hun v2 back into the SPL given they need the gate money from those orcs. However, if Motherwell are fighting for 2nd this season we can anticipate a growing gate of home supporters, more so if they get into Europe. This would show they could earn more from their own supporters if they actually had a chance of Europe or even winning something annually. That being the case, would they vote to continue the duopoly? I'm not so sure.

No hun = chance for 2nd, chance even for 1st...with hun, it's 3rd at best.

Motherwell, win tonight or not, are still catchable. I'm still fairly confident that they we could realistically catch them. Wanting Hibs to lose at all times isn't a bad thing.

Worth remembering that finishing 4th gets us into Europe as well (as will 5th if Rangers don't get their UEFA Licence) so European football isn't solely dependent on us catching Motherwell. Plus with the Scottish Cup already inscribed with our name for this year, who gives a shit about the league? :greggy:

Rudolf's Mate

Motherwell, win tonight or not, are still catchable. I'm still fairly confident that they we could realistically catch them. Wanting Hibs to lose at all times isn't a bad thing.

Worth remembering that finishing 4th gets us into Europe as well (as will 5th if Rangers don't get their UEFA Licence) so European football isn't solely dependent on us catching Motherwell. Plus with the Scottish Cup already inscribed with our name for this year, who gives a shit about the league? :greggy:

:thumbsup:

Archived