The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Seems as if they are more interested in chasing money from Walter Mitty than making the Cull.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17232197

Best of luck with that one :lol::lol::lol:

So , it's like this :

Rangers Craig Whyte's administrators are pursuing the club's owner Craig Whyte for up to ?9m in money that was contractually promised at the time of his May 2011 takeover.

Lawyers acting for Duff & Phelps, who were appointed as administrators on 14 February who helped Whyte buy the club in the first place , have gained a court order to seize a preliminary ?3.6m from Whyte's solicitors Collyer Bristow.

Absolutely no conflict of interest there. No sir.

colinmaroon

Douglas Fraser - #Rangers player cuts: an announcement now looks unlikely before Monday.

This is taking the "Beattie" ploy to ridiculous lengths!

Out of contract this summer = Papac, Healy, Aluko, Wylde, Little, Kerkar & Bartley.

Surely to god Bartley should have been shipped back to Arsenal before now?

Comedy gold that Broadfoot & McCulloch still have another year left - genius contractal decision

colinmaroon

It is, I am confusing my orcs with my goblins.

Rangers FC - the Balrog of the Darkest Mines of Govan

Out of contract this summer = Papac, Healy, Aluko, Wylde, Little, Kerkar & Bartley.

Comedy gold that Broadfoot & McCulloch still have another year left - genius contractal decision

Clubfoot will be away in the first wave of the Cull

rossthejambo

I'm stunned he's not already, especially considering he's injured as well.

I'm stunned he's not already, especially considering he's injured as well.

His loan fee payments could surely save someone's job at Ibrox for a year, and I hate to think how much Papac earns a week.

Surely this must be the first time administrators are doing deals with players & management - don't they just normally get sacked? How many non football playing staff at Ibrox will be made redundant just to appease Super Ally??

Boab Mugabe

from who ?

The administrators. May be an update from them and no redudnancies announced, but worth finding out.

Source: Sky Sports News

Rangers.

Expect a statement that says absolutely nothing.

Apparently the players are raging at the Admins after they used the good guy good guy "W***" good guy "W***" method to decide who stays and who goes !

Edited by Rudy T

Hagar the Horrible

Apparently the players are raging at the Admins after they used the good guy good guy "W***" good guy "W***" method to decide who stays and who goes !

That must have been good....W W W W W W GG W W W W W W W W W

John McClure

statment coming up in 5 to 10 minutes

apparantly no mention of redundacies of players and staff according to they boy on skysports news just now

The Sky Sports News boy outside Ibrox looks like he's dressed to go to a funeral. And in some respects...

John McClure

Something deeply dislikeable about that Charles Paterson tosspot.

because hes a hun bassa, just like his co-worker jim white

Fermit the Krog

As it's not about redundancies the statement can only be about the administrators chasing the 3.6m.

He's a sound lad who is more into golf that football. My dad worked for his dads company (Paterson plumbers) for 30 years and knows Charles really well.

because hes a hun bassa, just like his co-worker jim white

No he's not.

Hibby?

He doesn't really follow a side in Scotland but used to go along to Tynie when he was a lad as his dad sponsored the matches occasionally.

Statement time.

Fermit the Krog
DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We appreciate this has been an extremely difficult week for all the staff of Rangers Football Club and the supporters.

"As administrators, we had anticipated completing our review of staffing levels and cost structure of the Rangers business this week but the participation of a number of players in international fixtures did interrupt the process.

"In short, the Rangers business is trading at a substantial loss and we have no alternative but to fill an approximate ?4.5 million shortfall by the end of the season. It is therefore imperative that we find savings of approximately ?1 million per month to ensure the ongoing viability of the business.

"As has been widely publicised, there have been a number of discussions this week in an effort to achieve the necessary cost reductions. We are determined that all realistic options should be explored and today discussions have been ongoing with Ally McCoist who, in turn, has been speaking to his players and the PFA Scotland.

"We would prefer to reach a consensual position but as the day has gone on and tomorrow's very important match against Hearts looms larger, it has been agreed that any final decisions have been postponed until early next week.

"On other matters, we can report that we made this week an emergency application to the High Court in London to secure money held in the client account of solicitors, Collyer Bristow, who had acted for the purchaser of the Club in May 2011.We can confirm that following the court hearing Collyer Bristow paid approximately ?3.6m to our lawyers, Taylor Wessing, to be held securely by Taylor Wessing until the High Court decides whether or not it is the Club's money.

"Collyer Bristow will also disclose to Taylor Wessing details of the payments of funds out of their account on behalf of the Club since May 2011.The High Court in London will hear further representations on the administrators' claim to the money and our request for further information from Collyer Bristow on 8 March 2011.

"Since legal proceedings are ongoing we cannot provide further information but this is a positive step in the administrators' investigations into the Club's financial affairs.

"Right now, the situation is quite simple - income generated now will help secure the future of Rangers and we encourage supporters, who have shown tremendous backing for the Club throughout this process, to buy tickets for the Hearts game at Ibrox tomorrow and future home matches.

Administrators statement:

DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We appreciate this has been an extremely difficult week for all the staff of Rangers Football Club and the supporters.

"As administrators, we had anticipated completing our review of staffing levels and cost structure of the Rangers business this week but the participation of a number of players in international fixtures did interrupt the process.

"In short, the Rangers business is trading at a substantial loss and we have no alternative but to fill an approximate ?4.5 million shortfall by the end of the season. It is therefore imperative that we find savings of approximately ?1 million per month to ensure the ongoing viability of the business.

"As has been widely publicised, there have been a number of discussions this week in an effort to achieve the necessary cost reductions. We are determined that all realistic options should be explored and today discussions have been ongoing with Ally McCoist who, in turn, has been speaking to his players and the PFA Scotland.

"We would prefer to reach a consensual position but as the day has gone on and tomorrow's very important match against Hearts looms larger, it has been agreed that any final decisions have been postponed until early next week.

"On other matters, we can report that we made this week an emergency application to the High Court in London to secure money held in the client account of solicitors, Collyer Bristow, who had acted for the purchaser of the Club in May 2011.We can confirm that following the court hearing Collyer Bristow paid approximately ?3.6m to our lawyers, Taylor Wessing, to be held securely by Taylor Wessing until the High Court decides whether or not it is the Club's money.

"Collyer Bristow will also disclose to Taylor Wessing details of the payments of funds out of their account on behalf of the Club since May 2011.The High Court in London will hear further representations on the administrators' claim to the money and our request for further information from Collyer Bristow on 8 March 2011.

"Since legal proceedings are ongoing we cannot provide further information but this is a positive step in the administrators' investigations into the Club's financial affairs.

"Right now, the situation is quite simple - income generated now will help secure the future of Rangers and we encourage supporters, who have shown tremendous backing for the Club throughout this process, to buy tickets for the Hearts game at Ibrox tomorrow and future home matches.

Rangers need to find a saving of ?1million PER MONTH to the end of the season!!

:jjyay:

jamboinglasgow

So the ?3.6m is frozen, they have not got it back.

Still amazes me how they keep putting off.

Rangers need to find a saving of ?1million PER MONTH to the end of the season!!

That's a lot of players

:greggy:

The administrators are on their knees begging fans to buy tickets.

Jim White asking Rangers fans to to their utmost.

As his club to their utmost to starve all the other SPL clubs of money due to them.

Any gate money generated at Ibrox tomorrow should go to Dunfermline,Hearts and Dundee United.

rossthejambo

A million a month?!

That's the big earners coats on a shoogly peg as well. Their squad isn't big enough to cut off the low earners/squad players and save that kind of money.

Surely to **** players will def be out the door by Monday as they have no game next week and will be paying them for doing **** all.

givememychoice

He doesn't really follow a side in Scotland but used to go along to Tynie when he was a lad as his dad sponsored the matches occasionally.

Statement time.

I agree.

Source?

Me. I went to school with the lad. Far keener on golf, but certainly sound and not a bear.

I assume if they get the money from Whyte's account then it's all rosy again?

rossthejambo

I thought that but reading that statement would suggest that they'd still need to save ?1 million a month on top of that.

Presume that money would be ringfenced for HMRC.

jamboinglasgow

nope, they are trying to balance the income and costs at the moment, they then have to move onto the big issue of creditors.

h-e-a-r-t-s

I'd have thought, in the scheme of things, tomorrow's game is about as inconsequential as any Rangers v Hearts game at Ibrox for years relative to matters off the park. But what do I know, I guess it's not my legal obligation to look after the interests of the creditors.

Its really rather beautiful, isn't it, Francis?

I'd far rather the pain be as protracted as possible for them as well. All this pull the plug now chat completely misses the joy that can be had in the schadenfreude of their situation. You can almost taste their anguish.... I love it. Here's to an extremely long & painful death rattle :lol:

That'll be the Nuer tribe - or the NewR - angers.

Edit: Clearly this witty remark has nothing to with this post but one somewhere else in the general area!

Edited by ibpc

I hope that the Hearts fans at Ibrox tomorrow treat Lee wallace with respect and don't laugh at him every time he gets the ball.

I also hope that Gary McKay got his agent fee paid in a lump sum, but Craig Whyte doesn't tend to structure deals like that...maybe Gary also got a percentage of the catering profits??

Francis Albert

"A difficult week for Rangers staff and supporters"? Mmm. A bit more difficult for Dunfermline's staff. But Dunfermline are just one of the creditors, who cares about them.

I agree.

Source?

Me. I went to school with the lad. Far keener on golf, but certainly sound and not a bear.

Said up the page mate, my old man worked for his dad's company for 30 years and knows Charles well. Mentioned the golf part too :)

Today, 17:33

Crazy Harry, on 02 March 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

He's a sound lad who is more into golf that football. My dad worked for his dads company (Paterson plumbers) for 30 years and knows Charles really well.

Edited by Jezza

nope, they are trying to balance the income and costs at the moment, they then have to move onto the big issue of creditors.

A Million pound per month black hole to fill you got to hand it to Craig Whyte he knows how to run a business.

INTO THE GROUND :lol:

What a disgrace. Since when did the importance of a match matter to administrators?

?????

marshallschunkychicken

Derek Johnstone suggesting on Real Radio that Rangers should take ?10 from the accounts of everyone with bank details on their system to raise cash, and if people don't want this to happen, they can opt-out.

Speechless.

:facepalm:

Francis Albert

Derek Johnstone suggesting on Real Radio that Rangers should take ?10 from the accounts of everyone with bank details on their system to raise cash, and if people don't want this to happen, they can opt-out.

Speechless.

:facepalm:

Why not? Another day, another scam. The Whyte motto.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic