The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

...a bit disco

Twitter latest....*

Raman Bhardwaj ? @STVRaman

Ally McCoist and players' union chief Fraser Wishart in meeting RFC administrators right now.

*Raman, a top gadgey.

jamboinglasgow

Ally McCoist and players' union chief Fraser Wishart in meeting RFC administrators right now.

Douglas Fraser - #Rangers player cuts: an announcement now looks unlikely before Monday.

Douglas Fraser - #Rangers player cuts: an announcement now looks unlikely before Monday.

Killed my weekend!! angry.gif

...a bit disco

I thought adminstrators, by design, were NOT ditherers?

jamboinglasgow

Rangers players expect to be playing against Hearts tomorrow, announcement on possible redundancies unlikely to be made today

wheres that wall to bang my head against.

These Administrators seem like awfully nice, accommodating and flexible sort of people. Kind, even. blink.gif

If we aren't getting redundancies then I wonder how much impact appearance/goal/match win bonuses have on outgoings for Rangers and whether or not they might shape team selections while these wranglings are ongoing. They'll be a drop in the ocean but surely these daft administrators are finding ways to cut costs somewhere....

Hmmmm could it be... Mr White... geez the 9 mill or we're heading for Liquidation... hense no job cuts, just now.

Hagar the Horrible

Some of my Hun mates are saying with a degree of certainty and accetptance is that IF they dont have a buyer with a good get out plan by the 16th of this month then they will be toast by the 20th.

They are getting this from their peeil ITK. Not heard this anywhere else though myself, but it will be interesting to see if the Admins dont make any cuts as there is not enough cash flow to pay anybody or anything this month or the next. The only income is from addtional tickets sold at our game and the celtic game, which they wont get until after this months pay day.....good faith question again????????? we were haulded over the coals.

It might make sense just to go down and play possum hand over players contracts to the SFA/SPL and dispence with any early termination fee.

Papac and Alexander, no doubt others as well, are out of contract at end of season and on big money. A blind retarded monkey could see they should have been made redundant immediately. Instead they are still sitting on the wage bill.

If I were a rangers fan, which I daily thank myself for not being, I'd be raging at the apparent inaction.

?600 per hour i'd be working 14 hour days and dragging it out till the end of next season :D

8400 before tax per day although (not sure you have to pay tax if you work at Ibrox).

So until the end of next season lets say a year... call it 3,000,000 thanks.

The more I think about the revelations about the "secret" contract terms, the more I think that the wee tax bill, the big tax bill, the debts due to us, Utd and Dunfermline, the redundancies are all becoming irrelevant.

If the revelations are true, then it looks as if Rangers have been in breach of SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA rules for at least 15 years. If that is correct, then they have to have their titles and cups stripped and be booted out to the bottom of the 3rd division at the very best (for them).

If the revelations keep coming at this rate, we may very well have the honour of being the last team ever to play the once mighty Glasgow Rangers.

These administrators are Whyte's people remember. Whyte IMO, has always wanted to liquidate because wiping the debt is where there is most profit for the wee turd. The administrators are doing all they can to burn the last of the cash so Whyte can pull the pin.

From his Twitter...

Graham Spiers ? @GrahamSpiers

"Right, look, before everyone goes bonkers, the anchor on Sky who just called me a "lifelong Rangers fan" didn't quite have his brief right.."

They probably have got the brief wrong - he's probably only been a fan since the 9 in a row era.

:greggy:

David Begg - Youngsters Mitchell and Hegarty in Rangers squad for tomorrows game against Hearts

Just wondering if the administrator will tell McCoist not to play certain players, if they get high appearance fees.

The more I think about the revelations about the "secret" contract terms, the more I think that the wee tax bill, the big tax bill, the debts due to us, Utd and Dunfermline, the redundancies are all becoming irrelevant.

If the revelations are true, then it looks as if Rangers have been in breach of SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA rules for at least 15 years. If that is correct, then they have to have their titles and cups stripped and be booted out to the bottom of the 3rd division at the very best (for them).

If the revelations keep coming at this rate, we may very well have the honour of being the last team ever to play the once mighty Glasgow Rangers.

Indeed, but then throw in the big tax bill and the 3rd division club suddenly goes *pop*

In a way, liquidation would be in there best interests as then there could be no SFA/UEFA/FIFA backlash!

Biffa Bacon

Rangers players expect to be playing against Hearts tomorrow, announcement on possible redundancies unlikely to be made today

wheres that wall to bang my head against.

Agreed JiG, what are they players going to be paid with? and how are they going to cover the tax liabilities. They have no money apart from the wedge that they stole from the taxpayer so how can they continue to fund players at ?20K per week, cheating weegie barstewards :angry:

Some of my Hun mates are saying with a degree of certainty and accetptance is that IF they dont have a buyer with a good get out plan by the 16th of this month then they will be toast by the 20th.

They are getting this from their peeil ITK. Not heard this anywhere else though myself, but it will be interesting to see if the Admins dont make any cuts as there is not enough cash flow to pay anybody or anything this month or the next. The only income is from addtional tickets sold at our game and the celtic game, which they wont get until after this months pay day.....good faith question again????????? we were haulded over the coals.

It might make sense just to go down and play possum hand over players contracts to the SFA/SPL and dispence with any early termination fee.

This is probably why the administrators are going easy at the moment they dont have to pay the next wage bill till later in the month if no buyer is found before the next pay day its Liquidation. :thumbsup:

Which IMO Is the only road left for them now cutting a few grand here and there is like using a hand pump on the Titanic after it struck the Berg. :lol:

Edited by jambosrbarry

Rick Grimes

Indeed, but then throw in the big tax bill and the 3rd division club suddenly goes *pop*

Indeed. Can't you just picture a world without Rangers....

tumblr_ljkzov0Ncp1qgsrigo1_500.jpg

There seems to be a distinct lack of 'blitz spirit' in the camp. It is every man for themselves...

The players there now did not have the luxury of the EBT's but they're being made to suffer the consequences. Presumably they've also paid their Tax & NI since Whyte came in, even though he's not passed it on, and again they're now being asked to take the hit for it.

What a shame! :blink:

Dean Winchester

Indeed. Can't you just picture a world without Rangers....

tumblr_ljkzov0Ncp1qgsrigo1_500.jpg

Is that Craig Whyte?

...a bit disco

Is that Craig Whyte?

I thought it was Jim Whyte White?

jamboinglasgow

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug

My understanding is that delay in #Rangers announcement due to international week and lack of consensus amongst players about best option.

Walter Bishop

matt mcglone ? @MattMcGlone9 Reply Retweet Favorite ? Open

A Rangers players agent has told me there will be no announcement today on their future, all current 1st team squad have been asked to..play for nothing until the end of the season & some have agreed to do so, others want their contracts ripped up to go now those remaining at the end of this season under current contracts have been asked to take a minimum drop of 50% some have said they., use that as an excuse to be freed at the end of this season as they are there top earners & do not have to agree to any wage cut! the players left today still in the dark with a few saying they wouldn't be surprised if they got a phone call tonight!

Rangers Tax-Case ? @rangerstaxcase Reply Retweet Favorite ? Open

The longer things go without significant cost cuts at Ibrox, the more likely an early liquidation.

If (and no way will it happen) Rangers were to stripped of titles etc for the last few years then surely the clubs who are all bumped up the final league table must get the extra cash that goes with the higher place?

As if the SPL would go for, or indeed be able to afford, that.

I'm no blaming them at all. Wouldn't you fight tooth and nail for what you are contractually obliged to be paid?

I do however take great satisfaction in the disintegration of a club I have hated since I was old enough to know hatred.

Enough for Greggy. Yes. I do believe so.

:D

mahgrassyshoes

My understanding is that delay in #Rangers announcement due to international week and lack of consensus amongst players about best option.

Can't decide what to do, so we'll just do nothing for another 3 days. :vrface:

Getting beyond a joke now. Just kill them off and be done with it!

Francis Albert

Anyway, page 100. Time to have a wee pause to reflect....

If 12 months, 6 months or even 3 months ago anyone had predicted the current circumstances they would have been ridiculed. As indeed was anyone forecasting administration or worse for Rangers on here by our select band of mini huns (who have largely gone softly softly or underground recently). While we may be frustrated by the pace or inaction of the administrators, my pause for reflection reminds of just how awesome current events are. Roll on the next 100 pages.

jamboinglasgow

Can't decide what to do, so we'll just do nothing for another 3 days. :vrface:

Getting beyond a joke now. Just kill them off and be done with it!

I know, if only there was a court appointed individual or individuals whose job it was to make these hard decisions in terms of job loses and wage cuts so that a company an operate within its means and reach an agreement with creditors. Hopefully Rangers can find someone soon.

Walter Bishop

I'm no blaming them at all. Wouldn't you fight tooth and nail for what you are contractually obliged to be paid?

I do however take great satisfaction in the disintegration of a club I have hated since I was old enough to know hatred.

Enough for Greggy. Yes. I do believe so.

Rangers fans cant get there head round the fact they are hated by so many, alot of my mates that are Rangers fans think we as Hearts fans should be supporting them all the way!!! Told them there was no sympathy from usand certainly wont be from the away end on Saturday. I absolutely detest RFC and all they stand for and will be delighted when the "big hoose" is closed for the final time!!!

Greggy`s all round........

tumblr_lz70wp2aZt1rpqcezo1_400.jpg

Edited by jamiej29

matt mcglone ? @MattMcGlone9 Reply Retweet Favorite ? Open

A Rangers players agent has told me there will be no announcement today on their future, all current 1st team squad have been asked to..play for nothing until the end of the season & some have agreed to do so, others want their contracts ripped up to go now those remaining at the end of this season under current contracts have been asked to take a minimum drop of 50% some have said they., use that as an excuse to be freed at the end of this season as they are there top earners & do not have to agree to any wage cut! the players left today still in the dark with a few saying they wouldn't be surprised if they got a phone call tonight!

Rangers Tax-Case ? @rangerstaxcase Reply Retweet Favorite ? Open

The longer things go without significant cost cuts at Ibrox, the more likely an early liquidation.

Doesn't sound like a very happy dressing room, does it? :blink:

As has been said, looks like there's no "team spirit", it's "to hell with Rangers", it's every man for themselves..... :rolleyes:

Headline not appearing in the papers on Saturday - Rangers will not pay their players for the rest of the season!

Imagine we had come up with such a ploy!?!

If 12 months, 6 months or even 3 months ago anyone had predicted the current circumstances they would have been ridiculed. As indeed was anyone forecasting administration or worse for Rangers on here by our select band of mini huns (who have largely gone softly softly or underground recently). While we may be frustrated by the pace or inaction of the administrators, my pause for reflection reminds of just how awesome current events are. Roll on the next 100 pages.

Indeed.

I'd like to see them turn into one of those cows that are kept by African tribes. They cut them to take some of their blood every couple of days and just keep them strong enough to survive so they can keep supplying it.

Rick Grimes

Its really rather beautiful, isn't it, Francis?

I'd far rather the pain be as protracted as possible for them as well. All this pull the plug now chat completely misses the joy that can be had in the schadenfreude of their situation. You can almost taste their anguish.... I love it. Here's to an extremely long & painful death rattle :lol:

kingantti1874

Headline not appearing in the papers on Saturday - Rangers will not pay their players for the rest of the season!

utmost good faith charge- I wait with baited breath

And to think some of their car payments won't be met ... :)

Hearts were 2 hours late and we were charged, get on it Doncaster you piece of corrupt scum.

Its really rather beautiful, isn't it, Francis?

I'd far rather the pain be as protracted as possible for them as well. All this pull the plug now chat completely misses the joy that can be had in the schadenfreude of their situation. You can almost taste their anguish.... I love it. Here's to an extremely long & painful death rattle :lol:

there absolutely no schaden in my freude. Absolutely loathsome club.

Probably adding 2+2 and getting 5, but is it plausible given his seemingly renewed interest that Vlad put us into financial difficulty lately to highlight to himself or other the hypocrisy that occurred when rangers ended up in a similar (unmanufactured) position

jamboinglasgow

From what has been said of players out and in for tomorrows match, I think the Rangers team should be.

McGregor

Goian, Perry, Bocanegra, Wallace

Aluko, Kerkar, Davis, Wylde

Little, McCulloch

Subs: Alexander, Hegarity, Celik, Mitchell, McCabe, Healy, Hemmings.

Thats of course if there isn't any evening phone calls letting players know they're service is not required.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Guest GhostHunter

The flip side JiG - is that the players refuse to play on the basis that they dont know if they are going to get paid, or, for fear of getting injured

Guest Bilel Mohsni

From what has been said of players out and in for tomorrows match, I think the Rangers team should be.

McGregor

Little, McCulloch

Thats of course if there isn't any evening phone calls letting players know they're service is not required.

Edit, talking shite, ignore me, getting the two ugly bassas confused. :)

Edited by Robert Finlayson Cook

mahgrassyshoes

McGregor

Little, McCulloch

At least Webster will be able to keep up with McCulloch!

The boy little looked quick against Inverness though. Our first 11 should be looking to compete with that (although I'm not entirely sure who's in and out for tomorrow).

Rick Grimes

Isn't Mcthugoch a game away from a top up payment to his former club?

Think that was Laugherty.

jamboinglasgow

Isn't Mcthugoch a game away from a top up payment to his former club?

I thought it was just Lafferty who is two games away from a ?900k payment to Burnley.

Also this tweet, wonder how long soon is.

If no consensus amongst players at #Rangers soon, administrators will take it out of their hands.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

The Mighty Thor
<br /><br />

<br />

I thought it was just Lafferty who is two games away from a ?900k payment to Burnley.<br />

<br />

Also this tweet, wonder how long soon is.<br />

<br />

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug <br />

If no consensus amongst players at #Rangers soon, administrators will take it out of their hands.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Perhaps the courts should appoint Sally and the players to carry out the administration? They could divvy up the ?600 per hour between them :)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic