The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I believe that a.47 (audited accounts) has not been adhered to due to several technicalities (and FFP statues). The problem here, for Hearts fans, is that Hibs will benefit from a disqualification (prior to knowing the cup final result). From a sporting point of view we should support the denial of the license even if it benefits Hibs, are we happy to do that? I am. It’s time to make a fuss, more so because our voices will be heard as a beacon for fairness. Rangers (whichever version you think they are) have no right to represent Scotland in EUFA next year. I know that letter writing has had a bad rap previously but we should make a stand for integrity, even if Hibs benefit.

gashauskis9

Moist.

All the signs are there now.  It’s just like the false optimism when McCoist took over.  This is going to end in tears and I cannot feckin wait.  Spunked a tonne to just guarantee 3rd place, this is going to be pure joy watching them fail again.

3 hours ago, ghkjambo said:

I believe that a.47 (audited accounts) has not been adhered to due to several technicalities (and FFP statues). The problem here, for Hearts fans, is that Hibs will benefit from a disqualification (prior to knowing the cup final result). From a sporting point of view we should support the denial of the license even if it benefits Hibs, are we happy to do that? I am. It’s time to make a fuss, more so because our voices will be heard as a beacon for fairness. Rangers (whichever version you think they are) have no right to represent Scotland in EUFA next year. I know that letter writing has had a bad rap previously but we should make a stand for integrity, even if Hibs benefit.

Writing that letter will unfortunately be as futile as writing that post mate.

You know whats going to happen.

You know there are going to be plenty Celtic fans feverishly writing those letters.

I agree with you, I'd happily see Hibs benefit at Rangers expense. 

It's not going to happen though.

You know it as well as me and there is no point making arses of ourselves writing letters. That's hibs class mate and trust me, there will be plenty letters coming from that mob too.

Edited by davie1980

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

You know it as well as me and there is no point making arses of ourselves writing letters. That's hibs class mate and trust me, there will be plenty letters coming from that mob too.

Letter writing as a pursuit, no matter how ultimately pointless it probably is 99.99% of the time, hasn't been tarred by "Mr Kevin Moffat". There are appropriate letters to write, futile or not, and then there is, well . . . Hibsing it at letter writing.

Writing a letter in the hopes a bent footballing governing body will actually follow the rules is a perfectly valid thing to do, no matter how many green Lochend tubes scribbled screeds in crayon to Lithuania a few years ago.

24 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Letter writing as a pursuit, no matter how ultimately pointless it probably is 99.99% of the time, hasn't been tarred by "Mr Kevin Moffat". There are appropriate letters to write, futile or not, and then there is, well . . . Hibsing it at letter writing.

Writing a letter in the hopes a bent footballing governing body will actually follow the rules is a perfectly valid thing to do, no matter how many green Lochend tubes scribbled screeds in crayon to Lithuania a few years ago.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Well scribble away my friend and all the very best. I hope your complaints are taken seriously and acted upon.

But don't post on internet football forums telling people about it, that's really ******* hibs.

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Well scribble away my friend and all the very best. I hope your complaints are taken seriously and acted upon.

But don't post on internet football forums telling people about it, that's really ******* hibs.

Yeah, Moffat's issues were plentiful and merely included posting about it on a football forum. He certainly did himself no favours. :smuggy:

...a bit disco

SHUTT THA FREED DOON!111!1!!

EMBARASSMANTT OAN A HERTZ SIYT AN' THAT!!!!!1!!1!1!1111!1

7 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Is it not a fine to Rangers oldco? 

Yeah. Oh well, any opportunity for them to argue they're not the same club is fine by me I guess.

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Yeah. Oh well, any opportunity for them to argue they're not the same club is fine by me I guess.

Statement should read - Rangers then, Sevco now, liquidated forever. Not our bill. 

Footballfirst

Seven and a half months for the SFA  to decide Rangers has a case to answer re the wee tax case. I could have told them that 5 years ago.

Edited by Footballfirst

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Seven and a half months for the SFA  to decide Rangers has a case to answer re the wee tax case. I could have told them that 5 years ago.

Aye but by taking so long they can now ignore it!!

ex Rangers and current Sevco director Andrew Dickson sat on the sfa committee that awarded the bent 2011 license. I will expect him to be charged by the beaks.

Another Robbo

Surely even the SFA wouldn’t be so stupid as to bring a charge knowing it was time barred?

Spellczech

Another sham. Rangers will just say "Nobody here now has the info on this". SFA will reply "oh ok then".

...a bit disco

Statement o'clock from Ra Peepul.

THE Rangers Football Club (“the Club”) was informed today by the Scottish FA  (“SFA”) that, after an eight-and-a-half month investigation, the SFA will not be proceeding with a Notice of Complaint in respect of the submission made by the Club to the SFA at the end of March 2011 with regard to the issue of the Club’s UEFA licence for the following Season.

The Club is unsurprised that it has now finally been accepted by the SFA that the accusations made against the Club were groundless. The Club questions whether the time, cost and expense of this investigation was justified and was a good use of the SFA’s limited resources.

Disappointingly, and presumably rather than accept that the investigation was a waste of all parties’ time and resources, the Club has been served with a new revised Notice of Complaint relating to the monitoring period subsequent to the grant of the UEFA licence. This new Notice of Complaint neglects to properly capture the provisions of prior agreements made between the Club and the SFA.

The Club will fiercely resist this reconstructed Notice of Complaint. Unfortunately, monies that should be available to Scottish youth and grassroots football will be diverted into another rehearsal of seven-year-old debates on the rights and wrongs of events that the SFA should have prevented at a time when doing so would have served a useful purpose.

It seems that Scottish Football is, once again, being directed by individuals intent on harming the Scottish game, Rangers Football Club and its supporters by pursuing a course that has no sensible purpose or reasonable prospect of success.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/notice-of-complaint/

Mister Dee

Who writes these press releases? :D

You can taste the tears. 

Rangers crying it is a waste of SFA resources to go investigating corrupt clubs

Shame the SFA are so slow, perhaps deliberately when it is Rangers, at these things

Footballfirst

One line sticks out in the Rangers statement.

" This new Notice of Complaint neglects to properly capture the provisions of prior agreements made between the Club and the SFA. "

That is a reference to the discredited 5-way agreement that gave assurances that no retrospective disciplinary action would be taken for certain matters.

Slightly off topic, but bear with me...

Spain, Belgium and Romania have been deducted 5 points per game for fielding ineligible players in rugby WC qualifying matches. As a result, none of them has qualified.

That is how to deal with cheating and the SFA should take note.

Glamorgan Jambo

You can't knock whoever writes Rangers statements (presumably Traynor) for the ability to weave together threats and dissembly in a single very lengthy statement.

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

" This new Notice of Complaint neglects to properly capture the provisions of prior agreements made between the Club and the SFA. "

That is a reference to the discredited 5-way agreement that gave assurances that no retrospective disciplinary action would be taken for certain matters.

Should they not be charged with bringing the game into disrepute with their statement?

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I tend to side with Rangers on this one 

Are SFA being forced to act based on UEFA  or FIFA rules?

Lawyers might have picked up a breach but the overall "it's okay, you can do what you want, we will back you till you're back in your rightful place" promises given in 2012 surely trump any irregularities. 

See what happens.

Still think FIFA/ UEFA should be carrying out an investigation into the SFA.  

The Gasman
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It may not matter to NewCo, but if OldCo defend the charges by making the final agreed version of the Five Way Agreement public, I’d guess that they could still take a few SFA / SFL / SPFL scalps.

Spellczech
15 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

You can't knock whoever writes Rangers statements (presumably Traynor) for the ability to weave together threats and dissembly in a single very lengthy statement.

5 paragraphs and only only of them has 2 sentences, other 4 are single sentences. You do wonder what the SFA is up to...

Can’t believe they’d mentioned grass roots football but never used the poor orphans being deprived because of the SFA ! 

Spellczech
1 minute ago, Meadows said:

Can’t believe they’d mentioned grass roots football but never used the poor orphans being deprived because of the SFA ! 

Yeah, it is pretty passive aggressive...

alwaysthereinspirit

You have to hand it to Newco. They have brass balls and are not afraid to pull them out and show them off to all and sundry.

They're basically baiting the SFA to try and **** with them. We all know they have a 5th ace up their sleeve. It'll be played when required.

The game of professional football is deid in Scotland.

Hopefully this has something to do with them failing to get a OOFA license this year.

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I would doubt UEFA were part of the 5 way agreement.

:-)

Don't think they will let them just do what they want if they are failing FFP.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44129307

"Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football."

ADMINISTRATION, why cant the BBC just say it how it is, liquidated, dead.

because they are still hoping fatty boom boom removes their ban

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I would doubt UEFA were part of the 5 way agreement.

The five parties were Oldco, Newco, SFA, SPL and SFL.

2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Turkish media reporting 4M bid made for Skrtel

Aye 4m Turkish lira

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Turkish media reporting 4M bid made for Skrtel

:rofl:

'Rangers bound.'

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44129307

"Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football."

ADMINISTRATION, why cant the BBC just say it how it is, liquidated, dead.

Yet the BBC rip into Russia for their media not reporting news that they think should be reported.

The BBC should have a big yellow streak for their cowardice.

1 hour ago, DVB said:

Yet the BBC rip into Russia for their media not reporting news that they think should be reported.

The BBC should have a big yellow streak for their cowardice.

:spoton:

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Oh, I do hope so.

Even 4 million Turkish Smarties might be a stretch for them at the moment.

PeterintheRain
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The five parties were Oldco, Newco, SFA, SPL and SFL.

Which just goes to show that Sevco and Deadco were, are and shall always be different clubs.  It would have been a 4 way agreement if they were the same club.

Where's that hunbear cretin to explain why black is white again and why he didn't let his club die?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic