Total disgrace / Goal not given (Merged Threads)

Armadale Jambo

I dont think this part is even up for debate.

It was a goal. Plain and simple.

The media admit as much, their manager has admitted as much, even their scumbag fans admit as much - yet still we have our OWN supporters claiming maybe it wasnt. Unreal.

some folk on here would argue black was white just to get some attention :down:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop

There's also the question of Ledley (who later scored) handling the ball on the line?

100% this, It was either a penalty or a goal!

5agx2e.gif

I'm not going to blame the players for what happened last night after what happened in the first three minutes.

When you have a goal not given when the ref is in the perfect position to see it and then they lucky ***** break and score who can be arsed? It must have been devastating mentally for the players - it certainly was for us in the stands.

There is no doubt the game would have at the very least been far, far tighter if that goal had stood. We would have been the fans singing and not the Celtic fans, we would have been the team playing with confidence, not Celtic.

That one minute changed the entire game, anyone who can't see that and are instead overreacting/seething OTT clearly know nothing about football.

I get what yer saying mate but all the same its about showing some guts and determination and puting it out of yer mind.

I certainly feel agrieved at their first two goals. I don`t think there has ever been a luckier team in the history of scottish football than that shower.

But even then i felt we gave up the ghost too easily. I know it then becomes a bit uncertain. Do we push up too much and leave ourselves open to further damage or sit in a bit and calm it down?

I didn`t really see either. We lost composure, we didn`t have enough fighters, we didn`t "want it" enough in 50/50`s or chasing down balls and trying to get in front of men....feckin riles me. One thing i hate seeing is lack of genuine desire.

Not enough of our players want to sweat blood, have a bit nastiness inside them to respond and lift their game on all fronts. I really didn`t think Celtic were all that and when we bothered to play a bit we could get in behind them.....but we simply don`t do it enough and many in our team don`t have the presence of mind on the park to realise they need to give more....

Definitely but if the linesman is out of position the two players could easily be obstructing his view. He is either incompetent or a cheat but neither if these things change how bad we were. That has got me a lot more raging than the linesman.

Have to agree with this to a large extent. So riled at how we reacted to that shite, shite decision and even more riled at the lack of response in any part of the game. The linesman may not have had the best view, but I had a much worse view than the ref and never needed any replays or assistants to tell me it was a goal.

I was in G in line with the 6 yard box and I don't need a picture to be 100% certain that ball was over the line.

The officials could maybe be excused for missing the ball being over the line, but there is no excuse for Collum missing the hand ball, imo.

Linesman/referee does not have the benefit of slow motion replays or stopped footage.

I had only a slightly poorer view at the game and could not be certain it was a goal. If they don't see it then they can't give it.

Directing you to the post above, Coco - I sit in upper G and there was absolutely no need for replays, slo mo or freeze frames. No excuses for missing that ball crossing the line AND the handball.

Absolutely ridiculous. Im sure Collum was looking straight on at the incident and could easily tell if it was over ffs. You don`t need a linemans all the time.......

Goalie right on line diving back the way to claw the ball out? ffs...

Unbelievable just how much that was in, it bounces over the line then travels further into the goal ffs. I saw it first time so surely one of the two officials should have seen it.

Officials bottle it again. Gollum's a Celtic fan is he not?

scottish_chicP

I can't believe there are people who aren't "convinced" it was a goal! Truly baffled actually!

alwaysthereinspirit

If it wasnt a goal, surely Ledley handled it aswell? Also Elliott not bursting the net from 2 yards out!!:vrface:

goal.jpg

This is now my screen saver. I've now taken great pleasure in explaining to the two English guys at work that this was Hearts first goal from last night.

They've both said the same thing "but I thought I saw the score as 0 - 4"

Thats my moment to shine.:thumbsup:

Even Chick Young and Jim Traynor are in the "it was a goal" camp. Both were pretty fair with Traynor in particular criticising Collum saying he had no sympathy with the officials as they didn't need technology last night. Both said even if he thought it wasn't over Celtic should have been down to ten men and a penalty awarded. It's testament to the fair-mindedness of Hearts fans that we only want the decision to reflect what actually happened as a rd card and a penalty would have arguably been a lot more advantageous.

Have to agree with this to a large extent. So riled at how we reacted to that shite, shite decision and even more riled at the lack of response in any part of the game. The linesman may not have had the best view, but I had a much worse view than the ref and never needed any replays or assistants to tell me it was a goal.

Directing you to the post above, Coco - I sit in upper G and there was absolutely no need for replays, slo mo or freeze frames. No excuses for missing that ball crossing the line AND the handball.

Ground level and with players in the way is a different matter from a view up in the gods.

Then again perhaps the linesman is a Celtic supporter or a St Mirren supporter. Or maybe he hates clubs owned by Lithuanians.

Or maybe he is one of the bizarre group of people willing to embarrass themselves by prancing up and down a touchline to a chorus of abuse every week ... and with their all too human mistakes pounced upon with trial by TV.

alwaysthereinspirit

it was right up there with this shambles of a decision

article-0-01F87AA20000044D-158_468x339.jpg

Totally different cicumstances here. Ours was over the line this one isn't even close.:whistling:

it was right up there with this shambles of a decision

article-0-01F87AA20000044D-158_468x339.jpg

Oi oi, how can you claim that's over the line? The ball hasn't even bounced. If it's not on the ground it's clearly inconclusive!

(hopefully you've read the whole thread so you can see what I'm getting at)

The way I think about it is:

If Samaras had header the ball over our line by the same distance and McDonald cleared it in the same fashion - would Celtic have gotten a goal?

There is no doubt in my mind Collum would have given it at the other end.

Ground level and with players in the way is a different matter from a view up in the gods.

Then again perhaps the linesman is a Celtic supporter or a St Mirren supporter. Or maybe he hates clubs owned by Lithuanians.

Or maybe he is one of the bizarre group of people willing to embarrass themselves by prancing up and down a touchline to a chorus of abuse every week ... and with their all too human mistakes pounced upon with trial by TV.

The referee certainly is.

As I said to Dazo, the linesman may have had his vision obscured - the ref had a great view though. Missing one of the two was forgivable, both is a lot of bullshit. The prat is getting paid decent money to get big decisions right and he got two wrong in the space of less than a second. :rolleyes:

Oi oi, how can you claim that's over the line? The ball hasn't even bounced. If it's not on the ground it's clearly inconclusive!

(hopefully you've read the whole thread so you can see what I'm getting at)

aye very good :-) the Spurs one v Man U is unquestionable. i still cannot say i'm totally convinced about last night's one. i realise that's not popular but it is my opinion. further thinking is that the way it comes off of Ledley it's moving gradually over the line - maybe an angle of 10 degrees but not full on in the direction of the net.

i admit that it was probably a goal but from what i've seen live and all the pics etc on here, i couldn't say that it's 100% a goal. just my tiny opinion against a wave of opposite views.

aye very good :-) the Spurs one v Man U is unquestionable. i still cannot say i'm totally convinced about last night's one. i realise that's not popular but it is my opinion. further thinking is that the way it comes off of Ledley it's moving gradually over the line - maybe an angle of 10 degrees but not full on in the direction of the net.

i admit that it was probably a goal but from what i've seen live and all the pics etc on here, i couldn't say that it's 100% a goal. just my tiny opinion against a wave of opposite views.

NURSE!

What's your opinion on the part of Joe Ledley's anatomy that (possibly) kept the ball out then? Just curious. Surely a penalty and a red card? In which case we've still been extremely hard done to.

1328787425[/url]' post='2708294']

I'm not going to blame the players for what happened last night after what happened in the first three minutes.

When you have a goal not given when the ref is in the perfect position to see it and then they lucky ***** break and score who can be arsed? It must have been devastating mentally for the players - it certainly was for us in the stands.

There is no doubt the game would have at the very least been far, far tighter if that goal had stood. We would have been the fans singing and not the Celtic fans, we would have been the team playing with confidence, not Celtic.

That one minute changed the entire game, anyone who can't see that and are instead overreacting/seething OTT clearly know nothing about football.

This, this and this.

Hackney Hearts

further thinking is that the way it comes off of Ledley it's moving gradually over the line - maybe an angle of 10 degrees but not full on in the direction of the net.

:rofl:

You're getting really desperate!

You seem even more determined than Collum not to see the goal - sure you're not a Celtic fan too? :wink:

I've seen some crazy comments here before but some on this thread are just astonishing.

blink.gif

I get that people want healthy debate but there's adopting the polar opposite viewpoint for the sake of balance and then there's just utter crackpot chat.

It's a goal every day of the week. Not even a smidgen of doubt about that.

Thunderstruck

I wonder what are the chances that Collum will get back to Tynecastle this season. I know we might only have half-a-dozen more home games but he surely won't be allowed to show face at one of our home games for some time.

When the halftime whistle went the linesman shot straight up the tunnel and never hung about to join the ref on the pitch like they normally do. I take it he didn't want to hang around to get pelters from the crowd as he knew the ball was over the line just like the cheating ref did. The game is corrupt in this country, vlad has got that right.

And with this one orangetinted2.jpg

I put a video of this incident up on YouTube a while back and while it was fairly conclusive that it was a dive from the TV pics that shot is amazingly clear, and it's almost from Davis's angle. Never seen that pic before.

There will come a time (may even have arrived already) when Davis will be doing the after dinner circuit telling Orange Lodges how HE won Rangers the league in 2005 and got a poor wee Lithuanian on his road to the status of "most hated man in Scotland" certainly the most hated man within the SFA's corridors. SFA wnak wnak wnak!

What's your opinion on the part of Joe Ledley's anatomy that (possibly) kept the ball out then? Just curious. Surely a penalty and a red card? In which case we've still been extremely hard done to.

Still wondering... :whistling:

Absolutely chronic chat. Elliott scores a goal and gets a row for not scoring it a way that suits you.

well we can't have an Irish player scoring against the wannabe Irish can we? that just not in good faith.

It is not the first time this season as Wallace scord for Rangers against them and it was not given.

I've herd that was also the same linesman...?

For our goal, The ball bounced fully over the line and then travelled further into the goal, the ref had a clear view

the intent (which is what the laws insist on) is debatable but i'd have given a red card and penalty. again, just my opinion.

:rofl:

You're getting really desperate!

You seem even more determined than Collum not to see the goal - sure you're not a Celtic fan too? :wink:

no need for abuse like that :angry:

It is not the first time this season as Wallace scord for Rangers against them and it was not given.

the Wallace one wasn't as close or clear cut as the other night. and remember that even McCoist said after the game that he couldn't definitely say it was a goal.

one thing that is consistent with these two "goals" is that there were no massive appeals from the players which is what can swing the officials. every single player in a maroon jersey should have been hounding the ref before the ball was cleared up the pitch.

in any case hopefully Collum is back at Tynecastle before the end of the season as we should get every decision out of pity or guilt or as a matter of these things "evening themselves out" which is what is supposed to happen!

Two goals chopped off is still two goals chopped off. The downtrodden will find it difficult to play the victim card if this keeps happening.

the Wallace one wasn't as close or clear cut as the other night. and remember that even McCoist said after the game that he couldn't definitely say it was a goal.

one thing that is consistent with these two "goals" is that there were no massive appeals from the players which is what can swing the officials. every single player in a maroon jersey should have been hounding the ref before the ball was cleared up the pitch.

in any case hopefully Collum is back at Tynecastle before the end of the season as we should get every decision out of pity or guilt or as a matter of these things "evening themselves out" which is what is supposed to happen!

You really are having a mare on this one to be honest.

Hackney Hearts

I think they just assumed it was so obvious - maybe if it had been less clear there might have been a bigger appeal. But once Collum's made his decision, do you really think hounding him up the pitch would make him change his mind? I think you'll find we would have been awarded a number of yellow cards (or red depending on the nature of the hounding).

I've only once seen the officials reverse a goal decision - and that was the other way round - when a legitimate goal was awarded then later disallowed in a League Cup match between Ayr Utd and somebody.

You really are having a mare on this one to be honest.

Erik, it's just my opinion. i honestly amn't doing it to rile or upset anyone or doing it just to be controversial. but i think it's time for me to leave this discussion before i'm accused of being a soap dodging, weedgie mhank again!

Hackney Hearts

before i'm accused of being a soap dodging, weedgie mhank again!

...yeah, sorry about that - I did put one of these ;) after it.

Two goals chopped off is still two goals chopped off. The downtrodden will find it difficult to play the victim card if this keeps happening.

They'll conveniently forget about them as usual.

Hearts as a club will be punished on the pitch for the rest of this season, refs and linesman in my opinion have already been instructed from the SPL/GFA to ensure this happens, Wednesday night was prime example, i have no doubt that we will see decisions going against us in the coming weeks. The scottish game is garbage, corrupt and run by idiots at the top who see only the ugly sisters from the west, even in the Wizard of Oz, evil stemmed from the west..in the case of football in scotland that evil sits in the Weegie city.

Hearts as a club will be punished on the pitch for the rest of this season, refs and linesman in my opinion have already been instructed from the SPL/GFA to ensure this happens, Wednesday night was prime example, i have no doubt that we will see decisions going against us in the coming weeks. The scottish game is garbage, corrupt and run by idiots at the top who see only the ugly sisters from the west, even in the Wizard of Oz, evil stemmed from the west..in the case of football in scotland that evil sits in the Weegie city.

does that include the linesman who wrongly flagged a Auchinleck Talbot goal offside or was that ok??

Take it on the chin and move on

I share your views.

Secret instructions sent out to target Hearts ... probably like the ones Tom Cruise gets which auto-destruct so that no evidence remains of those instructions.

I bet that the refs and linesmen get bonuses - maybe a new car each or a Florida holiday home - when they do give a decision against us, especially when it costs us a game. No doubt we will get another bad decision like you say when they stand to gain so much. There are bound to be incredible punishments for them too if they make a mistake and give us a throw in or a bye kick too. Maybe knee capping or a chinese burn.

That GFA lot really hate us and they will do anything to stop us getting our goats into their cabbage patch.

Keep up the good work of exposing their scam. :thumb:

:terrific:

Problem Officer?

Don't be silly. ;)

Problem Officer?

These things happen, remember the Auchinleck Talbot game, some u get some u dont :rolleyes:

Like the three penalties we should have got in the first half? :facepalm:

Archived