Total disgrace / Goal not given (Merged Threads)

Armadale Jambo

I didn't know that! So that's 2 perfectly good goals not been given against Celtic in the last 2 months in high profile games. But the refs are all for Rangers and against Celtic aren't they? Both these decisions obviously favoured Celtic but even tonight's one clearly doesn't do Rangers any favours. The bottom line is probably all fans think the big decisions go against their own team, whoever they support.

WTF cares anything about rangers ??

We are talking about an injuststice about HMFC

No one else

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting in section p it was quite clearly over the line. Doesn't excuse the shambles we became, but there should be no doubt that if the goal is given it is a different game.

It matters alot if the opposing team is one nil down

Cheated

FACT !!

It isnt just Celtic, its also rangers that get (and this is no exaggeration) 90% of the crucial/game changing decisions to go their way.

When do you ever see a team (not just hearts) get a decision that could potentially cause an upset against the old firm? Very rarely. It's always the old firm that get away with offside goals, red card challenges that go unpunished, and even little things like celebrating in front of opposing fans.

I'm not saying tonight was a perfect example of the bias towards the old firm as the referee actually might have actually had an excuse, but you cannot possibly deny that there have been a lot worse decisions given against old firm opposition COUNTLESS times over the years.

We (and other spl teams) will very very occasionally get an important decision to go our way against the old firm, but there's no doubt that they will get the vast majority of decisions to go their way.

And that can only be down the corrupt nature of the sfa.

I am firmly in the conspiracy camp. I have been going to watch Hearts for close on 40 years and nothing has changed; we continue to get the sh**ty end of the stick.

I hear the "not corrupt but incompetent" argument. Strange although how the incompetence of officials consistently favours the Old Firm.

Perhaps this is our reward for taking the p**s out of the SPL- a points deduction by stealth.

This is our punishment for taking the tax dodgers champions league money along with Kaunas

The weege dont like it up them

And we are still paying

Winnipeg Willie

And a straight red card.

wrong .. it can't be both. If the goal isn't given then it's a PK and a red for denying a clear goal. If the goal is given then it's a yellow for unsporting behaviour.

It isnt just Celtic, its also rangers that get (and this is no exaggeration) 90% of the crucial/game changing decisions to go their way.

When do you ever see a team (not just hearts) get a decision that could potentially cause an upset against the old firm? Very rarely. It's always the old firm that get away with offside goals, red card challenges that go unpunished, and even little things like celebrating in front of opposing fans.

I'm not saying tonight was a perfect example of the bias towards the old firm as the referee actually might have actually had an excuse, but you cannot possibly deny that there have been a lot worse decisions given against old firm opposition COUNTLESS times over the years.

We (and other spl teams) will very very occasionally get an important decision to go our way against the old firm, but there's no doubt that they will get the vast majority of decisions to go their way.

And that can only be down the corrupt nature of the sfa.

You have to remember

Neil Doncaster / Srewart Regan say that SKY have a contract for 4 old firm games and someone has to make sure this happens.

What else can they make sure happens ?????

:)

Corrupt to the Core !!

cheat.png

Proof, if proof be needed - sickener.

No proof needed

Everyone knew it was a goal

CORRUPT !! SFA / SPL

The whole world seen it.

Charlie-Brown

As the SFA Compliance Officer is very keen to ensure the righting of wrongs can we assume by tomorrow tea time they will have awarded us the goal retrospectively? :rolleyes:

We need a statement on the official Hearts website from our leader about this clear injustice.

There should be a police investigation into what's going on in Scottish football.

I am with you bro

But every football authority in the world is just as corrupt.

Until rangers go bust it will never change in scotland

SFA / SPL are only in existance to look after 2 clubs.

As the SFA Compliance Officer is very keen to ensure the righting of wrongs can we assume by tomorrow tea time they will have awarded us the goal retrospectively? :rolleyes:

Yeah , just like the Fysass sendeing off

Irrelevant after the fact

:angry:

Elliott could have easily kicked that...

Sorry for hogging this thread but i did have ?4 on Eliottt for 1st goal @ 10/1

I would have been happy with anyone scoring that legitamite goal

CHEATING Weegie c....

Howdy Doody Jambo

The compliance officer will offer us a goal

Another one that's forgotten the disallowed Rangers goal 2 months ago - at Ibrox of all places?

And the most clear cut, over the line, non goal I've seen was the Spurs one against Man Utd, so maybe the English refs are all against Spurs.

And penalties for fouls outside the box are pretty common (Fulton in the Cup Final, for example, or even the one we got against Hibs at Hampden).

But don't let any of that get in the way of a good old JKB conspiracy seethefest.

Do you really want to get involved in a tit-for-tat about decisions that have not gone our way in these fixtures?

Because for every Fulton in '98, we've had a good 2 or 3 injustices thrown our way.

my missus who is not a knowledagble person on football things said thats 1-0 that was over the line. then before celtic scored she said well if theyve not given it weas it not a penalty coz he handled it.

After celtic scored she said no wonder you cant be bothered that was a joke.

later in the game it was why is the ref speaking to the hearts players like that he didnt speak to the celtic player like that.

Think that summed it up perfectly for me ;)

ToadKiller Dog

The compliance officer will offer us a goal

More likely he will offer Elliott a 2 match ban for not acting in good faith toward Gollum . Gollum was clearly shit scared of Celtic like many of his buddies .

I think the referee had a tremendouly good game and all his decisions were fully in accord with the rules of the game!

cheat.png

Proof, if proof be needed - sickener.

Here Fozzy where are the 2 guys on the line obstructing the linesmans view? At the corner flag he'd have a clear view.

Here Fozzy where are the 2 guys on the line obstructing the linesmans view? At the corner flag he'd have a clear view.

You don't think the 2 celtic players to the right off the ball could have been obstructed the linesman's view ? blink.gif

It was obviously over the line and he should have been in a position to see it but to think those players could not be in his line of sight is pretty dumb.

At the end of the day from that point onwards we were f*ucking chronic, still anything to divert the heat.

Reading this thread this morning, and in particular the views of those who seem keen to stick the boot in to Hearts - some going as far as to 'blame' Elliott for his goal being chopped off, has just made me even angrier than I was last night.

The fact we got pumped 4-0 doesnt excuse the fact that the ridiculous decision in the second minute of the game changed everything.

Instead of being 2 minutes in, a goal up, on the front foot and brimming with confidence - we found ourselves cheated out of a goal, stuffing knocked out of us, put on the back foot AND instead finding ourselves a goal down.

That made for an entirely different game.

I guess its a bit like lining up to run a marathon, and someone coming in and giving you two dead legs and kicking you in the nuts and then still being expected to keep pace with them.

Whats also angered me is the attitude that its somehow 'ok' for this injustice 'cos Celtic were worth their win anyway'. Heard a lot of folk peddling out the 'Yeah it was a goal, BUT........' - i'm sorry, but there is simply no 'but' about it. And you can talk paranoia all you like - but if this had panned out with the shoe on the other foot, there would be uproar in the media about it.

Reading this thread this morning, and in particular the views of those who seem keen to stick the boot in to Hearts - some going as far as to 'blame' Elliott for his goal being chopped off, has just made me even angrier than I was last night.

The fact we got pumped 4-0 doesnt excuse the fact that the ridiculous decision in the second minute of the game changed everything.

Instead of being 2 minutes in, a goal up, on the front foot and brimming with confidence - we found ourselves cheated out of a goal, stuffing knocked out of us, put on the back foot AND instead finding ourselves a goal down.

That made for an entirely different game.

I guess its a bit like lining up to run a marathon, and someone coming in and giving you two dead legs and kicking you in the nuts and then still being expected to keep pace with them.

Whats also angered me is the attitude that its somehow 'ok' for this injustice 'cos Celtic were worth their win anyway'. Heard a lot of folk peddling out the 'Yeah it was a goal, BUT........' - i'm sorry, but there is simply no 'but' about it. And you can talk paranoia all you like - but if this had panned out with the shoe on the other foot, there would be uproar in the media about it.

Totally agree with this. Even the strange formation might have worked had we gone 1-0 up. Celtic had an hour (before we changed back to 4 at the back) to hit our back 3 on the break which we couldn't handle. It's a completely different game if we have Hamill and Grainger making it a back five when having to defend rather than being caught upfield chasing a game we should not have been chasing.

For those excusing the officials, have a word ffs. It was a shocker of a decision. Maybe possible to give linesman benefit of the doubt but as a team they should definitely have got that call right!

You don't think the 2 celtic players to the right off the ball could have been obstructed the linesman's view ? blink.gif

It was obviously over the line and he should have been in a position to see it but to think those players could not be in his line of sight is pretty dumb.

At the end of the day from that point onwards we were f*ucking chronic, still anything to divert the heat.

and this is why tv evidence should be used

they dont use it as they want to keep the big teams at the top

Thunderstruck

The irony is that, half-an-hour before kick off, the Beeb had an interview with one of the "elite" Refs who are on a jolly at La Manga. He was telling us how they were doing full days of fitness work, viewing scenarios and reviewing decisions. There was an impression to be gained that we have some of the best in the business.

Apparently, Gollum is number 2 in Scotland. If so, I despair of the rest.

In the first two minutes he completely missed a goal and then failed to act when Brown acted in an inciteful manner towards the home fans.

Small comfort, but perhaps the Compliance Officer could be encouraged to look at the Brown incident and offer a yellow.

That ship has sailed mate and did so as soon as Collum showed Brown a yellow late on. If he's offered a yellow then would that not mean a red? I've put it in question format because I genuinely believe the Compliance Officer has carte Blanche to make things up as he goes...

Dazo, the guy on the post is stepping away from the front of the post, the only person who could obstruct the linesmans view is Ledley as you can't see his feet so can't judge how much/little of the ball the linesman could see

Dazo, the guy on the post is stepping away from the front of the post, the only person who could obstruct the linesmans view is Ledley as you can't see his feet so can't judge how much/little of the ball the linesman could see

Definitely but if the linesman is out of position the two players could easily be obstructing his view. He is either incompetent or a cheat but neither if these things change how bad we were. That has got me a lot more raging than the linesman.

kingantti1874

After seeing the video from along the byeline, I'm not convinced it was in, remember, the whole ball has to cross the line.

**** off... 22 posts and you come out with this shit... Hmm

3rd gen jambo

After seeing the video from along the byeline, I'm not convinced it was in, remember, the whole ball has to cross the line.

Look at post above from Wedge Antilles - are you a hobo or do you not read other posts?

Thunderstruck

Picture on front page of Herald = OVER THE LINE.

incidentally on p4 of the Herald's Sports section there is an article on Refs and a huge, bold quote from Willie Young:

"Some referees cannot make big decisions in big games. Some bottle it all the time".

Apologies to Fozzy just saw a picture in the paper and Ledley had stepped back over the line but the guy on the post was in front of the line and shouldn't have blocked the linesmans view.

First time I've watched it since the game it was a clear goal as shown above and by the time the keeper pushes it out its even further over the line.

It all makes the defeat harder to take if that goal counts its a different game

and this is why tv evidence should be used

they dont use it as they want to keep the big teams at the top

don't confuse TV evidence with goal line technology. quite regularly the TV evidence remains inconclusive. that'd slow the game down, goal line technology probably wouldn't.

i still feel that the stills on this thread do not prove the whole of the ball crossed all the way over the line. but on the basis that the ball was still travelling before the 'keeper scooped it out then it was probably a goal. but the pics etc on here still do not prove that 100% for me.

mahgrassyshoes

I was in G in line with the 6 yard box and I don't need a picture to be 100% certain that ball was over the line.

The officials could maybe be excused for missing the ball being over the line, but there is no excuse for Collum missing the hand ball, imo.

mahgrassyshoes

don't confuse TV evidence with goal line technology. quite regularly the TV evidence remains inconclusive. that'd slow the game down, goal line technology probably wouldn't.

i still feel that the stills on this thread do not prove the whole of the ball crossed all the way over the line. but on the basis that the ball was still travelling before the 'keeper scooped it out then it was probably a goal. but the pics etc on here still do not prove that 100% for me.

In the picture quoted at the top of the page you see a ball on the ground, a green patch, then a white line. That's not conclusive?! :blink:

Errr, that's pretty obvious - the officials can't give what they don't see, so if they don't see the ball go over the line, they don't give a goal and play on.

What id like to know is why Gollum required the linesmans assistance on this? Can understand linesmans uncertainty due to the number of players in box but wee wullie had a clear view!!! So to say he didnt see it is nonsense...to be honest we got pumped,firstly by officials then the unwashed weeg

Hackney Hearts

but the pics etc on here still do not prove that 100% for me.

I don't want to be rude, but is there something wrong with your eyesight, or your computer/phone screen?

The far side of the line - i.e. the side with the net on it - is a "goal".

In the picture quoted at the top of the page you see a ball on the ground, a green patch, then a white line. That's not conclusive?! :blink:

that ball is not on the ground. and, to me, it doesn't look as if the pitch side edge of the ball is fully over the line below it. in any case, none of the four officials on duty have the benefit of that aerial view. as i said previously it probably shows that the ball is probably going over the line to a probable goal. but for me, that does not show a definite goal.

Thunderstruck

that ball is not on the ground. and, to me, it doesn't look as if the pitch side edge of the ball is fully over the line below it. in any case, none of the four officials on duty have the benefit of that aerial view. as i said previously it probably shows that the ball is probably going over the line to a probable goal. but for me, that does not show a definite goal.

FFS even Lennon thought it was a goal.

Hackney Hearts

Exactly this. Roddy Forsyth on the radio this morning said it was a goal but dismissed its relevance by simply saying "them's the breaks" like it would only have been a consolation.

Everyone knows how important the first goal is in this type of fixture, it dictates the whole game, psychologically and tactically.

Hackney Hearts

that ball is not on the ground.

Yes it is. The shadows on either side tell you that. If the ball was off the ground there would be a shadow underneath it.

and, to me, it doesn't look as if the pitch side edge of the ball is fully over the line below it.
This is probably because you're making the above mistake. Or you're trolling, I don't know.

in any case, none of the four officials on duty have the benefit of that aerial view.

But as you say, the ball still had further to go even after that aerial view - they must have really been quite keen not to award a goal, for whatever reason.

I think if Neil Lennon says it was a goal for Hearts, then perhaps you should have another look.

Problem Officer?

I'm not going to blame the players for what happened last night after what happened in the first three minutes.

When you have a goal not given when the ref is in the perfect position to see it and then they lucky ***** break and score who can be arsed? It must have been devastating mentally for the players - it certainly was for us in the stands.

There is no doubt the game would have at the very least been far, far tighter if that goal had stood. We would have been the fans singing and not the Celtic fans, we would have been the team playing with confidence, not Celtic.

That one minute changed the entire game, anyone who can't see that and are instead overreacting/seething OTT clearly know nothing about football.

I'm not going to blame the players for what happened last night after what happened in the first three minutes.

When you have a goal not given when the ref is in the perfect position to see it and then they lucky ***** break and score who can be arsed? It must have been devastating mentally for the players - it certainly was for us in the stands.

There is no doubt the game would have at the very least been far, far tighter if that goal had stood. We would have been the fans singing and not the Celtic fans, we would have been the team playing with confidence, not Celtic.

That one minute changed the entire game, anyone who can't see that and are instead overreacting/seething OTT clearly know nothing about football.

This 100%

Correct.

The early goal, and the circumstances behind it, gave that mob the perfect start on and off the pitch.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if that had happened in our favour but I genuinely do not believe the ref would have done anything other than give sellick the goal. He panicked, it was too early for such a call and he bottled it.

And as someone else mentioned - it was a shocking finish from Elliott - he should have had the net bulging with a free header from 1 yard out!

Also Elliott not bursting the net from 2 yards out!!:vrface:

goal.jpg

Absolutely chronic chat. Elliott scores a goal and gets a row for not scoring it a way that suits you.

Linesman/referee does not have the benefit of slow motion replays or stopped footage.

I had only a slightly poorer view at the game and could not be certain it was a goal. If they don't see it then they can't give it.

Charlie-Brown

Linesman/referee does not have the benefit of slow motion replays or stopped footage.

I had only a slightly poorer view at the game and could not be certain it was a goal. If they don't see it then they can't give it.

That's funny because Willie Collum managed to give a penalty in an Old Firm game last season when he had his back to the play & players involved?

Anyway has the SFA Compliance Officer offered us a goal yet? :whistling:

I dont think this part is even up for debate.

It was a goal. Plain and simple.

The media admit as much, their manager has admitted as much, even their scumbag fans admit as much - yet still we have our OWN supporters claiming maybe it wasnt. Unreal.

Archived