Training at Spartans (Merged topics)

Tasavallan

Howdy Doody Jambo

I wonder how much it would cost to replace both artifical surfaces at Riccarton (inside and outside) with the latest surface. World of Football replaced all their pitches recently with the latest artifical surfaces and its like night and day. Could Hearts and Heriot-Watt agree to share the fee.

Heriot Watt own the campus they should keep it maintained with the latest safest surface , not up to us we just rent

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's around ?500K for a latest generation pitch, but I don't know if that cost is to install one from scratch or as a replacement for an older generation surface.

Mate of mine works for the company UEFA employs to do them & I'm sure it's the same for install & replacing (he is on kickback so maybe will clarify?)

I think the main problem with these pitches is the fact that they need to be brushed & maintained properly or they just wear down & are rubbish & beyond repair!

Believe the indoor pitch has a really old surface underneath & this affects the surface & using it regularly affects players with joint issues

They truly are the biggest bunch of absolute fandangos in the entire universe.

Has truer words even been said?

almost certain thats not the case about us having paid up front for 25 years robinsons intention was to ring fence 4-5 m for us to part own the facility but it never happened for whatever reason

Was wondering why Tynecastle isn't used.

Frozen pitch. Can't use undersoil heating during the week if it's not essential. Costs money.

i've played on both the indoor and outdoor pitches at riccarton and the indoor pitch is poor IMO. on a few occasions i have felt really heavy legged after playing on it.

the outdoor pitch on the otherhand felt pretty good.

My neighbour is connected with Spartans and he was telling me this story this morning. Says that Heriot -Watt have finally kicked them out of Riccarton due to non-payment of the facilities being used. Yams approached Spartans and enquired about training facilities. They were pleasantly upfront about it and told Spartans that they would not be in a position to pay for the use of the training facilities, but in return, the Spartans boys would get free tickets etc for a number of Yams games. When it was worked out what the cost of renting them training stuff in comaprison to the alleged cost of the tickets, the ticket cost came out on top. Win win all round.

:rofl:

I cringe at the very existence of these people.

Some of the posts on .net about this subject are absolutely tragic

I will say though, I've seen some baiting of Hibs on here that is done for no reason other than being Hibs

Nicholas Brody

Having a look on shite.net it seems Hibs were training at ER today. So, by Hibs fan logic, Hibs have been kicked out East mains. Makes perfect sense actually.

:interesting:

They really are pathetic aren't they?? Imagine being so obsessed in your rivals business that you fabricate a non story about us using another training facility due to ours being frozen.

PATH-ET-IC!!

:thumbsdown:

Malcolm Tucker

I can see said 5s pitch from my flat!

Look down upon the pitches at 9pm on a Thursday.

Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

:greggy:

Or it could be that Sergio wanted them to train outside and Spartans have a artifical pitch which is full size (despite what the hobbits over there think, the inside pitch is not full sized, it is 2/3rds size.)

What I dont understand, is why didnt we build a full-size on in the first place?

There may be a good reason for it, but it seems a little badly thought out to me.

What I dont understand, is why didnt we build a full-size on in the first place?

There may be a good reason for it, but it seems a little badly thought out to me.

The designer was a dwarf?

Ultimately, the only thing that matters is our long and continuing dominance of the wee team.

2927646430.jpg

Walter Bishop

:what:

Originally Posted by itchy07

"For the record, my original thread title was training facilities. I know nothing about why they've moved to Spartans but i trust the source 100%, i asked him earlier in the week if the rumour was true and he refused to comment but was interested where i'd heard the story"

So his source gave him the story and then refused to comment when asked about it? :cornette:

:what:

Originally Posted by itchy07

"For the record, my original thread title was training facilities. I know nothing about why they've moved to Spartans but i trust the source 100%, i asked him earlier in the week if the rumour was true and he refused to comment but was interested where i'd heard the story"

So his source gave him the story and then refused to comment when asked about it? :cornette:

And also asked where he heard it.

:cornette:

Cardiac Rucksack

Dashing Bob has a business account. :facepalm:

A biscuit tin under his single bed in the box room of his elderly parents council flat.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dashing Bob has a business account. :facepalm:

A biscuit tin under his single bed in the box room of his elderly parents council flat.

:rofl:

:D

I believe the Wee Team's problem lies in their breaking of the last two of the Ten Commandments:

"Do not give false witness against your neighbour."

"Do not long for anything* that belongs to your neighbour."

Exodus 20:16-17 NIrV

* The list is endless

:vrface: if the Hobos were correct in what they say, we were due to go bust 3 years ago.

I thought Vlad was going to sell Tynie 6 years ago (according to goingdown.net)

Just shows you how many of them (well the ones who can read) believe what the Sun says.

:facepalm:

Archived