Training at Spartans (Merged topics)

Tasavallan

Only trouble with Ainslie Park, there's ******* dog shit all over the shop.

Ate...seemingly it's Ian murrays dug...:)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they actually have a section of their board dedicated specifically to us?

Yes, it's called 'Main Forum'

Nicholas Brody

Yes, it's called 'Main Forum'

:rofl:

For years we have been on the verge of going out of business according to Hibs fans. Its tragic really that there only real hope of getting one up on us is if we go out of business :vrface: Getting kicked out of riccarton has been done a few times by them though. Conveyor belt of pish stories from their 'mate that works at Hearts' that are pretty much always not true.

The Riccarton pitches are frozen and Sergio wanted the team to train outside as the indoor pitches at Riccarton are not full size. Spartans have state of the art pitches so making use of them in this poor weather.

The Riccarton pitches are frozen and Sergio wanted the team to train outside as the indoor pitches at Riccarton are not full size. Spartans have state of the art pitches so making use of them in this poor weather.

Why do hearts not have these facilities?

Charlie-Brown

Because it's better to train on grass.

That must be why Obua seems so laid back? Blackie's alleged drug of choice might also explain his playing style? :sweat:

but they are not training on grass as Spartans astro?

i assume better to train on full-size astro pitch than a 2/3 one.

Because the grass is frozen :facepalm:

Im a bit surprised that we dont have a full size astro pitch, for when the grass is frozen...

Im a bit surprised that we dont have a full size astro pitch, for when the grass is frozen...

Why? It's never going to get used (or rarely) so the cost effectiveness is off the chart and there are facilities to use at Spartans.

No big deal when they can use spartans. Why is this even an issue?

We do. It runs alongside the pitch that the U-19's use.

There is the possibility that it was booked out for part of the day. SRU use Riccarton occasionally.

There is the possibility that it was booked out for part of the day. SRU use Riccarton occasionally.

OK, Thanks for your answer.

No big deal when they can use spartans. Why is this even an issue?

No issue at all. I just "thought" that we would have had these facilities in place.

Sorry for being wrong??

Just noticed the other thread about HIV fans having a moan about it!

We as not as bad as Hibs. Remember when the strong winds were here, Fenlon had them training outside where they could hardly stand, then cancelled training, despite them supposedly having the finest indoor facilities in the world.

The People's Chimp

If it's not undersoil heated, it's likely to be frozen. I played fives on a frozen "goals" pitch in Glasgow last night and it was a death trap. Horrendous. Folk were slipping all over the shop.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Some of the 'patter' on that thread is absolutely atrocious.

"hahahahearts"

"Gorgski Road"

:vrface:

God hibs fans crack me up like. I have had one saying were getting kicked out of Riccarton cause we can't afford it. If that is the most exciting thing they have to talk about then wow they are pathetic.

Frozen pitch that is the reason, nothing more, nothing less.

Malcolm Tucker

If it's not undersoil heated, it's likely to be frozen. I played fives on a frozen "goals" pitch in Glasgow last night and it was a death trap. Horrendous. Folk were slipping all over the shop.

Townhead playing surface was absolutely fine.

:greggy:

God hibs fans crack me up like. I have had one saying were getting kicked out of Riccarton cause we can't afford it. If that is the most exciting thing they have to talk about then wow they are pathetic.

Frozen pitch that is the reason, nothing more, nothing less.

It distracts them from the fact their new signing new hee haw about them but knew about us and how we are a great club to play for.

The People's Chimp

So, Shawlands has the flat of chat AND frozen pitches?

paterson.jpg

Say what you like about the place, but they've set out to be a suburb of Glasgow and you've got to say they've managed it so on that front I've got to say well played, but, looking at it again, that's a shocking performance from shawlands there and you don't win many cups doing that at the end of the day.

Every time I've been up to Riccarton during the week I've never ever seen anyone play on that astro.

Seems strange Hearts couldn't train on that, but as has been said Spartans pitch is awesome

Every time I've been up to Riccarton during the week I've never ever seen anyone play on that astro.

Seems strange Hearts couldn't train on that, but as has been said Spartans pitch is awesome

I've seen the U19's train on the astro at Riccarton.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was frozen this morning, there's every possibility that Riccarton could be frozen but Spartans not, so quite reasonable that Hearts have decided to train outdoors on a full size un-frozen astro pitch rather than either a frozen astro pitch or a 3/4 size indoor pitch.

The astro at Riccarton is IMHO better than the Spartans training pitch, I've not seen their new main pitch to comment on it. But I believe it's the very latest generation of artificial turf and very, very good.

I'd say Riccarton astro is the best (except Spartans main) astro pitch in Edinburgh.

Also played last night over at Goals in Shawlands, our pitch was fine. :thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

So, Shawlands has the flat of chat AND frozen pitches?

I'm moving out in 3 weeks.

:jjyay:

paterson.jpg

Say what you like about the place, but they've set out to be a suburb of Glasgow and you've got to say they've managed it so on that front I've got to say well played, but, looking at it again, that's a shocking performance from shawlands there and you don't win many cups doing that at the end of the day.

:lol:

Well played.

The astro at Riccarton was indeed frozen and that is why a session was arranged at Spartans.

FWIW the players reckon the Astro pitch at Riccarton is hopeless.

Marooned In Oz

I can see said 5s pitch from my flat!

The astro at Riccarton was indeed frozen and that is why a session was arranged at Spartans.

FWIW the players reckon the Astro pitch at Riccarton is hopeless.

Slagging off the Hobos but that aside, I have never been convinced about Riccarton. Ther seems to be limited options and an increased injury rate.

I'd say Riccarton astro is the best (except Spartans main) astro pitch in Edinburgh.

Meggatland is the best I'd say. Saughton isn't bad & Spartans main pitch looked good when the 19s played there

Playing at Riccarton for the Uni on Wednesday so will find out what the 3G there is really like

Meggatland is the best I'd say. Saughton isn't bad & Spartans main pitch looked good when the 19s played there

Playing at Riccarton for the Uni on Wednesday so will find out what the 3G there is really like

Meggetland is indeed excellent as is Broughton High School.

It's a couple of years since I played at Riccarton, and maybe I was 'phased' by the whole Hearts Academy thing, but I still from memory would say it's the best. Ofcourse it may have deteriorated in that time too.

williamgerrard

Just heard from a good source(deluded.net) we are going bust PMSL .We will never go bust hivs just keep dreaming HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN will still be here kicking hivs backsides in years to come ps hopefully gonna be 111 years without the cup lol

scottish_chicP

I can't believe how big a thread this is on hibs.net :facepalm: those guys really need to get some help!

Alwaysinourshadows

I can't believe how big a thread this is on hibs.net :facepalm: those guys really need to get some help!

You've just got to laugh at them mate

Howdy Doody Jambo

I did hear a story from a source connected in the East of Scotland league a month ago, that Heriot Watt wanted rent up front for the hire of Riccarton maybe explains why we are not training there , whats wrong with the astro pitches at Riccarton anyway ?

jamboinglasgow

I did hear a story from a source connected in the East of Scotland league a month ago, that Heriot Watt wanted rent up front for the hire of Riccarton maybe explains why we are not training there , whats wrong with the astro pitches at Riccarton anyway ?

as mentioned earlier, we have already paid them upfront, 8 years ago for the next 25 years.

Some of the 'patter' on that thread is absolutely atrocious.

"hahahahearts"

"Gorgski Road"

:vrface:

woot.gif They're still discussing it as if it was for real. Muppets.

Howdy Doody Jambo

as mentioned earlier, we have already paid them upfront, 8 years ago for the next 25 years.

So have Spartans got the undersoil heating on as well , seems a fair treck to make for a training session, Why couldnt we have used Tynecastle ?

Alwaysinourshadows

So have Spartans got the undersoil heating on as well , seems a fair treck to make for a training session, Why couldnt we have used Tynecastle ?

Pretty obvious reason really, if we trained today it might effect the condition of the pitch for sunday?

jamboinglasgow

Was wondering why Tynecastle isn't used.

Footballfirst

It's an artifical surface, not an all weather one. The pitch at Riccarton freezes up quite readily because one side of it lies in the shadow of the trees and there is a mound at one end which reduces the amount of sunlight it receives during the winter months.

I'm unaware of the surface having been renewed since it was installed (in 2004?), therefore it is of an older generation and thus not as good, or forgiving, as the latest surfaces at Ainslie Park etc.

Nelly Terraces

Hearts could train in the ******* street and we'd still beast those rodents every season.

Not an issue, nothing to see here, move along...

jamboinglasgow

It's an artifical surface, not an all weather one. The pitch at Riccarton freezes up quite readily because one side of it lies in the shadow of the trees and there is a mound at one end which reduces the amount of sunlight it receives during the winter months.

I'm unaware of the surface having been renewed since it was installed (in 2004?), therefore it is of an older generation and thus not as good, or forgiving, as the latest surfaces at Ainslie Park etc.

I wonder how much it would cost to replace both artifical surfaces at Riccarton (inside and outside) with the latest surface. World of Football replaced all their pitches recently with the latest artifical surfaces and its like night and day. Could Hearts and Heriot-Watt agree to share the fee.

Footballfirst

I wonder how much it would cost to replace both artifical surfaces at Riccarton (inside and outside) with the latest surface. World of Football replaced all their pitches recently with the latest artifical surfaces and its like night and day. Could Hearts and Heriot-Watt agree to share the fee.

I think it's around ?500K for a latest generation pitch, but I don't know if that cost is to install one from scratch or as a replacement for an older generation surface.

Artificial surfaces still need to be maintained, with regular brushing and decompacting the sub-strata. Again I've never see anyone doing maintenance on the Riccarton surface any time I've been out there

Archived