Training at Spartans (Merged topics)

Tasavallan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really should waken up to the fact that they are not far behind in the shitty waters stakes, if they go down which is a distinct possibility they will go tits up quicker than us or the huns

jamboinglasgow

Or it could be that Sergio wanted them to train outside and Spartans have a artifical pitch which is full size (despite what the hobbits over there think, the inside pitch is not full sized, it is 2/3rds size.)

Or it could be that Sergio wanted them to train outside and Spartans have a artifical pitch which is full size (despite what the hobbits over there think, the inside pitch is not full sized, it is 2/3rds size.)

Nah man, it's because students wanted to play tennis, and they get precedence because they have the keys, etc, foam, etc.

jamboinglasgow

Nah man, it's because students wanted to play tennis, and they get precedence because they have the keys, etc, foam, etc.

Of course, silly me for thinking the club which has a financial 25 year agreement with a university for priority use of the facilities will always be ahead a couple of students wanted to play in the indoor pitch. The hobos are onto the greatest scandal since watergate, though I think when they talk about their source and deepthroat i dont think they mean it in the way the Washington Post used it.

Nucky Thompson

They've been trotting out the same made up pish about Riccarton and the students for years now :lol: Their site reminds me of that transfer rumour site where everything is total fantasy. You would think by law of averages and the amount of time dedicated to posting about their superior rivals that they would get one thing right :lol:

SPL website today says that the Hearts v Motherwell U19 game is off due to a frozen pitch.

Don't want to stop the Hobo's getting worked up but this might be why we are training away from Riccarton today?

:vrface: if the Hobos were correct in what they say, we were due to go bust 3 years ago.

Longer than that mate, they were trotting that pash after we had won the cup!!

SPL website today says that the Hearts v Motherwell U19 game is off due to a frozen pitch.

Don't want to stop the Hobo's getting worked up but this might be why we are training away from Riccarton today?

Nah. It's defo cos we're going out of business. Tick tock etc.

Has anybody noticed since Hibs have had their super-dooper training complex opened they have been in steady decline on and off the pitch?

Shame.

::troll:::'>

They just will never get over the fact that we are superior in every way, but if it keeps them from relagation suicide watch, well....where is the harm. rolleyes.gif

loveofthegame

FWIW the Spartans facility is absolutely 1st class and for whatever reason we are using it, it's not a big deal!

Exactly, ?2.5m up front for 25 years rent at ?100k per annum is what we paid. I think there may be a small payment to be made each year (maybe for upkeep/wear and tear) but our ?2.5m paid the vast majority back in 2000 or whenever.

If the hibbies think we haven't paid rent then perhaps they should ask themselves a very simple question - Why would we hand over ?2.5m to the owners of a building we didn't own if it wasn't to enable us to use it? Trumpets.

This is the 3rd or 4th time hibsnet have had a thread on us getting kicked out of Riccarton and surprise surprise all the rumours turned out to be BS.

We paid 2.5million up front to use Riccarton for 25 years?

Mr Brightside

Has anybody noticed since Hibs have had their super-dooper training complex opened they have been in steady decline on and off the pitch?

Shame.

::troll:::'>

I don't know why Hibs fans get on their high horses about the Hibs training centre. I regularly use the Hibs training centre as there is a 7 a side league there on a Sunday and it is definitely not 'state of the art'.

The main outdoor pitch has quite a large slope on it from one touchline to the other (I assume for drainage) but its far greater than any other full size astro surface I have played on (Riccarton, Saughton or Spartans).

Two set of floodlights on the main outdoor pitch are faulty, there is regularly no soap, lighting, heat or hot water in the changing area we get to use, they cry it 'the barn'.

'The barn' that houses the indoor pitch is fairly small, similar to a pitch at world of soccer.

To be fair the grass pitches look in good condition, and I assume they have gym facilities etc indoors and it is commendable that they have their own training centre but its not state of the art its a couple of grass pitches and a large astro pitch with poor lighting and shelter to the elements.

:vrface: if the Hobos were correct in what they say, we were due to go bust 3 years ago.

This. And that should be that, we should have stopped entertaining what those muppets have to say as soon as Tynecastle didn't get sold to Cala homes. Let them try and nurse their inferiority complex by talking about us instead of relegation but we have far more important issues to concern ourselves with than what they think.

We paid 2.5million up front to use Riccarton for 25 years?

Definitely paid something, it came off the SMG money.

Whens the lease up? 2027 or something?

jamboinglasgow

Definitely paid something, it came off the SMG money.

Whens the lease up? 2027 or something?

It will be 25 years after 2004 (when the academy opened) so 2029.

I thought they clowns would be too embarrassed by now to still be clutching at pathetic scenarios.

They genuinely have no shame.

Following hibs must be ****ing shit eh.

They have a bigger and better stadium and a wanky new 'fully owned' ::troll:::'> training facility, yet we continue to finish higher in the league and each time we play them we bend them over and send a big hairy length right up their doofer.

:lol:

Yes, why do you ask?

Edit - here's confirmation......

The Company's balance sheet includes the cost of the completion of the Youth

Academy on the Riccarton Campus at Heriot-Watt University. This represents an

investment to date of ?2.54 million.

From...........

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=200411290700207337F

I only ask because I wasn't aware of it.

I don't doubt the premise, but are you sure that is for rent? It doesn't look like it to me.

Also paying 25 years rent up front would be a very strange financial arrangement. In fact it would be folly.

But, as I said, I could be wrong.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

They've been trotting out the same made up pish about Riccarton and the students for years now :lol: Their site reminds me of that transfer rumour site where everything is total fantasy. You would think by law of averages and the amount of time dedicated defacated to posting about their superior rivals that they would get one thing right :lol:

Fixed that for you.

While Scottish football continues on it's journey towards financial meltdown, and we struggle to get excited about playing St Johnstone for the 124th time in 3 years, my disdain for these absolute mingebags only grows as the years go by.

Mr Brightside

Also paying 25 years rent up front would be a very strange financial arrangement. In fact it would be folly.

Not really maybe there was a substantial discount for rent up front?

Also in 25 years the facilities will be dated and need upgraded or replaced, being a tennant means hearts won't need to bear the full cost of this and can asses any other options available at this time.

I only ask because I wasn't aware of it.

I don't doubt the premise, but are you sure that is for rent? It doesn't look like it to me.

But, as I said, I could be wrong.

We gave them the money to assist with the development of the facility and in turn we get use of them for 25 years.

Have you never heard of joint ventures? Not strange at all in the least.

I'm sick of us constantly going bust like this, It's not exactly a recipe for stability is it?

Sort it out Mr Woemanov.

:angry:

We gave them the money to assist with the development of the facility and in turn we get use of them for 25 years.

Have you never heard of joint ventures? Not strange at all in the least.

A joint development venture certainly does make sense.

My mis-givings were that if it was solely for rent, as implied, then there are far better ways to do it.

Not trying to be funny but why would we give them ?2.5m if it wasn't to use the facilities?!

See above.

I wasn't aware that the rental period is in return of an investment in the facilities.

Not really maybe there was a substantial discount for rent up front?

Also in 25 years the facilities will be dated and need upgraded or replaced, being a tennant means hearts won't need to bear the full cost of this and can asses any other options available at this time.

It would have to be an astronomical discount for that scenario to be viable.

That thread is hilarious!

One mention of a training session at Spartans and the lot of them are off like mangy whippets to have a look a the business rates arrangements for the ground just on the off chance they might spot something which allows them to form tenuous links with councillor pals convincing other council pals to give us freebies "yet again". What in the actual...? Meanwhile others are claiming to be ITK about us trying to "get a deal with Spartans, ken" because we "canny pay Riccarton, ken"....or sitting back watching the thread spin into even more nonsense whilst muttering darkly about "nails in coffins" and repeating sub letting clauses from the tenancy contract at Ainslie Park like some sort of voodoo mantra.

Then some sensible soul comes along and ruins it all....

Probably nothing in it. Really looks like we're clutching at straws here. You can actually sense the proverbial pant wetting from some on here, the minute a negative finance related post about Hearts goes up - which, as usual, turns out to be nothing again.

Really...you think? :biggrin:

each time we play them we bend them over and send a big hairy length right up their doofer.

Was in fits of childish laughter at that :lol:

Mr Brightside

It would have to be an astronomical discount for that scenario to be viable.

Well on the scenario that we paid ?2.5m upfront for 25 years, ?100k a year for priority use of a training centre seems like a good deal to me.

The Old Tolbooth

That thread is hilarious!

One mention of a training session at Spartans and the lot of them are off like mangy whippets to have a look a the business rates arrangements for the ground just on the off chance they might spot something which allows them to form tenuous links with councillor pals convincing other council pals to give us freebies "yet again". What in the actual...? Meanwhile others are claiming to be ITK about us trying to "get a deal with Spartans, ken" because we "canny pay Riccarton, ken"....or sitting back watching the thread spin into even more nonsense whilst muttering darkly about "nails in coffins" and repeating sub letting clauses from the tenancy contract at Ainslie Park like some sort of voodoo mantra.

Then some sensible soul comes along and ruins it all....

Really...you think? :biggrin:

Summed up beautifully Red! :D

I never usually look at there site as its them.

My word what a lot of morons! What's the chances its in the sun the morn.

Notorious BIG

Was up at the astro at 12 and all the players had just finished training on the big pitch, i thought they trained at riccarton??

The People's Chimp

Was up at the astro at 12 and all the players had just finished training on the big pitch, i thought they trained at riccarton??

It's basically the end mate.

Been turfed out of Riccarton, fire sale beckons and 10 pt deduction just for starters.

Heard that we're being docked 10 points for not acting in good faith to the League by not having our players train in the same place all the time. Apparently it causes unrest to our players by making them travel to different parts of the town, and it causes stress to Hibernian FC supporters as they have more concern over our teams well-being than we do, and they have to keep tabs on us at all times.

Shame really.

Archived