depression

chester copperpot

rudi must stay

A few updates. I think I have schizophrenia but I can deal with it it's not severe. I would rather live a life with emotion than not so in August when I go back im getting off the pills. I am also going to ditch the doctors that's my wish to say they have been poor doesn't cover it I think anyone else in my position would have sued but I've got eBay that's where my energy goes 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Captain Canada

rudi must stay

so im starting a new pill next month the risperidone is ok but i have a buzzing feeling on it i hope that goes offered clopazine but dont fancy the blood test psychiatrist was superb said i have faced my problems for years hence my recovery will be years. by the way sick note gained from the gp getting the allowances apart from jobseekers

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

so im starting a new pill next month the risperidone is ok but i have a buzzing feeling on it i hope that goes offered clopazine but dont fancy the blood test psychiatrist was superb said i have faced my problems for years hence my recovery will be years. by the way sick note gained from the gp getting the allowances apart from jobseekers

Oh that all sounds very promising Rudi . Good luck pal 👍

Onwards and upwards buddy.

It can take a long time to find the right combination of meds to keep you balanced.

Just don't get too disheartened if the new regime doesn't work.

Move on to the next one.

• 3 weeks later...
rudi must stay

Going to ditch psychiatry on Wednesday. Say thanks but no thanks don't feel better feel worse. Lost my emotions lost who I was and for what a stupid little pill. Had enough

pharmaceutical01
33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Going to ditch psychiatry on Wednesday. Say thanks but no thanks don't feel better feel worse. Lost my emotions lost who I was and for what a stupid little pill. Had enough

How long you been on the medication, RMS....I always used to say to patients when starting most anti-depressant medication that it will make you feel worse before better. That is just the way it works...if you can stay with it

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

You said on 14th April you had been offered Clopazine. Assuming that’s when you started taking it, it’s probably not fully effective yet - it can take six weeks for the brain chemistry to adjust.

How you feel just now could be temporary - it’s worth sticking with it to give it a chance to work. 

Change is scary.

When you move onto a new medication it takes a decent amount of time for things to stabilise.

Dosages and routines can be adjusted to accommodate side effects or overly drastic personality changes.

Just remember that change is the whole idea. That's the aim.

Also remember that change takes work.

You have to be willing to stick with it.

rudi must stay
56 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You said on 14th April you had been offered Clopazine. Assuming that’s when you started taking it, it’s probably not fully effective yet - it can take six weeks for the brain chemistry to adjust.

How you feel just now could be temporary - it’s worth sticking with it to give it a chance to work. 

I'm not on clopazine I'm on amisulpride. I went to a private psychiatrist who was good now back to NHS. The thing lacking with medicine I have always found is a lack of humour, psychiatrists are cold and judgemental. We all have thoughts my freedom and credibility have been restricted by these humourless losers, the shit I have had to put up with "oh are you going to get revenge on the doctors" get lost let me watch films have carry outs and be an independent person. As the man at the Stafford centre said I'm not hurting anyone

rudi must stay
50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Change is scary.

When you move onto a new medication it takes a decent amount of time for things to stabilise.

Dosages and routines can be adjusted to accommodate side effects or overly drastic personality changes.

Just remember that change is the whole idea. That's the aim.

Also remember that change takes work.

You have to be willing to stick with it.

No it isn't the only thing you'll feel on these pills is shit. They are medicines made to disarm

JudyJudyJudy

As the man at the Stafford centre said I'm not hurting anyone

Thats a really good centre Rudi. Decent workers there . and loads of peer support. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm not on clopazine I'm on amisulpride. I went to a private psychiatrist who was good now back to NHS. The thing lacking with medicine I have always found is a lack of humour, psychiatrists are cold and judgemental. We all have thoughts my freedom and credibility have been restricted by these humourless losers, the shit I have had to put up with "oh are you going to get revenge on the doctors" get lost let me watch films have carry outs and be an independent person. As the man at the Stafford centre said I'm not hurting anyone

Ok, similarly with amisulpride it takes weeks to months for full efficacy:
https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/medicines/a/amisulpride/#:~:text=It usually takes a few,doctor or nurse before stopping.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong about how you feel, just that it may be temporary as part of it beginning to work - so you could be denying yourself that sense of normality/independence you seek. 

Lack of humour and clinicality from some health professionals is definitely a thing - some have genuine empathy, some clearly put on a show and some will see you as a part needing fixed and look at you analytically to figure out what needs to be done. 

Irrespective of bedside manner, ultimately if you get what you need then who cares? Perhaps not viewing them as adversaries to beat or obstructions in your way and more as a means to an end - ie you get to that place where you are functioning well and able to enjoy your films and take-aways and get on with your life, then they are just stepping stones towards your goal. 

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Ok, similarly with amisulpride it takes weeks to months for full efficacy:
https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/medicines/a/amisulpride/#:~:text=It usually takes a few,doctor or nurse before stopping.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong about how you feel, just that it may be temporary as part of it beginning to work - so you could be denying yourself that sense of normality/independence you seek. 

Lack of humour and clinicality from some health professionals is definitely a thing - some have genuine empathy, some clearly put on a show and some will see you as a part needing fixed and look at you analytically to figure out what needs to be done. 

Irrespective of bedside manner, ultimately if you get what you need then who cares? Perhaps not viewing them as adversaries to beat or obstructions in your way and more as a means to an end - ie you get to that place where you are functioning well and able to enjoy your films and take-aways and get on with your life, then they are just stepping stones towards your goal. 

Before all this I had never heard of mental illness never heard of psychiatry. Let me tell you mate life without it is bliss with it absolute hell. They have told me stuff that has made me lose all trust in humanity psychiatry in this country is cruel and barbaric and it treats people who have had a tough life very poorly but the people who kick up a fuss they are treated brilliantly I have experienced this. I want to get out of the system as I don't want things to get worse for me, I have my mind I have my memories that's important to me. So far everything they have done can be undone 

Lone Striker

Just a small observation here, Rudi.   Compared to your posts back in Feb/Mar  (which were a bit all over the place, and difficult for us to understand), you recent posts have been quite coherent and sensible.   So it appears that something has changed for the better in your brain.   You seem a bit more "with it", which is a good sign.    At a guess, that may have something to do with whatever meds you've been taking recently. If so, it might be a backward step to ditch them. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Just a small observation here, Rudi.   Compared to your posts back in Feb/Mar  (which were a bit all over the place, and difficult for us to understand), you recent posts have been quite coherent and sensible.   So it appears that something has changed for the better in your brain.   You seem a bit more "with it", which is a good sign.    At a guess, that may have something to do with whatever meds you've been taking recently. If so, it might be a backward step to ditch them. 

I love these pills mate love them they are much better than the old ones gloom. I can live on these, I'm not staying my fears have gone but they give you a wee lift at times which the old ones didn't and I have energy again

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

It might be but it also might be that I have emotions and confidence again. I have a flat worth £200,000 with a new kitchen. As for coherence this is a very judgemental remark I don't sit here talking about your coherence, I had a doctor say I don't look at him much. Not that that has anything to do with anything see words mate I'm past words I really am. I just want to sit in my flat and watch films

rudi must stay

So I had a good chat with my Dad. He sat there and looked down at me said x-rays do nothing. He is pathetic doesn't have the balls for the fight

So I had a good chat with my Dad. He sat there and looked down at me said x-rays do nothing. He is pathetic doesn't have the balls for the fight

What is it you believe X-rays have done to you?

Dick Dastardly
On 09/05/2023 at 12:19, rudi must stay said:

It might be but it also might be that I have emotions and confidence again. I have a flat worth £200,000 with a new kitchen. As for coherence this is a very judgemental remark I don't sit here talking about your coherence, I had a doctor say I don't look at him much. Not that that has anything to do with anything see words mate I'm past words I really am. I just want to sit in my flat and watch films

Do you think that the fact you have emotions and confidence again could be because the medication you are on now is helping? 

rudi must stay

Anytime I try and be happy my Dad appears he talks down to me and makes horrible faces. I spend anything oh now youre spending money again and my Mum starts crying

rudi must stay

Unfortunately I have had my guard down and let people in. People have lived their lives without a thought for me, one of my friends is a religious guy and he told me to quit eBay and play video games. He stood there judging me while he believes in a man in the sky. He's off to India and hopefully he ##£# off for good, he sits there and looks down at me and always has 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Unfortunately I have had my guard down and let people in. People have lived their lives without a thought for me, one of my friends is a religious guy and he told me to quit eBay and play video games. He stood there judging me while he believes in a man in the sky. He's off to India and hopefully he ##£# off for good, he sits there and looks down at me and always has 

You know, you can take advice from people if you see value or perspective in it.

Example of good advice:
Don't spend your rent money on a PS5.

Bad advice:
You shouldn't play video games, you should find God. 

Decide what you don't see value in and let it flow over you like water over rocks. Everyone has an opinion and are quick to offer it because people like speaking more than they like listening. 

rudi must stay
7 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You know, you can take advice from people if you see value or perspective in it.

Example of good advice:
Don't spend your rent money on a PS5.

Bad advice:
You shouldn't play video games, you should find God. 

Decide what you don't see value in and let it flow over you like water over rocks. Everyone has an opinion and are quick to offer it because people like speaking more than they like listening. 

Yes we're in that era depression anxiety loners getting angry at their dogs. He is off to India in a few months so he'll be out my life some people just want to influence

• 3 weeks later...
rudi must stay

Psychiatrist tomorrow. New pills are rubbish. I want to go back to my flat and stop the pills I was capable of doing things without them with them life is difficult. I was able to do things my own way before I want to try life like that again 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Psychiatrist tomorrow. New pills are rubbish. I want to go back to my flat and stop the pills I was capable of doing things without them with them life is difficult. I was able to do things my own way before I want to try life like that again 

Maybe have a good chat with the psychiatrist about these thoughts ? Write down things so you remember what you want to highlight as you only get limited times with those professionals . Good luck 🤞 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Maybe have a good chat with the psychiatrist about these thoughts ? Write down things so you remember what you want to highlight as you only get limited times with those professionals . Good luck 🤞 

It takes two to tango as they say I'm only going to ask him one things how long to get off them. And if he doesn't answer I'll ask again. My last psychiatrist withheld information from me soppy ******* said I could get a nurse. F### that mate I wouldn't wish my worst enemy that job, but I don't fancy being on pills that nullify my intelligence I am not the sharpest tool in the shed I'll admit that but I felt smarter off them 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

It takes two to tango as they say I'm only going to ask him one things how long to get off them. And if he doesn't answer I'll ask again. My last psychiatrist withheld information from me soppy ******* said I could get a nurse. F### that mate I wouldn't wish my worst enemy that job, but I don't fancy being on pills that nullify my intelligence I am not the sharpest tool in the shed I'll admit that but I felt smarter off them 

Rudi I’m sorry to say but you might not have any choice in not taking “ pills “ depending on which mental health condition you have been diagnosed with . Unfortunately many of the Strong anti psychotic drugs can debilitating side effects which you may be experiencing ? Those side effects can be managed though. 

Hagar the Horrible

I am now on sertaline but it makes me nauseous I didn't want to take meds. But trusting it will work. Before covid. Hill walking worked for me. But then covid hit. Gyms shut. My weight pulled on Diabetes set in and no energy to go back to exercising. I am trying to fight through it. But the last 2 Cup finals we got too, I stared at the sky.

After WW2 people were busy, life returned to normal but in the 80's one those who were affected it kicked in when retirement set in. Covid allowed too much time to think and what was keeping depression sat bay is kicking in.

I used to enjoy the stress of work but when that became distress I could not cope. I fake life. As I am near the finish line towards retirement its getting worse. Its like I am scared of the last hurdle. I am not yet at the point of not giving a **** that I saw others do at the same stage and that's bringing me down as well. All hobbies I just can't he arsed with. So what's it like when I do retire I was relying on those to keep my purpose for getting up.

The number of younger guys in the pub asking to talk to me about this and the S word is alarming its as though they recognise something in me. Their pals are no help you can see that, but they are just in the enviable position of enjoying life rather than existing in it

For me I see people who fake it till they make it plenty of. Those also with imposter syndrome as well who take that crash when starting a new job. I have always been competent at work so I think still I have imposter syndrome when talking about this, as how can someone who has everything feel so bad.  It took others to have a word with me, as I can't explain how this has happened to me.

This is a good thread well done for starting it. 

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I am now on sertaline but it makes me nauseous I didn't want to take meds. But trusting it will work. Before covid. Hill walking worked for me. But then covid hit. Gyms shut. My weight pulled on Diabetes set in and no energy to go back to exercising. I am trying to fight through it. But the last 2 Cup finals we got too, I stared at the sky.

After WW2 people were busy, life returned to normal but in the 80's one those who were affected it kicked in when retirement set in. Covid allowed too much time to think and what was keeping depression sat bay is kicking in.

I used to enjoy the stress of work but when that became distress I could not cope. I fake life. As I am near the finish line towards retirement its getting worse. Its like I am scared of the last hurdle. I am not yet at the point of not giving a **** that I saw others do at the same stage and that's bringing me down as well. All hobbies I just can't he arsed with. So what's it like when I do retire I was relying on those to keep my purpose for getting up.

The number of younger guys in the pub asking to talk to me about this and the S word is alarming its as though they recognise something in me. Their pals are no help you can see that, but they are just in the enviable position of enjoying life rather than existing in it

For me I see people who fake it till they make it plenty of. Those also with imposter syndrome as well who take that crash when starting a new job. I have always been competent at work so I think still I have imposter syndrome when talking about this, as how can someone who has everything feel so bad.  It took others to have a word with me, as I can't explain how this has happened to me.

That is the most unfortunate thing about depression, it can hit when you least expect it. Up until about ten years ago I would have dismissed someone that mentioned feeling depressed but after suffering myself when at a stage in life when everything was perfect it’s tough to deal with. The lack of hope that anything will get better is suffocating. I lost touch with a lot of supposed good friends. My therapy is immersing myself in comedy! Anything that makes you laugh. 

Hope things improve soon Hagar. 

rudi must stay
55 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Rudi I’m sorry to say but you might not have any choice in not taking “ pills “ depending on which mental health condition you have been diagnosed with . Unfortunately many of the Strong anti psychotic drugs can debilitating side effects which you may be experiencing ? Those side effects can be managed though. 

I was given it after a two minute chat. I told them I don't hear voices they put I did. I am the least mentally ill person you'll ever meet, these pills have actually given me schizophrenia

4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The nausea can pass after time to get used to the meds - don't know how long you've been on them but initially it isn't fun. GP may have some remedies you can take to help with that adjustment or there are some variants that are more protective of the gut, might be worth asking. These types of medications can take several weeks to adjust the biochemistry of your brain so don't be disheartened if there hasn't been an immediate improvement if you are still establishing yourself on them. 

In terms of anhedonia (lack of pleasure and/or reduced interest in activities), I don't have a good suggestion for tackling this - found my world got smaller as hobbies I enjoyed became the equivalent of eating cardboard, tastless and no motivation to do them anymore. But I hang on to the ones that do still work in the hope the others might return. There's a growing idea that we micro-dose dopamine from small hits from the internet or mobile style games and our reward centres are messed up. No real treatments specific to this but more that it may improve with the usual treatments for anxiety/depression.

Perhaps drawing up a list of the things you still enjoy might help you spot that you aren't completely incapable of pleasure or remind you why you did some things. 

The guys in the pub may well suffer but mask it better, it's rampant in our society for a variety of reasons and at least it is discussed more openly. One fundamental reason could be that we don't live how we were evolved to, others being everything from a sense of hopelessness which is exacerbated by our awful media to some physical issues that affect the mind (like a bad gut/dodgy microbiome can precipitate depression) to information overload.

Imposter syndrome - I mean when you think about this, who ever said other than being legally able to do some stuff, you are a proper adult? Same for work/vocations - some industries you will never learn everything and, even when knowledgeable and competent, you'll still see areas you can learn in. But if you were a true imposter you'd not be in the job, basically as employers aren't charities. 

Any possibility of a baseline of anxiety or undiagnosed PTSD that could be driving the depression? Any previous gut issues? I've managed to improve my mental health massively but it's a combination of things including time that got me here. I could share but it can be quite unique to the individual so it's about finding combinations of things. Also, this is the single thing I would emphasise - we don't necessarily see the improvements all at once, but it's about getting that baseline of depression and sad periods and getting the odd good day or half day and slowly increasing the gaps between episodes. 

There is hope though, this stuff can be transient or can be a symptom that needs it's underlying cause or causes revealed like SAD, undiagnosed PTSD, anxiety or situational factors at play. 

Post back if any of this resonates mate, or you want to discuss further. 

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The nausea can pass after time to get used to the meds - don't know how long you've been on them but initially it isn't fun. GP may have some remedies you can take to help with that adjustment or there are some variants that are more protective of the gut, might be worth asking. These types of medications can take several weeks to adjust the biochemistry of your brain so don't be disheartened if there hasn't been an immediate improvement if you are still establishing yourself on them. 

In terms of anhedonia (lack of pleasure and/or reduced interest in activities), I don't have a good suggestion for tackling this - found my world got smaller as hobbies I enjoyed became the equivalent of eating cardboard, tastless and no motivation to do them anymore. But I hang on to the ones that do still work in the hope the others might return. There's a growing idea that we micro-dose dopamine from small hits from the internet or mobile style games and our reward centres are messed up. No real treatments specific to this but more that it may improve with the usual treatments for anxiety/depression.

Perhaps drawing up a list of the things you still enjoy might help you spot that you aren't completely incapable of pleasure or remind you why you did some things. 

The guys in the pub may well suffer but mask it better, it's rampant in our society for a variety of reasons and at least it is discussed more openly. One fundamental reason could be that we don't live how we were evolved to, others being everything from a sense of hopelessness which is exacerbated by our awful media to some physical issues that affect the mind (like a bad gut/dodgy microbiome can precipitate depression) to information overload.

Imposter syndrome - I mean when you think about this, who ever said other than being legally able to do some stuff, you are a proper adult? Same for work/vocations - some industries you will never learn everything and, even when knowledgeable and competent, you'll still see areas you can learn in. But if you were a true imposter you'd not be in the job, basically as employers aren't charities. 

Any possibility of a baseline of anxiety or undiagnosed PTSD that could be driving the depression? Any previous gut issues? I've managed to improve my mental health massively but it's a combination of things including time that got me here. I could share but it can be quite unique to the individual so it's about finding combinations of things. Also, this is the single thing I would emphasise - we don't necessarily see the improvements all at once, but it's about getting that baseline of depression and sad periods and getting the odd good day or half day and slowly increasing the gaps between episodes. 

There is hope though, this stuff can be transient or can be a symptom that needs it's underlying cause or causes revealed like SAD, undiagnosed PTSD, anxiety or situational factors at play. 

What the guy needs is a night out. Get blootered mate enjoy yourself, let things off your chest. We live in a world where there are very few honest people a lazy culture in this country and it will only get worse. The only thing you can do is watch the world through your window if you like watch films from countries where people are valued

Hagar the Horrible
16 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You think this is just happening to you but it's not and everything resonates. Been on pills a week it's a chore. At least I can force myself to the gym this week after 2 months of trying got there.

I know I will be fine one I stop the downward spiral and got help early this time. Last time I was much worse so read the signs the first time it took others to see. When it's gradually sinking in you just don't notice.  Other medical issue's  caused the lack of energy so I know its not entirely my fault its my body. Thing is I want to get better and I will. 

Thank you very much it's a help.

We don't have heavy industry anymore. For me not being creative at work anymore and ageism is a thing. But I now look to the future I will try and make garden furniture I think being outside will do it.

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

What the guy needs is a night out. Get blootered mate enjoy yourself, let things off your chest. We live in a world where there are very few honest people a lazy culture in this country and it will only get worse. The only thing you can do is watch the world through your window if you like watch films from countries where people are valued

That works with one or two. But in a group you just switch off stare into the middle ground go into a zen state and nobody notices. And when asked a direct question you Learn to answer a question you just did nor hear, one up from putting your ayes and naws in the right place .  But I am on the mend because I am already starting to miss the games. Whereas I just could not give a Barry white at the end of the season. Normally I hate the close season. International football is like a coffee to a dopehead just doesn't cut it. I will get back to that

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

That works with one or two. But in a group you just switch off stare into the middle ground go into a zen state and nobody notices. And when asked a direct question you Learn to answer a question you just did nor hear, one up from putting your ayes and naws in the right place .  But I am on the mend because I am already starting to miss the games. Whereas I just could not give a Barry white at the end of the season. Normally I hate the close season. International football is like a coffee to a dopehead just doesn't cut it. I will get back to that

Did you watch that video i posted? Some really good things to think about in it. 

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You think this is just happening to you but it's not and everything resonates. Been on pills a week it's a chore. At least I can force myself to the gym this week after 2 months of trying got there.

I know I will be fine one I stop the downward spiral and got help early this time. Last time I was much worse so read the signs the first time it took others to see. When it's gradually sinking in you just don't notice.  Other medical issue's  caused the lack of energy so I know its not entirely my fault its my body. Thing is I want to get better and I will. 

Thank you very much it's a help.

We don't have heavy industry anymore. For me not being creative at work anymore and ageism is a thing. But I now look to the future I will try and make garden furniture I think being outside will do it.

That you spotted the signs sooner is actually amazing, as awareness allows you to figure out ways to tackle it. The pills can help but definitely your stomach takes a hit initially - but again you are doing something about this, it's very easy to get stuck. 

Losing your sense of purpose is a real whack, I don't think it's understood enough how important it is - so having some retirement goals and stuff outside of work can help stop those annoying and unhelpful thoughts creeping in. We all need some sort of purpose. 

Very impressive that you are getting up despite the energy deficit and going out to the gym. It's an irritation at times when some of the advice given by professionals is the last thing you want to hear - go outside, get active etc - when it took most of your energy to get up and get showered. But paradoxically it helps.

Hope to hear back that things continue to improve - even slowly, it all helps as it's definitely a gradual process - but that is better than yo-yo'ing from highs to lows. 

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A blowout can help when pressure or stress builds up for sure. :thumbsup:

Only caveat to that is long term using booze as a solution to depression can make it worse as alcohol is actually a psychotropic depressant and I had to knock heavy boozing on the head as it left me with lingering mental hangovers with a nasty edge bordering on paranoia. It was awful. 

Your own experience may vary though, so it's just something to be mindful of.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A blowout can help when pressure or stress builds up for sure. :thumbsup:

Only caveat to that is long term using booze as a solution to depression can make it worse as alcohol is actually a psychotropic depressant and I had to knock heavy boozing on the head as it left me with lingering mental hangovers with a nasty edge bordering on paranoia. It was awful. 

Your own experience may vary though, so it's just something to be mindful of.

Whether you are depressed or not overdoing the booze can leave you feeling very down the next day. Not a pleasant feeling. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Whether you are depressed or night overdoing the booze can leave you feeling very down the next day. Not a pleasant feeling. 

Gets worse with age I've found too - as much as I pay little head to acting according to some "age" categorization, definitely one I've not been able to avoid booze-wise. 

For me it's not worth it so I drink beer with not too bad an abv slowly and only occasionally, and I don't get hangovers as I really can't handle them like I did when I was in my 20s and bladerred Thu-Sun.

davemclaren
Just now, Gizmo said:

Gets worse with age I've found too - as much as I pay little head to acting according to some "age" categorization, definitely one I've not been able to avoid booze-wise. 

For me it's not worth it so I drink beer with not too bad an abv slowly and only occasionally, and I don't get hangovers as I really can't handle them like I did when I was in my 20s and bladerred Thu-Sun.

Very true. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Whether you are depressed or night overdoing the booze can leave you feeling very down the next day. Not a pleasant feeling. 

My favourite beer is a frulli

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did you watch that video i posted? Some really good things to think about in it. 

Sorry not yet. Will feed back later

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Sorry not yet. Will feed back later

It's worth a look at. This Ted Talk is pretty similar as well. 

Dick Dastardly
37 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

My favourite beer is a frulli

It's beautiful. I don't think i could have many, but one or two are very nice

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Very good stuff. Reminds me of meditation philosophy.  Live for the moment.  Today. Not worry about tomorrow . You have the control of certain things in life but some you don't. You have a right to your own views and opinions.  Everyone is of value.  Be nice , caring and it will come back to you. Happiness is serenity. Value yourself. Self love and self care.  Be good to yourself. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Also liked about how we all wear different masks in different parts of your life. Very true.  

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Very good stuff. Reminds me of meditation philosophy.  Live for the moment.  Today. Not worry about tomorrow . You have the control of certain things in life but some you don't. You have a right to your own views and opinions.  Everyone is of value.  Be nice , caring and it will come back to you. Happiness is serenity. Value yourself. Self love and self care.  Be good to yourself. 

Yeah, there are similarities between Stoicism and Buddhism. I think one of the most valuable lessons from it is learning what is under your control and what is out of your control and then being able to deal with that. Those Ancients could definitely teach us a thing or two today, anyway.