depression

chester copperpot

rudi must stay
On 31/12/2022 at 19:29, Salad Fingers said:

Don't ever feel the need to apologise, but some of the things you're saying are genuinely unsettling and perhaps just biting the bullet and putting your trust in a professional may really benefit you. 

On 31/12/2022 at 19:29, Salad Fingers said:

I have a psychiatrist. A good guy, but I think I'm past that stage. Doctors are really poor with people that are learning disabled. They either don't care at all or are judgemental, they don't think about your dignity either. That is the key thing I've lost, my dignity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Captain Canada

CavySlaveJambo

I have generally found peer support more supportive than the medical profession can be.    
Well Occupational Therapy aside.  

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I have generally found peer support more supportive than the medical profession can be.    
Well Occupational Therapy aside.  

Cos they're jumped up jerks 

They tell you things you don't want to hear.

So you push back.

Then you invent all kinds of conspiracy theories to justify your own actions.

The main problem is that you have to want to improve.

Many people who are urged to seek help by those around them do not want to improve.

They like their comfy wee conspiracy theories.

Because clinging to them means that the problems in their life are not their fault.

It's somebody else's fault.

So they can shirk any responsibility for their own situation.

Being the victim becomes a comfort blanket.

"It's alright pal, it's not you, it's them"

That's when the decision is taken out of your hands and you end up sectioned and in residential care.

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

They tell you things you don't want to hear.

So you push back.

Then you invent all kinds of conspiracy theories to justify your own actions.

The main problem is that you have to want to improve.

Many people who are urged to seek help by those around them do not want to improve.

They like their comfy wee conspiracy theories.

Because clinging to them means that the problems in their life are not their fault.

It's somebody else's fault.

So they can shirk any responsibility for their own situation.

Being the victim becomes a comfort blanket.

"It's alright pal, it's not you, it's them"

That's when the decision is taken out of your hands and you end up sectioned and in residential care.

Cade?

I’ve never had much dealing with you over the years (except on your wonderful European and World Cup threads) but, I must say, that is a fantastic post you’ve made.

Well worded, and oh so factual.

Well done, I hope Rudi pays good heed to your words.

CavySlaveJambo
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

They are mate. Very poor with the learning disabled 

And those with ASD and/or trauma

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Cade?

I’ve never had much dealing with you over the years (except on your wonderful European and World Cup threads) but, I must say, that is a fantastic post you’ve made.

Well worded, and oh so factual.

Well done, I hope Rudi pays good heed to your words.

My situation though is unique 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

And sectioned... I lie in bed all day watching films. I'm no threat to anyone 

People really shouldn’t throw words about like being “ sectioned “ . It’s a frightening and horrific experience . However it is viewed as the last option to keep a Person safe from harm to themselves or others . 

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Everyone is unique.  I am unique, you are unique.  We are all our own people who have our own problems, wants and needs.  And because of that our situations are unique.  

I hate who I am a lot of the time.  But in part that is because of how my life has turned out because I am autistic and the limits it has caused.   (Autism really is awful at times no matter how “high” functioning you are)

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

People really shouldn’t throw words about like being “ sectioned “ . It’s a frightening and horrific experience . However it is viewed as the last option to keep a Person safe from harm to themselves or others . 

I have never stole anything in my life I am a model citizen. It is not on from Cade and he should apologise. He should also accept the situation is unique

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Everyone is unique.  I am unique, you are unique.  We are all our own people who have our own problems, wants and needs.  And because of that our situations are unique.  

I hate who I am a lot of the time.  But in part that is because of how my life has turned out because I am autistic and the limits it has caused.   (Autism really is awful at times no matter how “high” functioning you are)

I am a bit autistic it's really tough. But I try to stand on my own tough feet, we are in tough times for the learning disabled. Good post

38 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It would be.

I’ve tried, Rudi.

Other good posters have tried.

I think you may find that some people will not try anymore.

As far as I can see, looking back over numerous threads, most people have attempted to offer advice, have tried to offer support, some have even offered to meet with you.

I can’t speak for others obviously, but I'm done.

Good luck and God bless you.

Lone Striker
48 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I am a bit autistic it's really tough. But I try to stand on my own tough feet, we are in tough times for the learning disabled. Good post

Rudi - you keep mentioning the "learning disabled". Is that how you see yourself ?   The word "disabled" is often used wrongly and unfairly in my opinion.    Maybe the word "impaired" would be a fairer way to describe a person's physical and/or mental  faculties which manifest themselves as being slow or limited, compared to the majority of people.   

You said you had dyspraxia, which I think  is a neurological condition which results in muscles not properly doing what the brain is telling them to do.     But I don't see how dyspraxia affects learning ability or intelligence - can you explain ?        

Edited by Lone Striker

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Rudi - you keep mentioning the "learning disabled". Is that how you see yourself ?   The word "disabled" is often used wrongly and unfairly in my opinion.    Maybe the word "impaired" would be a fairer way to describe a person's physical and/or mental  faculties which manifest themselves as being slow or limited, compared to the majority of people.   

You said you had dyspraxia, which I think  is a neurological condition which results in muscles not properly doing what the brain is telling them to do.     But I don't see how dyspraxia affects learning ability or intelligence - can you explain ?        

I think I've cracked it mate my dyspraxia has just got worse 

rudi must stay
40 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It would be.

I’ve tried, Rudi.

As far as I can see, looking back over numerous threads, most people have attempted to offer advice, have tried to offer support, some have even offered to meet with you.

Chin up mate have a gin 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Good posting 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

It would be.

I’ve tried, Rudi.

You have tried Morgan . 👍

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You have tried Morgan . 👍

He's a good man he sent me £5000 and said I should spend it on a holiday 

rudi must stay

Why is everybody so serious these days. I'm the one that can barely walk cos im so crippled not you lot enjoy yourself get ****** watch films 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why is everybody so serious these days. I'm the one that can barely walk cos im so crippled not you lot enjoy yourself get ****** watch films 

Rudi we all have health issues . Some never mentioned them on this . So you shouldn’t assume everything is fine and dandy for everyone else. We all have obstacles in life as such .  

I think the forum isn’t always serious . Can be a good laugh at times . You can crack the banter when you want to too . 😂👍

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He's a good man he sent me £5000 and said I should spend it on a holiday 

That’s nice of him . However struggling to believe it mate ! 😂🙏

8 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s nice of him . However struggling to believe it mate ! 😂🙏

It's true.

:biggrin:

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

So my Mum got an x-ray apparently they're meant to follow up and explain the results. Never happened with me

I think your paranoia is getting completely out of control, mate.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I think your paranoia is getting completely out of control, mate.

I think what happened to me I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. A list of mistakes that happened to me for various reasons and down to stupidity and lazyness and they have left me weak and feable. I've been reading about how the learning disabled are treated they are treated like they don't matter it's disgusting. To me doctors are evil 

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think what happened to me I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. A list of mistakes that happened to me for various reasons and down to stupidity and lazyness and they have left me weak and feable. I've been reading about how the learning disabled are treated they are treated like they don't matter it's disgusting. To me doctors are evil 

Read my post again, mate.

You can’t keep feeling sorry for yourself like this as it’s just going to keep you down.

It’s not productive to just point the finger and blame others too, at some point you’ll need to step up and go “**** that” and start grabbing life by the scruff of the neck.

I’ve seen plenty of people in my life be dealt a s*** hand, and after a period of wallowing, which is totally understandable, they’ve dusted themselves off and are now happier than ever. It can be done, no matter how hard it is to imagine at the time.

One thing’s for sure, pointing fingers and feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere.

I’m not having a go at you, I’m saying this for your own good mate.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Read my post again, mate.

You can’t keep feeling sorry for yourself like this as it’s just going to keep you down.

It’s not productive to just point the finger and blame others too, at some point you’ll need to step up and go “**** that” and start grabbing life by the scruff of the neck.

I’ve seen plenty of people in my life be dealt a s*** hand, and after a period of wallowing, which is totally understandable, they’ve dusted themselves off and are now happier than ever. It can be done, no matter how hard it is to imagine at the time.

One thing’s for sure, pointing fingers and feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere.

I’m not having a go at you, I’m saying this for your own good mate.

The world doesn't accept me pal. I am skin and bone all these x-rays, it is best I hide and do eBay. I don't plan to be here in more than 2 years 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

So my Mum got an x-ray apparently they're meant to follow up and explain the results. Never happened with me

I got results of my 3 X-rays i lad in December . All not bad apart from wear and tear 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I got results of my 3 X-rays i lad in December . All not bad apart from wear and tear 

I had far more than 3 each time 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It is almost like they were desperate to operate that's what I think.

Doubt that mate . 

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It is almost like they were desperate to operate that's what I think.

Rudi, do you have anyone advocating for you in terms of your health or at least assisting so that you have a clear understanding of what they are looking for/how it relates to your symptoms? 

The NHS is so busy they honestly are very unlikely to do unneccessary treatments of any kind. 

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Rudi, do you have anyone advocating for you in terms of your health or at least assisting so that you have a clear understanding of what they are looking for/how it relates to your symptoms? 

The NHS is so busy they honestly are very unlikely to do unneccessary treatments of any kind. 

Ok true 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

So now you think that the NHS was trying to harvest your organs?

Seek help fer feck sake

I think I experienced some very shifty doctoring

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think I experienced some very shifty doctoring

Is there anyone you trust who can help you in your dealings with health practitioners? 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Is there anyone you trust who can help you in your dealings with health practitioners? 

Yes me. And I'm going to give them hell. "Unusual body thoughts"

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes me. And I'm going to give them hell. "Unusual body thoughts"

I don't know what your health issues are but I have noticed that you are struggling to elucidate what is going on at times, which is fair as it happens to us all.

It can also be a bit of a surprise with some health conditions - you can go to the GP with a sore arm or back and find out it's a pain from a totally different area of the body being hurt, which makes it difficult for us to understand the treatment offered.

I'd be very suprised if the health people are trying to harm you but equally if you go in to be at loggerheads with them, you aren't giving yourself or them the opportunity to help you to their best ability.

Do you have a social worker, outreach or support of any kind who could accompany you to appointments that would be impartial and help with the communication between you and the health people? 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

I've tried to offer advice.

Enjoy your padded cell.

What business is it of yours. How would you deal with my situation there is no way out of this they screwed up on me and they are lying to my parents. 2 years of psychiatry, 2 years wasted