The McCanns - how do they do it?

Craigieboy

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Kate looked aw right in the press conference....

If she's looking to lie low some where I'm sure I have some where she can keep her down...

She is a MILF it has to be said.

ToadKiller Dog
Has there even been one piece of reasonable evidence that the McCanns were in any way involved? I read about the hair in the car boot but that turned out to be nonsense. I have no idea why these people attract such suspicion. These people have gone through one of the worst experiences a human can and IMO deserve to be treated as such, until any proper evidence proves otherwise.

Yes i agree with you but its hard to shake the nagging doubt that lingers in the back of the mind about them ,it is human to do so,gut feeling is a hard thing to break .

MackaysCentreSpot

IMO the McCanns are getting away with murder when it come to the disappearance of their daughter.

Quite literally.

Reckless endangerment? Think that would cover it

YOu can be prosecuted for being drunk in charge of a minor- are you really saying that it is better to leave them on their own unsupervised in a foreign country , than to be steam boats in an adjoining room?

If this was not such a cause celebre they would have been prosecuted.

They haven't

Everyone has let them off the hook, from The GMC to the Police and Social Services

At least Karen Matthews knew where here daughter was- that makes her a better parent than the Mccanns

She could also argue that the staged kidnapping was to gain money to better all thier lives

Maddie went missing because her parents were busy enjoying thier lives while their distressed kids were screaming for them- if that is not abuse I dont know what is

can't argue with any of this!

while i agree with cosanostra among others, there is no evidence to suggest the parents were involved in maddies disappearance/murder/kidnapping or whatever has happened to that poor soul, they WERE guilty of neglecting their parental duties and that wee girl is missing because of their stupidity & neglect, end of story.

i truly hope that no harm has come to the wee girl, but we all know that is unlikely to be the case, and if she ever turns up dead, they have her blood all over their hands because of the simple fact they didn't look out for her, or her siblings.

some lower class parents have lost their kids to the social services for less, and its disgusting they haven't been taken to task over the fact they left 3 kids to their own devices in a foreign country while they were out living the high life when they ought to have been looking after them.

its not as though their flesh and blood went missing in a shopping centre or on the beach, they left those poor kids alone, in an apartment while on holiday with no supervision at all and that turns my stomach.

some people simply ought not be allowed to breed

I just heard on the radio that the McCanns may be pulling out of a planned reconstruction because of the info that was "leaked" over the last few days. WTF is that all about????

If it was my kid and there was any chance she was still alive I'd try everything I could to help police with anything they thought may help find her.

I should feel really sorry for these people, but I honestly can't stand them.

What a pair of tossers.

Leaving a child alone in a bedroom is not child neglect and leaving a child alone regardless of age, is not an offence on its own.

Karen Matthew's mothering skills have been questioned and her treatment of Shannon constitutes "child neglect".

You think what the McCanns did was not neglectful ? :confused::sad:

What a pair of tossers.

I'm the same, I don't know why but I get a vibe they know more than they are letting on. Maybe it's cos they are not allowed to say juch due to the aws in Portuagal I don't know but they seem shady

What a pair of tossers.

Completely agree, pair of imbeciles.

portobellojambo1

I am totally sick fed up reading about this pair of uncaring fuds.

In a perfect society they would have been found guilty the day after the incident, shot through the head, stuck in brown boxes and buried. Then we wouldn't have had to suffer months of coverage in the papers and on the television giving this twisted s h y t e about them being devastated.

Does anyone know if they have profited from the find Maddy campaign? do they have control over what it is used for?

The Shannan Mathews case makes me sick to even think about. It's unbelievable that sick people can somehow find each other and (reading between the lines) come with with sick twisted plan like they did.........C(_)ntz

I think that they should seriously consider getting rid of their family's spokesman.

When this story broke the other day there they obviously considered that the likely media reaction would be (understandably) to ask questions about why they ignored their child and continued to neglect them despite Madeline's pleas.

They (their PR team) obviously felt that going on the offensive (the tactic they have used since very early on when the tough questions were being asked) was the order of the day as he was all over the telly aggresively shouting about smear-campaigns and deliberate muck-raking.

Stuff like this does little to keep the public on their side.

If they just showed a little bit of sincerity and actually acknowledged their mistakes a little more it might get the public off their back because as long as people see them as being shady and steely cold, the more the conspiracy theories will seem likely.

Does anyone know if they have profited from the find Maddy campaign? do they have control over what it is used for?

The Shannan Mathews case makes me sick to even think about. It's unbelievable that sick people can somehow find each other and (reading between the lines) come with with sick twisted plan like they did.........C(_)ntz

As far as im aware they asked to use the money for their mortgage payments, then backed down when the media crucified them for it, given neither is working full time though im sure they are getting some financial help from it

As for not taking part, how disgusting, the truth is the truth and to refuse to do something which may find your daughter is utterly disgusting

But then tbh I think they know fine its pointless as she is in some shallow grave somewere, i personally am still convinced that their daughter died/was murdered by the family and covered up

davemclaren
As far as im aware they asked to use the money for their mortgage payments, then backed down when the media crucified them for it, given neither is working full time though im sure they are getting some financial help from it

As for not taking part, how disgusting, the truth is the truth and to refuse to do something which may find your daughter is utterly disgusting

But then tbh I think they know fine its pointless as she is in some shallow grave somewere, i personally am still convinced that their daughter died/was murdered by the family and covered up

You have absolutely no evidence to back up your stated opinion on what happened.

In terms of their guilt, I personally think, morally and emotionally, they were neglectful but legally they are not guilty of neglect.

What if they were sitting at the bottom of their garden, in the summer, with the kids sleeping in their house and one disappeared? Or sitting in the next door neighbour's garden even? What distance needs to be involved to count as neglect? If they lived in a mansion and the kid's bedroom were 200 meters from the drawing room would that be neglect?

You have absolutely no evidence to back up your stated opinion on what happened.

In terms of their guilt, I personally think, morally and emotionally, they were neglectful but legally they are not guilty of neglect.

What if they were sitting at the bottom of their garden, in the summer, with the kids sleeping in their house and one disappeared? Or sitting in the next door neighbour's garden even? What distance needs to be involved to count as neglect? If they lived in a mansion and the kid's bedroom were 200 meters from the drawing room would that be neglect?

The scenarios you list do not even compare to what they done. They left the kids in a apartment in a foreign country and checked them every 30mins. Seriously you think that is the same as someone coming into your own home while you are in and taking 1 of your kids ? :confused:

Not legally guilty of neglect ? aye ****ing right. :rolleyes:

davemclaren
The scenarios you list do not even compare to what they done. They left the kids in a apartment in a foreign country and checked them every 30mins. Seriously you think that is the same as someone coming into your own home while you are in and taking 1 of your kids ? :confused:

Not legally guilty of neglect ? aye ****ing right. :rolleyes:

If they had owned their apartment ( thus their own home ) would that have made it different? :confused:

If they are legally guilty of neglect why haven't they been charged?

If they had owned their apartment ( thus their own home ) would that have made it different? :confused:

No it would not have mattered has they were not at home. They were sitting getting ****ed in a restaurant.

If they are legally guilty of neglect why haven't they been charged?

Because they have not been charged that means they are not legally neglect ? Is this the first ever case of guilty people not being charged :confused: Guilty people in all walks of life and crimes do not get charged i am amazed you didn't know that. Either way i thought the investigation was ongoing they may still be charged. Why charge someone with neglect when you can charge them with murder.

You think what the McCanns did was not neglectful ? :confused::sad:

As a parent , I think they're guilty of neglect and are paying the highest price.

Legally, they've done nothing wrong.

davemclaren
No it would not have mattered has they were not at home. They were sitting getting ****ed in a restaurant.

Because they have not been charged that means they are not legally neglect ? Is this the first ever case of guilty people not being charged :confused: Guilty people in all walks of life and crimes do not get charged i am amazed you didn't know that. Either way i thought the investigation was ongoing they may still be charged. Why charge someone with neglect when you can charge them with murder.

Generally people are not charged as there is insufficient evidence to convict them. They are thus not guilty in the eyes of the law. And that's how it should be.

So if you are sitting at the bottom of your large home garden drinking and the kids are sleeping in the house and get abducted it's ok?

Generally people are not charged as there is insufficient evidence to convict them. They are thus not guilty in the eyes of the law. And that's how it should be.

If you honestly believe that Dave then you are incredibly naive, and I honestly don't believe that to be the case.

davemclaren
If you honestly believe that Dave then you are incredibly naive, and I honestly don't believe that to be the case.

I do actually do think that to be the case in most instances. There are of course some times where it is deemed not to be 'in the public interest' to pursue the prosecutions but not many.

Why do you think they haven't been charged with child neglect then?

I do actually do think that to be the case in most instances. There are of course some times where it is deemed not to be 'in the public interest' to pursue the prosecutions but not many.

Why do you think they haven't been charged with child neglect then?

The 'neglect' occurred in Portugal. It may be that the laws there are completely different from here.

It also may be the case that the Police in Portugal are still more preoccupied with building an accusation of murder against them.

FWIW I don't think they did it, but I seriously don't like or trust them.

davemclaren
The 'neglect' occurred in Portugal. It may be that the laws there are completely different from here.

It also may be the case that the Police in Portugal are still more preoccupied with building an accusation of murder against them.

FWIW I don't think they did it, but I seriously don't like or trust them.

I don't much like or trust them either tbh. :)

Anyway, has anyone actually come out and said that if they did that in the UK it would be seen as a criminal offence?

I don't much like or trust them either tbh. :)

Anyway, has anyone actually come out and said that if they did that in the UK it would be seen as a criminal offence?

Children and Young Persons Act section 12

Cruelty to persons under sixteen

1.--

(1) If any person who has attained the age of sixteen years and has the custody, charge, or care of any child or young person under that age wilfully assaults, ill-treats, neglects, abandons, or exposes him, or causes or procures him to be assaulted, ill-treated, neglected, abandoned, or exposed, in a manner likely to cause him unnecessary suffering or injury to health (including injury to or loss of sight hearing, or limb, or organ of the body, and any mental derangement), that person shall be guilty of a misdemeanour.

Comparing the what the McCanns did to sitting in your garden and something happening is a non-starter in my book. Can't see how the two can be compared.

Regardless of how close the restaurant was, leaving three kids that age alone in a foreign country is just a nonsense.

coppercrutch

How times have changed. Some of us got crucified on this board when this story came out - for our views on the possibly dodginess of the situation. Seems it is the common opinion these days....

Interesting how opinions change.

How times have changed. Some of us got crucified on this board when this story came out - for our views on the possibly dodginess of the situation. Seems it is the common opinion these days....

I know what mean, next people will be saying VR has got it wrong and we need a manager. :)

I dont think they have done anything to the girl. I still think it was somebody with knowledge of the family and the apartment though.

They made a mistake by leaving the children alone, but thousands of other British parents on holiday probably do the same. They have just paid a terrible penalty.

davemclaren
Comparing the what the McCanns did to sitting in your garden and something happening is a non-starter in my book. Can't see how the two can be compared.

Regardless of how close the restaurant was, leaving three kids that age alone in a foreign country is just a nonsense.

Sorry, but I can't see the relevance of the fact that it was in a foreign country.

coppercrutch
I know what mean, next people will be saying VR has got it wrong and we need a manager. :)

When did this happen !!!??? :rolleyes:

davemclaren

Mine hasn't. I still see nothing to suggest that they did it or were involved. The fact that they comea cross as not very nice people is neither here nor there. :)

The main point I find strange about this case is that the hotel offers a sit-in nanny service for families who want to go to dinner without taking the kids.

This service costs feck all, and the McCanns make an absolute mint.

So why did they turn down the nanny service?

coppercrutch
Mine hasn't. I still see nothing to suggest that they did it or were involved. The fact that they comea cross as not very nice people is neither here nor there. :)

But aren't 'Not very nice people' more likely to do 'not very nice' things......

Anyway I am not sure if they have done something to her or not. But they are 'involved' simply by their actions. They were accomplices to what occurred, whether that was intentional or not is the question.

davemclaren
The main point I find strange about this case is that the hotel offers a sit-in nanny service for families who want to go to dinner without taking the kids.

This service costs feck all, and the McCanns make an absolute mint.

So why did they turn down the nanny service?

mod edit

You find a lot of well off people are tight.

Anyway, in 1989 Mrs Mcl and I took our 2 year old daughter to Corfu for a nice holiday at the Corfu Chandris ( nice hotel, I recommend it. ). On the complex they also had villas and we met an English couple who were there with their 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. The 2 girls got friendly and we started hanging about with them a bit. One night they suggested meeting at the bar across the road for a drink. We go ours ready for bed and stuck her in the buggy and walked about until she was sleeping and then went to the bar ( as we did every night basically ) hoping she wouldn't wake up. They come across having left their two in their beds sleeping. Their villa must have been 300 yards away and was across the main road and behind a big wall. They stayed at the bar a couple of hours during which time he went back and checked once.

The moral of this is that this is ( or was! ) relatively common and the Mccann's were the unlucky ones to find out it's not sensible.

davemclaren
But aren't 'Not very nice people' more likely to do 'not very nice' things......

Not really... :confused:

Denny Crane
I am totally sick fed up reading about this pair of uncaring fuds.

In a perfect society they would have been found guilty the day after the incident, shot through the head, stuck in brown boxes and buried. Then we wouldn't have had to suffer months of coverage in the papers and on the television giving this twisted s h y t e about them being devastated.

You and me both. I must be missing something with all of this. I always assumed that it was a given you do not leave a child in you care alone or unsupervised. Seems - going on various phone-ins - that there must be a lot of kids in the UK on their tod because folk think its right to leave them on their own while they go for a night out.

Plus, given that this pair are doctors, you do have to wonder how many parents they've referred to social services for alleged.....neglect!

Archived