The McCanns - how do they do it?

Craigieboy

Listening to Kate on the radio today. Have to say that what they are campaigning for is a good thing.

However, does it ever cross anyones mind when you see or hear them how well they seem to hold things together.

I only mention this because I know that if my wee girl was missing I would be an absolute basket case. Holding interviews, eating, putting on make-up, shaving? I doubt I would even be living.

They conduct themselves as if they are a pair of politicians talking about some random subject.

Don't think anyone knows how they'd behave one year after having a daughter abducted, with two other kids at home tbh.

I'd like to think I could hold it together, and maybe promote some related good cause.

Sexton Hardcastle

To be fair its been almost a year. Think they have accepted what has more than likely happened and delt with it in their own way. When they came back to the UK together they were in their house for a few weeks and we never heard much. Not surprising they have to come out and say somthing after the latest scandel.

Interesting to hear the UK Police want a reconstruction of events that night....

Makes you wonder what they can be trying to uncover.

jack D and coke

Right from the off something hasn't been right about the whole thing. You can't accuse of course but i think something stinks. I reckon if that had been me i might have shot myself by now. I couldn't forgive myself if i lost my kid through my own negligence and they don't exactly appear to be riddled with guilt. They've made f***** fortunes out of the whole thing and you can trust no one where money is concerned.

I'm not really trying to implicate them in the crime.

I just can't see any emotion. Their daughter could be going through anything at the moment. The mere thought of that would send me off my ****ing trolley.

Weird.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

There's something not right about the pair of them

She's too steely cold

They are both doctors, and are used to controling their emotions.

In any case, thankfully such cases are so rare that "normal" behaviour in such circumstances cannot really be defined.

Listening to Kate on the radio today. Have to say that what they are campaigning for is a good thing.

However, does it ever cross anyones mind when you see or hear them how well they seem to hold things together.

I only mention this because I know that if my wee girl was missing I would be an absolute basket case. Holding interviews, eating, putting on make-up, shaving? I doubt I would even be living.

They conduct themselves as if they are a pair of politicians talking about some random subject.

I knew there was something funny about you! :kiss2:

In any case, thankfully such cases are so rare that "normal" behaviour in such circumstances cannot really be defined.

Doctors are used to controlling their emotions when it comes to patients, not members of their own family.

As much as they can see patients suffering and dying without showing too much emotion, that is part of the job and i would imagine that when it comes to family they are not too different from your average person.

I really do think there's something odd about how little they seem to be affected by it all.

Stop being so hard on yourself.

Anyway you cant expect rich and infamous people to travel with the masses.

What would their rich wife swapping couple friends think?

:oopsoops:did I say that out loud?

haha..... there would be no bare back thats for sure.

Guest S.U.S.S.

At the VERY LEAST they should be charged with neglect.

I just think they are more intelligent than the idiots down south who staged it all.

I believe they were involved in either Maddies death or the covering up of an accident.

Regardelss of which they are guilty of neglect. They left her alone, not in their own house, in a another country ffs.

I P Knightley
There's something not right about the pair of them

She's too steely cold

There isn't (thank God) a template for people to follow in the case of abducted children. In the absence of one, it's impossible to say what's right and what's not. There are too many variables regarding the individual, the friends, the family and the circumstances of the abduction to be able to build an expectation.

What would be weird would be if the two of them had gone back to work and were carrying on their lives 'as normal'. Whatever role they may or may not have had in her disappearance, I doubt that the 2 of them are enjoying much about life - money or none (not your point BWT, but raised by another).

The wifie from Yorkshire was probably caught out partly due to trying to follow a perceived 'correct' pattern of behaviour and being a dumb-ass about it.

It's guilt thta does it

they are concealing the biggest cover uip on modern times

It's guilt thta does it

they are concealing the biggest cover uip on modern times

I think that there is an Egyptian shopkeeper who may disagree with you there!

Spitonastranger

both are also used to administering drugs

funktasticlad

The only reason this is dragging out in the press is because they are both white middlleclass doctors. Sure its the worst thing in the world for them to go through and not having kids myself couldnt imagine what it must be like but the whole thing sickens me. They left three small children alone in an apartment, had they shelled out some oh there 100k+ a year salary on a baby sitter this would never have happened. FACT

If it was a black girl from a working class family, the story would have ran a month and been forgotten but because they are depicted as middle class profesionals its a different story and the public seem to care more about it.

Nelly Terraces
both are also used to administering drugs

So is half of Wester Hailes. I think they should all be taken in for questioning at least. :P

Don't think anyone knows how they'd behave one year after having a daughter abducted, with two other kids at home tbh.

I'd like to think I could hold it together, and maybe promote some related good cause.

Exactly, they have 2 other young children depending on them.

I don't think they had anything to do with the girl's vanishing either.

I just think they are more intelligent than the idiots down south who staged it all.

I believe they were involved in either Maddies death or the covering up of an accident.

Regardelss of which they are guilty of neglect. They left her alone, not in their own house, in a another country ffs.

Agreed with that.

Somethings not right about them in my mind.

The Old Tolbooth

I share exactly the same thoughts as yourself mate, I'd be buckled if any of my daughters went missing, I really dont think I could cope!

Not sure if they were invvolved,however agree with the charge of neglect.leaving kids that young alone in any environment is bad enough,but a foreign country is unforgivable.

doctor jambo

Fabulous that these people are giving a talk on child welfare how to look after childrens well being

Regardless of their guilt/innocence, after the neglect issues of the case this just makes them look stupid

WOuld you take advice from them about how to look after kids?

Brillant

Your 3 year old daughter raises the fact your neglecting them and what do you do?

decide to neglect them slightly less

What a truly disgusting pair of cretins

The circus has run, lets get them banged up for neglect and get the other 2 kids into care

As for the speeches and warning system, heres a novel Idea Gerry, dont leave your kids home alone then they wont be needed

Dagger Is Back

Spot on SUSS. And now we learn that they'd left the kids alone the night before and Maddie had spoken to them about them not coming to them when they were crying.

What a pair of selfish selfish *******s! We all work hard, those of us with kids would love to have some time and some peace and quiet without the kids especially on holiday but to leave them alone in their apartment for ANY length of time has to be one of the most selfish things I've heard in a long time.

Anything could have happened whilst they were away even if it was just a few minutes and not the 30 minutes or so they were away for.

There are folks out there who can't have kids of their own. These two wastes of space don't deserve to have been given the gift of bringing children into the world.

Mod Edit

doctor jambo

Spot the mistake

They left the children alone whilst they went to the restuarant but checked every 20 minutes

Maddie pulls them up about it, they discuss it and decide to keep a closer eye on the children

The next night they go to same restaurant and check on them every, erm, 30 minutes (according to police statments)

Christ on a bike, if Maddie had not gone missing but complained again they would have kept a closer eye on her by turning up once every three days!

Leaving a child alone in a bedroom is not child neglect and leaving a child alone regardless of age, is not an offence on its own.

Karen Matthew's mothering skills have been questioned and her treatment of Shannon constitutes "child neglect".

doctor jambo
Leaving a child alone in a bedroom is not child neglect and leaving a child alone regardless of age, is not an offence on its own.

Karen Matthew's mothering skills have been questioned and her treatment of Shannon constitutes "child neglect".

Reckless endangerment? Think that would cover it

YOu can be prosecuted for being drunk in charge of a minor- are you really saying that it is better to leave them on their own unsupervised in a foreign country , than to be steam boats in an adjoining room?

If this was not such a cause celebre they would have been prosecuted.

They haven't

Everyone has let them off the hook, from The GMC to the Police and Social Services

At least Karen Matthews knew where here daughter was- that makes her a better parent than the Mccanns

She could also argue that the staged kidnapping was to gain money to better all thier lives

Maddie went missing because her parents were busy enjoying thier lives while their distressed kids were screaming for them- if that is not abuse I dont know what is

YOu can be prosecuted for being drunk in charge of a minor- are you really saying that it is better to leave them on their own unsupervised in a foreign country , than to be steam boats in an adjoining room?

They haven't

Everyone has let them off the hook, from The GMC to the Police and Social Services

At least Karen Matthews knew where here daughter was- that makes her a better parent than the Mccanns

She could also argue that the staged kidnapping was to gain money to better all thier lives

Maddie went missing because her parents were busy enjoying thier lives while their distressed kids were screaming for them- if that is not abuse I dont know what is

Correct.

They haven't

Exactly, Because of who these Vermin are, The Jobs they do AND Where they live, They get away with Neglect, Endangerment of a Childs life and IMO Something far more serious!!

I hope these 2...I can't think of words to describe them that would'nt get me Banned....I hope they ROT in HELL...Hopefully thier other 2 kids will disown them when/IF :mad: they get older...:evilno:

Gerry & Kate, I hope the Police do their Jobs properly and you both finish your lives rotting in a 10' x 6' Concrete room were you have to slop out your own S*** everyday!!

Has there even been one piece of reasonable evidence that the McCanns were in any way involved? I read about the hair in the car boot but that turned out to be nonsense. I have no idea why these people attract such suspicion. These people have gone through one of the worst experiences a human can and IMO deserve to be treated as such, until any proper evidence proves otherwise.

Has there even been one piece of reasonable evidence that the McCanns were in any way involved? I read about the hair in the car boot but that turned out to be nonsense. I have no idea why these people attract such suspicion. These people have gone through one of the worst experiences a human can and IMO deserve to be treated as such, until any proper evidence proves otherwise.

I think the forensic 'evidence' was dismissed/inconclusive.

Presumably if it had stood up to scrutiny the parents would now be languishing in a foreign prison - personally , apart from apalling neglect I'm not convinced the parents were involved.

The leaks of the last couple of days have been very illuminating. The latest one about Maddie asking why her parents didn't come home have been dismissed as 'being taken out of context'. One of the McCanns (I think) is quoted in today's Express as explaining it away by saying Maddie wasn't upset, it wasn't an accusation. WTF ?

The parents have been under suspicion from the outset because the stories of everyone involved don't match up. This was all explained away by their spokesman this week who said , basically, of course their stories don't match. NONE of the group was wearing a watch at the time so you would expect inconsistencies. By his logic , and he actually said , it would have been suspicious if all the stories DID add up.

So there we have it : the kids are being checked on every 30 mins (not according to the waiting staff , and not based on previous nights out) but no one is even wearing a watch. Presumably they had a great big egg timer on the table to measure the passage of time.

Oi.......take your crazy talk of "evidence" elsewhere.

They're middle class yahs with money. She's steely-cold and he's got beady eyes and a really annoying voice.

What more evidence do you need ?

Kate looked aw right in the press conference....

If she's looking to lie low some where I'm sure I have some where she can keep her down...

Kate looked aw right in the press conference....

If she's looking to lie low some where I'm sure I have some where she can keep her down...

I'm sure i just posted sumthing about that as well but its vanished. Shame, coz i thot it was bloody funny!! :confused:

They're middle class yahs with money. She's steely-cold and he's got beady eyes and a really annoying voice.

Actually, now you put it like that............... they're clearly guilty.

Cardiac Rucksack

The worst thing about the two of them is that they has not once taken a single iota of responsibility for what happened to that little girl. It sickens me that they can continue to sit in front of the media and fail to apologise or make some reference to the fact that this is all their fault.

Idont think they killed her,but they are guilty of leaving all 3 kids alone in an apt i think if they had been working class they would have been at least charged wi neglect

Archived