The Masters

rossi_1983

Say What Again
Tiger, first round at Augusta that he's never had a birdie ;)

I'm not being pedantic Andy, but I'm sure it came up on the screen last night that it was his 2nd round without a birdie at Augusta - the other being the first round in 2004.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley
I didn't think it would be as bad as this. If Player and Co have any decent mates, they should be having a serious word.

The trouble with Player is that he has no humility. It's wrong, I know, but I'm glad to see him bomb out.

Watching last night on the telly reminded me why I only ever watch on the final day - the coverage is appalling. It's driven by the yanks with (a) their interminable ad breaks and (B) their obsession with Tiger Woods. When I watched on the red button, they showed Tiger and nothing else for about 15 minutes. Lots of standing around and birdsong.

Watch the Open and it's constant coverage of people playing golf from all round the course. Between 9 and 10.30 last night, we probably saw about 25 golf shots.

Then there's Gary Lineker - don't get me started on that ar53. As an achorman, he makes a very good centre forward.

What about Eldrick mumpin about the wind, what wind I ask you? Too many old farts still out there I suppose.

I P Knightley
What about Eldrick mumpin about the wind, what wind I ask you? Too many old farts still out there I suppose.

That one struck me - they went straight from his interview mentioning the changing direction of wind at 11 & 12 to a comment from one of the better people at the Beeb (ie not Lineker) saying that it was as calm as a millpond.

I put it down to Eldrick being on such a different plane to the rest of us that a 5mph breeze would come into his calculations.

I need the stuff blowing me off my feet before I think about changing my club...

That one struck me - they went straight from his interview mentioning the changing direction of wind at 11 & 12 to a comment from one of the better people at the Beeb (ie not Lineker) saying that it was as calm as a millpond.

I put it down to Eldrick being on such a different plane to the rest of us that a 5mph breeze would come into his calculations.

I need the stuff blowing me off my feet before I think about changing my club...

Good shout! Kilspindie is so frustrating without a gale.

Target golf yesterday. I hope the wind blows over the weekend, maybe 12 to 18 mph, that wood really put the pussy amongst the doo's.

rossthejambo

iv got vijay E/W for this. cant see past tiger though.

justin rose will do his usual keep in contention up until about 5 holes into the final day where he bombs out of the running

I P Knightley

justin rose will do his usual keep in contention up until about 5 holes into the final day where he bombs out of the running

Whilst I wish you the best with your gambling, although not at my own expense of course, Vijay gets right on my nips.

Although I've no money on Rose, I hope he does well. He's impressed me as being an all round good-guy ever since the Open at Birkdale. His swing yesterday looked immaculate without being super-human like Tiger or freakishly muscled like Casey. I want a swing like that.

C'Mon Retief...In the Hole!!

By the way:

snedeker-swing.jpg

princeharry1_300.jpg

Separated at birth??

Thanks Mr Player for keeping your most cringe worthy moment till last, kissing the grass on the eighteenth green in your white jump suit with silver buckle, I knew you wouldn't let me down. Tell him next years masters tournament is canceled FFS.

Whilst I wish you the best with your gambling, although not at my own expense of course, Vijay gets right on my nips.

Although I've no money on Rose, I hope he does well. He's impressed me as being an all round good-guy ever since the Open at Birkdale. His swing yesterday looked immaculate without being super-human like Tiger or freakishly muscled like Casey. I want a swing like that.

C'Mon Retief...In the Hole!!

By the way:

snedeker-swing.jpg

princeharry1_300.jpg

Separated at birth??

Or maybe the Real Daddy.......:rolleyes::zip::secret::whistling:

I P Knightley
Thanks Mr Player for keeping your most cringe worthy moment till last, kissing the grass on the eighteenth green in your white jump suit with silver buckle, I knew you wouldn't let me down. Tell him next years masters tournament is canceled FFS.

I've never been so close to hitting the telly. Him and his smug interview with Hazel Irvine - she should have kneed him in the knackers.

The customary Rose collapse has started early this year!!!

chester copperpot
The customary Rose collapse has started early this year!!!

I've never ever bet on Golf before, but he was the one I'd have backed if I did. Good to know that my imaginary bets are fecking up aswell. At least I didn't back this donkey for a change.

I've never ever bet on Golf before, but he was the one I'd have backed if I did. Good to know that my imaginary bets are fecking up aswell. At least I didn't back this donkey for a change.

I thought this could be his year too as he was realy in good form

He just can't seem to hold it together over 4 days at the majors

Thats Tiger up to 3 under.

Whats the score with the tops with 3 diagonal/horizontal lines on the back.Is it a designer thing.

chester copperpot
Thats Tiger up to 3 under.

Whats the score with the tops with 3 diagonal/horizontal lines on the back.Is it a designer thing.

I think if tiger gets to 4 or 5 today, he will be a major (excuse the pun) factor tomorrow come the end.

They just mentioned that the greens have slowed up. I remember a few years ago when I used to play Braids 1 every week the greenkeeper told me that after they had prepped the greens for the annual competition (can't remember it's name just now) the greens were faster than they had at Atlanta.

Worst putting round I have had in my life, and that is a bold statement as I can't putt for toffee.

I thought after finishing so far behind Immelman yesterday Tiger didn't have much of a chance.

He's now just finished his round on -5, with Snedeker leading on -9 after 10 holes

Another good day tomorrow and i reckon he could be right up there

chester copperpot
I thought after finishing so far behind Immelman yesterday Tiger didn't have much of a chance.

He's now just finished his round on -5, with Snedeker leading on -9 after 10 holes

Another good day tomorrow and i reckon he could be right up there

He's never came from behind to win a major though. So tomorrow should be interesting.

As Alliss just said.Thats Tiger finished.The rest will try to get a couple of birdies to put more daylight between him and them.Mistakes will be made to Tigers benefit.

Anyone else watching this tonight?

Tiger's just bogied 4 to go back to -4, thought he would have been on fire today but doesn't look like it yet.

Snedeker bogied the 1st and then eagled the 2nd to go into joint lead at -10 after Immelman bogied the 1st.

Flesch and Casey both on -8

Looks like its going to be a really interesting last day

Tiger back to 5 under

Starting to get even beyond him, unless Immelman bottles it

I cant see Immelman bottling it now.

I felt he might beforehand but he doesnt seem to be letting the pressure get to him.

Ibrahim Tall
I cant see Immelman bottling it now.

I felt he might beforehand but he doesnt seem to be letting the pressure get to him.

Can see him adding to his lead if anything tbh.

I'm sure nearly every tournament i've watched Woods has done f all.

I thought Casey could have been in with a shout at the start of the day, looked like he was going well.

Just dropped 6 shots in 5 holes though.

Probably between Immelman, Flesch and Snedeker now.

Should be Immelmans unless he completely mucks it up though!

Should be Immelmans unless he completely mucks it up though!

Immelman is about to start the 4 hardest holes on the course ......

Jesus that was some approach shot by Woods there. I could spend all day attempting that shot and never manage it.

And then missed the short putt. Now that I can manage shot after shot.

And then missed the short putt. Now that I can manage shot after shot.

Think that his chance to get into contention went with that putt.

Still, you never know.

I love when Woods doesn't play well. Not because of any particular dislike I just find his petulant child routine quite amusing.

Snedeker's falling to pieces.

They pretty much all have apart from Immelman

5 shot lead with 5 to play - he can only throw it away

Snedeker's falling to pieces.

Shame as I like the way he plays his golf. No hanging around staring at a shot for 5 minutes, walk up to the ball, hit it, job done.

I feel a bit sorry for Flesch having a few nightmare shots. This is probably going to be his only chance to be in the spotlight on the last day of a major. Would be great for him to finish top 3.

The Old Tolbooth
I've stuck a huge wad on Immelman, so he'll probably lose!!

5 stroke lead with 4 holes to play mate, I think you can start counting ;)

Father Tiresias
5 stroke lead with 4 holes to play mate, I think you can start counting ;)

1 hundred, 2 hundred, 3 hundred......................;)

The Old Tolbooth
1 hundred, 2 hundred, 3 hundred......................;)

Hold it!

He just hit a ball in the water :confused:

chester copperpot
Crikey, just when you thought it was safe to go to bed!

Nice recovery there.

chester copperpot
Probably sealed it.

Tiger's played rubbish by his standards all week (except Yesterday), and yet he's still going to finish second in a Major. Just goes to show you that even when he's playing poor, he still makes the guy win the tournament.

Fair play to the guy like, he's some piece of work. Immelman's been the most deserving of this, this week.

Archived