The Masters

rossi_1983

Kicks off at 1p.m.

Some of the big tee times from tomorrow:

1523 & 1830: Zach Johnson, Luke Donald (Eng), Geoff Ogilvy (Aus)

1534 & 1841: Mike Weir (Can), Padraig Harrington (Ire), Jeev Milka Singh (Ind)

1545 & 1852: Tiger Woods, Angel Cabrera (Arg), Stuart Appleby (Aus)

1556 & 1903: Justin Rose (Eng), Henrik Stenson (Swe), Toru Taniguchi (Jpn)

1819 & 1512: Adam Scott (Aus), Paul Casey (Eng), Retief Goosen (SA)

1830 & 1523: Vijay Singh (Fiji), Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink

1841 & 1534: Phil Mickelson, Andres Romero (Arg), K.J. Choi (Kor) 1852 & 1545: Ernie Els (SA), Shingo Katayama (Japan), Jim Furyk

Is it gonna be the start of the Grand Slam for Tiger?

He is so far ahead at the moment, that it is difficult to see who can beat him

I think Justin Rose, Adam Scott, Phil Mickelson and Geoff Ogilvy will be the nearest challengers, but I just can't see past Tiger

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip! really looking forward to it Rossi, apart from cringing at Gary Player, Ben Crenshaw, Craig Stadler, Ray Floyd and Fuzzy Zoellers futile attempts to complete eighteen holes, far less the cut.

Remember that it's live on the BBC from 3.45 today - just press the red button to take you to BBCi for live coverage from Amen Corner.

Say What Again

I dislkie golf but like gambling. So, with that in mind, I've backed Sterne and Furyk e/w

chester copperpot

I love the Masters, great watching. Not a big gambler on golf, cannot see past Tiger this year, his form is just out of this world just now. Even when he's not striking the ball as well as he wants, he's still winning tournaments.

who cares its the worst sport ever invented :evilno:

Yet you felt the urge to click on a thread so obviousliy about the "worst sport ever" and reply...

doorknob.jpg

I love the Masters, great watching. Not a big gambler on golf, cannot see past Tiger this year, his form is just out of this world just now. Even when he's not striking the ball as well as he wants, he's still winning tournaments.

I ain't having a bet on this, as Tiger is so short, and if he doesn't win then it really is wide open

I think it should be a really good few days though, as Tiger is playing so well, but there is also a clutch of others who are excellent players, and in a different era would be much more succesful. The Majors always level the playing field a bit, so will be interesting to see how close they can actually get to Tiger

If Tiger wins, then it will be leg 1 of a proper assault on the Grand Slam which will be very exciting to see

chester copperpot
Yet you felt the urge to click on a thread so obviousliy about the "worst sport ever" and reply...

doorknob.jpg

I ain't having a bet on this, as Tiger is so short, and if he doesn't win then it really is wide open

I think it should be a really good few days though, as Tiger is playing so well, but there is also a clutch of others who are excellent players, and in a different era would be much more succesful. The Majors always level the playing field a bit, so will be interesting to see how close they can actually get to Tiger

If Tiger wins, then it will be leg 1 of a proper assault on the Grand Slam which will be very exciting to see

Love watching the masters with a few bottles of pop. Cannot wait for it to kick off, but will only be settling down to watch it once the kids are off to bed.

What time's it on telly, and what channel?

Cant find it anywhere.:confused:

Apparently its not on the beeb until 9pm tonight. I cant find it anywhere else either, I know its only the 1st round but I still wanna watch it. Get an idea how the greens are playing etc etc.

doorknob.jpg

Give him his dues it could have been about snooker. ;)

chester copperpot
Apparently its not on the beeb until 9pm tonight. I cant find it anywhere else either, I know its only the 1st round but I still wanna watch it. Get an idea how the greens are playing etc etc.

Does it start at 9 or finish then. That means I'll miss all of Tiger's round if it only starts at 9.

Trying to trawl through sky to find somewhere that may be showing the earlier stuff. Will let you know if Im lucky.

Radio Ga Ga
Does it start at 9 or finish then. That means I'll miss all of Tiger's round if it only starts at 9.

Trying to trawl through sky to find somewhere that may be showing the earlier stuff. Will let you know if Im lucky.

Its on BBCi, go to sky page 101 and press the RED button and hey presto...

I think it starts from around 4.00 'ish

chester copperpot
Remember that it's live on the BBC from 3.45 today - just press the red button to take you to BBCi for live coverage from Amen Corner.

Have just noticed this post after spending half an hour trying to find it, managed to go onto BBCi and see that.

Wish I paid more attention earlier.

I P Knightley

I read somehwere that some bookies are offering 8/1 for Tiger to win the Grand Slam!

In years gone by, the favourite would have had longer odds than that for just one of the majors.

There's nothing to be had in betting on Tiger for the Masters but those odds on Garcia etc look worth an e/w. Except for Garcia - he hasn't a chance ;)

Usually go for Mickelson in The Masters but decided to completely randomly stick ?5 e/w on Appleby @ 80/1.

Mac Elliott

Tiger is 11/8 at hills no point backing him, ridiculous price for him

much better going down the e/w route think you are getting the first 5 places(no sure)

Iam going kj choi 35/1 and g ogilvy at 20/1

I P Knightley

Tiger will be bricking himself looking at the world's second pbest player nestling into contention at the moment.

Mac Elliott
Tiger will be bricking himself looking at the world's second pbest player nestling into contention at the moment.

:laugh:

cant stand the second best player in the world

I P Knightley

If only the Masters were to stop now...

I've got Nick Dougherty at 200/1!

Retief for my 'sensible' bet.

If only the Masters were to stop now...

I've got Nick Dougherty at 200/1!

Retief for my 'sensible' bet.

Zach Johnson is on the case at -1 after 1, boom boom!

Yip! really looking forward to it Rossi, apart from cringing at Gary Player, Ben Crenshaw, Craig Stadler, Ray Floyd and Fuzzy Zoellers futile attempts to complete eighteen holes, far less the cut.

Player is already + 8 after 8 holes

I've got sergio at 30/1 each way

im never backgin sergio again after that tournament where he blew it at the last hole last year

Carl Spackler

?5 E/W on Ogilvie at 20/1.

I love punting on the majors (apart from the USPGA which can GTF!) and don't do much other betting. Made about ?400 off the last British Open!

I've got sergio at 30/1 each way

You ought to shop about a bit more mate.

Various firms including William Hill were offering 66/1 on Garcia.

I P Knightley
Zach Johnson is on the case at -1 after 1, boom boom!

Wacko Zacho? Twice in a row? Never, I tells ya!

Fair shout to the man who took Ogilvy - he'd have been my choice had I not plumped for Retief.

chester copperpot
Not doing too badly at the golf either ;)

Tiger, first round at Augusta that he's never had a birdie ;)

Tiger, first round at Augusta that he's never had a birdie ;)

Average round for him today but he'll still be favourite. He putted well so once he starts getting the ball on the green in regulation he'll start climbing the leaderboard.

ps hope he doesn't though :rolleyes:

Do you remember that phrase by Peter Allis in 1988

"Sandy Sandy your so Dandy"

Following Sandy Lyles iron out of the sand from about 180 yards to six feet of the whole. He then went on to hole it, to win the Masters.

He is going well just now, but is sure to fade in the next few days. :confused:

chester copperpot

See when you watch these guys play golf, its such an easy game. I'd be chucked off the course for throwing clubs, hacking up the rough, telling the crowd to GTF etc etc. These guys have a seriously good attitude.

chester copperpot
The coverage on BBC HD is fantastic quality.

Snob.

I agree, its greaaaaaattttttt. (Tony Tiger stylee)

Player is already + 8 after 8 holes

I didn't think it would be as bad as this. If Player and Co have any decent mates, they should be having a serious word.

Archived