"Sack me" plea from Paulo Sergio

Des' Dad

Paulo added: "We are losing focus on the training pitch and that is affecting us on the field. The team are dealing with other problems that everybody knows about and we are losing our concentration, most of all in defence. We are creating enough chances but we are not scoring enough and we are doing stupid things in defence and giving our opponents more chances than they deserve."

Perfectly clear what he is saying here. The sign of a man who is totally frustrated at having to work with one hand tied behind his back. He is acting and talking like a manager who knows he cannot do what he wants in the transfer window in January and maybe feels that it's time for him to get out to protect whatever reputation he has, or had.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Paulo feels like Joe Jordan and others felt that they were sold a pup, when approached to take on the role as our manager.Clearly having to work with one hand tied behind his back will not do his credibility any good.

As long as those running the club, whoever they are, don't pander to those who want Jefferies back.

Thread title is totally misleading.

Do you think that any criticism, however slight, is acceptable to our nutcase owner?

Paulo added: "We are losing focus on the training pitch and that is affecting us on the field. The team are dealing with other problems that everybody knows about and we are losing our concentration, most of all in defence. We are creating enough chances but we are not scoring enough and we are doing stupid things in defence and giving our opponents more chances than they deserve."

Perfectly clear what he is saying here. The sign of a man who is totally frustrated at having to work with one hand tied behind his back. He is acting and talking like a manager who knows he cannot do what he wants in the transfer window in January and maybe feels that it's time for him to get out to protect whatever reputation he has, or had.

Sack me plea.... or a simple truthful explanation of whats happening.

No need for the awful sensationalist thread title just to try and whip up a jizz frenzy on here.

No need for the awful sensationalist thread title just to try and whip up a jizz frenzy on here.

The former in my humble opinion. Not trying "sensationalist" at all and certainly not wanting to whip up a frenzy, jizzy or not, whatever that is.

Whether PS wants sacked or not, to read that into his comments is preposterous!

His analysis would seem to be spot on but, even with your preconceptions, it's a leap of illogic!!!

The former in my humble opinion. Not trying "sensationalist" at all and certainly not wanting to whip up a frenzy, jizzy or not, whatever that is.

If PS wanted sacked...he could have said far worse and still been on the money.

I'd have thought that there's more than enough crap going on just now, without dramaqueens inventing even more. :sad:

ToadKiller Dog

Dont think its a sack me plea ,just an honest guy ,frustrated that outside pressures are stopping his team from being at its best . Sort of shows he wants to be able to do his job to the best of his abilities but is not being allowed . A same old story for all our recent managers . Dont think he wants out ,he wants it sorted .

Thread title is nonsense.

What Paulo says is bang on the money.

Can't see how what he says suggests he wants sacked, if anything it shows he cares about the job.

Sterling Archer

Do you think that any criticism, however slight, is acceptable to our nutcase owner?

:really:

You can't put Sack me in quotation marks when it clearly isn't what he said.

Your response is that of a total :Vlad-Stupid:

Its bang on the money. I don't know what people are expecting when they turn up to watch a team that has not been paid properly for weeks. I would rather he is honest and saying it how it is, instead of saying that everything is rosie and the players were unlucky to lose on Saturday.

We are in a dire state at the minute and we are lucky the players are even turning up to play at the minute.

Walter Bishop

Thread title is nonsense.

What Paulo says is bang on the money.

Can't see how what he says suggests he wants sacked, if anything it shows he cares about the job.

Exactly how i read it, he sounds frustrated more than anything else. What benefit would there be in getting sacked anyway, Does his contract not run out next month?

This

Exactly how i read it, he sounds frustrated more than anything else. What benefit would there be in getting sacked anyway, Does his contract not run out next month?

Think his contract runs until the end of the season.

What he has said is very responsible and respectful to his players.

He could have gone down the fans route (myself included - I notice a flaw in Kello's game is being too eager to leave his line, that Hammill's hopeless, WTF Zaliukas and so on).

Now do the decent thing Segio.

Play Andy Driver

I assume if the OP ever talks about difficulties at his work he would be effectively asking his boss to sack him. Going by his theory anyway.

What a load of bollox, these are professional footballers, their livihood depends on how they perfom on the pitch. If they want out then play for a move, if they want to say play like a profeesional. If the current overpaid wasters aren't up to it - bin them for the young lads who are getting paid and would give there all for a chance.

Not in way advocating JJ's return - but I'm certain we'd be better off if he was still here, he may not have the tactical know how, but what he lacks he makes up for in motivation and orgainisation.

Sorry but that's just a sorry excuse for yet another abysmal display.

Suspect Device

he's only sayting what we're all thinking

the players are turning up for work, but how much effort would you put in if you'd not been paid ?

can't say I blame the players, it was exactly the same against ICT, only difference is St J are a better team

Exactly right Paulo. Well said. So will you take players out of the back line and give others a chance? Probably not.

Team for the next home game

Kello

Mcgowan Zal Mroweic Obua

Robinson Jonsson

Taouil Rudi Driver

Sutton

get hammill, webster and the retards who were sarcastically cheering zal when he made a pass to ****

I assume if the OP ever talks about difficulties at his work he would be effectively asking his boss to sack him. Going by his theory anyway.

My boss wouldn't take a minor criticism of the difficulties I have in my job because of his decisions (i.e., non-payment of wages) as a reason to sack me, but we're not dealing with my boss. We're dealing with the madman who owns our club and who will not tolerate ANY criticism of his methods, no matter how trivial.

The Real Maroonblood

A frenzy on Kickback never.

:whistling:

Nelly Terraces

If the players can't be ersed then I'm cool with that, but also, I don't see why the fans should bother turning up either.

Jam Tarts 1874

With Christmas just around the corner, I can't imagine that the mood of the players is going to improve any if they can't buy their families presents.

deary me !!!!

What a load of bollox, these are professional footballers, their livihood depends on how they perfom on the pitch. If they want out then play for a move, if they want to say play like a profeesional. If the current overpaid wasters aren't up to it - bin them for the young lads who are getting paid and would give there all for a chance.

Not in way advocating JJ's return - but I'm certain we'd be better off if he was still here, he may not have the tactical know how, but what he lacks he makes up for in motivation and orgainisation.

Sorry but that's just a sorry excuse for yet another abysmal display.

There are a couple of fairly fundamental flaws in your post - you'll notice I've highlighted them.

"Professional" infers remuneration for services provided.

"Their livlihood depends..." not on performance, but on the whims of a capricious madman

"Overpaid" would suggest payment in the first place.

There isnt a business in the world where lack of pay - regardless of how much that pay is - affects the mindset of the employees. As fans, we'd take to the pitch for nothing. but the players aren't fans they're employees, and regardless of what you do as a job, no pay = reduced performance at the very best

Sergio is spot on in his post.

My boss wouldn't take a minor criticism of the difficulties I have in my job because of his decisions (i.e., non-payment of wages) as a reason to sack me, but we're not dealing with my boss. We're dealing with the madman who owns our club and who will not tolerate ANY criticism of his methods, no matter how trivial.

I thought this was one of the periods when Vlad was a complete madfud for not giving a toss about what's going on at Tynecastls as opposed to one of the periods when he was a madfud for meddling too much with what's going on at Tynecastle. Did I miss a memo? I find it hard to keep up with why we're supposed to be hating Vlad this week.

What he has said is very responsible and respectful to his players.

exactly,he has to try and keep the players onside especially after asking them not to go to the PFA last time

think 'semeny' instead

Jesus Christ - what a magnificent example of taking a quote out of context. That was Paulo's answer to a question that said: "You must be disappointed in the defence at the two goals as defence has been one of our strong points this season" not "Are you going to give up now?"

If you'd cared to actually listen to Paulo's post-match interview you'd realise that.

I thought this was one of the periods when Vlad was a complete madfud for not giving a toss about what's going on at Tynecastls as opposed to one of the periods when he was a madfud for meddling too much with what's going on at Tynecastle. Did I miss a memo? I find it hard to keep up with why we're supposed to be hating Vlad this week.

Its part of the JKB soap opera that the Sun get its stories from imo T.C. :whistling:

Captain Canada

Does anyone really think PS will be at Hearts by the end of January? Putting money problems aside, he's done nothing to improve the performance of the team in the last few months.

I think a mutual termination of his contract would be best all round.

I dont think I even agree with what he does say.

If anyone genuinely believes that not getting paid is the reason Kello came a flapping, or if anyone thinks Hamill stepped up to take that penalty thinking "dosnae matter if I score or not cos i'm not getting paid" - you're deluded.

Whats going on with wages isnt helping matters, but thats a VERY poor excuse for the calamities and lack of effort we're seeing on the pitch.

The guy is a dud! A useless pile of shite.

I utterly despise him.

It's us that has 'one hand tied behind our backs' as we are stuck with him as we can't afford to sack him.

Alex Macdonlad managed us during a time of us being on the verge of extinction.

He has nowehere near the squad Sergio is lucky enough to have.

His players were on the kind of salary you would get for working in a supermarket stacking shelves, during a time when there were fantastic clubs in our league who were feared in Europe.

He got the best out of them week in week out.

Sergio is making excuses as he is a rotten manager.

I dont think I even agree with what he does say.

If anyone genuinely believes that not getting paid is the reason Kello came a flapping, or if anyone thinks Hamill stepped up to take that penalty thinking "dosnae matter if I score or not cos i'm not getting paid" - you're deluded.

Whats going on with wages isnt helping matters, but thats a VERY poor excuse for the calamities and lack of effort we're seeing on the pitch.

To play football at SPL level and not make basic calamitous mistakes that will be punished, players need to be 100% focused on the match. If they are trying to play whilst wondering if or when their next pay packet will ever arrive, I'll forgive them for not being 100% focused on the task in hand.

To play football at SPL level and not make basic calamitous mistakes that will be punished, players need to be 100% focused on the match. If they are trying to play whilst wondering if or when their next pay packet will ever arrive, I'll forgive them for not being 100% focused on the task in hand.

Nonsense.

Do you REALLY believe that Hamill was thinking about his wages while he took that pen? Really?

Nonsense.

Do you REALLY believe that Hamill was thinking about his wages while he took that pen? Really?

Question for all the people who are blaming economics rather than the manager and players.

Is it affecting Rangers?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Question for all the people who are blaming economics rather than the manager and players.

Is it affecting Rangers?

Rangers players not getting paid then scoop ???

When Brian clough was hanging the team sheet up on a wall with chewing gum and had to put buckets in the dressing room to catch the water from a leaking roof - do you think he cried and got his players to throw in the towel or did his team go out and win 1 league title and 2 European cups?

Was Bob Paisley greeting with he took Liverpool from a diddy team to the greatets team on the planet?

Sergio - listen up!!! Things are not great - just do yer effin job and get on with it!

Nonsense.

With all due respect, you're talking nonsense.

Irrespective of the penalty, look at the team performance - we looked lacklusture, uninterested, unmotivated, at times shambolic. We missed chances, there were basic individual errors all over the park by the majority of the players throughout the entire 90 minutes. Hamil was one of many players having a poor game up until the penalty, the fans had been on his (and many other players) back and it was no real surprise he missed it.

Paulo Sergio is bang on the money with his comments and whilst I'm undecieded about his tactical nouse, he has my full backing on this issue.

The current fiasco is undoubtedly affecting the players - if your employer stopped paying you but still expected you to do your job would you be able or want to? Where I would question the players is, if it is affecting them as much as it seems to be, why are they not initiating action themselves through the union or the SPL? They are bang to rights on this issue and I like to think most decent minded fans would back them.

Rangers players not getting paid then scoop ???

The Rangers players could ALL be out of a job in the next month.

With all due respect, you're talking nonsense.

Irrespective of the penalty, look at the team performance - we looked lacklusture, uninterested, unmotivated, at times shambolic. We missed chances, there were basic individual errors all over the park by the majority of the players throughout the entire 90 minutes. Hamil was one of many players having a poor game up until the penalty, the fans had been on his (and many other players) back and it was no real surprise he missed it.

Paulo Sergio is bang on the money with his comments and whilst I'm undecieded about his tactical nouse, he has my full backing on this issue.

The current fiasco is undoubtedly affecting the players - if your employer stopper paying you but still expected you to do your job would you be able or want to? Where I would question the players is, if it is affecting them as much as it seems to be, why are they not initiating action themselves through the union or the SPL? They are bang to rights on this issue and I like to think most decent minded fans would back them.

Laryea Kingston was on 15K per week and constantly looked "lacklusture, uninterested, unmotivated, at times shambolic".

If ther are going to underperform then it is his job to sort it out - FACT.That is what he is paid to do.

Kick the boot up the arse and pick an XI that will perform.

Archived