Players Released

Arthur Morgan

The OP will be proved right on Callum Elliot. He has in theory agreed a release from his deal for January. The others mentioned have agreed no such deal. For what it is worth the 'manager' has had no say in any of this.

Cheers.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arthur Morgan

The OP will be proved right on Callum Elliot. He has in theory agreed a release from his deal for January. The others mentioned have agreed no such deal. For what it is worth the 'manager' has had no say in any of this.

Cheers.

Nah, you're making this up mate :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

Nah, you're making this up mate :whistling:

If it is proved correct then good exclusive, but you have to admit you made a fool of yourself by the constant changing of your story. People are hardly going to believe your rumour if it changes from minute to minute. Did you find out who the other players were?

Arthur Morgan

If it is proved correct then good exclusive, but you have to admit you made a fool of yourself by the constant changing of your story. People are hardly going to believe your rumour if it changes from minute to minute. Did you find out who the other players were?

Tbh mate I couldn't care less if you all think I've made a fool of myself, I'll not lose any sleep over it, put it that way. Do you really think I would let you all know now if I had heard anything else? I think I'll keep things to myself from now on.

Tbh mate I couldn't care less if you all think I've made a fool of myself, I'll not lose any sleep over it, put it that way. Do you really think I would let you all know now if I had heard anything else? I think I'll keep things to myself from now on.

I am not entirely sure I'll function knowing that we'll never get another "exclusive" like that gem where we were wearing a brand new strip, but we didn't or this one about rumours that some of the out of contract players may not get deals.

It's a sad day. :(

I am not entirely sure I'll function knowing that we'll never get another "exclusive" like that gem where we were wearing a brand new strip, but we didn't or this one about rumours that some of the out of contract players may not get deals.

It's a sad day. :(

Don't worry BH we've still got jayjay

::troll:::'>

Ironically, posting at 1.23 you probably have lost sleep over it. Unless you want to break the exclusive that you work nightshift.......

For someone that's "not going to lose any sleep over it" you seem to be getting awfy touchy about a few pictures on a screen and people calling you out on your original posts/rumours.

In all honesty, it was hardly that much of an exclusive was it? Elliot, Glen and some other players were going to be released in January or the end of the season. Christ we didn't know that was coming!

Ruthless mofo of a place is JKB!!!!!!!!!!!

I've nae doubt the lad was told what he was told. Don't think he posted the info very well. If you're gona post anything on here, rumour or solid, you've got to get it all spotty dog, grammar the lot!!! Fallen foul of it meself in the past and it's a souring experience!

Fact is, pish or not, the OP's OP has - or might have if not for all the handbags and wolfpackery - sparked a worthwhile debate on the deadwood in our squad.

I'd be perfectly happy if 8 or more were paid off in Jan. It might be an instant outlay for the club, but no more, infact probably less than the remainder worth of the contracts anyway. From a footballing point of view though, the coaches simply need to have less players milling around the place. Never mind financially - logistically the squad size in untenable.

GOt to be the right ones who go though, either Jan or in the summer. I see the likes of Eggy and Stevo as essentials. Solid pros who you just know will be great with younger players and do their best to lead by example. Guys like that will be invaluable if we're to take the youthy route.

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't think that there is going to be the big clear out in January as some are predicting. The fact is that not many of our players will attract any interest and therefore it will be a case of them running their contracts down and heading for much smaller clubs next season.

I don't think that there is going to be the big clear out in January as some are predicting. The fact is that not many of our players will attract any interest and therefore it will be a case of them running their contracts down and heading for much smaller clubs next season.

I wonder if it's a case of if you can find a new club, you're free to go for a few players rather than them being paid off.

Be interesting to see our squad and moreso our team come Feb.

Jambof3tornado

I wonder if it's a case of if you can find a new club, you're free to go for a few players rather than them being paid off.

Be interesting to see our squad and moreso our team come Feb.

If you can find a new club and want to accept the drop in wages,because I cant think of any that will get the same money elsewhere!!!

Captain Lithuania

Actually, I'll do even better than that. I'll wear it on Saturday, I sit in section G.

Ah I forgot you won't be able to see it from behind your pc screen.

I didn't say you didn't have it. I asked you to prove you did.

Actually, I sit in section E row 9, and I usually post from my phone.

Oops.

Of course, yep! We put ourselves in that position with undeserved wages. Even with decent players who more or less do us a turn, their wages are a millstone around the neck of the club. Driver's a great wee player but his wages are OTT. And then you've got someone like Eggy who I like but is probably quite replaceable, but even now, you just wouldn't put it past VR to throw a lengthy high contract at him and the club need away from that.

The likes of Glen, Johnny Stewart and arguably Clum have to think longer term and if they're going to make it at SPL level need to get playing asap. You'd hope an agent would be advising them just that but you never know.

Guest Dipped Flake

Listen, people on here take things way too far, it's like a school playground, you all act like 12 year olds. The fact is that most of you are all sad middle aged men with countless of thousands of posts who have nothing better to do. Oh and btw Portobello Jambo, who told you this as tbh most people at Riccarton think JKB is full of arseholes including Gary Locke.

OK so people take things too far on here and then you go on to slag us off for being 12 year old, middle aged men, pretty wierd if you ask me.

As for taking this board seriously, nobody with any sort of a life does. You were the one trying to appear so ITK that you had to post some insider information that was totlly ripped to shreds as being untrue, and not for the first time with your posts.

Sexton Hardcastle

Whats this chat about players signing for Kaunas?

Been told that at least 7 Hearts players have been offered a contract at Kaunas.

Jason Thomson currently on loan to Dunfermline is one of those 7.

Usual made up shite?

Tbf, if you'd merely said it was something you'd heard and not something that had definately happened already, people wouldn't be mocking you.

I don't doubt you've been told this information, but there's no point proclaiming it to be stonewall fact until it is, because you'll like like an utter tool if it doesn't.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Been told that at least 7 Hearts players have been offered a contract at Kaunas.

Usual made up shite?

Surely that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever? If they're being released from Hearts because VR is skint/no longer willing to fund us, why would he then pay them to play for Kaunas?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Tbf, if you'd merely said it was something you'd heard and not something that had definately happened already, people wouldn't be mocking you.

I don't doubt you've been told this information, but there's no point proclaiming it to be stonewall fact until it is, because you'll like like an utter tool if it doesn't.

And may even be forced to change username! :lol:

stirlingshirejambo

Usual made up shite?

I read that on Hibs.Net too

what an insane idea

I read that on Hibs.Net too

what an insane idea

Obviously bullshit. Only thing I could think of is if Kaunas pay them, so still VR, but through Kaunas' books, then Hearts' cashflow looks better for any suitor.

These 20 seconds have been far too many to have wasted on the notion though. Tosh and tiffle of the highest order as a fellow once said.

Arthur Morgan

What row in section G do you sit JollyJambo? I'm in G, I look forward to this exclusive of the strip.

Row 7 mate.

Arthur Morgan

Ironically, posting at 1.23 you probably have lost sleep over it. Unless you want to break the exclusive that you work nightshift.......

I have a habit of staying up late... Problem?

Arthur Morgan

OK so people take things too far on here and then you go on to slag us off for being 12 year old, middle aged men, pretty wierd if you ask me.

As for taking this board seriously, nobody with any sort of a life does. You were the one trying to appear so ITK that you had to post some insider information that was totlly ripped to shreds as being untrue, and not for the first time with your posts.

Yes, if people take it too far I'm not going to take it am I? How do you know it's definitely untrue though?

Arthur Morgan

I didn't say you didn't have it. I asked you to prove you did.

Actually, I sit in section E row 9, and I usually post from my phone.

Oops.

Yes, and I'm going to prove it aren't I?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have a habit of staying up late... Problem?

JJ,

chill out mate. :)

Cheers for passing on what you heard. All good man, dinnae get all bent out of shape about the reactions... It doesnae really matter.

Arthur Morgan

For someone that's "not going to lose any sleep over it" you seem to be getting awfy touchy about a few pictures on a screen and people calling you out on your original posts/rumours.

In all honesty, it was hardly that much of an exclusive was it? Elliot, Glen and some other players were going to be released in January or the end of the season. Christ we didn't know that was coming!

Did I say it was an exclusive? No I didn't. Another witty comment I see... :down:

Ruthless mofo of a place is JKB!!!!!!!!!!!

I've nae doubt the lad was told what he was told. Don't think he posted the info very well. If you're gona post anything on here, rumour or solid, you've got to get it all spotty dog, grammar the lot!!! Fallen foul of it meself in the past and it's a souring experience!

Fact is, pish or not, the OP's OP has - or might have if not for all the handbags and wolfpackery - sparked a worthwhile debate on the deadwood in our squad.

I'd be perfectly happy if 8 or more were paid off in Jan. It might be an instant outlay for the club, but no more, infact probably less than the remainder worth of the contracts anyway. From a footballing point of view though, the coaches simply need to have less players milling around the place. Never mind financially - logistically the squad size in untenable.

GOt to be the right ones who go though, either Jan or in the summer. I see the likes of Eggy and Stevo as essentials. Solid pros who you just know will be great with younger players and do their best to lead by example. Guys like that will be invaluable if we're to take the youthy route.

Thanks. At least one sensible post. I just wish everyone took this stance with the odd bit of banter thrown in.

Again, fair enough. Next time I won't state it as fact as I did a little, apologies. Think we all can move now, hopefully... :)

Arthur Morgan

JJ,

chill out mate. :)

Cheers for passing on what you heard. All good man, dinnae get all bent out of shape about the reactions... It doesnae really matter.

Yeah, I think I tend to take things to heart too much.

As you can tell, I get annoyed very easily! :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Most ironic username in JKB history? :D

Jolly if you are going to post stuff like this and it doesn't happen folk will take the piss, in most cases myself included there's no malice intended. Best advice take it on the chin and if/when it comes true bump the thread and gloat like **** :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Yes, if people take it too far I'm not going to take it am I? How do you know it's definitely untrue though?

Depends on who the source of your information is I suppose. If some random in the pub or the street tells you x, y or z is happening at HMFC you let it go in one ear and out the other (and as you'll have discovered through this thread, there ain't a lot to be gained from posting it as a statement of fact, i.e. x, y and z are leaving the club, where specific names are used to represent x,y and z).

When I asked about this the person I asked started pissing themselves laughing and knew it was something emanating from JKB. In such situations, if you do want to post it, as a subject for discussion, it is probably better to start of by saying something like "I have heard x, y and z are leaving the club, anyone else heard this and would like to discuss it" rather than phrase a thread as a statement like "x, y and z are leaving the club, in fact x and y have already been released" when there isn't an ounce of truth in it.

In essence there is no harm in what you posted, nobody was hurt as a result, but there is also no truth in it. Undoubtedly players whose contracts are due to expire either in January or at the end of the season will eventually discover that their contracts are possibly not going to be renewed, but none of the three you mentioned have heard anything yet.

It doesn't really take long to find out if something posted on here as fact is fact or is total guff.

Surely that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever? If they're being released from Hearts because VR is skint/no longer willing to fund us, why would he then pay them to play for Kaunas?

Most likely cos Vlad doesn't own Kaunus, so he wouldn't be paying them. :whistling:

Fermit the Krog

Am I the only who finds it hard to believe Hearts would have a well thought out strategy in place that would see players who are out of contract in the Summer released by settlement early, hard to believe?

We're more likely to stumble from one month to another, with many more twists and turns on the wages issue with possibly only Rudi and Balogh leaving in January and the rest in the Summer.

Arthur Morgan

Most ironic username in JKB history? :D

I think so! :lol:

Jolly if you are going to post stuff like this and it doesn't happen folk will take the piss, in most cases myself included there's no malice intended. Best advice take it on the chin and if/when it comes true bump the thread and gloat like **** :thumbsup:

Yeah I understand. I just need to grow a thicker skin really.

Depends on who the source of your information is I suppose. If some random in the pub or the street tells you x, y or z is happening at HMFC you let it go in one ear and out the other (and as you'll have discovered through this thread, there ain't a lot to be gained from posting it as a statement of fact, i.e. x, y and z are leaving the club, where specific names are used to represent x,y and z).

When I asked about this the person I asked started pissing themselves laughing and knew it was something emanating from JKB. In such situations, if you do want to post it, as a subject for discussion, it is probably better to start of by saying something like "I have heard x, y and z are leaving the club, anyone else heard this and would like to discuss it" rather than phrase a thread as a statement like "x, y and z are leaving the club, in fact x and y have already been released" when there isn't an ounce of truth in it.

In essence there is no harm in what you posted, nobody was hurt as a result, but there is also no truth in it. Undoubtedly players whose contracts are due to expire either in January or at the end of the season will eventually discover that their contracts are possibly not going to be renewed, but none of the three you mentioned have heard anything yet.

It doesn't really take long to find out if something posted on here as fact is fact or is total guff.

Yeah I'll keep that in mind. Although I wasn't told this by some stranger, it was by someone who works at Riccarton but yeah I should think carefully how I word things next time.

Am I the only who finds it hard to believe Hearts would have a well thought out strategy in place that would see players who are out of contract in the Summer released by settlement early, hard to believe?

We're more likely to stumble from one month to another, with many more twists and turns on the wages issue with possibly only Rudi and Balogh leaving in January and the rest in the Summer.

And where are all these players going to go? On their holidays.

[/b]

Did I say it was an exclusive? No I didn't. Another witty comment I see... :down:

Just a bit of light hearted banter :thumbsup:

I can sympathise though, had pelters for my opinions many a time, always pleasing when you're proven right eventually and can be smug as hell all over this place though,

Gregory House M.D.

Ian Blacks agent's been told to find him a new club.

Ian Blacks agent's been told to find him a new club.

Best news I've heard in years!!! Can I suggest he tries Tranent Junior or newtongrange. Somewhere where his level of ability will be on a par with those already there!!!

Archived