Players Released

Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

I was told today that 8 players have been released, I was only told 3 names though, I'll try and find out the other 5 soon.

The 3 players are - Calum Elliot, Gary Glen, David Smith.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mahgrassyshoes

I was told today that 8 players have been released, I was only told 3 names though, I'll try and find out the other 5 soon.

Is that the boy that is on loan at Raith and scored at the weekend?

I was cursing the 4 or 5 threads on the boys going to Raith and now i can't remember :vrface:

Please god be true!

The David Smith thats on loan at Raith....

:interesting:

2 players who are out on loan...one of whom literally just signed a brand new 3 year deal?

Genuinely don't believe a word of this.

It's a start... but at what cost?

Got to wonder how much we've paid up in wages to move players on. :down:

That said if true it is the start of trimming the squad - it's about time and is a postive step. :thumbsup:

what ever happened to that shan strip we were ment to wearing at tanadice the other week? :ninja:

Maybe he meant Gordon Smith?

Unless they've been up to something naughty, I just don't see us releasing Gordon or David Smith. Infact wasn't it David Smith who just signed a new 3 year deal along with Walker and Holt?? Might be wrong there...

I'll believe it when i see a picture of them handing their scarves in.

Gary Glen is the only one I believe.

Somebody mentioned last night Jason Thomson is one.

Malcolm Tucker

The new Robbo. :(

He could have been a Man Utd regular by now.

Puts things into perspective.

Arthur Morgan

The other 2 have definitely been released though, apologies. As for the third strip, I said after that it won't be getting worn as it's not for sale, where do you think I got the photo from? You think I photoshopped it? I have the top.

8 players released, my guess would be;

Balogh, Barr, Suso, Kyle, Glen, Elliot, C.Thomson and ???

+ Jason Thomson

Prince Buaben

8 players released, my guess would be;

Balogh, Barr, Suso, Kyle, Glen, Elliot, C.Thomson and ???

Obua?

jamboinglasgow

+ Jason Thomson

The mad thing is releasing 8 players (if true) is a large number, yet the fact that if those were the 8 released the fact that not one of them has played for the first team this season or only played 1 game, either through injury or put on loan, and yet we are not struggling for numbers each Saturday shows how bloated our squad is.

The other 2 have definitely been released though, apologies. As for the third strip, I said after that it won't be getting worn as it's not for sale, where do you think I got the photo from? You think I photoshopped it? I have the top.

How do you release players who are under contract? Do you mean they've been paid to go?

Obua?

Doubt it - too involved.

I'll wait and see before i have a go at OP.

What's happening with Calum - he got injured 1st game for Dundee but not heard anything since...

8 to release, for me, would include Balogh, Barr, Glen and CThomson

I'd need to know more about Elliot and KK's injuries and what the hell happened to Suso. Those three could go and we wouldn't be effected, but I like them to varying degrees as players.

Jason T, depends who is paying his wage at the mo. If Sleevesy would go for the sake of finding a new club, I'd let him, but it'd be a shame as I really thought he was gona be a star for us.

I'd imagine in the 8 though, that the likes of Johnny Stewart would be in there. Any others over 19 who haven't had a sniff too (Danny T, for example, though he's on loan, we'll be picking up the tab I'd think)

jamboinglasgow

Doubt it - too involved.

I'll wait and see before i have a go at OP.

What's happening with Calum - he got injured 1st game for Dundee but not heard anything since...

8 to release, for me, would include Balogh, Barr, Glen and CThomson

I'd need to know more about Elliot and KK's injuries and what the hell happened to Suso. Those three could go and we wouldn't be effected, but I like them to varying degrees as players.

Jason T, depends who is paying his wage at the mo. If Sleevesy would go for the sake of finding a new club, I'd let him, but it'd be a shame as I really thought he was gona be a star for us.

I'd imagine in the 8 though, that the likes of Johnny Stewart would be in there. Any others over 19 who haven't had a sniff too (Danny T, for example, though he's on loan, we'll be picking up the tab I'd think)

Elliot has come off the bench to play in Dundee's last two games.

Balogh doesn't need to be released now surely, as his contract ends in January anyway?

Was thinking the same myself.

The mad thing is releasing 8 players (if true) is a large number, yet the fact that if those were the 8 released the fact that not one of them has played for the first team this season or only played 1 game, either through injury or put on loan, and yet we are not struggling for numbers each Saturday shows how bloated our squad is.

We could easily lose about 15 players without it having much effect on our team.

It's ridiculous.

in fairness. With the likes of Balogh it could be a mutual termination.

With his contract up in january and delay in wages he might just decide to go and spend christmas with his family. He isnt short of a bob or two and he'll pick up a club back home in hungary easily enough.

in fairness. With the likes of Balogh it could be a mutual termination.

With his contract up in january and delay in wages he might just decide to go and spend christmas with his family. He isnt short of a bob or two and he'll pick up a club back home in hungary easily enough.

I'd agree with that fully.

jamboinglasgow

We could easily lose about 15 players without it having much effect on our team.

It's ridiculous.

Completely agree, I just tried taking the suggested players out of a squad list. It still left us with a squad of 22, and 8 players out on loan. And that does not include the under 19s (either on loan or not.)

Arthur Morgan

To clarify, Elliot & Glen have received their papers and will be released when their contracts are up in January, sorry for the misleading title.

Another 6 have also received their papers telling them they'll be gone in January too.

How do you release players who are under contract? Do you mean they've been paid to go?

By paying them any money they are do for the remaining time on their contracts as I understand it. Unless the player and the club to some kind of arrangement.

If we cant afford to pay the players their wages just now im not sure how we can afford to release players, unless of course the player wishes to walk away for nothing citing us not paying wages as a breach of contract.

Elliot has come off the bench to play in Dundee's last two games.

I'd keep till end of season then. Not even as a last chance to prove himself as, unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed; but we're light up top and he can try to win a contract elsewhere, even coming off the bench for us and giving us some energy. He, Gordon Smith and Sutton (Stevo and 2Ts too I guess) vying for the strikers role till end of season isn't too shabby.

Other areas of squad need trimmed more pertinently imo.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

To clarify, Elliot & Glen have received their papers and will released when their contracts are up January. Another 6 have also received their papers telling them they'll be gone in January too.

Just to clarify,

8 players who will be out of contract come the end of January have been told that they will not be getting a new deal ??

Arthur Morgan

Just to clarify,

8 players who will be out of contract come the end of January have been told that the will not be getting a new deal ??

Yes, this is what I've been told. Elliot and Glen are 2 of them.

Just to clarify,

8 players who will be out of contract come the end of January have been told that the will not be getting a new deal ??

JESUS CHRIST!!!

jamboinglasgow

To clarify, Elliot & Glen have received their papers and will be released when their contracts are up in January, sorry for the misleading title.

Another 6 have also received their papers telling them they'll be gone in January too.

Ah thats a bit different, though surely Elliot and Glen's contract would run until the Summer.

I imagine that Balogh and Rudi will be on that list as well.

Charlie-Brown

I don't think we have 8 players out of contract in January? Only Balogh & Skacel? Perhaps they've already been told they won't be getting any new deal and best to find themselves a new club in January instead of summer when hundreds of players are released and looking for clubs?

Just to clarify,

Only Balogh and Rudi are ooc come January I'm pretty sure.

OP making a bit of a James of it. Not saying his info is wrong, just that he ain't putting it over very well. Anyone other than those two have basically had a settlement as they have atleast 6 months contract remaining.

Some players may be happy enough not to take much or even just sever ties and take the chance to find a new club.

Archived