First team players still not paid

Martin_T

Hopefully the players won't go that far, but I wouldn't blame them if they did.

The fact that we are getting no money from Lithuania now doesn't fill me with confidence, especially with the players needing paid again in over 2 weeks time.

Maybe all the players who have yet to be paid will be paid double in a couple of weeks (and bear in mind I'm just clutching at straws here). But non the less it is a concern.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winston churchill

Interesting that Ewan Cameron's post strongly suggest that VR has the money but wont pay it for tactical reasons presumably.

If true.Then well done vlad.

I'd pay Mr Webster, the Kello and Mcgowan..............the rest of them are gash and they can whistle for it.

Given he is never going to be able to sell the club with its existing debt I don't think it would be very wise of him to increase that level of debt in any way, because in the end he will just have to take a hit on any additional amount as well. Increasing the debt level is going to solve no problems.

I can't see him getting what he wants for Hearts. He'd be just as well cutting costs now if he wants the club to live within it's means.

The first team players will not leave if they are asked as they have it good at Hearts so he is as well forcing them out. It is a good idea if that is what he is up to.

I can't see him getting what he wants for Hearts.

How much does he want?

And how do you know?

portobellojambo1

I can't see him getting what he wants for Hearts. He'd be just as well cutting costs now if he wants the club to live within it's means.

The first team players will not leave if they are asked as they have it good at Hearts so he is as well forcing them out. It is a good idea if that is what he is up to.

I think part of the problem is we don't really know what he wants IM. A lot of the discussion on here has revolved around a figure of 50 million that was mentioned. I think he knows, as well as we do, no one in their right mind would pay anything like that to take over HMFC, irrespective of whether that is ? sterling, Litas or Roubles.

I think he will get what he wants, in business terms, but it will be nowhere near as much as he maybe hopes for. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the club changes hands for a lot less than ?10 million, and Romanov breaks all connections with HMFC, and the stadium. He has nothing to gain by protracting this in any way, because the longer it drags on the more money he or UBiG will have to put in. I think it is a case of take a huge hit now, or take a bigger hit in a few years time (even if he can reduce the wages I don't think short term he will be able to reach an income/expenditure balance, so money will be required to keep things on an even keel if he tries to hold out for a higher figure).

If true.Then well done vlad.

I'd pay Mr Webster, the Kello and Mcgowan..............the rest of them are gash and they can whistle for it.

Mr Webster would be at the bottom of my list. He shat on the club from a great height in 2006, when we should have got a fee of a few million but got 3 Mars bars and a packet of Quavers. He cares not a jot for the club, or it's supporters, and thought of nothing but lining his own pockets when he left, hence, for me, bottom of the wage list now.....

gorgie rd eh11

Correct. The players deserve our full backing this afternoon, whoever they are. Imagine any of us working for no pay and expecting the boss to give our best? I fully respect the players for the manner in which they are dealing with and it must be causing domestic issues....mortgage, xmas etc etc.

It is a disgrace!

The players certainly deserve everybodys full backing, The win last week showed a lot of character under the indefensible circumstances, hopefully they can rise above the grim state the club is in and give their all until this is settled.

i wish jj was my dad

This is when we all need to get right behind the team.

It doesn't matter how much players have in the bank, the club should be honouring their contracts. At the moment they are effectively playing for nothing and we need to remember that when we feel like bollocking them today

Anyone know if delaying payment has an impact on VRs tax liabilities to HMRC?

It would have no impact on when the club is due to pay PAYE/NI to HMRC. VAT is also not impacted. Any possible tax liability which is subject to the HMRC investigation is also not impacted. So no, no impact.

Daydream Believer

Anyone know if delaying payment has an impact on VRs tax liabilities to HMRC?

I was wondering about this because taken in conjuction with the ticket stuff it looks like we're avoiding having any cash in the bank accounts. but 1- I didn't think we owed HMRC any more money and 2- I'm sure they would allow payments to move out of the accounts for wages or ticket money to other teams.

say a player is getting ?4k a week, take away his income tax and other deductions plus his percentage towards his agent, he will be lucky if he is taking home ?2 k home per week

stirlingshirejambo

if true that's more worrying than stubborness on Romanov's part. Seems like they have just used income from home game to make a payment to players.

if true that's more worrying than stubborness on Romanov's part. Seems like they have just used income from home game to make a payment to players.

It's better than nothing I suppose.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think it's actually quite impressive to generate at least ?100k in that timeframe.

Drylaw Hearts

I think it's actually quite impressive to generate at least ?100k in that timeframe.

I thought it was only about a dozen players who hadn't been paid ?

Or was that the last time ?

33 out of 57 were paid. All the youth and reserve players basically.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I thought it was 33 who hadn't been paid. Happy to stand corrected.

I thought it was 33 who hadn't been paid. Happy to stand corrected.

The club announced that 'over half' the squad had received their pay, with a number of 33 suggested in the statement. STV suggested that this was the youth and reserve players only.

We can sit and guess all year what romanov is doing and I doubt we will ever know.

Either there is no cash flow to pay anyone outwith the high earners or romanov is choosing not to pay these people. One thing is for sure is that it won't end pleasantly for the club as they are almost certainly reaching the stage now where they can claim breach of contract and walk away and get a financial settlement from us.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for VR in this as he was the one who allowed the club to live out of our means and develop this level of debt and salary bill.

pettigrewsstylist

One question.....

Why would he give Paulo Sergio a salary that dwarfed JJ's?

a lot of unanswered questions,,,, but im sure VR has strategy and is no knee jerk fool

ps, salary ony dwarfs JJs if its hitting his account mate ( and im hearing it aint)

Hearts have the money to pay the players there is no more than usual cash flow problems.

Shortage of cash is a smokescreen, as stated Hearts have cash.

Vlad for what ever reason is playing a game.

Vlad is a horrible man, why not pay the players when he clearly has the cash to do so?

Because he's fed up of bailing out the club with his own money due to him allowing us to overspend yearly.

The players got ?1000 each and a number of players have returned it or intend to return it to the club as they feel it's an "insult".

The players got ?1000 each and a number of players have returned it or intend to return it to the club as they feel it's an "insult".

Absolutely farcical.

Hopefully they were embarressed by yesterdays first half showing and are doing the right thing.

(sent from phone, so cannot use sarcastic wee smilies!)

Vlad is a horrible man, why not pay the players when he clearly has the cash to do so?

Because he's got a basketball club to pay for.

He really is a horrible wee toley if he genuinely thinks that he can just do whatever the feck he wants all the time. The players have got contracts, contracts that he would have authorised, that he can't just ignore, the spiteful little shit.

kingantti1874

I genuinely dOnt understand the end game here... Clearly he intends to stick to his word... No more money...

I've defended him in the past, I support the move to reduce costs, but this is absolutely shocking patter... For the first time - vlad . Get to ****

I genuinely dOnt understand the end game here... Clearly he intends to stick to his word... No more money...

I've defended him in the past, I support the move to reduce costs, but this is absolutely shocking patter... For the first time - vlad . Get to ****

The more I think about it the more I think the worse we are on the field and the more supporters that turn on him then the worse his actions could be.

If it is the case that the players were paid a fraction of wages due, it suggests to me that is what the club - in Edinburgh - could afford to pay, minus the subsidies which usually arrive from Vlad.

This is what I think Romanov has cut off. The board at the club may be working in spite of him with little contact.

The wage bill is proportianetely high to turnover, especially at this time of year and would always have needed topped up previously.

This whole scenario is abysmal.

Vlad may well be fed up of bankrolling us but he knew that when he took us over and it is HIS decision making which has cost him probably more than it should have done.

The guys served his purpose in our history and I cant wait to see the back of him now.

Hearts or not,the players should take action imo.

There surely can't be anyone left defending Romanov now? Is there any action we the fans can take here? Or are we totally helpless?

kingantti1874

There surely can't be anyone left defending Romanov now? Is there any action we the fans can take here? Or are we totally helpless?

That about sums it up, won't go into admin as vlad will lose out, no serious buyers, so he will just continue to embarrass the club for the foreseeable an then the players will take us to court for non Payment of wages, on the park the viewing won't be great.

Any idea if they will be taking formal action of some sort?

This is going to be a great week, I can just tell.... ermm.gif

The best thing the players can do for the club is leave in January.

Do you honestly think that Hearts can stay in the SPL with an under 19 team?

Drylaw Hearts

All the players ?

And where do you want them to go ?

Johanes de Silentio

You're not really expecting players to walk away from at least six months healthy wages (if they get paid) purely for the good of the club, are you?

They may well ask their agents to try and find them other clubs, but I can't see them just walking away.

Would you do it? I wouldn't.

Johanes de Silentio

Oh, Jesus Christ!

We will not be making any new signings whilst Mr Romanov remains. Who would sign for us for a club who will not honour their contract and will not pay them ?

An absolute disgrace.

The Hearts website should be giving us some (any) information.

As the third biggest (by a long shot) team in Scotland this is now a huge embarrassment.

Charlie-Brown

Do you honestly think that Hearts can stay in the SPL with an under 19 team?

I don't think we will have an U19 team indeed I think Holt, Walker & Smith would probably be the only actual U19's to feature but the team would definitely get younger with the likes of Robinson, Smith & others featuring more as well as other returning from loans to take their place on the bench.

Martin you simply aren't thinking this situation through - if all the players tried to claim breach of contract and get the remaining value of their contract then imo that would be self defeating as they would get nothing but their P45 and made redundant. UBIG are the secured creditors that confers all the power and any residual value from HMFC to them.

And the players should do what's best for the club because?

Charlie-Brown

All the players ?

And where do you want them to go ?

Of course not all the players but there are or will be a significant number of players the club would like to find themselves another club ASAP.

Charlie-Brown

And the players should do what's best for the club because?

Because it's also the best thing for them ultimately as they are unlikely to get paid the full remainder of their contracts.

I don't think we will have an U19 team indeed I think Holt, Walker & Smith would probably be the only actual U19;s to feature but the team would definitely get younger with the likes of Robinson, Smith & others featuring more as well as other returning from loans to take their place on the bench.

Martin you simply aren't thinking this situation through - if all the players tired to claim breach of contract and get the remaining value of their contract then imo that would be self defeating as they would get nothing but their P45 and made redundant. UBIG are the secured creditors that confers all the power and any residual value from HMFC to them.

p45 and made redundant?

There is only one scenario where that is a possibility and i'm pretty sure none of us want that.

I don't think we will have an U19 team indeed I think Holt, Walker & Smith would probably be the only actual U19;s to feature but the team would definitely get younger with the likes of Robinson, Smith & others featuring more as well as other returning from loans to take their place on the bench.

Martin you simply aren't thinking this situation through - if all the players tired to claim breach of contract and get the remaining value of their contract then imo that would be self defeating as they would get nothing but their P45 and made redundant. UBIG are the secured creditors that confers all the power and any residual value from HMFC to them.

Staff salaries rank above all other creditors in the event of liquidation do they not?

Archived