First team players still not paid

Martin_T

Barney Rubble

I wouldn't be surprised if our top earners never get paid again.

Out of all the snash this prospect is the most likely outcome and i hate to admit it but im scared jim,

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never used to have much sympathy for players n their salaries but I've had enough of this now. You want players to look back with fondness playing for hearts and this tarnishes it.

I think vlad is doing this on purpose, no doubt about that.

Neilson's Shank

i know this is off topic but is jim spence a jambo? sure a heard him humming the hearts song on the way to the spurs game :unsure:

Utd Arab Fan

You want this to happen don't you?

I want the players paid the money they are due. If they don't get it then yes, I fully support any action they choose to take.

Romanov out of Hearts.

One fault out from this is I had a first team player in work looking to arrange finance and due to him being late with last months mortgage payment his credit score has dropped dramatically, if this is replicated this month then I fear many players could struggle get mortgages and the like in the future!

One good thing from out of your post is that my son is looking to arrange finance and I thought if he came in your work he might get a free season ticket - - - -

for Easter Road!

Drylaw Hearts

One good thing from out of your post is that my son is looking to arrange finance and I thought if he came in your work he might get a free season ticket - - - -

for Easter Road!

Comedy gold.

Honest.

Wouldn't surprise me if the wee toley wasn't paying them to piss them off so that they feck off if any decent offer comes in for them in January.

Agreed.

In January it could become a game of chess between Romanov and any one of a number of players.

If Darren Barr say gets ?5000 a week here he might not fancy going elsewhere for say ?1500. But he then has to do battle with Vlad every month for his wage. IMO it will be someone like Barr who might eventually call in the union to get wages.

Teuchterjambo

Yet so far the players have not called the union in and the SPL have stated on record they won't intervene. In fact, some players don't want the union intervening for fear of "retribution".

So where's the catalyst?

They have said that they will not intervene as nobody has asked them to but if they are asked to be involved then they will - that will be the catalyst.

I think you'll find that there has been contact with the Union but to date they have agreed not to pursue the matter, if late pay continues to be a problem then whether it is en masse or somebody breaks rank nothing is surer than action will be taken. People cannot be expected to put up with this on a regular basis - would you ?

BTW if some players don't want to involve the Union for fear of retribution then I cannot think of a better reason to involve the Union - not content with failure to pay wages the bampot wants to crank up the bully boy tactics. It is from situations like this that the Union movement started and as much as times may be more enlightened now then that sort of behaviour takes us back 100 years - but that should hardly come as a surprise in the land of the meglomaniac.

They have said that they will not intervene as nobody has asked them to but if they are asked to be involved then they will - that will be the catalyst.

I think you'll find that there has been contact with the Union but to date they have agreed not to pursue the matter, if late pay continues to be a problem then whether it is en masse or somebody breaks rank nothing is surer than action will be taken. People cannot be expected to put up with this on a regular basis - would you ?

BTW if some players don't want to involve the Union for fear of retribution then I cannot think of a better reason to involve the Union - not content with failure to pay wages the bampot wants to crank up the bully boy tactics. It is from situations like this that the Union movement started and as much as times may be more enlightened now then that sort of behaviour takes us back 100 years - but that should hardly come as a surprise in the land of the meglomaniac.

:rofl:

and in one giant leap of supposition, now the players have been held aloft as the post-modern tolpuddle martyrs.

Gregory House M.D.

I want the players paid the money they are due. If they don't get it then yes, I fully support any action they choose to take.

Romanov out of Hearts.

Then you're pathetic IMO. My mate lives in the same houses as 3 first team players and if he can pay a mortgage, feed his bairn and girlfriend on a fraction of their wage then the players should really consider stopping their stupid overspending.

Although they're entitled to their over-inflated wage packets, I couldn't care if we messed them over. They'll still be making far too much within the month.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just to qualify what I said, if the players do take action they have every justification to do so. However, until the players actually do something nothing will happen.

As others have alluded to, a number of our squad have ridiculous deals that they will never earn elsewhere. That, I think, is their real fear.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Then you're pathetic IMO. My mate lives in the same houses as 3 first team players and if he can pay a mortgage, feed his bairn and girlfriend on a fraction of their wage then the players should really consider stopping their stupid overspending.

Although they're entitled to their over-inflated wage packets, I couldn't care if we messed them over. They'll still be making far too much within the month.

What a ridiculous comment! Who are you to say how people spend their money?

Gregory House M.D.

What a ridiculous comment! Who are you to say how people spend their money?

Oh so you agree with them risking the family home knowing Hearts' problems with wages before signing, by massively overspending on drivel.

Priorities Geoff.

Drylaw Hearts

I can see this getting worse before it gets better.

VR is quite clearly trying to piss the players/coaches off enough that they'll demand transfers or released from their contracts.

He's acting like a complete arsehole once again.

Oh so you agree with them risking the family home knowing Hearts' problems with wages before signing, by massively overspending on drivel.

Priorities Geoff.

Regardless of how much the Hearts players have in the bank, and how much of an inflated wage we think they might be on, they should be getting paid on time.

Talking about players should have money to keep them going is complete bollocks. Its not the issue.

VR is quite clearly trying to piss the players/coaches off enough that they'll demand transfers or released from their contracts.

He's acting like a complete arsehole once again.

As long as we can pay the compensation fee to Falkirk for Pressley in January.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Priorities Geoff.

:what:

So I sign a contract for ?4000 per week but because the club might have financial troubles I should really think I'm getting paid ?2000 per week?

:Vlad-Stupid:

jambos16thmay1998

i know this is off topic but is jim spence a jambo? sure a heard him humming the hearts song on the way to the spurs game :unsure:

Gregory House M.D.

Regardless of how much the Hearts players have in the bank, and how much of an inflated wage we think they might be on, they should be getting paid on time.

Talking about players should have money to keep them going is complete bollocks. Its not the issue.

Some Hearts players make more a month than some people are paid a year.

They're entitled to complain but if some are really missing mortgage payments they really should take a look at themselves.

Maybe I was harsh with the **** them over but my point still stands.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They're entitled to complain but if some are really missing mortgage payments they really should take a look at themselves.

What point?

Again, what right do you have to say how people spend their money?

Gregory House M.D.

:what:

So I sign a contract for ?4000 per week but because the club might have financial troubles I should really think I'm getting paid ?2000 per week?

:Vlad-Stupid:

No, you should be well aware that your wages could be late.

Not sure how you missed this.

It does not stand one little bit.

They are due money, they have not been paid.

The end.

Gregory House M.D.

What point?

Again, what right do you have to say how people spend their money?

Ok then, if they're willing to **** their families over by overspending knowing full well Hearts could pay wages late, why should we worry about them?

The Mighty Thor

As long as we can pay the compensation fee to Falkirk for Pressley in January.

:keegan:

Some of the wallopers on here would self-combust if that ever happened.

:jbsmug:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok then, if they're willing to **** their families over by overspending knowing full well Hearts could pay wages late, why should we worry about them?

Sigh.

If I get paid ?4000 per week, then if I spend ?4000 in that week how am I fecking my family over?

Gregory House M.D.

Sigh.

If I get paid ?4000 per week, then if I spend ?4000 in that week how am I fecking my family over?

When you have a mortgage to pay? Yes.

HTH.

would someone please be kind enough to explain what HGW is on about?

not HGW though.

To sum up HGW's position, everyone should have the lifestyle and expenses of someone earning say ?25,000 a year, and save any money outwith that on the off chance your employer might decide not to pay you the money you are contractually due.

Geoff Kilpatrick

When you have a mortgage to pay? Yes.

HTH.

Who said it wasn't on the mortgage?

Indeed, if I pay all ?4000 of my monthly mortgage in my first week's wage and have no other wages that month, have I overspent?

:cornette:

Geoff Kilpatrick

To sum up HGW's position, everyone should have the lifestyle and expenses of someone earning say ?25,000 a year, and save any money outwith that on the off chance your employer might decide not to pay you the money you are contractually due.

I actually think the level of stupidity is beyond that you've outlined.

Teuchterjambo

Just to qualify what I said, if the players do take action they have every justification to do so. However, until the players actually do something nothing will happen.

As others have alluded to, a number of our squad have ridiculous deals that they will never earn elsewhere. That, I think, is their real fear.

Agreed.

There is simply no justification for Romanov not meeting the expenditure levels he set.

Romanov out of Hearts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is simply no justification for Romanov not meeting the expenditure levels he set.

Romanov out of Hearts.

But only Vlad can meet those expenditure levels so how does that square with your second sentence?

<br /><br />

<br />

<br />

for Easter Road!<br />

So to recap.....because I post about how on a day to day basis the current non payment of wages is affecting some players, I am immediately tarnished with the hobo brush! My mistake must be because I have a low posting count, I knew I should have commented aimlessly for years just build up my credentials!!!

Teuchterjambo

:rofl:

and in one giant leap of supposition, now the players have been held aloft as the post-modern tolpuddle martyrs.

You really want to read and try to understand what I said - it is your supposition not mine, all I was saying was that there are connections with the original raison d'etre of the Trade Union movement.

Maybe if you can't understand you make smart ass remarks - Jog on fella.

But only Vlad can meet those expenditure levels so how does that square with your second sentence?

Hence we are stuck in a vicious paradox I suppose. Still, I'll suck it and see.

Romanov out of Hearts.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm saying spend within your means. If you have bills to pay, set the money aside. What if your employer goes bust? Or in our case has a cashflow problem?

Common Sense I'd have thought...

I'm saying spend within your means. If you have bills to pay, set the money aside. What if your employer goes bust? Or in our case has a cashflow problem?

How many mortgage payments do you have saved up for that eventuality then?

Gregory House M.D.

How many mortgage payments do you have saved up for that eventuality then?

I don't pay a mortgage. I save quite a bit though because I work for an agency and am not guaranteed to be in a job every week.

You really want to read and try to understand what I said - it is your supposition not mine, all I was saying was that there are connections with the original raison d'etre of the Trade Union movement.

Maybe if you can't understand you make smart ass remarks - Jog on fella.

here's what you said.

"not content with failure to pay wages the bampot wants to crank up the bully boy tactics"

so it turns out that the supposition really was all yours after all.

if you're going to make statements mate, do try to have the courage of your convictions and stand by them.

here's some further help. the definition of 'supposition'.

supposition.

n.

1. The act of supposing.

2. Something supposed; an assumption.

example - the assumption of yours that romanov is employing "bully boy tactics".

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't pay a mortgage. I save quite a bit though because I work for an agency and am not guaranteed to be in a job every week.

I am stunned that a guy of your IQ is a temp.

Stunned.

The players will be spending within there means though, they have a monthly wage to spend on mortgages, bills and other expenditures such as cars etc, are you seriously saying it's there own fault for not planning on to keep some of the wages they have just in case they are not paid and have to pay another mortgage payment with the same wage in case they are paid late from a professional, yes a professional football club?

Businesses go bust aye, but not many as big as this football club treat there employees like the shit our club do. Players signed contracts with Hearts, ahead of other sides for the money amongst other things they are entitled to receive every month. That is the terms of the contract they sign. I would like to see most responsible folk go 2 or 3 weeks without wages never mind professional footballers, footballers that all they have ever known is to play football and to be paid every month.

I am stunned that a guy of your IQ is a temp.

Stunned.

It's rock solid to get a position of a financial advisor these days, my little brother has just completed a 2 year training stint across the UK with RBS to get his certificates. I suggest such career move for HGW :)

I'm now starting to think you are about 12.

I get paid more than some of the hearts squad.... And I'll still be mortgaged to the max.... If my boss missed my payments i'd be fecked. It's the way of the world that you buy what you can afford and push it pretty far.

Throw in to the equation some players might have multiple houses and you see where I'm going. Players won't have bottomless pits to pay mortgages, school fees etc..... They signed a contract so should be honoured them.

You might not like how much they are paid but that doesn't matter, this is two on the trot. If I were them I'd be very uncomfortable.

Archived