First team players still not paid

Martin_T

As per Jim Spence on Twitter. So as things stand only the 33 youth and reserve players have been paid for November, industrial action must surely be on the horizon....

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The White Cockade

If this carries on every month we will probably be booted from the league

Anybody who thinks its not an extremely serious situation is fooling themselves

Hopefully the players won't go that far, but I wouldn't blame them if they did.

The fact that we are getting no money from Lithuania now doesn't fill me with confidence, especially with the players needing paid again in over 2 weeks time.

That's because the young ones are worth the wage. The first team are all wage thieves. :ninja:

Don't you have to be paid to be a wage thief? Fair play to the boys at the weekend, gave a good account for themselves and getting the win considering they havent seen any return in money for weeks!

Don't you have to be paid to be a wage thief? Fair play to the boys at the weekend, gave a good account for themselves and getting the win considering they havent seen any return in money for weeks!

True, but you get the jist of my dig.

Armadale Jambo

The whole episode is a joke and I think the players are well well well within their rights to strike. They would have the full back-up of the spl, sfa and players union. Perhaps they may even have the support of the fans?

Jambof3tornado

the fact the players wont strike sums it up for me,its not as big an issue as the media make out,and with several home ties coming up they will get their wonga soon enough.

Italian Lambretta

You make a very vaild point there with the lack of support from the fans on the wages issue.

Is it because the fans are scared of the consequences if we come out in support of the players not being paid or is it just a level of apathy that no really gives a shit if the players dont get paid?

The whole episode is a joke and I think the players are well well well within their rights to strike. They would have the full back-up of the spl, sfa and players union. Perhaps they may even have the support of the fans?

I'd imagine the cash from the home games will be used to pay the few left to be paid.

I believe there may be other bills that take priority first (e.g. Ambulance Cover). Hopefully they can conjure enough from that.

As far as December is concerned, lets hope people buy half season tickets...

Italian Lambretta

Apart from the very small number of ICT fans did anyone else actually pay to get into Tynie on saturday?

the fact the players wont strike sums it up for me,its not as big an issue as the media make out,and with several home ties coming up they will get their wonga soon enough.

Armadale Jambo

True mate, but I just don't get it. Why the hell are "most" of the players putting in a shift when they are not getting paid to do so?

Thinking about it logically, perhaps they are putting themselves in the shop window for January.

After the way the club has treated senior members of the squad, they don't owe us anything

I'd imagine the cash from the home games will be used to pay the few left to be paid.

I doubt that'll be enough given how few will have attended other than ST holders and it seems its the higher earner still to be paid so will be a fairly chunky bill.

Chuck in the fact they are due to be paid again in just over 2 weeks and it's a very worrying situation.

If the players did choose to strike, they would have my full support, for what that is worth.

As the signature says:

SACK THE BOARD.

ToadKiller Dog

Clearly some agreement has been made between the club and the players over the late payments due ,if the club renage on this and the players then choose to make a protest then yes they would have my support .

Nucky Thompson

If the players did choose to strike, they would have my full support, for what that is worth.

As the signature says:

SACK THE BOARD.

Who's going to sack them, the owner :lol:

One fault out from this is I had a first team player in work looking to arrange finance and due to him being late with last months mortgage payment his credit score has dropped dramatically, if this is replicated this month then I fear many players could struggle get mortgages and the like in the future!

Nucky Thompson

One fault out from this is I had a first team player in work looking to arrange finance and due to him being late with last months mortgage payment his credit score has dropped dramatically, if this is replicated this month then I fear many players could struggle get mortgages and the like in the future!

:keys:

Geoff Kilpatrick

If this carries on every month we will probably be booted from the league

Anybody who thinks its not an extremely serious situation is fooling themselves

Why would we be booted from the league? The authorities have said they won't intervene.

Teuchterjambo

I'd play for Hearts for nothing :D

You might just get the chance - best get yourself into training. :thumbsup:

Why would we be booted from the league? The authorities have said they won't intervene.

Yes and as unacceptable as this is, dodging ?45 million in debt is probably worse, legally.

Regardless, this does need sorted and fast.

Teuchterjambo

The might just change their mind if this shambles continues - it would be extremely naive to think that there will be no consequences if this continues. The length of time it goes on will determine what the consequences are but sanctions will have to be imposed if this is not resolved, whether it is imposed by the players, the union on their behalf or the authorities stepping in there will be a price to pay.

Nicholas Brody

:goodone:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes and as unacceptable as this is, dodging ?45 million in debt is probably worse, legally.

Regardless, this does need sorted and fast.

Indeed, but it won't be because Vlad is playing silly buggers. Why, I don't know. My suspicion is though that he wants to fish out and see if there are any buyers.

Who's going to sack them, the owner :lol:

Yup it would be a start. Would save the ?50,000 of expenses they inexplicably took out of the club last season as per the accounts.

once more, and for the umpteenth time, you would have to ask yourself whether the problem lies with a genuine lack of cash on planet vlad, or if it's more to do with romanov delaying the transfer of money / being less inclined to ensure there's enough money to pay everything.

if you've somehow convinced yourself that romanov has no money to transfer then, yes that would constitute something of real concern. if you believe it's more of a begrudging tardiness on vlad's part then the 'concern' is significantly less serious.

some people actually have convinced themselves, or have been convinced by someone else, that there really is a cash crisis with romanov. i'm not quite sure what significant evidence exists to base such a conviction on, but sometimes evidence isn't really much of a consideration when it comes to people forming their opinion.

hypothesis?.... who the fark knows?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The might just change their mind if this shambles continues - it would be extremely naive to think that there will be no consequences if this continues. The length of time it goes on will determine what the consequences are but sanctions will have to be imposed if this is not resolved, whether it is imposed by the players, the union on their behalf or the authorities stepping in there will be a price to pay.

Yet so far the players have not called the union in and the SPL have stated on record they won't intervene. In fact, some players don't want the union intervening for fear of "retribution".

So where's the catalyst?

Indeed, but it won't be because Vlad is playing silly buggers. Why, I don't know. My suspicion is though that he wants to fish out and see if there are any buyers.

Or Vlad is simply skint, which is a distinct possibility.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Skint yet lavishing money on his basketball team. Hmmm.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I doubt that'll be enough given how few will have attended other than ST holders and it seems its the higher earner still to be paid so will be a fairly chunky bill.

Chuck in the fact they are due to be paid again in just over 2 weeks and it's a very worrying situation.

Well we've got something like 5 home games this month as well as half season tickets and hopefully christmas sales coming up.

Not worried tbh, the players know the situation and most of the ones still to be paid know they will be off very soon.

Romanov doesn't give a shite about the club, that's the problem. He's leaving us to get on with the debt he is responsible for himself. We pay off debts like tax bills (which should have been paid up front anyway) and can't afford to pay all the players he sanctioned us buying.

Ridiculous situation.

michaeljambo22

i know this is off topic but is jim spence a jambo? sure a heard him humming the hearts song on the way to the spurs game :unsure:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

As the signature says:

SACK THE BOARD.

Why would you want the board sacked? :blink:

The club is for sale and the board has very little influence on anything.

portobellojambo1

As per Jim Spence on Twitter. So as things stand only the 33 youth and reserve players have been paid for November, industrial action must surely be on the horizon....

Not sure the players will go as far as industrial action Martin, which in truth is a tribute to the players (because they have every right to take action, given it has now happened on two consecutive months) and possibly shows they care more for Hearts name than Romanov does.

Does make it more understandable why some clubs are unwilling to trust the club to act on their behalf in the selling of tickets for upcoming matches though, given they have no guarantee when they will actually get paid (although reading some other threads it seems it is actually those other clubs who are to blame for this (aye right)).

And I don't think Vlad is anything even remotely close to skint, it appears he has decided "I cannot be bothered with this toy any more, apparently I still have to pay things though, so I'll send cash now and then if i can be ersed" (all signs of a brilliant, clued up businessman).

Well we've got something like 5 home games this month as well as half season tickets and hopefully christmas sales coming up.

Not worried tbh, the players know the situation and most of the ones still to be paid know they will be off very soon.

It would also be interesting to know just how many season tickets have been paid for yet. I'm sure that there is a significant number of season ticket holders paying on instalments.

ToadKiller Dog

i know this is off topic but is jim spence a jambo? sure a heard him humming the hearts song on the way to the spurs game :unsure:

A died in the wool arab . a decent guy to talk too but doubt he is any more in the know about hearts than most of us .

Malinga the Swinga

They could complain, probably get legal permission to breal contract and try and get another club, but there is the problem. Whatclub will pay them the wages they currently get. Average players on high wages, so do they hang out for wages eventually or risk getting less wages, but at least on time.

Wouldn't surprise me if the wee toley wasn't paying them to piss them off so that they feck off if any decent offer comes in for them in January.

Gregory House M.D.

You want this to happen don't you?

i wish jj was my dad

I have no idea if Vlad is skint. Nor do I know what his plan is but I do know that I don't like it.

Archived