Andy Driver

Footballfirst

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know how well he is doing in training, but this is not the first time he has publicly moaned about not being picked. Yes fully fit he is the best attacking player in the team, but last time I seen him play he was worse than a man down. Temps or Skacel would have to be sacrificed to play him. He should at least be on the bench though, we could have done with him a few times in the last 15mins of games this season. PS must have his reasons though, just like he did with Sutton.

Would love to see him back playing for us, but from the little time he's had, I don't think he's looked the same player he was before his injury.

While he has my sympathy, he's not doing himself any favours with this shit.

Exactly, the worst thing he could do is moan through the media and that's what twitter is.

The last time I saw him play he looked liked he had lost the basic skills and needs games to get sharpness back. And he won't get them now there isn't a reserve league.

Exactly, the worst thing he could do is moan through the media and that's what twitter is.

If I ran a football team, I'd ban all the players from shite like Twitter.

But...that said, it's not really the worst thing that anyone has written on there. He's expressing frustration at not playing. I'm glad he is frustrated. I also hope he gets a chance in the team very soon.

He must be spewing watching Templeton put in hopeless performance week after week and not even a sniff of him being dropped.

Can't blame him for venting.

While he has my sympathy, he's not doing himself any favours with this shit.

What would suggest he does AP ? I don't know the ins and outs of it all and don't know how well he is doing in training(copyright Francis Begbie) but maybe he has exhausted all avenues ?

I don't think the club will have any problem with this sort of tweet. He's just saying he's frustrated at not getting to play and wants a chance - better to hear that than criticism of the manager or anything worse. I was just glad to see there wasn't some sort of hint of anything untoward i.e. being told he's not to be made available for selection or something like that.

Sounds like he thinks he's fit, able and ready so hopefully he'll fight for his place. That can only be a good thing.

kennyblack'sshot

I assume Andy negotiated a pretty good deal for himself at Hearts last time he got a contract, so he can't really complain when that makes it harder for him to be sold or loaned out. And the club has done everything it could to get him fit again after his injuries.

If he knuckles down and does whatever it takes to get a game at Hearts or elsewhere on loan (e.g. agree to write off some of his salary or something) he'll get his career back on track. Where there's a will there's a way and all that.

Nicholas Brody

AndrewDriver11 Andrew Driver

on a brighter note @rmcgowan89 was top boy today. #welldeserved meet him at why not at about 1 in the morning to buy him a drink #topmans

:lol:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What would suggest he does AP ? I don't know the ins and outs of it all and don't know how well he is doing in training(copyright Francis Begbie) but maybe he has exhausted all avenues ?

Behave like a professional.

AndrewDriver11 Andrew Driver

on a brighter note @rmcgowan89 was top boy today. #welldeserved meet him at why not at about 1 in the morning to buy him a drink #topmans

:lol:

I see that Scottish school system served him well.

How do you know he isn't ? Or do you think it is unprofessional for him to comment on him inexplicably not getting in the squad ?

Nicholas Brody

rmcgowan89 Ryan McGowan

@AndrewDriver11 mate dont worry couple of weeks ago i was main man for hearts world having to do commentary every week #putthatinyourhead

:thumbsup:

It's nothing different to what he could be expected to say if he were asked in an interview.

"Andy, are you frustrated not to be a first pick at the moment?"

"Of course I am, some of the lads are doing very well but it is very frustrating sitting in the stands watching them rather than playing. I'll just keep working away in training and hopefully get my chance again soon." Etc etc.

What's wrong with that?

Notorious BIG

Think he will get his game eventually, just needs to knuckle down and stay injury free, personally i cant wait as it will feel like a new signing :thumbsup:

How do you know he isn't ? Or do you think it is unprofessional for him to comment on him inexplicably not getting in the squad ?

It is unprofessional to do it over Twitter, yep.

Steve Cotterill at Nottingham Forrest fines his players ?1000 for every word they tweet relating to the club. Sounds fair enough to me.

It's nothing different to what he could be expected to say if he were asked in an interview.

"Of course I am, some of the lads are doing very well but it is very frustrating sitting in the stands watching them rather than playing. I'll just keep working away in training and hopefully get my chance again soon." Etc etc.

What's wrong with that?

No one has asked him.

I would have no problem with the response above if someone asked him directly. But to post it for all to see without being asked if seems a bit unprofessional to me.

What's wrong with that?

Would you get away with moaning about your employers on twitter if they and thousands of your customers read it?

I'm very much with a lot of top managers in the game who say twitter is off limits for footballers to discuss internal matters.

It is unprofessional to do it over Twitter, yep.

Steve Cotterill at Nottingham Forrest fines his players ?1000 for every word they tweet relating to the club. Sounds fair enough to me.

Nonsense IMO.

There are two avenues still open. 1) Keep his head down and work hard until the manager is suitably impressed. 2) Ask for a transfer with a view to clearing off either in January or the end of the season.

Seriously, this thread shows that some people use absolutely anything to slate our own players.

I would be more worried if Driver was acting like Larry just no giving a shit about playing or not while picking up good money.

Armadale Jambo

Seriously, this thread shows that some people use absolutely anything to slate our own players.

I would be more worried if Driver was acting like Larry just no giving a shit about playing or not while picking up good money.

Exactly mate, at least we all know he is frustrated.....jeez get off the guys back

Would you get away with moaning about your employers on twitter if they and thousands of your customers read it?

I'm very much with a lot of top managers in the game who say twitter is off limits for footballers to discuss internal matters.

Absolutely not. But I recognise that I work in a very different industry and it's just not appropriate for me to do that. There's little emotion involved, required or expected in what I do, football is very different. It's not an impersonal sort of business.

Football clubs are getting their heads around social media and some are using it really effectively, some less so. But it can do wonders to make the supporters feel more part of what's going on and helping to bridge the distance between players on huge wages and the normal punter on the street. Players on Twitter are a good way to do that. Maybe the top managers who are banning players from Twitter are being a little short sighted. If players are given guidance on correct and incorrect use then half the problems managers have with it wouldn't end up being an issue. Make them a bit more social media savvy and they can use it to their benefit.

Straight up bitching and criticism of your boss/employer is a no-no, of course. No matter what job you do.

Fermit the Krog

Alan Partridge has this spot on.

I'd also add however that Andy Driver has been aware of his situation for some time now, perhaps he's just putting it out there for any potential suitors that he isn't injured.............

Walter Bishop

He must be spewing watching Templeton put in hopeless performance week after week and not even a sniff of him being dropped.

Can't blame him for venting.

This. Temps was poor again today even though he did set up the winner.

I'd also add however that Andy Driver has been aware of his situation for some time now, perhaps he's just putting it out there for any potential suitors that he isn't injured.............

If Andy is 100% match fit and can't even get in the squad then it's absolute criminal. Where is the justification?

I'm more concerned about keeping the level of bad press our club gets to the minimum, given our recent history. Driver has given the papers a story today, if they want to run with it, which knowing the red top they will.

He just needs to keep shut and work hard in training. If PS doesn't rate him it's up to Driver to prove him wrong. This sort of shit isn't going to help. What exactly has Driver done this season to merit a place? I like him, and I have sympathy for him, but this isn't the right way to do it.

If I was asked a direct question about any grievances about my work, my boss would still be pissed off if I undermined her and badmouthed my employers. I'd be in ever deeper trouble if I just announced to anyone who was interested that I had an issue with something. Why should Driver be treated differently?

What do you think his situation is?

For me it continues to beggar belief that Driver is at the very least in the squad. It is not so long since he was picked for the England U21s!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Straight up bitching and criticism of your boss/employer is a no-no, of course. No matter what job you do.

Again, why would he post what he did when no-one asked him, unless he's looking for a way out?

Well said Andy -- it is refreshing to see a player disappointed at not playing and feeling the way he does.

The majority of fans know there must be a reason behind his abscence, for if it was down to ability he would be playing every week.

The frustrating thing is not being told what the true reasons are for his non appearance though more and more it seems to boil down to either money or the Vlad treatment for players he feels step out of line -- in my opinion we are losing out for playing well he would command a good fee -- at present ?

Bitching like a child on twitter is hardly acting like an adult is it?

How is it "bitching"? He doesn't like sitting in the stand and want's to play, normal for a professional footballer I would imagine.

It's not as if he said Sergio is a dick for not picking him, all he said was he want's a chance.

This place goes, time after time about players loyalty then bitch and moan if players are not loyal to the club yet when a player is and is injured or out of form can't wait to turn on them. Where's the loyalty to players who have previously produced the goods and have been loyal to the club?

Fermit the Krog

What do you think his situation is?

For me it continues to beggar belief that Driver is at the very least in the squad. It is not so long since he was picked for the England U21s!

We cant afford to pay his appearance/starting fee.

Not that we'd pay it anyway I suppose :laugh:

"feels like another week wasted"

I like andy driver - i have no problem with him "tweeting" what he wants - dont think it will help his case though

the bit I quoted above interests me - maybe I am reading to much into something but - to me it comes across as another week wasted to put myself in the shop window.

If Andy is 100% match fit and can't even get in the squad then it's absolute criminal. Where is the justification?

Whether the justification is that sergio doesnt think he fits the system or that the moon isn't in the right cycle of it's orbit it needs to be kept in house. Moaning on twitter isnt the way to deal with it professionally.

"feels like another week wasted"

I like andy driver - i have no problem with him "tweeting" what he wants - dont think it will help his case though

the bit I quoted above interests me - maybe I am reading to much into something but - to me it comes across as another week wasted to put myself in the shop window.

Training hard all week just to sit in the stands is my take on it.

If Andy was allowed to leave for nothing in January (as I think might be the case) he will go to a bigger team and make more money than Hearts.

What was his take on playing a couple of weeks ago?

How is it "bitching"? He doesn't like sitting in the stand and want's to play, normal for a professional footballer I would imagine.

It's not as if he said Sergio is a dick for not picking him, all he said was he want's a chance.

This place goes, time after time about players loyalty then bitch and moan if players are not loyal to the club yet when a player is and is injured or out of form can't wait to turn on them. Where's the loyalty to players who have previously produced the goods and have been loyal to the club?

Did you forget you said this?

Archived