Andy Driver

Footballfirst

Again, why would he post what he did when no-one asked him, unless he's looking for a way out?

Why does anyone post anything on Twitter? It's just the way he's thinking/feeling about it. It doesn't mean he's looking for a way out. Other players have posted similar things in the past and it hasn't led to a thread about being unprofessional, remarks about wage levels or suggestions that they're working their ticket out of Tynecastle.

I do get the point that it's unfortunate because it might hand the papers another negative story to print about us but to be fair, that's going to happen at the moment anyway. It's not Andy's fault that things are the way they are at the club.

For me, if he wants to be playing when he's being left out then it's a good thing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you forget you said this?

Not really AP, at a normal football club what he said would be fine, there's nothing wrong with his comments but we are not normal.

Not really AP, at a normal football club what he said would be fine, there's nothing wrong with his comments but we are not normal.

Nonsense. I'd bet there are at least a dozen clubs who've placed an outright ban on twitter use by their players.

How is it "bitching"? He doesn't like sitting in the stand and want's to play, normal for a professional footballer I would imagine.

It's not as if he said Sergio is a dick for not picking him, all he said was he want's a chance.

This place goes, time after time about players loyalty then bitch and moan if players are not loyal to the club yet when a player is and is injured or out of form can't wait to turn on them. Where's the loyalty to players who have previously produced the goods and have been loyal to the club?

What good will come from greeting on twitter?

"ijustwantachance" :sob:

Maybe you'd get one if your legs weren't made of glass :sob:

Life is so difficult for Andy Driver :sob:

Stuck in the stand with his bursd and a bulging wallet :sob:

Whining wee bitch.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Why does anyone post anything on Twitter? It's just the way he's thinking/feeling about it. It doesn't mean he's looking for a way out. Other players have posted similar things in the past and it hasn't led to a thread about being unprofessional, remarks about wage levels or suggestions that they're working their ticket out of Tynecastle.

I do get the point that it's unfortunate because it might hand the papers another negative story to print about us but to be fair, that's going to happen at the moment anyway. It's not Andy's fault that things are the way they are at the club.

For me, if he wants to be playing when he's being left out then it's a good thing.

I just think, rather than (as someone said) bitch in public, he should work harder. I think he's a bit of a malingerer, myself.

I just think, rather than (as someone said) bitch in public, he should work harder. I think he's a bit of a malingerer, myself.

This surprises me because while he has had a run of rotten injuries, it's the first time I think I've heard the suggestion that he's not a hard worker.

What makes you say that? Have you heard something or are you just making assumptions based on injury recovery times etc?

used to be a great footballer, if not for the injuries he would still be, i have given up on him know tbh

It's the 'feels like another wasted week' bit that bothers me most.

Wrong attitude to have IMO.

He could of went to Ikea instead. Tragedy.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Absolutely not. But I recognise that I work in a very different industry and it's just not appropriate for me to do that. There's little emotion involved, required or expected in what I do, football is very different. It's not an impersonal sort of business.

Football clubs are getting their heads around social media and some are using it really effectively, some less so. But it can do wonders to make the supporters feel more part of what's going on and helping to bridge the distance between players on huge wages and the normal punter on the street. Players on Twitter are a good way to do that. Maybe the top managers who are banning players from Twitter are being a little short sighted. If players are given guidance on correct and incorrect use then half the problems managers have with it wouldn't end up being an issue. Make them a bit more social media savvy and they can use it to their benefit.

Straight up bitching and criticism of your boss/employer is a no-no, of course. No matter what job you do.

I'm not against players having Twitter, I read Barton's all the time, it's great value.

Just don't bring club matters into it.

Really depends on how you look at it. If he doesn't tweet we have no idea how he feels about not playing. Tweet and you either get a negative response or like me you're glad to hear he's not happy. He's still a young lad and we all know too many players who're happy to take the wages for nothing. Here is a guy who's not getting paid and yet he's still pi$$ed off at not being involved.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

This surprises me because while he has had a run of rotten injuries, it's the first time I think I've heard the suggestion that he's not a hard worker.

What makes you say that? Have you heard something or are you just making assumptions based on injury recovery times etc?

He's played about 100 game in 5 years. It's a poor return.

correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Driver pretty vocal about the unpaid wages a few weeks ago to the media??

if I am right, maybe he has fallen victim to Vlad Flu - and sergio cant pick him!

I'm not against players having Twitter, I read Barton's all the time, it's great value.

There's a hint of rain on your wedding day about that...

Club matters are really what most people follow players for.

Barton excepted maybe, he's a modern day poet, philosopher, social commentator and life guru.... yucky.gif

And he's the worst for that sort of thing anyway. Different when it's not your own club I suppose.

He's played about 100 game in 5 years. It's a poor return.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he's necessarily a malingerer.

For what it's worth, I really don't believe he IS one either.

Nonsense. I'd bet there are at least a dozen clubs who've placed an outright ban on twitter use by their players.

Perhaps, but with our "blah blah mafia, everyone hate's us etc etc" it's worse at our club.

What good will come from greeting on twitter?

"ijustwantachance" :sob:

Maybe you'd get one if your legs weren't made of glass :sob:

Life is so difficult for Andy Driver :sob:

Stuck in the stand with his bursd and a bulging wallet :sob:

Whining wee bitch.

Cheers for proving my point, I'm sure you won't bitch the next time "the media/ref/former players" are "out to get us"

Driver gets some ridiculous stick on here.

I would be disappointed if he was happy at sitting in the stand.

He scored against paks, for me he was the only player at least trying to offer something up front against spurs and then had his best game this season against hibs where he looked like he was finally getting back to fitness and now he is the forgotten man.

I would be frustrated at sitting behind our forwards in the last few weeks. Temps needs a couple of weeks off.

Edit: Those slagging twitter need to move with the times, if you don't you will simply get left behind. Twitter is tremendous.

Nelly Terraces

Bit rich some of the brats on here giving the bloke a hard time for venting his frustration over the internet.

People in glass houses and all that.

Exactly, the worst thing he could do is moan through the media and that's what twitter is.

Deary dear all players are not happy when left out

Deary dear all players are not happy when left out

See my following posts, it's because we have a loony with the media agenda that makes it a stupid thing to do.

portobellojambo1

While he has my sympathy, he's not doing himself any favours with this shit.

Really not sure what he has said out of place, all he has stated are facts, and he shouldn't be punished in any way for that.

I cannot for the love of anything, never mind Jesus, understand why for example Paulo Sergio is persevering with David Templeton at the moment, rather than taking him out of the side, replacing him with Andy Driver and making Templeton fight for his place back. I like David Templeton as a player but for a long time now he has been failing to turn it on, maybe it needs some freshness in the side while Templeton gets his own freshness back.

But, it is all about opinion I suppose.

Cheers for proving my point, I'm sure you won't bitch the next time "the media/ref/former players" are "out to get us"

To be fair you had no point.

Driver has every right to be disappointed. He was bouncing about the place at about 1pm today thinking he was in the squad. When the players went to see the manager and the team was announced he was gutted. The guy desperately wants to play and I'm disappointed for him that he is being left out and for the stick he is taking on here. He doesn't deserve either. I also think he would supply a lot more for Sutton as he has the pace to get to the byline. I would like to see the following players playing in the system that Paulo plays:

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Jonsson

Robinson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

Driver

I think that team equals goals. Doubt we'll ever see it tho.

Driver has every right to be disappointed. He was bouncing about the place at about 1pm today thinking he was in the squad. When the players went to see the manager and the team was announced he was gutted. The guy desperately wants to play and I'm disappointed for him that he is being left out and for the stick he is taking on here. He doesn't deserve either. I also think he would supply a lot more for Sutton as he has the pace to get to the byline. I would like to see the following players playing in the system that Paulo plays:

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Jonsson

Robinson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

Driver

Plenty of goals but we might be on the end of a right good pumping.

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Jonsson

Robinson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

Driver

with three new defenders and McGowan that would work

Yeah, wouldn't have Skacel in midfield. Mrowiec for big games but struggling to think of anyone else bar Holt I'd like to see in there.

with three new defenders and McGowan that would work

I actually meant to put McGowan in instead of Hammill who I think needs a wee spell on the bench.

ToadKiller Dog

Dont see anything wrong with Andy showing his frustration but was always going to create a storm with some of the fish wives of here .

To be fair you had no point.

Your a bitch that turns on players no matter how well they have done in the past and how loyal they have been. Cheers.

Jambo Forever

Is this thread for real?? A bunch of grown ups upset that a footballer is expressing his displeasure at not playing. So bloody what.

Why do people spend all their lives looking for something to moan about. The guy that has chinned AD about his tweets needs to go out tonight or something

portobellojambo1

Why is it that so many people assume that if we go with a more attacking line up we are more liable to lose more goals (get seriously humped) rather than actually scoring more goals and winning games more comfortably, and actually winning games we've been losing through playing defensive midfielders

It is something I've never been able to understand, it is the SPL we play in, we should be attacking every team we play other than the OF possibly, where we often need to approach those games slightly differently. There is nothing to fear about adopting an attacking approach, other than it doesn't fit in with the present manager's interpretation of the continental style (which is as near to continental as Earth is to Mars)

"Taking to twitter" isnt always a bad thing.. Lets us fans know that the guy actually still cares and wants to play..

McGowan, Jonsson, Driver and a few of the other guys at that age all come across as level headed and all of them want to play for the club and for the badge.

One day in the near future i hope to see Driver & Templeton on both the wings.

Massive clearout needed? Goodbye - Obua, Suso, Barr, Glen, C Elliot, Thomson, Thomson, Balogh, Kyle (sorry to say), Mrowiec

Cappuccino Kid

Really not sure what he has said out of place, all he has stated are facts, and he shouldn't be punished in any way for that.

I cannot for the love of anything, never mind Jesus, understand why for example Paulo Sergio is persevering with David Templeton at the moment, rather than taking him out of the side, replacing him with Andy Driver and making Templeton fight for his place back. I like David Templeton as a player but for a long time now he has been failing to turn it on, maybe it needs some freshness in the side while Templeton gets his own freshness back.

But, it is all about opinion I suppose.

PJ1 i agree with many of your posts and agree once more temps needs rested but having seen Driver in his short appearances this season I'd prefer giving Novi a run in the side. Andy looks like he's dragging a caravan of hobbo's behind him when he's played so far.

Oh to see the Driver that destoyed the wee team not so long ago on his return from injury.

Basher, does the team and squad not prepare for the Saturday with the players we are going to use?

Yes but only the first XI know for sure. The 7 subs are selected from the rest of the players.

Johanes de Silentio

Yes but only the first XI know for sure. The 7 subs are selected from the rest of the players.

Do you know if Driver's been doing well in training, Basher?

He has been, he's a very good player. This pishy under 21 rule is whats keeping him off the bench as Novikovas is there because of that rule.

Johanes de Silentio

He has been, he's a very good player. This pishy under 21 rule is whats keeping him off the bench as Novikovas is there because of that rule.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

PJ1 i agree with many of your posts and agree once more temps needs rested but having seen Driver in his short appearances this season I'd prefer giving Novi a run in the side. Andy looks like he's dragging a caravan of hobbo's behind him when he's played so far.

Oh to see the Driver that destoyed the wee team not so long ago on his return from injury.

Not sure if you were at New St Mirren Park for the recent league match but Driver came on relatively late, and looked much more like his old self (didn't appear so top heavy either, something that was noticeable when he first returned as a result of the amount of time he was spending in the gym while injured).

With regards to Novikovas, in the few times he has been in the side it becomes easier to understand how when he went on loan to St Johnstone he struggled to get into their side, he is a player I'm just not convinced by at the moment. I think he is more of an impact player, who might sparkle for 10-15 minutes late in a game once it has been won, but that's just opinion.

Problem Officer?

A mate of mine was saying to me earlier that he's not playing because there's a clause in his contract that will force Hearts to bump his wage up the next time he plays a game for us - which we're not really in a position to do if true.

Apparently after we turned down that Burnley offer a couple of years back we gave him a pay rise to stay, and one of the additional clauses was after X amount of games, you will get another rise in pay.

Make of that what you will.

A mate of mine was saying to me earlier that he's not playing because there's a clause in his contract that will force Hearts to bump his wage up the next time he plays a game for us - which we're not really in a position to do if true.

Apparently after we turned down that Burnley offer a couple of years back we gave him a pay rise to stay, and one of the additional clauses was after X amount of games, you will get another rise in pay.

Any idea where the seemingly-random appearance against St Mirren fitted into this scenario?

Was he due a pay rise after 5 appearances? He can't have had much more than that since that offer from Burnley..

I have no problem with what he tweeted, although I have seen nothing from him recently that makes me think he should be in the side. As I have said previously, I think he has lost a yard and is perhaps carrying some extra timber.

Archived