Obua

Beats

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fermit the Krog

I wonder if his gestures towards the Hearts fan will be in the match observers report........

Don't particularly have an issue with players giving a bit back if they are getting a bit stick from the fans but there was young kids in section A who could see what he was 'simulating'.

Not on.

As for his performance, 6/10.

We won't miss him.

As I've always said, the man has ability. If you get the ball to his feet, he will find a maroon jersey. As shown against St Mirren and Rangers, he's got a decent strike on him too.

Always plays with a smile on his face.

:greggy:

Poor in the first half, and virtually gave up near the end of the half and started playing, sorry standing, at right back. Much better in the second half when he was pushed further forward. Fair play to the management team for making a change at half time that had a positive effect. Not a starter for me however, I think Taouil might be more effective in 'the hole' as he keeps the play going at a faster pace. Obua always seems to want to slow the game down all the time.

I wonder if his gestures towards the Hearts fan will be in the match observers report........

Don't particularly have an issue with players giving a bit back if they are getting a bit stick from the fans but there was young kids in section A who could see what he was 'simulating'.

Not on.

As for his performance, 6/10.

We won't miss him.

see if you chose to see his composure, intelligence and incisive passing, it'd be a higher mark.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You'd have to be a really bitter ^^^^ to refuse to admit Obua had a decent game. He's technically very good. Probably the best in the squad infact.

Fermit the Krog

see if you chose to see his composure, intelligence and incisive passing, it'd be a higher mark.

:smile:

Not on show today i'm afraid.

Seen him better, seen him a lot worse.

6/10.

We won't miss him.

Decent game. He has ability, good passer and rarely wastes a ball but he isn't really suited to the SPL, he'd stand out in a slower paced league.. Won't lose any sleep when he leaves.

Fermit the Krog

You'd have to be a really bitter ^^^^ to refuse to admit Obua had a decent game. He's technically very good. Probably the best in the squad infact.

An average performance from an average player.

Played well. I'd like to see him go in to tackles a bit harder though. He seems to prefer to dangle a leg in tentatively rather than commit fully. Shame his volley didn't go in.

Thought Obua was pretty anonymous. 5/10.

He certainly was in the 2nd half.

First he was decent.

Obua is pretty crap so an average performance gets overrated on here.

If you're one of these dicks that spends the entire game berating your own players then you deserve anything you get back.

He was good today, usually opens something up when he has the ball and seems far more confident than he used to be. He had a couple of diagonal balls that didn't quite come off but nearly set us up for some good attacks.

If you're one of these dicks that spends the entire game berating your own players then you deserve anything you get back.

He was good today, usually opens something up when he has the ball and seems far more confident than he used to be. He had a couple of diagonal balls that didn't quite come off but nearly set us up for some good attacks.

The wind didn't help his, or anyone else's, long passing.

Gets far too much criticism. Been great the last few games IMO

Obua is one of these polarizing players where a lot of people think he's utterly shite and can do no right, while others think he's brilliant and can do no wrong.

Like the vast majority of our players, he actually fits in somewhere in between.

Everybody loves Baz

Apologies.

For not being at the game ? Obua in the first half looked like the only one bar Gowzer & Eggert that gave a feck.

You clearly have an agenda against Obua or are you waiting to start another 7 threads about the rest of the Shite that played today ?

Fermit the Krog

For not being at the game ? Obua in the first half looked like the only one bar Gowzer & Eggert that gave a feck.

You clearly have an agenda against Obua or are you waiting to start another 7 threads about the rest of the Shite that played today ?

I'm not waiting to start any threads but if someone starts one and I feel the need to comment, I'll post on it as i see fit. Thats how it works, right?

If that deems me as having an agenda in your eyes, so be it.

I gave him a 6/10.

As that is obviously crazy talk and given by someone (who was at the game btw) and clearly has an agenda, what would you rate his performance today as?

I thought he was okay today, bit positionally indisciplined but decent on the ball.

His lack of character was shown when he pulled out of a couple of 50:50s though.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner.

What is all this agenda bollocks ? Just because you don't rate a player it is now seen as an agenda rolleyes.gif

In fairly poor company Obua was pretty average.

Everybody loves Baz

What is all this agenda bollocks ? Just because you don't rate a player it is now seen as an agenda rolleyes.gif

In fairly poor company Obua was pretty average.

So where's the rest of the threads on the other 7 players who where totally shite ?

The Zal one is there, Kello, Eggert & Gowzer don't need one.

Kickback's never slow in slaughtering players normally.

I would agree that Gowzer, Eggert and Obua did well and gave a feck today but I'd also add Rudi and Kello to that.

As for Zal and especially Hamill? Awful.

As soon as we have an alternative left back, get Gowzer to right back and Hamill to feck.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Every shite player can put in a performance once in a while, especially against the worst side in the league.

Obua is pony.

Jambof3tornado

Thought Obua was pretty anonymous. 5/10.

Really??

Opinions differ but to me Temps and jamie were worse today by miles!!!

He did alright in a playing sense..... But again let himself down with his interactions with the home support.

Regardless of whether the criticism aimed at him was warranted or not, standing there making hand job / blow job / w**ker signs at the home support is not on.

It's not the first time this has happened either.

Utter cretin of a man, but in a footballing sense, did ok today.

He's one of these players I can imagine having this hot and cold sort of impact for the duration of his time at Hearts but doing pretty well when he moves on elsewhere. I quite like Obua (when he plays well) and I find myself rooting for him mostly because of the crap that gets thrown his way on here, but I'm still not completely convinced that he's suited to the sort of game played here. He does fine though, and sometimes better than fine.

I think he'd do even better if he felt a bit more appreciated by the fans. I know talk of 'confidence players' get some peoples backs up but I think he's exactly the sort that would thrive on being a little more popular with the supporters. In saying that, a couple of good games in a row and maybe even a goal or two and that can change in a jiffy....

Problem Officer?

Easily one of our best players today.

We create much more chances with Obua in the team.

:cornette:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

what gesture was made ? afraid i missed that.

He had a very good game, as Beats said he rarely wasted a ball. If he was a bit sharper in a shooting position he would have grabbed a couple though.

The gesture should have been a lot more extreme as it was aimed a guy who's big square-heid looked like it was about to explode as he unleashed a ridiculous volley of abuse in his direction for feck-all. I SO wanted Obua to score from that tight angle at the end just to ram it right up the silly fecker. :rolleyes:

Fermit the Krog

The gesture should have been a lot more extreme

The guy's an arse but Obua was out of order, there were kids there today who seen it all mate. It's one thing them hearing swearing etc from someone in the stand and quite another seeing a reaction like that from a professional football player.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The guy's an arse but Obua was out of order, there were kids there today who seen it all mate. It's one thing them hearing swearing etc from someone in the stand and quite another seeing a reaction like that from a professional football player.

Whilst I agree about the kids thing, what consideration was Buster Bloodvessel giving to them with his foul-mouthed rant? The guy was acting like a complete moron and then when the wee old guy behind Buster asked him to keep it down he turned around and pointed in his face and aimed another volley at him instead. I would have been more comfortable with kids seeing the hand gesture than hearing the crap from that guy's cake-hole. :ermm:

Fermit the Krog

Whilst I agree about the kids thing, what consideration was Buster Bloodvessel giving to them with his foul-mouthed rant? The guy was acting like a complete moron and then when the wee old guy behind Buster asked him to keep it down he turned around and pointed in his face and aimed another volley at him instead. I would have been more comfortable with kids seeing the hand gesture than hearing the crap from that guy's cake-hole. :ermm:

Like I said, the guys an arse, I guess I just don't like seeing that sort of reaction from a player.

So if obua did make the gesture as some are saying so what,sounds like the person was being a dick.Why can't these ******* fannys stay away if all they are going to do is shout abuse at our players.No wonder there is no atmosphere anymore .

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I like Obua but I didn't think he was that great today. He started the game not too badly but he faded out of it and was pretty quiet for most of the first half. Got involved a bit more in the second half but he slows a lot of our moves down which is annoying, put in a decent shift though.

One of our better players today.

To those who say he won't be missed, I hope they are ready for the standard the youngsters will achieve next year if experienced players like David are emptied :mellow:

Cappuccino Kid

Thought McGowan was the only player better than Dave today. The abuse dished out from some half wits is cringe worthy.

Archived