Team to play Caley on Sat?

BrellierBoy

jamboinglasgow

Comparing Barca to Hearts again.

:facepalm:

So I mention Barcelona as an example of a team that uses a striker/forward who plays deeper behind the front line, I use them because they are a more famous team that people would know just to give an example, and you decide to have a go. Calm Down AP. You dont like people making Barca out as some wondrous thing yet you make it sound like its sacreligous to mention Hearts and Barcelona in the same paragraph. As I say I was just using those two teams a well known examples.

Ok a more local example would be Rangers who used Naismith in this position and he was very effective, a reason they are suffering since his injury is that they dont have anyone to fit that role.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see what anyone has about against Mroweic, i lik him as a player personally. And what is the obsession with Scott Robinson? He's had quite a few appearances at Hearts and i've yet to be impressed.

P.S. I hope that Sutton starts up top.

Mrowiec is too similar to players already in that midfield, that's the problem. When he was here the first time he was released because he wasn't deemed good enough and surplus to requirements, he then played for some unkown team from the back of beyond abroad and a low league team at that and was released by them, obviously not good enough for that team either. He gives his all for the team but is extremely defensive and has very limited ability. A midfield with Jonsson as the lynchpin (Salvatori-type), a passing midfielder (Steve Fulton-like) and an attacking midfielder linking with forwards (Cameron/Hartley-type) would create far more in the team than a midfield made up of Black/Mrowiec/Jonsson, no wonder we can't score. Paulo's time is surely up soon?

Scott Robinson is constantly mentioned on here because he's attack-minded and links up with forwards and wide players, exactly what the team needs and sitting on his erse beside the likes of Sutton, Driver and so on ain't gonna improve him as a player.

Don't see what anyone has about against Mroweic, i lik him as a player personally. And what is the obsession with Scott Robinson? He's had quite a few appearances at Hearts and i've yet to be impressed.

Ehmm, Mroweic is a horrendous football player whereas Scott Robinson is not. :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So I mention Barcelona as an example of a team that uses a striker/forward who plays deeper behind the front line, I use them because they are a more famous team that people would know just to give an example, and you decide to have a go. Calm Down AP. You dont like people making Barca out as some wondrous thing yet you make it sound like its sacreligous to mention Hearts and Barcelona in the same paragraph. As I say I was just using those two teams a well known examples.

Ok a more local example would be Rangers who used Naismith in this position and he was very effective, a reason they are suffering since his injury is that they dont have anyone to fit that role.

I'm perfectly calm JiG. It's just that 90% of posts you make have some sort of link to Barcelona.

You have a go at some suggesting we should play with 2 up top and then use Messi, Rooney and Naismith, 3 of the best in their respective leagues, as examples of why we should play with 1 upfront and 1 dropping into midfield.

You forget to mention we have got no one anywhere near capable of playing this role and it's one of the reasons we've scored about 13 goals this season.

Johanes de Silentio

But it comes at a cost, having four in midfield can mean that if ICT play five then you lose the control of midfield, which means that its harder to provide service to the strikers to give them the chances, hence why often it ends up being a lump it up to the striker as a team tries to bypass midfield where they will lose it there.

Yup - I'd rather have more creative, attacking types in midfield, though, rather than cloggers like Black and Mrowiec - fine to have one guy sitting, which would be Eggert, imo.

Black could play the holding role, if he could be trusted to concentrate on just playing the game, as his passing is better than Eggert's, but Black doesn't have it to make play, imo.

I have nothing against Mrowiec, btw, but I think we don't need him and Eggert.

Johanes de Silentio

It's all about opinions, innit - I think Robinson is a cracking wee players who adds energy to our game.

I like Mrowiec, but he's a defensive midfielder, and a grafter - I prefer Eggert in that role, though.

I hope Sutton Starts up front too, btw! :thumbsup:

Thig Ar Latha

I think Paul Hartley and Colin Cameron would be the best comparisons to use without offending some people.

Comparing Barca to Hearts again.

:facepalm:

Never mind Barca, I'd be happy if we could play 4-5-1 as effectively as Motherwell have for the past two years. :lol:

Nothing against Mrowciec personally. It's just about balance of the team. Johnson and Black, with Mrowciec in there too is too defensive minded IMO.

jamboinglasgow

I'm perfectly calm JiG. It's just that 90% of posts you make have some sort of link to Barcelona.

You have a go at some suggesting we should play with 2 up top and then use Messi, Rooney and Naismith, 3 of the best in their respective leagues, as examples of why we should play with 1 upfront and 1 dropping into midfield.

You forget to mention we have got no one anywhere near capable of playing this role and it's one of the reasons we've scored about 13 goals this season.

Ok in the future I try not to mention Barcelona in my posts, I dont mean to use them so often and I agree it is probably boring to keep mentioning them.

I know we wont but we should be playing 2 up front at home to the bottom team in the league.

Name the two strikers we should play.

Why should we? You do know that two strikers doesn't instantly mean more goals. 4-2-3-1 can be just as attacking if not more attacking then 4-4-2.

It hasn't been this season! Dull, boring games and lowest scorers in the league. I agree 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 has worked for us this season, v Celtic for instance but at home v the leagues bottom team, we should be more adventurous.

1. Underachiever

2. Underachiever

3. Underachiever

4. Underachiever

5. Underachiever

6. Underachiever

7. Underachiever

8. Underachiever

9. Underachiever

10. Underachiever

11. Underachiever

Manager : clueless Portugese dud

Name the two strikers we should play.

Anyone. I just reckon we should be playing with 2 up front tomorrow. I'd go with Sutton & Elliott but we have Smith and Glen who can also play there.

Johanes de Silentio

1. Underachiever

2. Underachiever

3. Underachiever

4. Underachiever

5. Underachiever

6. Underachiever

7. Underachiever

8. Underachiever

9. Underachiever

10. Underachiever

11. Underachiever

Manager : clueless Portugese dud

Ah, Winston - that's your best ever! :thumbsup:

:lol:

Ehmm, Mroweic is a horrendous football player whereas Scott Robinson is not. :thumbsup:

Mroweic is a very capable defensive midfielder, what has Scott Robinson done to show he deserves a game?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Mrowiec is too similar to players already in that midfield, that's the problem. When he was here the first time he was released because he wasn't deemed good enough and surplus to requirements, he then played for some unkown team from the back of beyond abroad and a low league team at that and was released by them, obviously not good enough for that team either. He gives his all for the team but is extremely defensive and has very limited ability. A midfield with Jonsson as the lynchpin (Salvatori-type), a passing midfielder (Steve Fulton-like) and an attacking midfielder linking with forwards (Cameron/Hartley-type) would create far more in the team than a midfield made up of Black/Mrowiec/Jonsson, no wonder we can't score. Paulo's time is surely up soon?

Scott Robinson is constantly mentioned on here because he's attack-minded and links up with forwards and wide players, exactly what the team needs and sitting on his erse beside the likes of Sutton, Driver and so on ain't gonna improve him as a player.

Why would it be? He's been here 3 months ffs.

I agree with what you're saying about the midfield and that would give us a better balance but just because Sergio doesn't play 4-4-2/more attacking midfielders doesn't mean he should be sacked. You could argue that the way we play requires at least one defensive midfielder in the side because the full backs push right up the pitch and we look to get the wingers on the ball when possible and we need cover for when the full backs are further up the pitch.

Going by what Gary Locke has said in the papers today, I expect Sutton to lead the line tomorrow in a team similar to last weeks'.

Mroweic is a very capable defensive midfielder, what has Scott Robinson done to show he deserves a game?

What has Scott Robinson done to show he doesn't deserve a game? Looks pretty capable and at least moves himself and the ball about trying to create things and tries getting into goal-scoring positions. We don't need two defensive midfielders in the same team,Jonsson is the best choice for the defensive midfield role, i'd drop Black permanantly and just use Mrowiec as back-up. Perhaps use Robinson or Taouil in midfield in front of Jonsson?

rudi must stay

That's me bottom left. About to pull the brunette :greggy:

About to? It's already happening. You can feel the love in that photograph

Johanes de Silentio

What has Scott Robinson done to show he doesn't deserve a game? Looks pretty capable and at least moves himself and the ball about trying to create things and tries getting into goal-scoring positions. We don't need two defensive midfielders in the same team,Jonsson is the best choice for the defensive midfield role, i'd drop Black permanantly and just use Mrowiec as back-up. Perhaps use Robinson or Taouil in midfield in front of Jonsson?

Correctamundo! :thumbsup:

I've come to the conclusion, though, that Touill is more useful in a wide position, as I think he gets lost in central positions.

Why would it be? He's been here 3 months ffs.

I agree with what you're saying about the midfield and that would give us a better balance but just because Sergio doesn't play 4-4-2/more attacking midfielders doesn't mean he should be sacked. You could argue that the way we play requires at least one defensive midfielder in the side because the full backs push right up the pitch and we look to get the wingers on the ball when possible and we need cover for when the full backs are further up the pitch.

Going by what Gary Locke has said in the papers today, I expect Sutton to lead the line tomorrow in a team similar to last weeks'.

Sergio's inability to change what is essentially a very poor, defensive line-up? If he doesn't change his style soon then bottom 6 is where we'll end up, no Europe etc.. mind you after the last few attepts in Europe maybe that's a blessing.

The point is there is a big squad to choose from and he pretty much picks the same non-goalscoring line-up every week.It's no wonder some players are hacked off, i would be too if i was watching the likes of Zaliukas, Mrowiec, Black and the like not producing and making mistakes week-in, week-out.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Sergio's inability to change what is essentially a very poor, defensive line-up? If he doesn't change his style soon then bottom 6 is where we'll end up, no Europe etc.. mind you after the last few attepts in Europe maybe that's a blessing.

The point is there is a big squad to choose from and he pretty much picks the same non-goalscoring line-up every week.It's no wonder some players are hacked off, i would be too if i was watching the likes of Zaliukas, Mrowiec, Black and the like not producing and making mistakes week-in, week-out.

We've been the better side in our last four games and also created more chances than the opposition in each of them, not very defensive is it? We're just not having any luck in front of goal. I've said it before on here, playing defensive minded midfielders in the middle of the pitch doesn't always lead to a defensive setup. It allows to try and dominate in midfield by harrassing the opposition and playing the ball out wide to use the pace we have in those areas. It's the gameplan we have and it seems the players are getting used to it now. I assume you weren't in Dundee last week then? Sergio changed the setup and went 2 up top, showing some sort of ability to mix things up.

Good to see the old 'Zaliukas makes one mistake a game' line being rolled out again :vrface:.

We've been the better side in our last four games and also created more chances than the opposition in each of them, not very defensive is it? We're just not having any luck in front of goal. I've said it before on here, playing defensive minded midfielders in the middle of the pitch doesn't always lead to a defensive setup. It allows to try and dominate in midfield by harrassing the opposition and playing the ball out wide to use the pace we have in those areas. It's the gameplan we have and it seems the players are getting used to it now. I assume you weren't in Dundee last week then? Sergio changed the setup and went 2 up top, showing some sort of ability to mix things up.

Good to see the old 'Zaliukas makes one mistake a game' line being rolled out again :vrface:.

Hasn't stopped us losing no matter how well we played. Was going to head to Dundee last week but at a surprise 40th on the Friday night, wasn't in any state to go to anywhere on Saturday never mind a football game!

Yes, i know he played two up last week but there's still not enough movement in the midfield, it's pass-to-your-nearest-teammate-then-back-to-the-goalie stuff too often. They can play two up if they want but if no-one's making attacking moves then neither forward will score. Skacel might be great for a goal or two and is a handy player to have around, just don't expect him to get stuck in and in about them.

Maybe the reason we've not been scoring is exactly the point with the defensive line-ups?

I think if Sergio wins a few games with this imbalanced squad and the horrendous goings on he will deserve decent praise. I was disappointed in the result last week but the performance was pretty good as it was against Rangers. Black sending off against Killie too. Apart from wages the players could also do with some luck soon. As regards Robinson I won't be bothered one way another if he starts tomorrow as it isn't the key at all. First goal will be key!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Hasn't stopped us losing no matter how well we played. Was going to head to Dundee last week but at a surprise 40th on the Friday night, wasn't in any state to go to anywhere on Saturday never mind a football game!

Yes, i know he played two up last week but there's still not enough movement in the midfield, it's pass-to-your-nearest-teammate-then-back-to-the-goalie stuff too often. They can play two up if they want but if no-one's making attacking moves then neither forward will score. Skacel might be great for a goal or two and is a handy player to have around, just don't expect him to get stuck in and in about them.

Maybe the reason we've not been scoring is exactly the point with the defensive line-ups?

Would actually agree with most of that. The players don't move enough in advanced areas, leaving the player on the ball without an option and having to pass it back and we start again. Not sure Sergio can be blamed for that but he should be trying to work on this if he isn't already, although the players should be wise enough to know when to make a move away from a defender.

Can't say I have too much of a problem with the lineup each week, each game has certain requirements and the players deserved a run in the side after the Celtic result. Sergio actually picked a pretty attacking line up last week I thought, there were times we were sitting with a 4-2-4 and pressing high up the pitch. Would be happy to see the same side tomorrow, although I'll have confidence in whatever team goes out to win the game.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Who is our pen taker....

Got a feeling our first goal may be one..

Jamie Hamill.

Robinson has got drive, energy ,pace ,skill and can control and pass the ball.

Unfortunately Mrowiec has none of the above qualities and should be nowhere near the first team squad. :down:

The team tomorrow will be :

Kello

Hammil

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Stevenson

Taouill/Robinson

Johnnson

Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Kello

Hammil

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Stevenson

Taouill/Robinson

Johnnson

Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

Definitely?

:interesting: if so.

Definitely?

:interesting: if so.

Definetly, Maybe :rolleyes:

Taouill or Robinson that is the question. <_<

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

In that midfield I'd play Robinson, balances it a bit more. Also has the ability to change to a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 with the personnel. Would be pretty pleased if that was the side.

Fermit the Krog

Kello

Hammil

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Stevenson

Taouill/Robinson

Johnnson

Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

Shaped as

----------Jonsson-------------

------Stevo-------Robinson----

Temps--------------------Rudi-

-----------Sutton-------------

I hope

In that midfield I'd play Robinson, balances it a bit more. Also has the ability to change to a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 with the personnel. Would be pretty pleased if that was the side.

Yep would go with Robinson as well. :thumbsup:

Shaped as

----------Jonsson-------------

------Stevo-------Robinson----

Temps--------------------Rudi-

-----------Sutton-------------

I hope

So do i but think Temps will be on the left again and Rudi on right. <_<

Kello

Hammil

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Stevenson

Taouill/Robinson

Johnnson

Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

Would be pretty pleased if that was the team. Would go for Robinson instead of Taouill.

Can't wait to hear the furore about 1 or 2 people upping and leaving after hearing the team sheets...oh wait....no-one will notice.

It was a joke. :)

And if anyone thinks Mrowiec deserves a place in this Hearts team, they clearly know sod all about football.

An absolutely shocking player.

It was a joke. :)

And if anyone thinks Mrowiec deserves a place in this Hearts team, they clearly know sod all about football.

An absolutely shocking player.

Evedently no-one sees what I see! In a certain system hes the player to have!

Evedently no-one sees what I see! In a certain system hes the player to have!

I would say he's useful against the OF and perhaps hibs but not at home to bottom of the league caley.

Some people cannot see how to blend a team. He reminds me of Neil Berry who was an important player in the team that came so close.

Gotta be robinson,taouills got some nice skill but goes missing too much,esp when things arent goin for him,robinsons a better allrounder.

Got to go for it @ home. 4-4-2

KELLO

HAMILL WEBSTER ZAL MCGOWAN

TEMPLETON EGGY STEVENSON RUDI

ELLIOTT SUTTON

Attack Attack Attack!

Archived