Team to play Caley on Sat?

BrellierBoy

Like to see us go for it more on Sat with a more attacking line up to make more clear cut chances. Would like to see this team;

Kello

McGowan Webster Zaliukas McHattie

Driver Jonnson Robinson Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Templeton

Stevenson

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Skacel

Sutton

Probably won't be that, but that would be a good team defensively and offensively

Johanes de Silentio

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Templeton

Stevenson

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Skacel

Sutton

Probably this, but with Robinson in place of Mrowiec.

I used to quite like Elliott in the attacking wide-right position, but that was a JJ tactic, unlikely to be used by Paulo Sergio.

Problem Officer?

Anyone who thinks the team will be anything too different from:-

Kello

Hamill, Zaliukas, Webster, McGowan

Jonsson, Mrowiec

Templeton, Stevenson, Skacel

Sutton

Needs to wake up. THE OP putting a handful of U19s and other younger players or players who have barely played (McHattie, Driver, Robinson, Novikovas) into the starting line up is just dreaming. :vrface:

When Black is back he will start instead of Sutton as well and Stevenson will go up top, most likely.

We should see off Inverness comfortably this weekend I reckon. Maybe even 2-0 or 3-0.

Neilson's Shank

I know some posters do not like it when potential team line ups are disclosed, but I was at Riccarton today and there was no sign of MacKay, Bowman or Robertson so it is likely that they will not play on Saturday

Anyone who thinks the team will be anything too different from:-

Kello

Hamill, Zaliukas, Webster, McGowan

Jonsson, Mrowiec

Templeton, Stevenson, Skacel

Sutton

Needs to wake up. THE OP putting a handful of U19s and other younger players or players who have barely played (McHattie, Driver, Robinson, Novikovas) into the starting line up is just dreaming. :vrface:

When Black is back he will start instead of Sutton as well and Stevenson will go up top, most likely.

We should see off Inverness comfortably this weekend I reckon. Maybe even 2-0 or 3-0.

Correct team with the exception of Taouill instead of the clueless excuse of a footballer, Mrowiec. :thumbsup:

Like to see us go for it more on Sat with a more attacking line up to make more clear cut chances. Would like to see this team;

Kello

McGowan Webster Zaliukas McHattie

Driver Jonnson Robinson Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

Sergio is in love with Mrowiec so he is certain to start if fit and I have as much chance of starting a game as Robinson does. If Black's suspension is up then no doubt he will start yet again so we will have three defensive midfielders starting.

If he plays Mrowiec at home to bottom of the table Inverness, at Tynie, I'm walking out and going home.

100% serious.

Bye.

jamboinglasgow

Mrowiec has been struggling this week and may be left out.

I think he can be a useful player (though not a first team starter except against the old firm) but I think if that is the case kickback will be like

Festival_Crowd1.jpg

rudi must stay

I think he can be a useful player (though not a first team starter except against the old firm) but I think if that is the case kickback will be like

Festival_Crowd1.jpg

As if the people on kickback look like that :lol:

As if the people on kickback look like that :lol:

That's me bottom left. About to pull the brunette :greggy:

Not sure quite what we will do without our attacking midfielder. Will be a tough job for someone to fill his boots.

Don't like seeing any of our players injured, but it's an oppotuntity for someone to come in and claim a starting position, plus we do need a bit more creativity in that area.

I know some posters do not like it when potential team line ups are disclosed, but I was at Riccarton today and there was no sign of MacKay, Bowman or Robertson so it is likely that they will not play on Saturday

Benton!

Oh, Jesus Christ......

:yas:

In that case:

-------------Kello------------

Hamill Zaliukas Webster McGowan

----------------Jonsson------------

Skacel------Tauoil------Templeton

-------Stevenson---Sutton------

I got my knuckles rapped for posting the team last week so I will refrain. Some may be pleasantly surprised, however most on here will still probably moan.

:seething:

I got my knuckles rapped for posting the team last week so I will refrain. Some may be pleasantly surprised, however most on here will still probably moan.

Ok :thumbsup:

Will it differ much from last weekends team? Simple "aye" or "naw" :sweat:

Problem Officer?

PM me it pretty please. :thumbsup:

:yas:

In that case:

-------------Kello------------

Hamill Zaliukas Webster McGowan

----------------Jonsson------------

Skacel------Tauoil------Templeton

-------Stevenson---Sutton------

BINGO! Thats the team I want. Robinson to get a good 20/30min too

I think he struggles most week's but he still gets picked by Sergio :whistling:

I take it you are suggesting that he is either ill or has an injury which may prevent him from playing?

mahgrassyshoes

That's me bottom left. About to pull the brunette :greggy:

Nice shades :smuggy:

Same team as Dundee Utd with the exception of Robinson in for Mrowiec, for me.

When we have been talking about youngster coming into the 1st team why has no one metioned fraser mullen this guy is the best of the bunch

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Zaliukas

Gowser

Taouil

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

If he plays Mrowiec at home to bottom of the table Inverness, at Tynie, I'm walking out and going home.

100% serious.

you can find out the team about a hour before kick-off. save you walking in, in the first place, if he's playing.

Mrowiec out and Obua in?

you can find out the team about a hour before kick-off. save you walking in, in the first place, if he's playing.

You sir, obviously don't know how to go about being a drama queen.

I thought against United we played really quite well, just couldn't find the final ball or the finishing touch. Its nothing surprising given our lack of goals recently, seems like a few players are maybe a lacking a little bit of confidence in front of goal. For me I dont see the need to make big changes so keeping it similar to last weeks team would suit me, which SHOULD be good enough to see of Caley.

Im not often confident about getting results when it comes to Hearts, but I feel like we're due a performance and will win 2-0 or possibly 3-0.

I think he struggles most week's but he still gets picked by Sergio :whistling:

I take it you are suggesting that he is either ill or has an injury which may prevent him from playing?

He has been ill but is the sort of character to shrug it off and play. In my opinion he should miss out anyway as the more forward role he is being asked to play is not for him. Good at breaking up play but toils to pass wind at times.

Johanes de Silentio

He has been ill but is the sort of character to shrug it off and play.

This is why Paulo Sergio likes Mrowiec.

Choosing to play him in an advanced midfield role is just mental, though! :blink:

100% serious.

With you on that one. I have a ST but won't be bothering going cause we've been so bloody boring all season it's a waste of time.

Exactly. I want to make a scene.

Can't wait to hear the furore about 1 or 2 people upping and leaving after hearing the team sheets...oh wait....no-one will notice.

jamboinglasgow

I know we wont but we should be playing 2 up front at home to the bottom team in the league.

Why should we? You do know that two strikers doesn't instantly mean more goals. 4-2-3-1 can be just as attacking if not more attacking then 4-4-2.

Johanes de Silentio

Why should we? You do know that two strikers doesn't instantly mean more goals. 4-2-3-1 can be just as attacking if not more attacking then 4-4-2.

Of course, that's true, but theoretically playing with more strikers means that we are more likely to finish chances, which has been a problem lately.

Cause we're the lowest scoring team in the SPL. The league table doesn't lie.

jamboinglasgow

Of course, that's true, but theoretically playing with more strikers means that we are more likely to finish chances, which has been a problem lately.

But it comes at a cost, having four in midfield can mean that if ICT play five then you lose the control of midfield, which means that its harder to provide service to the strikers to give them the chances, hence why often it ends up being a lump it up to the striker as a team tries to bypass midfield where they will lose it there. You could still have 2 strikers in 4-2-3-1, it requires the second striker to play deeper and track back to help out the midfield thus providing the ability to win the midfield battle, and in turn brings more oppourtunity to get the ball to the front where they can finish. An example of this is Wayne Rooney who plays deeper then the forward line and works hard in midfield, or Lionel Messi does the same for Barcelona as he is a false no.9.

But it comes at a cost, having four in midfield can mean that if ICT play five then you lose the control of midfield, which means that its harder to provide service to the strikers to give them the chances, hence why often it ends up being a lump it up to the striker as a team tries to bypass midfield where they will lose it there. You could still have 2 strikers in 4-2-3-1, it requires the second striker to play deeper and track back to help out the midfield thus providing the ability to win the midfield battle, and in turn brings more oppourtunity to get the ball to the front where they can finish. An example of this is Wayne Rooney who plays deeper then the forward line and works hard in midfield, or Lionel Messi does the same for Barcelona as he is a false no.9.

Never did us any harm in the past when we played 4-3-3 years ago, scored plenty goals against better teams then. Or the 90's JJ teams that played 3 centre-halfs 5 across the middle and 2 upfront. Sergio's teams are predictable and dull, if i was an opposition manager i'd know how to snuff Hearts out within 10 minutes. The last 4 manager's have in recent weeks without too many problems, i expect more of the same tomorrow, also, it'll be this way until Sergio eventually gets the chop.

Using Rooney and Messi as examples is a bit much, they have quality all around them so they could play as defensive midfielders and they'd still rattle in a few goals.

Don't see what anyone has about against Mroweic, i lik him as a player personally. And what is the obsession with Scott Robinson? He's had quite a few appearances at Hearts and i've yet to be impressed.

P.S. I hope that Sutton starts up top.

Festival_Crowd1.jpg

it should be horses for courses and the manager has to get the balance of the team correct and i would think we don't need a defencive midfield player like Mrowiec.

Archived