The scunnered

All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would just like to gauge the mood of our lapsed support, those who have become disallusioned by the chaotic way the club is now run. For every regular attender I know I also speak to perhaps 3 or 4 who have become scunnered and although they still love the club they cannot bring themselves to pass through the turnstiles once again. Are you one of these or have you spoken to anyone who is now ready to rally round in our hour of need. Maybe that is too much to hope for and I don't know how much the shortfall in income is week in week out but by filling the stadium maybe the attractiveness of a takeover is greater. Here's hoping anyway.

I would just like to gauge the mood of our lapsed support, those who have become disallusioned by the chaotic way the club is now run. For every regular attender I know I also speak to perhaps 3 or 4 who have become scunnered and although they still love the club they cannot bring themselves to pass through the turnstiles once again. Are you one of these or have you spoken to anyone who is now ready to rally round in our hour of need. Maybe that is too much to hope for and I don't know how much the shortfall in income is week in week out but by filling the stadium maybe the attractiveness of a takeover is greater. Here's hoping anyway.

I will continue to use my season ticket and along with my son watch the dross that is on offer at this moment in time and support Hearts regardless of whats happening.

I don't buy into the idea that thousands of fans, who can't be bothered supporting the team at the moment, will come out of the woodwork when Romanov has gone.

Keyskeyskeyskeyskeys

Do you really think disillusioned Hearts fans outnumber proper Hearts fans 4 to 1?

Were we getting 40,000 before Romanov? Have attendances decreased or increased since Romanov arrived?

A man who claims to be a fan but cannot bear to walk through the turnstiles at Tynecaslte and watch his team play is no Hearts fan.

They will find another excuse for not attending once Romanov leaves.

Most Jambos I know have never trusted Romanov and as it turns out they were right as he is a prize arsehole. Burley leaving was a deflating moment and after that to see the club run like a circus since that clown took us over has just left most people losing interest. I know people who go along to support the players and history of the club, but support Romanov......never.

The worst thing for me has been the amount of wage thieves that have contributed next to nothing. Ironically the thing that may pull real Jambos back may be the current financial hardship as it will mean more opportunities for young, local hungry Scots. Hearts fans love nothing more than seeing one of their own on the park

Hackney Hearts

For every regular attender I know I also speak to perhaps 3 or 4 who have become scunnered and although they still love the club they cannot bring themselves to pass through the turnstiles once again.

This must mean we have recently had regular crowds of between 40,000 and 52,000.

Either that, or you're not typical.

Keyskeyskeyskeyskeys

Do you really think disillusioned Hearts fans outnumber proper Hearts fans 4 to 1?

Were we getting 40,000 before Romanov? Have attendances decreased or increased since Romanov arrived?

A man who claims to be a fan but cannot bear to walk through the turnstiles at Tynecaslte and watch his team play is no Hearts fan.

Exactly - I know a pair of clowns that stopped going when Robinson was in charge, returned for a bit under Romanov, and haven't been back since 2007.

jamboinglasgow

Exactly - I know a pair of clowns that stopped going when Robinson was in charge, returned for a bit under Romanov, and haven't been back since 2007.

Was going to say the same, people said they would stay away with Robinson and would come back with a new owner, they have the same now. The sad truth is that we need success to attract people back as shown by the first two years as quite a few fans are glory hunters (see those who turn up in vast numbers at cup finals but are never seen again.)

I assume that these are people who have stopped going over a very long period of time rather than simply in the last five years or so. Or maybe you just speak to an above-average number of former regular attenders who don't go any more.

I know people who hardly ever go now, but they're mostly supporters who would maybe have attended a handful of games each season. I only know one long-term season ticket holder who has given up in disgust.

Not that I blame people for staying away. I've not been happy with things at the club for a long time now, but I decided to stick it out. Part of my motivation in continuing to go along is not knowing how much longer the old dear's going to be there, at least in the form we all love.

3 or 4 fans per regular attender who have thrown the toys out the pram because one of our many owners is an arsehole?

You're mixing in the wrong company.

For what it's worth all my mates have season tickets and wouldn't dream of turning their back on the club.

williamgerrard

I would never give up watching my team no matter what im a jambo till i die.The big question is if we do get taken over will they have funds to keep our best players? also i personnaly think the whole of scottish football fans need to unite for change to our game before it gets even worse.I would like the idea of making the league cup for under 23s ,make every team play with 7 scottish players in the starting 11,Bring back the reserve league ,split the cash evenly,increase league to 16 or 18,Force every club to spend atleast half a million a season on youth set up

southside1874

Keyskeyskeyskeyskeys

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Keyskeyskeyskeyskeys

I'm not saying up to 30k are missing but these are people who once shared season tickets or went along when time and income allowed. They are out there believe me. Just go into any boozer when live tv comes to Tynecastle.

southside1874

I'm not saying up to 30k are missing but these are people who once shared season tickets or went along when time and income allowed. They are out there believe me. Just go into any boozer when live tv comes to Tynecastle.

So this recent large decrease in attendance is obvious???

All roads lead to Gorgie

So this recent large decrease in attendance is obvious???

Yes a drop from around 14.5k home support to just over 12k in three seasons.

Yeh there are people. Like 2 people. And they're both lob ons.

Average attendance last season and this is around 14,100.

09/10 - 14,500

08/09 - 14,300

07/08 - 14,200

06/07 - 17,000

05/06 - 17,000

Romanov arrived in Feb 2005 aye?

04/05 - 12,200 (below Hibs and Aberdeen :facepalm:)

03/04 - 11,900

02/03 - 12,000

01/02 - 12,000

So despite Romanov and his chaotic regime attendances have increased.

So what are you talking about? No one has disappeared since Romanov arrived, as it stands a few thousand extra have turned up.

Francis Albert

09/10 - 14,500

08/09 - 14,300

07/08 - 14,200

06/07 - 17,000

05/06 - 17,000

03/04 - 11,900

02/03 - 12,000

01/02 - 12,000

So what are you talking about? No one has disappeared since Romanov arrived, as it stands a few thousand extra have turned up.

Don't confuse the hard of thinking with facts.

All roads lead to Gorgie

09/10 - 14,500

08/09 - 14,300

07/08 - 14,200

06/07 - 17,000

05/06 - 17,000

03/04 - 11,900

02/03 - 12,000

01/02 - 12,000

If the average is up it must be to do with selling the whole of the Roseburn to the o.f without the segregated area then. From my seat in the Wheatfield there are certainly more empty seats to be seen around the home sections.

southside1874

09/10 - 14,500

08/09 - 14,300

07/08 - 14,200

06/07 - 17,000

05/06 - 17,000

03/04 - 11,900

02/03 - 12,000

01/02 - 12,000

Aye, but three out of the four guys I speak to don't go so according to my survey........................teehee.gif

laugh.gif

If the average is up it must be to do with selling the whole of the Roseburn to the o.f without the segregated area then. From my seat in the Wheatfield there are certainly more empty seats to be seen around the home sections.

Haven't we sold the whole end to the OF for years apart from a short spell when we were selling out every game?

southside1874

I think you might be lost mate. Have you been attending Easter Road recentlywhistling.gif

Haven't we sold the whole end to the OF for years apart from a short spell when we were selling out every game?

Now why go and spoil the thread by bringing facts into it, same goes for you too Borat :angry:

Give it up!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think you might be lost mate. Have you been attending Easter Road recentlywhistling.gif

Only to see the mighty JTs take the wee team apart :rolleyes:

southside1874

Only to see the mighty JTs take the wee team apart :rolleyes:

Speak to some Hibbies and you'll know what diminishing attendances are about and guess what................they're going to give BB his swan song as being a manager in his own right. omething he has never managed to achieve but at the ripe old age of whatever he is, Petrie thinks he might be readylaugh.gif

:rofl: Desperate.

In 2003/04 the Old Firm had the whole of the Roseburn and the average attendance was 11,900

Last season the Old Firm had the whole of the Roseburn and the average attendance was over 14,000

Not that Hearts have ever used 2,000+ seats for segregation anyway :vrface:

Not that 4 home fixtures out of 19ish fixtures is enough to strongly influence the average attendance anyway :vrface:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Speak to some Hibbies and you'll know what diminishing attendances are about and guess what................they're going to give BB his swan song as being a manager in his own right. omething he has never managed to achieve but at the ripe old age of whatever he is, Petrie thinks he might be readylaugh.gif

And BB thinks he is joining a equally big club :rolleyes: must be an age related thing :ermm:

All roads lead to Gorgie

:rofl: Desperate.

In 2003/04 the Old Firm had the whole of the Roseburn and the average attendance was 11,900

Last season the Old Firm had the whole of the Roseburn and the average attendance was over 14,000

Not that Hearts have ever used 2,000+ seats for segregation anyway :vrface:

Not that 4 home fixtures out of 19ish fixtures is enough to strongly influence the average attendance anyway :vrface:

This has gone way off topic. Ask a question if people will rally round and this where we end up :rolleyes: At least I have given Borat a chance to roll out stats. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

This has gone way off topic. Ask a question if people will rally round and this where we end up :rolleyes: At least I have given Borat a chance to roll out stats. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I was highlighting the fact that you were talking shite and I succeeded.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was highlighting the fact that you were talking shite and I succeeded.

So the empty seats are just an illusion then. Must book an appointment at specsavers on Monday :mellow:

So the empty seats are just an illusion then. Must book an appointment at specsavers on Monday :mellow:

Facts are facts. I've enjoyed ruining your shitey fred :jjyay:

Barney Rubble

And BB thinks he is joining a equally big club :rolleyes: must be an age related thing :ermm:

Heard him on the telly last night and he said "he was at a club bigger than anything he has had before" arf! plus Kenny Shiels killie manager comes out with the old sleeping giant line , once again arf!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Facts are facts. I've enjoyed ruining your shitey fred :jjyay:

Glad to be of service :thumbsup: At least if kept you up to nearly 1am :whistling:

southside1874

Glad to be of service :thumbsup: At least if kept you up to nearly 1am :whistling:

That clearly goes back to the whole point that Borat would have stayed up regardless and that your mates would have stayed away from Tynie regardless. You see how things happen regardless of certain circumstances.thumbsup.gif

All roads lead to Gorgie

That clearly goes back to the whole point that Borat would have stayed up regardless and that your mates would have stayed away from Tynie regardless. You see how things happen regardless of certain circumstances.thumbsup.gif

And so the world stays in equilibrium. And on that bombshell :D

Tin hat on here but I was a season ticket for many years and before that went to as many games as I could manage.

I wouldn't class myself as a glory hunter, although if we were to get to a cup final or even a semi final I would walk over broken glass to try to secure a brief. (ok maybe I am a glory hunter) whistling.gif

I started watching HMFC in the dark days of the late 70's, 20 years watching the famous without seeing them win anything (Tennants 6's apart), I went to most games from the age of 13 with my mates, started taking a disabled family member to home and away matches late 80's and then when my son was born in 1990 I started taking him as well when he was about 3 years old.

Unfortunately my disabled family member died in 2005 and my son, who still loves Hearts found drinking with his mates and chasing skirt was a more enjoyable pastime than going to football with me and started drifting away about 4 years ago. I didn't get the same enjoyment going by myself and now find myself watching games in the pub or searching for streams of the games.

Sorry if that means I'm not a "real" fan or as mentioned above, a "glory hunter" but there you are.

Also, as someone posted above, I'm not alone because when I watch the games in the pub there are lots of people who for whatever reason are doing the same thing.

Hearts have potentially got a huge support and the club needs to do more to tap into this which I think is the OP's point. Not sure what they could do to entice me back though to be honest. The circus that is happening just now has nothing to do with me not going but if the worst case scenario was imminent (maybe it is) then I'd like to think that I would "rally round" and make an effort to help save the club.

Tin hat on here but I was a season ticket for many years and before that went to as many games as I could manage.

I wouldn't class myself as a glory hunter, although if we were to get to a cup final or even a semi final I would walk over broken glass to try to secure a brief. (ok maybe I am a glory hunter) whistling.gif

I started watching HMFC in the dark days of the late 70's, 20 years watching the famous without seeing them win anything (Tennants 6's apart), I went to most games from the age of 13 with my mates, started taking a disabled family member to home and away matches late 80's and then when my son was born in 1990 I started taking him as well when he was about 3 years old.

Unfortunately my disabled family member died in 2005 and my son, who still loves Hearts found drinking with his mates and chasing skirt was a more enjoyable pastime than going to football with me and started drifting away about 4 years ago. I didn't get the same enjoyment going by myself and now find myself watching games in the pub or searching for streams of the games.

Sorry if that means I'm not a "real" fan or as mentioned above, a "glory hunter" but there you are.

Also, as someone posted above, I'm not alone because when I watch the games in the pub there are lots of people who for whatever reason are doing the same thing.

Hearts have potentially got a huge support and the club needs to do more to tap into this which I think is the OP's point. Not sure what they could do to entice me back though to be honest. The circus that is happening just now has nothing to do with me not going but if the worst case scenario was imminent (maybe it is) then I'd like to think that I would "rally round" and make an effort to help save the club.

That doesn't make you one of the scunnered that are referred to in the OP though, does it. I think you should go out and meet other folk. Go out and meet Hearts fans and get that gang mentality of going to football going again.

Go out and meet Hearts fans and get that gang mentality of going to football going again.

And that's why alot of folk no longer go as it's no longer like that where as you could go to the game at five to three if you fancied the match at last minute,on your own even and meet up with all your mates at a certain bit of the ground.

kingantti1874

I don't buy into the idea that thousands of fans, who can't be bothered supporting the team at the moment, will come out of the woodwork when Romanov has gone.

Correct, for 99% it the way we play and the quality we have at our disposal, it's not value for money ... If we put an equivalent team to 05/06 on the park the place would be rammed... It's got nothing to do with anything behind the scenes

Correct, for 99% it the way we play and the quality we have at our disposal, it's not value for money ... If we put an equivalent team to 05/06 on the park the place would be rammed... It's got nothing to do with anything behind the scenes

Play well and get all the glory hunters back through the turnstyles again,i know we need the doe but I can do without folk like that,Hearts are my team...pish or great...END OF!

Real Hearts fans are those that turned up week in, week out during the relegation and first division days.

It's not even about that,it's not turning your back on your club when the shit hits the fan or your playing pish...you don't need to go week in,week out just stay loyal!.....We Are The HEARTS.

So we want a 25k stadium but no part timers? Sorry, we should just build an 11k stadium for our season ticket holders plud 1k away fans?

Every club needs part timers .......its just a question of getting them in on a more regular basis.

We are arrogant snobs on here sometimes!

Gregory House M.D.

Real Hearts fans are those that turned up week in, week out during the relegation and first division days.

I wasn't alive :sob:

I hope you'll forgive me for this 18 year scam and I'll return my season ticket immediately.

Apologies again,

Kiddy On Graham Weir. x

Archived