The scunnered

All roads lead to Gorgie

Tin hat on here but I was a season ticket for many years and before that went to as many games as I could manage.

I wouldn't class myself as a glory hunter, although if we were to get to a cup final or even a semi final I would walk over broken glass to try to secure a brief. (ok maybe I am a glory hunter) whistling.gif

I started watching HMFC in the dark days of the late 70's, 20 years watching the famous without seeing them win anything (Tennants 6's apart), I went to most games from the age of 13 with my mates, started taking a disabled family member to home and away matches late 80's and then when my son was born in 1990 I started taking him as well when he was about 3 years old.

Unfortunately my disabled family member died in 2005 and my son, who still loves Hearts found drinking with his mates and chasing skirt was a more enjoyable pastime than going to football with me and started drifting away about 4 years ago. I didn't get the same enjoyment going by myself and now find myself watching games in the pub or searching for streams of the games.

Sorry if that means I'm not a "real" fan or as mentioned above, a "glory hunter" but there you are.

Also, as someone posted above, I'm not alone because when I watch the games in the pub there are lots of people who for whatever reason are doing the same thing.

Hearts have potentially got a huge support and the club needs to do more to tap into this which I think is the OP's point. Not sure what they could do to entice me back though to be honest. The circus that is happening just now has nothing to do with me not going but if the worst case scenario was imminent (maybe it is) then I'd like to think that I would "rally round" and make an effort to help save the club.

Go with some mates then.

So we want a 25k stadium but no part timers? Sorry, we should just build an 11k stadium for our season ticket holders plud 1k away fans?

Every club needs part timers .......its just a question of getting them in on a more regular basis.

We are arrogant snobs on here sometimes!

Not bothered about that,the issue was people not going back because of Vlad and the state of the club.

And that's why alot of folk no longer go as it's no longer like that where as you could go to the game at five to three if you fancied the match at last minute,on your own even and meet up with all your mates at a certain bit of the ground.

this is a huge reason many people have stopped going to football, i can remember in the 80s many of my mates would decide at quarter to three they fancied going to the match, that has been removed, and id say i now attened 50% of Hearts games on my own, i still know a lot of people who go regularly but most of my crowd lost interest, its too expensive and in those days it wasnt just about the football it was the bevy afterwards and nights out up the town, we must give the fans the option of cash only turnstiles, this is essential to get the casual fan back, the way things are going we need all the fans we can get.Look at Hibs its rumoured there season ticket holders have dropped by 50% and they have only 3500 compared to almost 8000 in Mowbrays tenure, never ever assume that cant happen to us.

I can guarentee, if for whatever reason we drop to Hibs or Aberdeen standards or even worse, our crowds will drop alarmingly, although many wont admit it,our fans desert the club in hard times, i can recall crowds of 1500 in 1981 after we had been relegated for a 3rd time, and regular crowds of 4000- 5000 i the first division

Real Hearts fans are those that turned up week in, week out during the relegation and first division days.

:rofl:

Decent trolling there.

The Old Tolbooth

Keyskeyskeyskeyskeys

Do you really think disillusioned Hearts fans outnumber proper Hearts fans 4 to 1?

Were we getting 40,000 before Romanov? Have attendances decreased or increased since Romanov arrived?

A man who claims to be a fan but cannot bear to walk through the turnstiles at Tynecaslte and watch his team play is no Hearts fan.

They will find another excuse for not attending once Romanov leaves.

Beautifully put sir! :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Play well and get all the glory hunters back through the turnstyles again,i know we need the doe but I can do without folk like that,Hearts are my team...pish or great...END OF!

You can do without it, the club can't - you have to accept there are many levels of fans, with different levels of priorities - heres a question - if we had Barcelona's team and success over the last 10 years and Barcelona had our team over te last 10 years... You think we'd average 12k and they'd average 80k... Every club on te planet has fans you could categorise differently.. It's not about real fans and not real fans.

You can't expect 40k turning up paying a lot of money to watch the shite the diehards do - its just silly

You can do without it, the club can't - you have to accept there are many levels of fans, with different levels of priorities - heres a question - if we had Barcelona's team and success over the last 10 years and Barcelona had our team over te last 10 years... You think we'd average 12k and they'd average 80k... Every club on te planet has fans you could categorise differently.. It's not about real fans and not real fans.

You can't expect 40k turning up paying a lot of money to watch the shite the diehards do - its just silly

I did say I know we need the doe in my post.

jambo_til_i_die

Real Hearts fans are those that turned up week in, week out during the relegation and first division days.

Condsidering we have, reportedly, the 14th or 15th most supported club in Britain, it would suggest that its the minority of the clubs support that actually go to the games.

With the 24/7 world we live in a combination of shift work, family commitments and live tv it no surprise that people cant get to the games yet numpties on here slate those who don't go. It's not that people don't want to (apart from those who are genuinely fed up with it all) - it's simply that they can't.

Said a while back that I would not be going back under the current regime after the shameful way Pinilla was treated by the club.

RoussetsShorts

I had a season book for 14 years.

I don't go that often anymore as I just don't find matches v st midden, st johnstone, dundee utd entertaining at all. I'm sick to the back teeth of watching the same pishy teams. We need a bigger league and less of the same old.

I'm also bored by the 'race for 3rd place' - like thats meant to be exciting or something.

Bigger league please and people might come back instead of saying 'oh, killie at home again for the 50th time in 3 years'.

I may also add I think the game here is as bent as the Italian leagues. It's not a level playing field and I'm pig sick of the pish the old firm get away with.

Interesting, I followed the club in the first div and relegation days, but have been scunnered the way Roamnov has run the club in the last few years.

What does that make me :o

Watch the replies guys, wouldn't like any suspensions :D

Said a while back that I would not be going back under the current regime after the shameful way Pinilla was treated by the club.

:rofl:

I wouldn't say I'm formally divorced from the club but I'm certainly in the midst of a long-term separation. They've been a big part - often the biggest part - of my life since the mid-1960's...season-tickets, home and away games, 500 club,First Division fun and games, supporters club treasurer, shareholder etc etc yada yada ... Three and a half-years ago I walked away from it. And why ? Simply because what was on offer was tedious, boring and sterile. It was difficult at first but like most separations I'm at a stage where things now seem to be "amicable". If they win I'm pleased. If they lose, I shrug my shoulders. Undoubtedly its VR who precipitated my decision but I don't blame him for it. The club is in the same state of gradual inexorable and inevitable decline its always been in, I've probably had all the highest-highs and lowest-lows that Hearts can throw at me. I've easily found other things to obsess about and Hearts are very much in the background of my thoughts much of my time. Even in these troubled days. Flame away, but I suspect I'm not the only fan who's switched from obsession to casual luke-warm interest - and sadly isn't regretting it.

I've been going to games since the 70s and to be honest apart from some huge crowds at the business end of the season during the first division promotion years, and 85/6 sell outs have been pretty few and far between.

Don't forget that Fireworks Phil was largely responsible for building on the feelgood factor and selling the ground out before we had a team to put on the pitch at the start of 2005/6. So if the OP is talking about a decline since then, then yes, there has been, but that season was the high water mark.

And if the 70s relegation years are anything to go by, Hearts crowds hold up when we are rubbish - but not indefinitely.

kingantti1874

Interesting, I followed the club in the first div and relegation days, but have been scunnered the way Roamnov has run the club in the last few years.

What does that make me :o

Misguided - who cares that romanov is an arse... It's why happens on the park that counts

Danny, my old boy is the same way (almost) he's still a Hearts fan follows the results and watches on tv but he just doesn't enjoy attending the games anymore

He had 1998 & 2006, he's seen Hearts lift a proper trophy twice now so he's happy, however he also thinks Mr Romanov is superb :thumbsup:

I am currently in my second season without a ST, it's hard but work commitments at the moment state I have to do a fair bit most weekends so whatever free time I have is spent with the mrs or the occasional trip with the D&D Hearts when I can so I've probably attended the same number of away games than home games in the past year (and shamefully not a lot in total) but I hope that will change over the next 6 months, I think it's a personal choice for folk but to agree with most folk on the thread, the ones that come out with " I'm not going back until 'x,y & z' " probably didn't attend too much in the first place and won't in the future either

I decided a long time a ago that I'm not really a football fan just a Hearts fan. If there were no Hearts I'd give up football.

I will continue to support Hearts the same as I have in recent years got a ST and go to all home games and 5 or 6 aways a season. If I could afford more I'd go every week regardless of who our owner is or how we are run.

I'd find it near impossible to make a not going to games stance against the Hearts.

Most Jambos I know have never trusted Romanov and as it turns out they were right as he is a prize arsehole. Burley leaving was a deflating moment and after that to see the club run like a circus since that clown took us over has just left most people losing interest. I know people who go along to support the players and history of the club, but support Romanov......never.

The worst thing for me has been the amount of wage thieves that have contributed next to nothing. Ironically the thing that may pull real Jambos back may be the current financial hardship as it will mean more opportunities for young, local hungry Scots. Hearts fans love nothing more than seeing one of their own on the park

THIS !!!

Go with some mates then.

If only things were that simple, I don't know if it's an age thing or just the company I keep but I don't have any mates who go or would want to go to the games. sweat.gif

Edit: I was obviously tired and emotional (drunk) and feeling sorry for myself last night when I typed my previous post. whistling.gif

Anyway come on the Hearts 3 points today and the world will seem a better place.

Oh, and I'm planning to go to the St Johnstone game in 2 weeks. (on my own) thumbsup.gif

Have fun Graygo :thumbsup:

In the past few seasons I've been unemployed for 6 months, got married and had my daughter so not attended nearly as many games as I did the previous 10 years or so but the passions still there and can't say it would ever waver no matter who the owner was.

Agree with vintage that I'm not a football fan and rarely watch any game not involving Hearts and if the worst was to happen I'd find something else to occupy my time, maybe register with a watch repair forum to replace this place ::troll:::'>

kingantti1874

Fair comment Chief

I understand your frustration clerry, think we've all been there at some point with hearts... Even under CPR there were times I just couldn't be arsed with it... Sadly - I think Ive just grown accustomed to hearts being surrounded by bullshit..

One thing I think every hearts fan will agree on - I cannot wait till the day I go to the game, go the pub or come on here and all we have to talk about is football...

Have fun Graygo :thumbsup:

In the past few seasons I've been unemployed for 6 months, got married and had my daughter so not attended nearly as many games as I did the previous 10 years or so but the passions still there and can't say it would ever waver no matter who the owner was.

Agree with vintage that I'm not a football fan and rarely watch any game not involving Hearts and if the worst was to happen I'd find something else to occupy my time, maybe register with a watch repair forum to replace this place ::troll:::'>

Likewise at different times of my life I've given Hearts different levels of attention but the passion always remains.

laugh.giflaugh.gif watch repair seems popular on kickback. I stumbled across a vintage action man forum the other day that'll be the way for me should it all go wrong.

Was going to say the same, people said they would stay away with Robinson and would come back with a new owner, they have the same now. The sad truth is that we need success to attract people back as shown by the first two years as quite a few fans are glory hunters (see those who turn up in vast numbers at cup finals but are never seen again.)

All fans of all clubs take large supports to a Cup Final. It's a family day out with mums, dads, uncles, grandads etc etc and may not happen very often. Most people can't afford to go to football every week so Cup Finals are extra special, i don't have a problem with that and wouldn't call them gloryhunters. The real gloryhunters are the ones that jump on buses and head to Glezgae every week instead of supporting their own team, they pz me off but not the one-off cup final crowds.

There's another factor, though.

Romanov may well have been a problem, but during his shambolic ownership we have seen a degree of blatant bias and corruption from the SFA / SPL.

Andy Davies / Sergio' s five match ban / fourth official interventions costing us games etc.

This has sickened me far more than Vlad. They've stolen ALL our money that we pay for games

There's another factor, though.

Romanov may well have been a problem, but during his shambolic ownership we have seen a degree of blatant bias and corruption from the SFA / SPL.

Andy Davies / Sergio' s five match ban / fourth official interventions costing us games etc.

This has sickened me far more than Vlad. They've stolen ALL our money that we pay for games

Wow,bit paranoid are you not bud?

Seymour M Hersh

I would just like to gauge the mood of our lapsed support, those who have become disallusioned by the chaotic way the club is now run. For every regular attender I know I also speak to perhaps 3 or 4 who have become scunnered and although they still love the club they cannot bring themselves to pass through the turnstiles once again. Are you one of these or have you spoken to anyone who is now ready to rally round in our hour of need. Maybe that is too much to hope for and I don't know how much the shortfall in income is week in week out but by filling the stadium maybe the attractiveness of a takeover is greater. Here's hoping anyway.

What you describe is not a new (from 2005) thing. It has always been this way in Edinburgh. I have always know a great number of Hearts supporters who never go (excepting cup finals and cup parades). Edinburgh just in football fanatical enough.

<br /><br />

Wow,bit paranoid are you not bud?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Not all decisions against us have been a conspiricy, but since Romanov took over (more specifically - Andy Davis) we have had some shocking decisions go against us.

Mikoliunas was hounded out of Scottish football despite being a great talent. Some of the yellows and reds he recieved were scandalous.

<br /><br /><br />

Not all decisions against us have been a conspiricy, but since Romanov took over (more specifically - Andy Davis) we have had some shocking decisions go against us.

Mikoliunas was hounded out of Scottish football despite being a great talent. Some of the yellows and reds he recieved were scandalous.

Well our trouble started before Vlad even arrived as it was Levein who fell out with the S.F.A. but refusing to pay a fine for criticising Dougie McDonald,Miko made his own bed by diving everywhere and was a bit part player and no great talent as you put it and yes we've had some dodgy calls from refs but because of our owner we sometimes read a bit too much into things and come out sounding like Celtic fans <_<

Archived